criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

Community Transmission - Lightsaber Combat

Replies

• DK_Bastian wrote: »
    How about penalizing the runners and drain their stamina? After all, dont you drain stamina from running?

That would be hard, especially when you spawn in far away from battle - you run into battle, stamina is drained, then you can't attack, you get killed, or get shot, if you survive, you can't run to safety, sorry but bad idea.

that should be for blaster heroes only. they don't have a limit to roll out while jedi/sith do "how is that balanced, not to mention their attacks don't drain stamina" also explosives should have a penalty if the users uses them near them. its really annoying when they get away by blowing themselves up and they can just shoot while you are knocked down/paralyzed by the blast
  • TiNie wrote: »
    The melee attacks and deflection should use separate drain pools

The melee attacks should drain Stamina, and Deflection should drain Focus

If we go around swinging and run out of stamina, we should be able to block while we move back into cover

I agree, you should still be able to defelct/block blaster fire after loosing your stamina for striking otherwise lightsaber users will be much weaker in HvV against Blaster epics now.
    I would go further. I would like to see some sort of Force stamina/focus. No reloadtime for force powers. Use this force stamina and if its gone you habe to wait for it to be filled up again. So it would be possible to do specific force abilities more often. Maybe exepct of some specific ones like heroic might. Force push or pull for example could be handle with this force stamina pool.

i think that attacks and blaster reflect is okay for draining stamina since they required it but blaster deflect shouldn't. i do love the idea of adding a force stamina bar and scrap the current recharge mechanic
  • i tried the new combat and i hate to admit but the current changes don't make much of a difference.
    -- you still get stunned when attacked but you recover faster. (not sure how i feel about this one)
    -- there is no draw back when attacking a block which is great but its not very helpful. (the fighting has a better flow but it still the same)
    -- maul can't block at all and yoda still about the same. (maul just got a serious debuff)
    -- just holding the block won't drain your stamina which is great
    -- there were several bug fixes (haven't had the block issue which is great)
    -- if you are out of stamina you can't attack/block which is good but blaster heroes feel more overpowered now. since they don't have to worry about any of this and since they don't have almost anything that uses stamina, there is hardly any balance since all they have to do now is roll out until you run out of stamina.

there were fixes and some improvements but i can't say that this is a rework for saber combat, feel more like a patch at best. i hope they can take another shot at it soon
  • FantasyMan
    64 posts Member
    edited March 27
    Finally tested new lightsabers. And i like it. Hitting block feels great. Even vs high stamina Obi-wan.

Still sad Maul and Yoda can't block. No chances vs anakin 1 on 1. But well...
  • My experience with stagger has been the other way around: when I block (provided it’s working) my opponent just keeps wailing on me until they break my block or push me over the edge of something. I am NOT being sarcastic. I honestly have never had another player stagger back from my block. It’s always been me who staggers. Just tonight Rey has been doing it. Every single we face off.
  • LeviRaiko
    3 posts Member
    edited March 27
    Great new mode keep up.
    :)

I support the stamina for ATK and Focus to block/deflect, could be great.
    Now that the attacker does not stagger after being blocked u can't run from the attackers, they can constantly attack U until the stamina runs out, and even if they deplete their stamina u won't be able to attack cause u didnt wanted to die fast and blocked all u could, thats why i support the Focus for blockin/ deflectin idea.
    Maul really should block he is an skillful sith, or he "Beated" Qui-Gon just with spin attack? :|
    Vader issue: if u jump and hold the attack Button/key he loses 1/3 of the entire stamina bar :s , we all use it for the extra impulse, but its ridiculous to lose that much. Don't know if the other H or V have the same issue.
    About Vader, the helmet should grant Night visión, and infrared, Ive done my homework pls check this out :)
    Anakin Retaliate should DMG 300, no animation skill,
    Or 400 with animation. And a Lil bit less radius. He is not OP! Retaliate is.

Also what about HvV kashyyyk reworked, inside the tree there are "holes" if u fall u die, but theres floor! And if u are a force hero u should get out just by jumping, think about it.

Whatever happened to Jyn Erso, RIP.

PD: i miss so much k-16 bryar, great blaster. And pls don't kill the game just like the director of the new movies.
  • New lightsaber combat so suck
    roll it back pls...
  • New mode is fun. Something fresh and new but one bloody map! Not enough to keep me engaged for longer than a week.
  • New lightsaber combat so suck
    roll it back pls...

Button masher
  • IcedFreon wrote: »
    New lightsaber combat so suck
    roll it back pls...

