criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar
Triple XP Event

Community Transmission - Lightsaber Combat

135

Replies

  • Skyguy501 wrote: »
    Idk about the whole stamina bar to attack bit. I’ll just have to test it out before I can really say anything.

    ”Meanwhile, within the confines of Skyguy501’s brain....”
    5313wvxkralh.gif

    Its good that people cant spam bad because now I have a feeling gunslingers will dominate the gamemode.
  • love what im hearing about the changes but i would like to try it out before i say ney or yay.
    i hope yoda and maul won't lose their dodge, thats what i love the most about them but i am glad they can block now
    the base stats seem good but i wish they had posted each heroes base stamina stats
    im exited to take on Anaking "BRING IT ANI" (and yes he is overpowered but im still exited)

    ps i specially love that you won't get staggered unless you block with out stamina (you will have to manage your skills better)

    pss its a good start and hope to see (hear) more changes like this
  • Have you fixed the issue where after a while I can no longer block anything with a lightsaber hero but I still lose stamina for blocking? Also if you’re fixing lightsaber combat go ahead and add 5v5 lightsaber game mode!!
  • crssquared wrote: »
    Or make a HvsV variant where no blasters / ranged are involved. Tired of getting into a good duel then having some ranged player interrupt it.

    Sick of that, too. TF2 has duels within team matches and it works out fine. They need this, where the two get some amnesty. If it's hero blast, then the duel still can count towards the team's score.
    TF2 this ain't.

    No, I wasn't stating that TF2 characters and dueling mechanics should replace SW characters and their abilities.

    We were talking about the amnesty aspect, not remaking the entire game into TF2. We weren't talking about target-based HvV, but rather, Hero Blast. Amnesty. *Temporary* Amnesty.

    We weren't suggesting giving Vader a Sandvich and mini-gun, boxing gloves, or 7 closets full of hats (or helmets).
  • Exen44 wrote: »
    Stop complaining about Anakin. Seriously. The people who complain about Anakin are the same people who play blaster heroes like Lando who has a ridiculous stun range, roll back out of your swing and tank your health by shooting you point blank in the face until you go from 700 HP to 50 HP. But that's COMPLETELY fine.

    Anakin isn't that OP. The only reason you want to nerf him is because he threatens your style of gameplay. AKA, blaster heroes only in HvV, roll back, spam stun and shoot. But if you know what you're doing, you can easily kill Anakin with heroes like Grievous, Vader, Kylo, Dooku -- even Palpatine if you're lucky. I say this from experience. So when you say he's 'OP', you mean he's OP against blaster heroes. Which isn't even a problem. Because there needs to be a balancing force that deals with people like that.

    Also, he's the CHOSEN ONE. As in, a being with untapped potential until he got nerfed into Vader on Mustafar when he got all his limbs severed and burned alive. He's supposed to be powerful. But he's far from unkillable.

    TL;DR, he doesn't need nerfing, and if anything heroes like Lando's stun do.

    The End.

    no we mean he's overpowered because he literally tops the leaderboard in every single HVV match thanks to 3 crowd control powers + an unblockable strike that blows enemies off their feet and leaves them vulnerable. could care less about accuracy to films.
  • Old Lightsaber Stagger was like:

  • Everybody pulling out the stamina cards for HvV tomorrow. Lmao
  • General Grievous seems a bit unbalanced. Please improve his abilities. And he needs to deal more damage imo. Look at his deflect numbers. Too low.

    Flank?
  • TopGun_15
    55 posts Member
    edited March 26
    awakespace wrote: »
    q1aragk604n2.png

    I find it a bit strange that 1 on 1, no hero has enough offensive stamina to break Kylo's, Dooku's, or Vader's defensive stamina...

    while on the flip side only Obi can outlast all villains with his defensive stamina

    That’s so true, this system looks off for 1v1/s but ability blocking should drain stamina as well I’m assuming... no way to know for sure though till after it’s launched. If they don’t it’ll be a lot of just blocking and moving around.
  • No changes to the worst part about saber combat, which is saber lock/stun?

