criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar
Triple XP Event

Community Transmission - Capital Supremacy Update

Replies

1. How else does one join a capital supremacy game besides the prompt on the home screen? I can't see it under the multiplayer options.
    2. I thought the Infiltrators were going to be available in GA as well, but I don't see them as options.

I'm playing on Xbone.
  • RC2074
    135 posts Member
    you people who creates these games.. you are experts in P O people. Is it so hard to do things right! You just had to remove the Phase 1 Clone trooper plain white shiny.. How about you return that Clone Trooper typer and then instead removed the garbage Sequel material instead.. make room for real STAR WARS.?!
  • harmless2_7567
    57 posts Member
    edited March 27
    1. How else does one join a capital supremacy game besides the prompt on the home screen? I can't see it under the multiplayer options.
    2. I thought the Infiltrators were going to be available in GA as well, but I don't see them as options.

I'm playing on Xbone.

I do not think there is any other way to join CS yet.

I have not noticed, but I will check next time I play GA.

I play on PC.
    “I find that answer vague and unconvincing.” – K-2SO
    "In my book, experience outranks everything." - Captain Rex
  • grimmace2
    1273 posts Member

I'm playing on Xbone.

I believe Infiltrators are only available on PT maps. I played with them on GA last night, Kamino, Theed, Kashyyyk, all PT maps.
  • How about fixing the 209 error and the already full game matching? PS4 You'll are saying it isn't common your smoking something good......
  • GrayOne
    415 posts Member
    wzwjj6oadtcd.gif
    I hate you devs
  • Great update. Loving capital supremacy, ark trooper and commando droid. Not too happy about the stamina depletion not letting you swing, but let's see how it evolves.
  • SteveyJoe
    10 posts Member
    edited March 27
    The BX Commando Droid’s combat roll should be a flip/somersault instead of a standing rush (really lame and unfitting) and should make that cool robotic twirling noise like is always shown in the tv series (this is literally ALWAYS what they do and sound like in the show so why should they not do this in the game as well?).

Also, I think the ARC Trooper’s melee should be a slightly slower but powerful kick that throws the opponent to the ground. It makes more sense than whacking them with pistols. If your hands are both full holding pistols then use your legs ya know, plus we actually see clones doing kicks in the show and Clone Wars movie. Oh and more ARC appearances are a must!

Besides these concerns I really love the new reinforcements. Awesome addition EA! But ya know, players are never gonna stop asking for Droidekas so you need to add them eventually...just sayin’.
    1a7swmb480vd.gif
    Post edited by SteveyJoe on
  • Nice to see the new game mode is already broken....have tried perhaps a dozen times to start a game, but nothing. Then everyone quits, tries again, and still it doesn't load. Gotta love patches that end up making things worse.
  • TheRickestRic
    4 posts Member
    edited March 27
    I am concerned with the balance between blasters and sabers now.

You guys have done great work at keeping them balanced before, but now with the added damage with light sabers, i think Blaster Heroes are going to have even more disadvantage in one on one fights than they did before. Don't you think the Blaster Heroes will need a buff to maintain the balance now that all light saber heroes do 120 or more damage? Some players exclusively play as blaster heroes.
  • JonJon97 wrote: »
    The new game mode needs better credit pay out ill place first or second on a 45 minute game and only get 5-600 credits which is about how much you get for a 15 minute hvv match

The highest I seen it 770 credits. I don't know if it gets any higher.
    pija5nbcgaah.jpg
    "This is a mission of peace. I put my faith in diplomacy. We can't solve all of our problems by throwing troops at them."
    -Padmé Amidala
  • After having to adopt to this game mode seems to be very good also complementary to GA. Awesome job.

Graphics are AWESOME. The ships interiors look fantastic with a lot details and the levels seem to be balanced for attackers / defenders very well. Also awesome.