Button masher

I mean, this current system encourages the same thing, if not more so.
    We need a Tier System for the Heroes. It would justify the "op-ness" of Vader over Han and Chewbacca. It would cost much more to unlock Vader, and would require you to save a lot more than for other heroes and vehicles, but it would be rewarding in the end...

"It would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames
  • Heroes v Villains has been the highlight of me playing 1071 hours since launch (that is like 1.4 months, 6 weeks, or 44 days straight of playing this game), this new patch to make it more "technical" is a lie, and a massive disappointment for my game playing enjoyment.

In my opinion, this big lie, the lie that they say that this will be focused on skill, is anything but skill. I believe the reason for this update, is to shorten the rounds so players who like to run around the map and not fight get to punish the rest of us who are the predators. I believe this "technical skill" lie, is also manufactured to kow-tow to users who want characters nerfed because, they lack skill sets, or have not put in time or effort to learn each of the characters skills and weaknesses, in order to fight properly.

To illustrate my point, I used to be able to wipe out an entire team with one life by myself (not all the times, sometimes I'd get my butt handed to me on a platter) now I can be wiped out in two or three strikes by blocking opponents strikes. Yes, I still come out number one in the game, or one on my team with a lightsaber wielder, but there is no technique involved in this new patch. You either sit and wait to kill a person after watching a teammate do what they can in battle and then finish the job after they die, or jump in and get obliterated in a few strikes, and when you block hope there is no glitch associated with blocking.

I love this game and would hope that the whiners would take a tall glass of shut up, but this new patch has kinda of killed my enthusiasm for playing. It isn't technical, unless it is technical in the sense of shortening the rounds from people who like to run away from combat, and run around the map like cowards -- opposed to fighting.
  • Why Vader doesn't do more damage than Anakin? I wish it had a 6x6 or 8x8 in Heroes vs Villains and more Heroes n Villains like Ahsoka, Mace Windu, Quin-Gon Jinn, Kit-Fisto, Cad-Bane, Jango Fett, Asajj Ventress, Savage Opress, Greedo, Deengar and other.
  • I don't think we'd be getting any new heroes soon (or at all, not ruling it out though). So it, would be great for many more skins to help personalize the heroes we have like
    . CP30 on Chewie
    . Porg on Chewie shoulder
    . Battle Damaged Vader
    . C3PO head on droid skin ( droid skins in general )
    . Darth Maul metal legs skin
    . Dath Maul (Hooded)
    . Darth Maul ( Tattoos)
    . Anakin Clone Wars appearnace
    . Anakin Braid Hair
    . Bobba Fett Prototype
    . Bobba Fett Holiday Edition
    . Obi Wan (Old)
    . Obi Wan Padawan
    . Emperor Red Robes
    . Luke Pilot Outfit
    . Luke Farmboy outfit
    . Luke Old
    . Han Solo Smuggler (Beardless)
    . Han Solo Treasure Hunter ( Indiana Jones Appearance)
    . Phasma Golden
    . Phasma Damaged
    . Bossk Prisoner
    . Bossk Disguise
    . Leia Princess
    "By Azura, by Azura, by Azura! It's the Grand Champion! I can't believe it's you! Standing here! Next to me!"
  • My experience with stagger has been the other way around: when I block (provided it’s working) my opponent just keeps wailing on me until they break my block or push me over the edge of something. I am NOT being sarcastic. I honestly have never had another player stagger back from my block. It’s always been me who staggers. Just tonight Rey has been doing it. Every single we face off.

This is a whole new point of saber combat. You can't just stay and block hits (or constantly hitting block), waiting for end of your stamina or your opponent. You have to be smarter, you have to move. Provoke one-two hits, he blocked, wait for him to attack, dash! and attack! See "something" wrong, block immideatly! retreat dash! dash forward! attack!

Dueling feels sooo smooth now! Even by Maul without blocking.
  • So I got around to playing HvV (my main game mode) and this is what I think:

Vader being as how slow he is and with the changes implemented yesterday, I think he should have a slight increase in lightsaber damage (somebody mentioned +5 damage) and either a small increase to his damage reduction on his furious rage ability or increase his health star card to be +200 on epic.

Even though Maul now has stamina, I don't think he requires a block since he's still very agile. Maybe give him a 3rd dodge?

Anakin still feels pretty op due to 2 things:
    1. His Retribution (imo they should change it so either you take ie. 300 damage in 1 second suspended in the air or its more like an aura where you take damage constantly being in a certain radius even if you're blocking)
    2. His pull/passionate strike combo against non-lightsaber villians (I think his pull should charge like obi's push or passionate strike shouldn't knock down)

I feel bad for Finn, imo I think he is the weakest Hero/Villian, his undercover team should be instant (no animation) and have a way higher speed increase but a shorter duration

I didn't get a chance to play Grevious yesterday.
  • TheRickestRic
    4 posts Member
    edited March 28
    I am concerned with the balance between blasters and sabers now.