    "After being hit by a Lightsaber, players will not be able to be staggered by a Lightsaber attack for 0.8 seconds."

    This is from the main transmission. They must have forgotten to put it in this one. But hopefully this will fix the saber stun lock problem.
  • "One of the most visible changes to lightsaber combat is going to come in the form of the removal of the stagger for attacking heroes. In the current version of the game when a hero attacks a blocking hero, the attacker will stagger backwards.
    We’ve seen feedback that this is not desired, and we agree"

    FINALLY! But what were you thinking in first place?! This crazy speed hitting blocking saber is most epic effect of entire saber combat and what so fascinates the viewer in movies! Now i will enjoy it either i lose or win.
  • The melee attacks and deflection should use separate drain pools

    The melee attacks should drain Stamina, and Deflection should drain Focus

    If we go around swinging and run out of stamina, we should be able to block while we move back into cover

    THIS!
  • One of the main issues they didn't seem to correct was how quickly characters can transition from block to attack. Before they had stagger, which would give players a window to attack a player that had been perfectly blocked; however, the issue was that it would knock people backwards out of range so you couldn't hit them. I agree this needed to be removed or changed. Seems though they weren't too aware of all lightsaber combat problems..... especially not what would happen when you don't have a window of opportunity to attack back when blocking.

    Grievous already has this issue with his lightsaber attack. Right now if you try to take on Grievous 1v1 with any jedi character and you don't use any special attacks you'll still lose because grievous has more stamina than every jedi and most importantlyGRIEVOUS can continuously attack you without a stagger right now, even before this update. He can constantly hit you, until you run out of stamina. He doesn't present a window of opportunity to hit him back without being hit yourself. In addition he has a much higher stamina pool than every jedi. So as there is no window of opportunity and he has drastically more stamina than every jedi....except when rey uses insight to gain infinite stamina. The only option you have to stop grievous is to instead rely mostly on your abilities and only attack his with lightsaber sparingly, which really kills the lightsaber combat in the game. I hope they sped up the animations so you can still block, attack, block, attack consecutively without getting hit.........it doesn't seem to be the case though.





    I'll have to wait and see how this plays out, but I don't think this is going to improve a whole lot. Maybe maul will get better because he seems to have a block now.

    But Yoda could also keep attacking without getting kicked backwards?
  • love what im hearing about the changes but i would like to try it out before i say ney or yay.
    i hope yoda and maul won't lose their dodge, thats what i love the most about them but i am glad they can block now
    the base stats seem good but i wish they had posted each heroes base stamina stats
    im exited to take on Anaking "BRING IT ANI" (and yes he is overpowered but im still exited)

    ps i specially love that you won't get staggered unless you block with out stamina (you will have to manage your skills better)

    pss its a good start and hope to see (hear) more changes like this
    NOTHING is confirmed yet about blocking.
  • How about penalizing the runners and drain their stamina? After all, dont you drain stamina from running?

    That would be hard, especially when you spawn in far away from battle - you run into battle, stamina is drained, then you can't attack, you get killed, or get shot, if you survive, you can't run to safety, sorry but bad idea.
  • FantasyMan wrote: »
    "One of the most visible changes to lightsaber combat is going to come in the form of the removal of the stagger for attacking heroes. In the current version of the game when a hero attacks a blocking hero, the attacker will stagger backwards.
    We’ve seen feedback that this is not desired, and we agree"

    FINALLY! But what were you thinking in first place?! This crazy speed hitting blocking saber is most epic effect of entire saber combat and what so fascinates the viewer in movies! Now i will enjoy it either i lose or win.

    So the most awesome thing was seen people keep blocking, and somebody keep getting pushed backwards so there wasn't any flow in the lightsaber combat?
  • i think i can understand everything except for deflect spread angle multiplier of 0 - 20.