The Commando Droids just look so fantastic. Congrats. When you nerf Anakin and increase the commando droids weapon a little (should be stronger than the EL16HFE) and watch the ARC Troopers (not sure if they arent too powereful) than balancing is in very good shape then.

Sol THANK YOU for this game mode and additional troops.
  • grimmace2 wrote: »

I believe Infiltrators are only available on PT maps. I played with them on GA last night, Kamino, Theed, Kashyyyk, all PT maps.

That just makes too much sense. Thank you. B)

• I like the commando droid E5 but it does need a little more power. It's powerful when it's rader scanner is active. I wonder if I need more health active time.
    pija5nbcgaah.jpg
    "This is a mission of peace. I put my faith in diplomacy. We can't solve all of our problems by throwing troops at them."
    -Padmé Amidala
  • I am concerned with the balance between blasters and sabers now.

You guys have done great work at keeping them balanced before, but now with the added damage with light sabers, i think Blaster Heroes are going to have even more disadvantage in one on one fights than they did before. Don't you think the Blaster Heroes will need a buff to maintain the balance now that all light saber heroes do 120 or more damage? Some players exclusively play as blaster heroes.

Didn't feel any disadvantages. Lando stunned and killed in a second with his blaster, couldn't even approach him. Had duel, wild Han Solo appears and shots me from far i even didn't see it. Spamming-flying-cockroach-buba-fat still burns ***** every time. Phasma - stunpewstunpewstunpestunpew, Lea/Iden make sweat with their rolls. If i play stupid, doesn't matter am i swordman or pew-pew-pew guy. Either other way around.
  • This "Count Dooku, Exquisite Pajamas" is just plain silly. This is taking any credibility with serious combat and appearances into a joke. I know there are many multiplayer games that accentuate silly looks and mis-matched customized outfits; I didn't think you would actually go there.

It's odd that you go there, but there are so many common actual movie skins you could make available for other characters like Luke alone.

I'm glad the issue with Luke's cards disappearing has been addressed. It wasn't a hot issue, but it's been going on since launch.
  • This "Count Dooku, Exquisite Pajamas" is just plain silly. This is taking any credibility with serious combat and appearances into a joke. I know there are many multiplayer games that accentuate silly looks and mis-matched customized outfits; I didn't think you would actually go there.

It's odd that you go there, but there are so many common actual movie skins you could make available for other characters like Luke alone.

I'm glad the issue with Luke's cards disappearing has been addressed. It wasn't a hot issue, but it's been going on since launch.

Yeah, i'd love to have Luke' skin from tatooine!
  • CAPITAL SUPREMACY = A broken mode on a pathetic 1 map.
  • KOCMOC
    34 posts Member
    edited March 28
    concerning this update... I want to ask developers, why we should run somewhere, capture points just to to board transport ships that will take us to the capital ship? why we can't board transport ships right after the game starts? where is the logic? Do you guys have a piece of mind?

it could be a great game mode with space/air combat in the beginning and if it succeeds drop off on enemy capital ship
    lasers were red - not blue !!!
  • TX_88
    26 posts Member
    edited March 28
    Why are my Commando Droids given faulty blasters? The BX Commando Droid was given a modified E-5 Blaster that could shoot really fast like a machine gun that is the real reason why it has a unique sound compared to the standard E-5 Blaster. Don't believe me I have evidence from the clone wars animated series in a gif from the show.
    https://media0.giphy.com/media/3o84sqtLmhMFphXj9K/giphy.gif
    c3sj5wso6uzi.png
    Also they had a portable shield they could shoot through.
    fy1q5tg3g0bv.png
  • Still crashing, loads again and it freezes! I tried again after I was told it was the AI which is now gone but same problems persist. How the hell is something that was talked about a year ago and is now released in the mess that it is and only on one measly map?
  • 7 PM on east coast US. Maybe get in to CS 1 in 4 times. Keep trying.
  • Its been three days and I still have not been able to join a capital supremacy match. I heard it was from getting "hung up" in the system? Is this a large issue? I would like to play...Ever.:(
  • Foxdie491
    1473 posts Member
    So when is Capital Supremacy coming to Arcade?
  • Its been three days and I still have not been able to join a capital supremacy match. I heard it was from getting "hung up" in the system? Is this a large issue? I would like to play...Ever.:(