Blaster Heroes are going to have even more disadvantage in one on one fights than they did before. Don't you think the Blaster Heroes will need a buff to maintain the balance now that all light saber heroes do 120 or more damage? Some players exclusively play as blaster heroes. Personally my favorite game mode is Heroes Vs Villains and you guys have done great at balancing the Blasters with Sabers, until Anakin was added.

Side Note: The "target" objective in Heroes vs Villains is a frustrating at times. I would prefer an objective with a set number of reinforcements and the first team whose deplete to zero loses.
  • I am concerned with the balance between blasters and sabers now.

Blaster Heroes are going to have even more disadvantage in one on one fights than they did before. Don't you think the Blaster Heroes will need a buff to maintain the balance now that all light saber heroes do 120 or more damage? Some players exclusively play as blaster heroes. Personally my favorite game mode is Heroes Vs Villains and you guys have done great at balancing the Blasters with Sabers, until Anakin was added.

Side Note: The "target" objective in Heroes vs Villains is a frustrating at times. I would prefer an objective with a set number of reinforcements and the first team whose deplete to zero loses.

I think they will be fine. Phasma hard counters and Saber Hero, and can hold her own against Anakin even.
    We need a Tier System for the Heroes. It would justify the "op-ness" of Vader over Han and Chewbacca. It would cost much more to unlock Vader, and would require you to save a lot more than for other heroes and vehicles, but it would be rewarding in the end...

"It would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames
  • Just tried it in HVV. Seems much more fluent and not like endless lightsaber-defense anymore. Also by the first try the LS heroes still seem to hold very well in GA/CS. Very important.

Seems like you did a very awesome just by the first look of it!!!!

THANK YOU so much.

(Only Anikin still seems to be quite op, happy to hear you'll nerf him)
  • FantasyMan wrote: »
    My experience with stagger has been the other way around: when I block (provided it’s working) my opponent just keeps wailing on me until they break my block or push me over the edge of something. I am NOT being sarcastic. I honestly have never had another player stagger back from my block. It’s always been me who staggers. Just tonight Rey has been doing it. Every single we face off.

This is a whole new point of saber combat. You can't just stay and block hits (or constantly hitting block), waiting for end of your stamina or your opponent. You have to be smarter, you have to move. Provoke one-two hits, he blocked, wait for him to attack, dash! and attack! See "something" wrong, block immideatly! retreat dash! dash forward! attack!

Dueling feels sooo smooth now! Even by Maul without blocking.

this does work if your opponent is focused in 1vs 1 engagement otherwise they will just block until they get help. stamina doesn't drain for holding block. i like the direction they are going but i wish they had done more and part of me liked the idea of losing stamina while holding block because it made player chose between keeping your defense up or saving stamina (in other word there are more openings during fights)
  • Exodus425 wrote: »
    So I got around to playing HvV (my main game mode) and this is what I think:

Vader being as how slow he is and with the changes implemented yesterday, I think he should have a slight increase in lightsaber damage (somebody mentioned +5 damage) and either a small increase to his damage reduction on his furious rage ability or increase his health star card to be +200 on epic.

Even though Maul now has stamina, I don't think he requires a block since he's still very agile. Maybe give him a 3rd dodge?

Anakin still feels pretty op due to 2 things:
    1. His Retribution (imo they should change it so either you take ie. 300 damage in 1 second suspended in the air or its more like an aura where you take damage constantly being in a certain radius even if you're blocking)
    2. His pull/passionate strike combo against non-lightsaber villians (I think his pull should charge like obi's push or passionate strike shouldn't knock down)

I feel bad for Finn, imo I think he is the weakest Hero/Villian, his undercover team should be instant (no animation) and have a way higher speed increase but a shorter duration

I didn't get a chance to play Grevious yesterday.

i like what you are saying but for maul i think i would like a timed block to cause parry (i want to keep his dodge, i love that the most about him) and if you are holding block to be able to block force skills only (something along those lines.
  • sharkman781
    131 posts Member
    edited March 28
    I am concerned with the balance between blasters and sabers now.