    Someone please explain in English?
  • Obiwan may be able to block 46 shots, but if every 3rd shot is an explosive he will be dead.
  • I still don't understand why some heroes can have so much damage. Dooku, Anakin, GG. Though with GG if the card works, it comes at a huge stamina cost, so Dooku and Anakin.
  • XAnakin93
    531 posts Member
    edited March 26
    I don't get it.

    A hero can't attacck when he have no stamita.
    A hero can't no longer block when he have no stamina.
    Hero drain stamina if he attaccks
    Hero drain stamina if he blocks
    So, if i'm blocking, and my enemy is attacking, when he run out of stamina, he can't attacck, and i should attacck him, cause he have no stamina, but guess what? i have no stamina aswell, cause i was blocking, and i can't attacck.
    What's the entire point of this? lol

    Also, Grievous can block 5 blaster shots before run out of stamina, and then? what he does? nothing?

    I don't know boys, i'm gonna wait the patch and test, but this seems like a big middle finger to lightsaber heroes.

    And as always, they didn't fix the roll.
    I bet normal troops, and blaster heroes will jus poop on lighsaber heroes, as always.
  • Sniffy44 wrote: »
    Exen44 wrote: »
    Stop complaining about Anakin. Seriously. The people who complain about Anakin are the same people who play blaster heroes like Lando who has a ridiculous stun range, roll back out of your swing and tank your health by shooting you point blank in the face until you go from 700 HP to 50 HP. But that's COMPLETELY fine.

    Anakin isn't that OP. The only reason you want to nerf him is because he threatens your style of gameplay. AKA, blaster heroes only in HvV, roll back, spam stun and shoot. But if you know what you're doing, you can easily kill Anakin with heroes like Grievous, Vader, Kylo, Dooku -- even Palpatine if you're lucky. I say this from experience. So when you say he's 'OP', you mean he's OP against blaster heroes. Which isn't even a problem. Because there needs to be a balancing force that deals with people like that.

    Also, he's the CHOSEN ONE. As in, a being with untapped potential until he got nerfed into Vader on Mustafar when he got all his limbs severed and burned alive. He's supposed to be powerful. But he's far from unkillable.

    TL;DR, he doesn't need nerfing, and if anything heroes like Lando's stun do.

    The End.

    no we mean he's overpowered because he literally tops the leaderboard in every single HVV match thanks to 3 crowd control powers + an unblockable strike that blows enemies off their feet and leaves them vulnerable. could care less about accuracy to films.

    Aw, gun heroes no longer top the leaderboard 90% of the time by doing nothing but spamming stuns, rolling backwards, and cashing in score by dealing damage from a distance :(

    Come on. I've been in countless games where Anakin hasn't been first. Most of the times he's second. On some occasions he's 4th, or not even on there at all. It depends on the player, and whether your team knows how to counter Anakin. Which as I've explained to someone else already in these very comments, isn't that hard. The only 'overpowered' ability he has is his retribution, which compared to things like Lando's stun, which has a ridiculous range, and can't be blocked/dodged/jumped, isn't that OP at all. He's a pain for gun heroes, though. Which he should be. Because they're a pain for literally everyone else. As things stand, he's a balancing force. If there's no reason to nerf gun heroes' stun, then there's no reason to nerf him anymore then they already have.

    They already nerfed his heroic might, and unless you're a complete *****, it's easy to avoid. His pull can be blocked. Easy. His guard break/massive strikes can also be avoided by knowing when to dodge, and knowing when it's coming. His retribution can also be blocked so long as you're expecting it.

    TL;DR, it's not hard, he's not that OP, and can be killed so long as you know what you're doing.
  • i think i can understand everything except for deflect spread angle multiplier of 0 - 20.

    Someone please explain in English?