Nad today starts double xp in capital supremacy. 2 x 0 exp = over9000 - quick math
  • Love it.
    But since i installed this update
    My ***** games freezes and crashed every 15 minutss.
    I cant finish a ***** gamd because of this
  • Can hardly play the game mode.. Also so far the few times I have played where not that fun... Either it felt really empty running from one location to another, seeing only teammates but no enemies... Or I run around the corner to get Anakin ***** or sniped from distance or shotgun to the faced.. Maybe just unlucky idk... :persevere:

When on the ship I have literal no clue where to go and do what, cause it finishes so fast when I play it that I cannot even get the information to improve.. Also losing your character in the transition from ground to ship is stupid.. Had an Arc Trooper (coulda been worse if I had a hero), go to the ship and I couldn't get it... :( Guess I just suck at this game mode though.. :disappointed:

Also the new Stamina makes blasters to powerful vs Sabers... I mean, most saber users feel super weak vs blasters that just insta-snipe/blast you from distance and/or stun and headshot you dead before you can do mostly anything... If you do manage to get close you hit them a few times while they roleypole away and now you ran out of stamina and die cause you cannot block...

I know you have to time your attacks and all that, but this update really makes blasters feel hard to beat.. Also mentioned this to some extent in the other thread about Lightsaber combat...

Another annoyance is the cannot block from the ground, I know this has upside as wel.. But now Anakin can just use his unblockable-attack and hit you with his other 2 abilities and kill you before you can even do anything... (doesn't have to be that order..)

Happy to hear that Han's shoulder charge got fixed btw, also the Luke fix is great.. Was having that issue ALOT and it's really annoying when you wanna play Luke and have to equip his cards every game you wanna play him...
  • when are you going to add the offline mode you said was happening a few months ago?
  • So the new update is still fail to me because i don't think one map on new mode and lightsaber combat fix is worth the time why because even that lighsaber combat is better ***** runners are making the game absurdly broken and awful at time blocking while on the ground gone, 90% of the time pressing buttons does not much abilities don't activate on time and block sometimes does not work at, Arcade has not seen update in so many months no new modes to it, no new gameplay, ***** leveling system is still ***** getting credits from HVV is in typical EA fashion pure grind... I see new players struggle a lot because of how badly this game is handled lately, And how the dev team keeps ignoring important issues and makes some small updates every 30 days only to look like they did something.. Sorry Dice but i feel like you don't do enough for Battlefront 2 players and only make the game worse overall when updating to fix one thing but not problems as old as the game itself..
  • BTL-A4_Ace
    736 posts Member
    edited March 31
    F8RGE wrote: »
    35zudrmgjvu3.png
    ARCADE CHANGES
    • Fixed an issue where the Separatist Droid animations would occasionally break when crouching on Geonosis

I'm really glad to see this issue was fixed, but AI Separatist Droid animations still break and fold into the ground at the end of the match on all maps in Arcade.