I think they will be fine. Phasma hard counters and Saber Hero, and can hold her own against Anakin even.

no they won't, any hero that has explosives and stun have a huge advantage over saber. rush skills provide them with a break and since blast heroes don't use stamina, all they have to do is keep rolling (saber won't be able to attack or defend). sabers should be better at close combat but they are not, they are easily countered by explosive skills or melee hit which can't be blocked by sabers. (explosives is understandable but melee hits shouldn't)

i think jedi/sith should be the one with an unlimited amount of roll out instead of 2 and give the blaster heroes only 2 roll outs, if they melee while you are blocking, blaster s should get dmg instead and a penalty for using explosives near them or at the very least for them to get knocked down or stunned too.
    im not saying that blasters are op but they have a huge advantage over sabers aside from ANI who is OP
    the current system requires sabers to sneak attack blaster or group up on a blaster to have a better chance at killing it unless they are half dead or don't know how to use them. this game is STAR WARS not assassins creed

ps if you are stunned blaster shots won't break the stun but if saber hits, then the stun is nullified. another buff for the blasters
  • I am concerned with the balance between blasters and sabers now.

no they won't, any hero that has explosives and stun have a huge advantage over saber. rush skills provide them with a break and since blast heroes don't use stamina, all they have to do is keep rolling (saber won't be able to attack or defend). sabers should be better at close combat but they are not, they are easily countered by explosive skills or melee hit which can't be blocked by sabers. (explosives is understandable but melee hits shouldn't)

i think jedi/sith should be the one with an unlimited amount of roll out instead of 2 and give the blaster heroes only 2 roll outs, if they melee while you are blocking, blaster s should get dmg instead and a penalty for using explosives near them or at the very least for them to get knocked down or stunned too.
    im not saying that blasters are op but they have a huge advantage over sabers aside from ANI who is OP
    the current system requires sabers to sneak attack blaster or group up on a blaster to have a better chance at killing it unless they are half dead or don't know how to use them. this game is STAR WARS not assassins creed

ps if you are stunned blaster shots won't break the stun but if saber hits, then the stun is nullified. another buff for the blasters

Reread please. I'm saying Blaster Heroes will be fine. The guy beforehand said Blaster Heroes might need buffs. I'm disagreeing with him.

• Starmasui73146
    1533 posts Member
    edited March 28
    F8RGE wrote: »
    0lennot62daz.png
    INCOMING TRANSMISSION

With the arrival of the next update we will be making the first of some changes that we have planned with lightsaber combat. For this update we’re going to be focusing more on the stamina system and how that affects the overall feeling and flow of close combat.

STAGGER CHANGES

One of the most visible changes to lightsaber combat is going to come in the form of the removal of the stagger for attacking heroes. In the current version of the game when a hero attacks a blocking hero, the attacker will stagger backwards.

We’ve seen feedback that this is not desired, and we agree. We feel this breaks the flow of lightsaber combat which is usually free flowing. With this change attacking heroes will no longer stagger backwards upon hitting a blocking hero, meaning they can continue to chain attacks until they run out of stamina.

Attacking with a lightsaber depletes a hero’s stamina and once this reaches zero the attacker will not be able to perform any attacks until their stamina regenerates. As a result of this, attacking will now be a lot more strategic as you will be unable to run up to someone and continuously swing your lightsaber. Instead, you will need to think more about utilising your other abilities alongside lightsaber attacks.

As well as this, blocking with a lightsaber also reduces a hero’s stamina. Meaning that nobody will be able to block indefinitely.

While all heroes have had changes made to their Stamina values, we’ve also made some additional changes to Darth Maul, Rey and Darth Vader.

Darth Maul’s attacks will now have a stamina cost associated with them. We will also be adjusting the unlimited stamina abilities of both Rey (Insight) and Darth Vader (Focused Rage). These now give a 50% reduction to stamina costs.

STAMINA OVERVIEW

As part of the changes we’re adjusting the stamina values for every lightsaber wielding hero in the game. The Stamina system is broken down into six separate categories:

Melee Cost
    • This is the amount of stamina required for each swing of the lightsaber.

Blaster Deflect Cost
    • How much stamina is reduced with the deflection of each blaster shot.

Melee Deflect Cost
    • The amount of stamina, per lightsaber hit that is reduced.

Regen Delay
    • How many seconds before stamina regeneration begins to occur.

Regen Speed
    • The speed in which stamina regenerates.

Deflect Spread
    • The angle in which lightsaber heroes can deflect blaster fire.