    Laser shots from long distance will not return to shooter after blocking it with sabers.
  • DK_Bastian wrote: »
    FantasyMan wrote: »
    "One of the most visible changes to lightsaber combat is going to come in the form of the removal of the stagger for attacking heroes. In the current version of the game when a hero attacks a blocking hero, the attacker will stagger backwards.
    We’ve seen feedback that this is not desired, and we agree"

    FINALLY! But what were you thinking in first place?! This crazy speed hitting blocking saber is most epic effect of entire saber combat and what so fascinates the viewer in movies! Now i will enjoy it either i lose or win.

    So the most awesome thing was seen people keep blocking, and somebody keep getting pushed backwards so there wasn't any flow in the lightsaber combat?

    Yeah, i realy enjoyed cerebral paralysis simulator way more!
  • @F8RGE Could you explain Darth Maul deflections???
  • Exen44 wrote: »
    Sniffy44 wrote: »
    Exen44 wrote: »
    Stop complaining about Anakin. Seriously. The people who complain about Anakin are the same people who play blaster heroes like Lando who has a ridiculous stun range, roll back out of your swing and tank your health by shooting you point blank in the face until you go from 700 HP to 50 HP. But that's COMPLETELY fine.

    Anakin isn't that OP. The only reason you want to nerf him is because he threatens your style of gameplay. AKA, blaster heroes only in HvV, roll back, spam stun and shoot. But if you know what you're doing, you can easily kill Anakin with heroes like Grievous, Vader, Kylo, Dooku -- even Palpatine if you're lucky. I say this from experience. So when you say he's 'OP', you mean he's OP against blaster heroes. Which isn't even a problem. Because there needs to be a balancing force that deals with people like that.

    Also, he's the CHOSEN ONE. As in, a being with untapped potential until he got nerfed into Vader on Mustafar when he got all his limbs severed and burned alive. He's supposed to be powerful. But he's far from unkillable.

    TL;DR, he doesn't need nerfing, and if anything heroes like Lando's stun do.

    The End.

    no we mean he's overpowered because he literally tops the leaderboard in every single HVV match thanks to 3 crowd control powers + an unblockable strike that blows enemies off their feet and leaves them vulnerable. could care less about accuracy to films.

    Aw, gun heroes no longer top the leaderboard 90% of the time by doing nothing but spamming stuns, rolling backwards, and cashing in score by dealing damage from a distance :(

    Come on. I've been in countless games where Anakin hasn't been first. Most of the times he's second. On some occasions he's 4th, or not even on there at all. It depends on the player, and whether your team knows how to counter Anakin. Which as I've explained to someone else already in these very comments, isn't that hard. The only 'overpowered' ability he has is his retribution, which compared to things like Lando's stun, which has a ridiculous range, and can't be blocked/dodged/jumped, isn't that OP at all. He's a pain for gun heroes, though. Which he should be. Because they're a pain for literally everyone else. As things stand, he's a balancing force. If there's no reason to nerf gun heroes' stun, then there's no reason to nerf him anymore then they already have.

    They already nerfed his heroic might, and unless you're a complete ****, it's easy to avoid. His pull can be blocked. Easy. His guard break/massive strikes can also be avoided by knowing when to dodge, and knowing when it's coming. His retribution can also be blocked so long as you're expecting it.

    TL;DR, it's not hard, he's not that OP, and can be killed so long as you know what you're doing.

    yes! Anakin gives off so many indications of which powers he uses, hes saber strike thingy, is slow, but devastating, it is easy to spot when he uses which power and then to avoid them.
  • Can confirm: Maul has NO block.

    I’m done with this game.
    Make Maul great again.
  • Deckard112 wrote: »
    Can confirm: Maul has NO block.

    I’m done with this game.

    Sigh. Yep, I'm incredibly disappointed. I hope the other changes are alright.
  • Relikk
    239 posts Member
    Deckard112 wrote: »
    Can confirm: Maul has NO block.