There are quite a few other issues that need to be addressed, too.
    • The Enforcer Class Special Unit is still not playable on Geonosis in Arcade.
    • Abilities do not affect AI characters the same way as player characters.
    • Starfighter/Hero Ship cockpits still disappear when opening the pause menu or the view abilities screens in Arcade and Campaign (Poe's T-70 X-wing and Maul's Scimitar disappear completely until they respawn).
    • Appearance selection is still not available in Arcade.
    • Many of the turrets still don't function, cannot be tagged or do not explode when destroyed in Starfighter Team Battle and Starfighter Onslaught, and some do not get the targeted HUD display when tagged in Starfighter Team Battle, Starfighter Onslaught, and Starfighter Assault.
    • AI Troopers will walk through walls and other objects in Arcade.
    • Republic Trooper Star Card artwork and Multiplayer NPCs still need to be updated to reflect their new default Appearance changes.
    • Campaign Star Card UI still needs to be updated with the Star Card UI improvements made to the rest of the game.
    • Blaster wielding Heroes cannot combat roll in Campaign, and cannot crouch in Multiplayer and Arcade.
    • The landed RZ-1 A-wings in Main Story Mission 2: The Dauntless are missing their landing skids.
    • The Sandtrooper should be replaced with Magma Troopers in Main Story Mission 9: Cache Grab.
    • The Rocket Troopers in the Main Story should be updated to match their visual model in Multiplayer/Arcade.
    • The BTL-A4 Y-wing's "Defeated by" diagram pic is still missing it's ion cannon.
    • The BTL-B Y-wing's visual model needs to be corrected - a couple structural details (on ventral side of fuselage & inner portion of both engines) as well as it's overall fuselage proportions are inaccurate.
    • The pilot visual models for the RZ-1 A-wing, Alpha-3 Nimbus-class V-wing, LAAT/i and LAAT/c need to be corrected with their proper respective pilots.
    • RZ-1 A-wing still has the wrong laser cannon and engine SFX.
    • First Order Stormtroopers in the Galactic Assault - Crait: Abandoned Rebel Outpost's ending cutscene still need to be corrected with First Order Snowtroopers.
    • Certain Multiplayer map functions still do not work in their Arcade versions (cannot operate the bridge on Death Star II; cannot manually close turbo lift doors on Bespin; cannot activate hologram on Tatooine - Mos Eisly; cannot operate hangar door on Endor; etc.).
    • The large blast door in the corridor connecting the two hangars on Death Star II in Arcade clips the wall when it opens.
    • Many Trade Federation vehicles need to have their visual models (and all appropriate Star Card artwork) updated with their correct Separatist paint schemes (Lucrehulk-class Battleship, Vulture Droid, AAT, MTT, STAP, etc.).
    • T-47 Airspeeder is missing the rear Rebel tow cable gunner.
    • The AT-AT's Orbital Strike Ability has the wrong laser bolt colors - on Endor: Research Station 9 it should be red and on Hoth: Outpost Delta it should be green.
    F8RGE wrote: »
    GENERAL CHANGES/MISC
    • Fixed an issue where some heroes would be performing their Frontend menu animation when being selected on the spawn screen.

I don't understand this change. I mean... why? The spawn screen Hero select animations were one of the really nice touches to the game. I loved 'em. I was really upset when they disappeared after one of the updates late last year, but I figured their removal was not intentional and they'd eventually be re-implemented because (even now) all of the Trooper and Special Unit classes still performed their selection animations at the spawn screen.

Another nice touch that was inexplicably removed was the pause screen's out-of-focus effect (the same effect that happens when opening the view abilities screen; this disappeared from BFII about the same time the Hero select animations did).

PLEASE re-implement the spawn screen Hero select animations and the pause menu's out-of-focus effect.

@F8RGE @EA_Charlemagne
    Post edited by BTL-A4_Ace on
    "All wings report in."
  • Yoda getting a Buff was well overdue as he is literally the Grandmaster of all Jedi so having now essentially a one hit kill on standard troopers as appose to a 2 or a 3 hit kill before will be welcomed by me

Not a fan of Darth Maul getting a nerf but you cant have everything

Yeah, I was going to ask about those... Dooku wearing sleepwear was a very odd addition given there's so many other iconic hero appearances that could have been added...
    EA/DICE still owe me 83 crafting part crates, with interest...
  • Capital Supremacy has potential, but every game I played either disconnected, or froze in blackscreen midway through?