Overview
    Stamina is reduced when:

Defending
    • A hero blocks a lightsaber attack with their own lightsaber
    • A hero blocks blaster fire with their lightsaber

When a hero is out of stamina:

Attacking
    • A hero can no longer attack if they have no stamina, they must wait for it to recharge

Blocking
    • A hero can no longer block efficiently. Any hero that gets hit by an attack that brings their stamina to 0 receives full damage and is caused to stagger

HERO STAMINA BREAKDOWN

q1aragk604n2.png

Luke Skywalker
    • Melee Attacks: 10
    • Blaster Deflect Amount: 25
    • Melee Deflect Amount: 10
    • Regen Delay (sec): 1
    • Regen Speed (sec from empty): 3
    • Deflect Spread (angle multiplier): 0.45

Darth Vader
    • Melee Attacks: 8
    • Blaster Deflect Amount: 46
    • Melee Deflect Amount: 14
    • Regen Delay (sec): 3
    • Deflect Spread (angle multiplier): 0.2

Yoda
    • Melee Attacks: 12
    • Regen Speed (sec from empty): 2.10
    • Deflect Spread (angle multiplier): 0

Kylo Ren
    • Melee Attacks: 14
    • Regen Delay (sec): 2

General Grievous
    • Blaster Deflect Amount: 5
    • Deflect Spread (angle multiplier): 20

Darth Maul
    • Blaster Deflect Amount: 18

Rey
    • Regen Speed (sec from empty): 1.65

Obi-Wan Kenobi
    • Melee Deflect Amount: 25
    • Deflect Spread (angle multiplier): 0.2

Anakin Skywalker
    • Blaster Deflect Amount: 31
    • Regen Speed (sec from empty): 1.65
    • Deflect Spread (angle multiplier): 0.3

Count Dooku
    • Deflect Spread (angle multiplier): 045

LIGHTSABER OVERVIEW

Each lightsaber hero also has their own set of values and these can be broken down as per the below.

72grug4t87cs.png

Anakin Skywalker
    • Base damage: 140
    • Max damage: 165
    • From behind: 40
    • Max from behind: 40

Luke Skywalker
    • Base damage: 120
    • Max damage: 120
    • From behind: 30
    • Max from behind: 30

Obi-Wan Kenobi
    • Base damage: 130
    • Max damage: 130
    • From behind: 20
    • Max from behind: 20

Rey
    • Max damage: 130
    • From behind: 20
    • Max from behind: 20

Yoda
    • Base damage: 125
    • Max damage: 139
    • From behind: 25
    • Max from behind: 25

Darth Vader
    • Max damage: 145

Darth Maul
    • Max damage: 120

Count Dooku
    • Max damage: 175
    • Max from behind: 55

Kylo Ren
    • Base damage: 125
    • Max damage: 145
    • From behind: 40
    • Max from behind: 40

General Grievous
    • Max damage: 160

The next update comes out tomorrow, on March 26th. Alongside these lightsaber combat changes it will also bring two brand new Reinforcements, the ARC Trooper and the BX Commando Droid. The long-awaited Capital Supremacy game mode will also be releasing within the same update.

Rant: Soooooooo basically from what I have seen so far from this hero/ villain stamina update, this is what occurs.

You bun kick for like seven seconds with your lightsaber, slicing through troops and then your stamina disappears and your unable to raise your lightsaber to block and you get gunned down like Aayla Secura in Order 66.

Wow...hmmmmmm okay, what is everyone excited about, am I missing something?

And strategy what? By the time I realize my stamina dropped...its to late, you end up running away like a coward. Imagine that...Darth Vader running away, this systems stimina drain is way to fast.

Just what are we supposed to do in Gallactic Assault when we enter a room with 12 people? As I recall I did NOT see Darth Vader's stamina drain in the hallway, in Rogue One the film. That hallway was crawling with Rebel troopers and they were ALL shooting at him.

I disagree with the whole idea of this and it takes waaaaaaaay more then seven swings of a sword to get tired by the way (unless the sword Ways like 200lb of course, lol), I should know, I took actual sword classes at my College.

Rave: I agree with the removal of stun when blocking, thank you for that, it was much needed.
    Post edited by Starmasui73146 on
    “There is always hope.”
  • I can not believe it. It is order 66 in Galatic Assualt. A Palpatine literally cam by me when I was playing as Anakin, and I started slicing at him and my stamina runs out. No big deal? Wrong. Out of literally no where 5 stormtroopers come and blasted me to death while I was waiting for the stamina to recharge.
    “The force is with me and I am one with the force. I fear nothing because everything is as the Force wills it to be.” -Chirrut Imwe
  • this does work if your opponent is focused in 1vs 1 engagement otherwise they will just block until they get help. stamina doesn't drain for holding block. i like the direction they are going but i wish they had done more and part of me liked the idea of losing stamina while holding block because it made player chose between keeping your defense up or saving stamina (in other word there are more openings during fights)