    Good. He didn't need one, anyway. Great utilities and mobility.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    du2UASv.gif
  • Deckard112 wrote: »
    Can confirm: Maul has NO block.

    I’m done with this game.

    Told everybody, stop getting mad, it is not like he had a block which got removed soooo
  • Razza4130 wrote: »
    @F8RGE Could you explain Darth Maul deflections???

    If you use his spin correctly he would block/send back blaster bullets, and protect himself from lightsabes but that is a welltimed spin haha!
  • So, how new saber vs saber feels? Anybody?
  • DK_Bastian wrote: »
    Razza4130 wrote: »
    @F8RGE Could you explain Darth Maul deflections???

    If you use his spin correctly he would block/send back blaster bullets, and protect himself from lightsabes but that is a welltimed spin haha!

    I can’t remember any time this ever happened to me. Probably as broken as his saber throw which never lands.
    Make Maul great again.
  • Blaster Heroes FTW.

    R.I.P Saber Heroes.

    When you want more stylish Duels with that Patch, THAN GODDAMN GIVE US A SABER ONLY MODE !!!!!
  • Lol, just watched Jedi Academy and Jedi Outcast gameplay videos. Dice, you are just a joke.
  • Raylol wrote: »
    General Grievous seems a bit unbalanced. Please improve his abilities. And he needs to deal more damage imo. Look at his deflect numbers. Too low.

    Learn to use his abilities together and he is the best for 1v1.
    His damage it’s already insane.
    His abilities are one of the best in the game.

    Just learn to use the abilities instead of random clicking buttons.

    Yeah. Assuming they haven't nerfed him lately, you didn't really need to swing his sabers at all if you knew what you were doing.

    ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sorta like an insane Japanese SOAD, but w/ 3 vocalists and slap bass)

    Gamertag: Billkwando PSN: Billkwando YouTube: Billkwando
    Find me in HvV, pushing people off of stuff and watching them fall, like a cat.
  • Deckard112 wrote: »
    DK_Bastian wrote: »
    Razza4130 wrote: »
    @F8RGE Could you explain Darth Maul deflections???

    If you use his spin correctly he would block/send back blaster bullets, and protect himself from lightsabes but that is a welltimed spin haha!

    I can’t remember any time this ever happened to me. Probably as broken as his saber throw which never lands.

    It is because they made it so, that when you have to deflect at blaster, you have to look precisely at the enemy with ur crosshair :( ahhaha
  • FantasyMan wrote: »
    So, how new saber vs saber feels? Anybody?

    Feels very smooth. Still getting used to the stamina changes, but they don't feel too far off so far. Only played a couple matches before work so far tho. I'll spend more time this evening.
  • This looks nice. Thanks DICE for doing a nice job balancing so players don't just spam attacks like they don't have any technique or practice in arcade.
  • Last time the block stager was removed it ruined HVV , so it was put back , now it’s removed again to ruin the game play again? In the notes it’s says it was removed to stop people from being able to run up and constantly attack blindly and over powering the opponent with a barrage of attacks ... THE STAGER WAS WHAT STOPPED THAT!.. and the only thing that stopped that !! A good stager is essential to lightsaber combat , once the unstagrgared attacking starts the block no longer works ( as before when removed) leavening you completely defenseless, not to mention there is no stamina bar or health bar to give an indication of when your almost out ( this is also essential) and blocking and attacking Stan aims are not matched , you just stack until oponient is out of stanaima and keep stacking because you are not out of stack stamina ( really devs ?) and now a lot of force abilities don’t work either , you got a big mess going on in HVV from new update , all I play is HVV and star fighter and I play about 4 hrs a day 7 days a week ( I’m a looser :) ) but with no additional content for star fighter and the mess going on in HVV I will be putting this game on the shelf untill lightsaber combat is returned to its former glory ( and yes snaking is still extremely over powered , he should be no more powerful than Vader ( considering Vader is the more powerful form of Vader )
  • I've played a few matches of HvV now and overall I don't mind the new combat system. The only thing is sometimes it seems like lightsaber damage doesn't register sometimes. I don't know if it's just me.
  • I am glad Maul has no block, He is better off as a full offensive character, they should give him considerably more stamina though, since his defenses are low.
    "By Azura, by Azura, by Azura! It's the Grand Champion! I can't believe it's you! Standing here! Next to me!"
  • Blindly attacking and being attacked wildly swinging lightsabers because you can’t tell if you blocked or were blocked is the best !!! Lol just swing untill you run out of the stanaima you don’t know how much of you have works great !!
  • TiNie
    300 posts Member
    The melee attacks and deflection should use separate drain pools