And what's with that big old hover tank that keeps getting stuck on small ridges?
    EA/DICE still owe me 83 crafting part crates, with interest...
  • Has the amount of BP gained during Capital Supremacy been reduced? I seem to be acquiring a lot less for the same things. If it has been - why? For such a long game mode (not complaining), the quick acquisition of BP kept it fast paced. Allowed you to jump right back into the action with special units and, if they were taken, you'd at least know you had plenty for the next time.
  • This game is still broken. So broken. I've been playing since Dec 2017. Never got the duplicate credits before the progression update. Couldn't use block before the changes to saber combat. Now. Still can't block. Can't do powers. And can't deal damage at all.
  • Hi all, maybe I‘m stupid, at least at finding the proper answer to:

Can I still play Galactic Assault? And if yes-how??? Only CS shows on the start screen...or the very reduced combats on various maps...
  • Relikk
    239 posts Member
    Can I still play Galactic Assault?

Certainly. Go to the menu bar at the top of the main menu, select Play > Multiplayer > Assault > Galactic Assault.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    du2UASv.gif
  • @Relikk: Thank you so much! *bangheadtowallsmiley*
  • IdiotAlien wrote: »
    Dookus pajamas are dumb as hell and i wont buy them. Give us some better skins for Original Trilogy characters, ****

Agreed. Dooku in his PJ's? Lmao that is so rediculous, especially for a development team that can't manage more than one map for a new game mode that's been in the works for 9 months.

Developers... Focus on your priorities!!!!! Lol

Whatever though. They drip feed us enough content to be cool for 2 days, once a month. Probably won't change. I play BF2 for what it is, when I'm bored. Game is still pretty good, to be fair, but the only Star Wars content I'm actually waiting for is the new game in November.
  • Just played my first couple rounds of Capital Supremacy - it's awesome! Can't wait for new maps.

PS Love Dooku's exquisitely silk woven luxury PJs (with monogram) :D
  • enjoy the new Capital Supremacy, thank you
  • I like the content we get
    and those who complain about heroes, just use your brain get a strat that counters the opponent and ur all set, stop whining so much <3
    We FIGHT, we WIN. We win by playing the objective, work as a team and don't bring each other downepmn6s0el1v2.png
  • Love this mode so much fun do u think we will get mygeeto or some really cool other maps
  • How about when (in arcade mode) droids won’t be force-pulled by pull dominance.
  • Cnvs
    15 posts Member
    @EA_Charlemagne Anakin is crazy OP
  • Golfcaan wrote: »
    Will ARC troopers also have their phase 1 helmets available?

they already have them you have to play certain maps
  • we need in game voice chat
  • Ea_Charlemagne i have some ideas for Battlefron ll.
    1. You can shoot and block with lightsaber while sprinting.
    2. You can choose morw enemy's or friends in Arcade (10-40)
    3. Make a Capital Supremacy'ish gamemode for Arcade :smile:
  • Finally got a few more games going from this. It was actually a bit more fun after playing a few more games.

I would add there is still this problem, when going from Geonosis to the ship you don't keep your hero or trooper that you have 'bought' while on Geo. This problem is especially annoying when you got your hero near the end on Geo.

Also I feel the games can take a bit to long, I have had a few games that laster 2+ hours. We kept going up, only to have either side fail to accomplish anything. Going back to Geo again to recapture everything again, etc. I think there should be a limit added maybe. If a team accomplishes to get to go to the ship 3 times they are the winner or something. Idk, maybe give a draw if it takes more than 5 tries total between both teams..

Idk, just thinking there should be added a limit. It's a bit ridiculous that you join a game and it takes a few hours to finish. Don't always have 2+ hours to spare and I do like this mode more than GA overall personally. Shame also it's only 1 map, but there wil be more added over time so won't say much about that for now.. ^^
  • MBSONIC
    393 posts Member
    I’m very happy that Kashyyk is being added. Seriously Dice. I already knew that map would be perfect for this mode. Thank you so much. It’d be cool if air vehicles were included in the map.
    “Your overconfidence is your weakness.” - Luke Skywalker
This discussion has been closed.