And you do what? Standing still while his teammates making steak of you? If you see he's not into 1v1, and his backup is coming - then retreat, regroup and use other strategy.
    You contradict yourself. If stamina drains while holding block (if you not mean blocking hits exactly, not HOLDING), some wild-appeared-from-nowhere-buba-fats-backup of your opponent will spam you out in a second. "keeping your defense up or saving stamina" it's only two ways gameplay. More opennings during fights would be if blocking would use separate focus instead of using attacking stamina.
  • And is it also time to bring back the stamina star card for maul? lol
  • Iceninja wrote: »
    I can not believe it. It is order 66 in Galatic Assualt. A Palpatine literally cam by me when I was playing as Anakin, and I started slicing at him and my stamina runs out. No big deal? Wrong. Out of literally no where 5 stormtroopers come and blasted me to death while I was waiting for the stamina to recharge.

Uhm. .. okay
    Make Maul great again.
  • FantasyMan wrote: »
    this does work if your opponent is focused in 1vs 1 engagement otherwise they will just block until they get help. stamina doesn't drain for holding block. i like the direction they are going but i wish they had done more and part of me liked the idea of losing stamina while holding block because it made player chose between keeping your defense up or saving stamina (in other word there are more openings during fights)

And you do what? Standing still while his teammates making steak of you? If you see he's not into 1v1, and his backup is coming - then retreat, regroup and use other strategy.
    You contradict yourself. If stamina drains while holding block (if you not mean blocking hits exactly, not HOLDING), some wild-appeared-from-nowhere-buba-fats-backup of your opponent will spam you out in a second. "keeping your defense up or saving stamina" it's only two ways gameplay. More opennings during fights would be if blocking would use separate focus instead of using attacking stamina.

i usually fight but while im trying to create an opening i usually get a sneaky blaster shooting me. also if you are the target, you won't get away specially if there are veteran players in the mix.
    the old system the fights were shorter because your stamina would drain regardless, it would emphasize 1vs1 or run . i like the new system idea but encourages 2vs1 instead of 1vs1 cause regardless of attacking or defending your stamina is going to drain but if you just hold block and dodge, you'll last longer. (wait for help)
    i like to have fun and i hate bad sportsmanship. if i play as the Fett i don't hide where no one can get me even if i lose. i understand that tactics and sometimes games allows you to do things that may give you an edge but i like to have those close matches that really get you going.
    im not saying the current system is bad but it doesn't allow for close matches with a proper fighting, its still i hit you hit mechanic but with groups (i wish they had done more then just add stats)
  • I have found in the many games playing in HvV, the main game mode for myself that the new Stamina system is highly flawed.

The reason I say this is for the reason that now you cannot block or fight against blasters if they use their spacing right. Especially characters like Phasma (with stun-droid), Iden Versio and Lando with their stuns are a big problem.

Alongside the blasters now Palpatine is also a big problem, again due to the new stamina update. The reason why Palpatine is a problem is 2 fold. If you attack him and he keeps dodging you run out of stamina and are unable to block. If you keep blocking and trying to get closer you wil run out of stamina and are unable to attack.

I wished they would do stamina for attack and defense separate. I believe this was implemented before if not mistaken. Also I liked the ring in the middle better than how it is now. At the bottom, where you have to look away from what you are doing to check it in a way. It's not impossible to keep track of it, but it's a bit more difficult imo then when it was in the middle with the circle system.

Also there is a really big difference between stamina from one character to another, Grievous for example has become somewhat unplayable due to his lack of stamina. Yes he still can be alright if you are a great Grievous player, but he can block almost nothing and if you use the damage increasing Star card you are pretty much hampering your options of attack, due to his already really lacking stamina pool.

Also what others already have noted I believe, is that now it's more of a gang-up style of game. You cannot win vs 2 player when you are alone. Wel not against skilled players at least. I have won many games vs multiple opponents, but if they throw in a Palp or blaster in the mix I can honestly say it becomes almost impossible with the current system.

I like that they did something about the stagger, cause that was just horrid imo. But I don't think they really improved the system as a whole.

My personal opinion of course. People don't have to agree, but I have played HvV quite extensively over the previous few days to come to these conclusions. Also I would like to note that I do not claim to be the best player or the best Saber user. I have won many games vs multiple opponents though.. Kylo main and Anakin/Luke.. ^^
  • This is so carefully beta tested I lack words! Lightsabre fighting is now about: Click left mouse button. Click again. Repeat. So immersive and takes great skill! Together with Anakin you have completely ruined the game in just 2 patches. Great job Dice!