    The melee attacks should drain Stamina, and Deflection should drain Focus

    If we go around swinging and run out of stamina, we should be able to block while we move back into cover

    I agree, you should still be able to defelct/block blaster fire after loosing your stamina for striking otherwise lightsaber users will be much weaker in HvV against Blaster epics now.
    I would go further. I would like to see some sort of Force stamina/focus. No reloadtime for force powers. Use this force stamina and if its gone you habe to wait for it to be filled up again. So it would be possible to do specific force abilities more often. Maybe exepct of some specific ones like heroic might. Force push or pull for example could be handle with this force stamina pool.
  • Billkwando
    2018 posts Member
    edited March 26
    I cant see any mention about blocking when knocked down bug and blocking from behind (lightsaber and force powers) i just hope those are in the patch and are just not mentioned in notes. Its the first thing i am going to test

    I haven't caught up with the rest of the thread yet, but in case nobody else mentioned it, this appears to be fixed! Yay! :D

    Edit: Actually I can only say from experience that shooting while lying down is fixed, but I'm pretty sure they're the same bug.
    Post edited by Billkwando on
    ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sorta like an insane Japanese SOAD, but w/ 3 vocalists and slap bass)

    Gamertag: Billkwando PSN: Billkwando YouTube: Billkwando
    Find me in HvV, pushing people off of stuff and watching them fall, like a cat.
  • The new.CT mode is great and I really enjoy it but a major issue is just how bad one character is. Anikan is overpowered that’s okay but what isn’t fine is that the villains have no counter hero to anikan. Anikan needs not exactly a nerf but a reduction in his range of attack and increased time to recharge his ability’s because in CT defending or capturing a point he can just run in spam his ability’s OKO all of us an run away. I’ve seen this happen and had it happen to me and in the few games I’ve played not CT related it’s the same story. Now I’m open to suggestions but people saying he is not bad and is fine as is are players who haven’t had this happen to them enough. So EA Either do something about anikans recharge rate and range of attacks or nerf anikan entirely.
  • Aight so Maul doesn't have a block yet it says in the chart he can deflect 18 blaster shots and 10 melee attacks with a deflect on blasters at 0.45. Either im missing something or EA is missing something. Somebody explain.
    Fear. Fear attracts the fearful. The strong. The weak. The innocent. The corrupt. Fear. Fear is my ally.

  • Superb changes! These are some very much needed adjustments to lightsaber combat. Outstanding work, DICE. Looking forward to what you have planned next!

    @F8RGE @EA_Charlemagne
    "All wings report in."
  • Aight so Maul doesn't have a block yet it says in the chart he can deflect 18 blaster shots and 10 melee attacks with a deflect on blasters at 0.45. Either im missing something or EA is missing something. Somebody explain.

    People who made the chart are incompetent. He still cant block. They could potentially mean for his Spin Attacks, but that's just asinine.
    We need a Tier System for the Heroes. It would justify the "op-ness" of Vader over Han and Chewbacca. It would cost much more to unlock Vader, and would require you to save a lot more than for other heroes and vehicles, but it would be rewarding in the end...

    "It would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames
This discussion has been closed.