Btw the new game mode is really boring and I stopped playing after a few rounds. You need beta testers BADLY.
  • xmasterful
    619 posts Member
    edited March 30
    Vader the king of lightsaber heroes/villians has been nerfed significantly with this update. Before the update I would top Anakin consistently with Vader in overall score and in 1v1 duels. Now just look at the numbers on the graphic in the OP. He has the worst stamina regen and melee attacking stamina all while having half the melee blocking of obiwan. I'd like to see his stamina for melee attacks and blocking melee attacks increased to be on par with Obi-Wan. I think this is fair.

Also, Maul needs a block if he has stamina. Otherwise he's nothing but a fly in 1 v 1 duels buzzing around until eventually swatted aside by a lightsaber hero.
    cucjqd5p8g4i.gif
    Remember the most powerful walk the line between rage and serenity.
  • Many thanks guy, Stagger change improvement makes lightsaber fights now really great and amazing !

Previous rules had for consequences to break the rythm of the fights, but now we really feel like in Sith Revenge when Anakin charges Obi wan!

Contrats and thank you again for the great work !
  • Maul really needs that block. He is demolished by any light side hero, especially Anakin. He stands no chance against him.

• Sam3S
    32 posts Member
    Maul and Yoda are both getting a block it seems. PALPATINE should get a block with lightsaber as well! No need to get him to attack, just have him ignite his lightsaber real quick for parrying and then switch back to lightning attacks. Think about it, it makes sense
  • I thought heroes are supposed to be able to defend themselves? Not being able to block right after being tossed to the ground or anything seems quite dumb, especially with the amount of crowd control abilities in the game now. First let's get pushed by Luke then have Anakin pull you in, use Heroic Might and Passionate Strike, after that Obi-Wan and Yoda come in with their push next, or we got Han and Chewie's moves too. All while I still can't block not even 1 of those because I'm "apparently" too busy laying on the ground. Might as well say I'm being one shotted the whole time, but not by Anakin (since that was fixed), but now by the entire team. Getting hit by 1 power pretty much means automatic death and it's ruining the entire experience for me
  • @ Same3S, no Palpatine definitely doesn't need a saber block added, he is already way to powerful with the new stamina added.. Unless you play someone like Obi-wan who can block really long you're gonna run out of stamina really quick and be dead in the water against a good Palpatine player that keeps hitting you with his lightning while dodging away just far enough so you cannot hit him.... Adding block wil make him even more powerfull and in my experience he is already one of the most powerful characters...

---

I agree on what everyone is saying about the ability spamm and I do think Maul even without block is still alright, unless you get into the ability spamm moments.. Which happen sometimes, but other times Maul can do wel/good.. Though I agree that he could use a block.. Even if it's a minor block (3 saber strikes, abilities, or something like that).. Just to be able to stop the ability spamm...

They should nerf Anakin, make his 'unblock able' not throw you to the ground, this is mostly what makes him almost impossible to beat when you are close to him.. He can just go one ability into the next and spamm you to death before you can do anything... I have found Kylo to be a great counter for the most part... ^^

Vader definitely feels quite weak right now, same with Grievous, having low stamina is a death sentence right now...

They should increase the stamina a bit for those I think (at least for attacking).. Also not being able to block while thrown to the ground is silly, I get why they added it.. To stop from those that keep blocking everything, but now it's the other way around that you get ability spammed unable to get up...

In all honesty it hasn't happened to me all that much, I tend to block abilities (playing Kylo), but I can definitely see and understand the frustration when you are not a character that can block (Bossk, Han, Maul, etc..)
  • KNIGHTDUDE wrote: »
    The new.CT mode is great and I really enjoy it but a major issue is just how bad one character is. Anikan is overpowered that’s okay but what isn’t fine is that the villains have no counter hero to anikan. Anikan needs not exactly a nerf but a reduction in his range of attack and increased time to recharge his ability’s because in CT defending or capturing a point he can just run in spam his ability’s OKO all of us an run away. I’ve seen this happen and had it happen to me and in the few games I’ve played not CT related it’s the same story. Now I’m open to suggestions but people saying he is not bad and is fine as is are players who haven’t had this happen to them enough. So EA Either do something about anikans recharge rate and range of attacks or nerf anikan entirely.

*Anakin
  • Jukebox wrote: »
    Last time the block stager was removed it ruined HVV , so it was put back , now it’s removed again to ruin the game play again? In the notes it’s says it was removed to stop people from being able to run up and constantly attack blindly and over powering the opponent with a barrage of attacks ... THE STAGER WAS WHAT STOPPED THAT!.. and the only thing that stopped that !! A good stager is essential to lightsaber combat , once the unstagrgared attacking starts the block no longer works ( as before when removed) leavening you completely defenseless, not to mention there is no stamina bar or health bar to give an indication of when your almost out ( this is also essential) and blocking and attacking Stan aims are not matched , you just stack until oponient is out of stanaima and keep stacking because you are not out of stack stamina ( really devs ?) and now a lot of force abilities don’t work either , you got a big mess going on in HVV from new update , all I play is HVV and star fighter and I play about 4 hrs a day 7 days a week ( I’m a looser :) ) but with no additional content for star fighter and the mess going on in HVV I will be putting this game on the shelf untill lightsaber combat is returned to its former glory ( and yes snaking is still extremely over powered , he should be no more powerful than Vader ( considering Vader is the more powerful form of Vader )

I don't understand any of this, they won't re-add the stagger because that will mean removing flow in lightsaber battle, follow the stream and adapt the new combat, and stop complaining. Always adapt the game ;)
  • LeviRaiko wrote: »
    Great new mode keep up.
    :)

I support the stamina for ATK and Focus to block/deflect, could be great.
    Now that the attacker does not stagger after being blocked u can't run from the attackers, they can constantly attack U until the stamina runs out, and even if they deplete their stamina u won't be able to attack cause u didnt wanted to die fast and blocked all u could, thats why i support the Focus for blockin/ deflectin idea.
    Maul really should block he is an skillful sith, or he "Beated" Qui-Gon just with spin attack? :|
    Vader issue: if u jump and hold the attack Button/key he loses 1/3 of the entire stamina bar :s , we all use it for the extra impulse, but its ridiculous to lose that much. Don't know if the other H or V have the same issue.
    About Vader, the helmet should grant Night visión, and infrared, Ive done my homework pls check this out :)
    Anakin Retaliate should DMG 300, no animation skill,
    Or 400 with animation. And a Lil bit less radius. He is not OP! Retaliate is.

Also what about HvV kashyyyk reworked, inside the tree there are "holes" if u fall u die, but theres floor! And if u are a force hero u should get out just by jumping, think about it.

Whatever happened to Jyn Erso, RIP.

PD: i miss so much k-16 bryar, great blaster. And pls don't kill the game just like the director of the new movies.

So if he has night vision and that stuff, how did he not see Luke Skywalker? "You cannot hide forever".
  • I thought heroes are supposed to be able to defend themselves? Not being able to block right after being tossed to the ground or anything seems quite dumb, especially with the amount of crowd control abilities in the game now. First let's get pushed by Luke then have Anakin pull you in, use Heroic Might and Passionate Strike, after that Obi-Wan and Yoda come in with their push next, or we got Han and Chewie's moves too. All while I still can't block not even 1 of those because I'm "apparently" too busy laying on the ground. Might as well say I'm being one shotted the whole time, but not by Anakin (since that was fixed), but now by the entire team. Getting hit by 1 power pretty much means automatic death and it's ruining the entire experience for me

Team work 101
  • I'm assuming I'm still part of the test. Cuz it does not matter who I take in HvV. I still can't block.
  • Unwarycoin
    6690 posts Member
    I do not like the changes to stanima, but I haven’t been able to test it yet.
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • This one is a nice one. Great work devs! Feels so much more relaxed and natural right now.

And that awful block spamming 1 vs 4 has almost completely disappeared. When your group meet a Vader or a Dooku and they are alone they are easily beaten. As it should be.
  • I like the lightsaber combat changes, it's more free flowing. But here is my question in regards to standard troopers. Why haven't there been any new weapons added yet? I mean, The current guns are fun and all, but there are only 4 weapons per class, and the current guns are crazy hard to get, along with the attachments. Will there be any new weapons in the near future and will the requirements to earn the guns and attachments be easier to earn?
  • Seriously maul has stamina worst idea ever cause he can’t even black let alone having a good attack y would u do that it doesn’ even help when he didn’t have stamina
  • TM11
    16 posts Member
    I'm glad that the stagger was removed but please bring back the original stamina figures. The stamina running out too fast has significantly ruined gameplay and makes it nearly impossible to defend against multiple enemies in HvV. As a suggestion you could also implement separate stamina for attacking and blocking.
  • Is anyone else getting tired of the one map for Capital Supremacy......Hmmm, maybe its just me.
    I'm sure everyone one else loves playing the same map....again.... and again.... and again.... and again... and again........
    "By Azura, by Azura, by Azura! It's the Grand Champion! I can't believe it's you! Standing here! Next to me!"
This discussion has been closed.