criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Can you delete new trilogy maps?

Prev1
Can you delete new trilogy maps from content of Star Wars Battlefront? Jakku, takodana crait and all low maps with funny heroes like fin, pghasma and other

Replies

• Chico
    333 posts Member
    Great idea ;). Let's remove some of the little content we have compared to other games. Meaning we would have to play the terribly balanced Geonosis, Kashyyyk and Kamino maps even more. And Crait is one of the best maps IMO.
  • I'm sure there will be plenty of events going forward that will get rid of maps, that will have to suffice.

That said, Crait is one of my favorite maps and Jakku is even growing on me after having to play the ridiculous events that eliminated maps in February.
  • I hate this idea.

#JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • Have you gone mad?
  • SWymsa
    823 posts Member
    Starkiller and Crait are fairly decent (Crait is knock off Hoth though no argument can be made otherwise)

Tak and Jaku are garbage so fair enough on getting rid of those maps.
  • holstar1993
    1111 posts Member
    edited March 6
    Pt burnout map wise.
  • i don't like play on that maps. polis masa was awesome. where is R1 content?
  • Trash movies but this game needs content, and they've tapped out that era until the next movie.
    Let's bring on Rogue One.

Couldn't have said it better
  • SWymsa
    823 posts Member
    Regandore wrote: »
    New Trilogy > Prequel Trilogy by far

Nicolas%20Cage%20trying%20not%20to%20laugh.gif

I agree with him. ST over PT.

IMO.

Just no.

That aside, Takodana looks like my back garden, seriously it there's nothing that says star wars about it visually.
    Always imagined that map based on Felucia, with the clones withdrawing to a last stand - saw artwork with a ring of ATTEs, circle the wagons type deal. Instead of Orange yodas castle.
  • bfloo
    14754 posts Member
    SWymsa wrote: »

IMO.

Just no.

That aside, Takodana looks like my back garden, seriously it there's nothing that says star wars about it visually.
    Always imagined that map based on Felucia, with the clones withdrawing to a last stand - saw artwork with a ring of ATTEs, circle the wagons type deal. Instead of Orange yodas castle.

Felucia is the only pt planet I want :'(
    I don't trust them to get Coruscant right
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• SWymsa wrote: »

IMO.

Just no.

What do you mean “just no”. I prefer the ST maps over the PT maps. You don’t have a say in this haha. Sometimes I’ll leave lobbies to avoid the current PT maps.

I also want to see Felucia added although at this development rate a map like that would take them years. I also want a Starkiller forest map and a Takodana map with Maz’s Castle in ruins.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • Wow. Ok starkiller base is one of my favourite maps. And crait is one of my least favourite.
  • And if they can delete these maps can they also delete ATOTC and CW from star wars history permanently. Cheers
  • Why they can't give us canon maps and planets like Coruscant, Mustafar and Polis Masa?
  • Batman20
    1708 posts Member
    Crait is one of the best maps in the game jakku is awful though I hate that map
  • AssaultPlazma
    187 posts Member
    edited March 10
    Reposting this

I the see OT blind praise is limitless. I'd love to see the reaction if the OT movies were released today. You could argue close to half of the criticism against the ST and heck even the PT for that matter could be applied to the OT. But wait what am I saying? Obviously the OT is sacred gospel and can't be criticized under any circumstance.

On Topic: I'm down for deleting Crait that map is pure cancer.
  • Why? I agree that Jakku and Takodana are terrible maps, but Crait is awesome and there's no reason to remove heroes.

Crait is one of my favorite maps. Takodana is okay for me, but not the best. I used to hate the Jakku map, but it has grown on me and I now actually enjoy playing it.
    Add more Extraction and Hunt maps please!

What the ROADMAP should look like for 2019/2020:
    “Season” 4: Rogue One
    “Season” 5: Clone Wars Revival
    “Season” 6: Episode IX
  • The_Sith_Apprentice
    2380 posts Member
    edited March 10
    Why? I agree that Jakku and Takodana are terrible maps, but Crait is awesome and there's no reason to remove heroes.

Crait is one of my favorite maps. Takodana is okay for me, but not the best. I used to hate the Jakku map, but it has grown on me and I now actually enjoy playing it.

Does anyone else also find that the ST maps are the easiest maps to get heroes very quickly using the Officer build (esepcially Takodana and Jakku)?
    Add more Extraction and Hunt maps please!

What the ROADMAP should look like for 2019/2020:
    “Season” 4: Rogue One
    “Season” 5: Clone Wars Revival
    “Season” 6: Episode IX
  • Crait maybe ok but rest new trilogy bad
  • hoth_two1 wrote: »
    Can you delete new trilogy maps from content of Star Wars Battlefront? Jakku, takodana crait and all low maps with funny heroes like fin, pghasma and other

Battlefront 2 needs more maps, not less...
  • WarfareKiller41
    6723 posts Member
    edited March 11
    They already delete maps on a regular basis
    A thousand generations live in you now, but this is your fight.
    mbetxwnmm1qiioixt6xy.gif
  • Because the one thing this game needs, is less maps. Christ
  • Lee1981
    1939 posts Member
    Trash movies but this game needs content, and they've tapped out that era until the next movie.
    Let's bring on Rogue One.
    TFA was a good movie, head and shoulders above any prequel rubbish
  • Smattonellus
    538 posts Member
    edited March 12
    masontcarr wrote: »
    Can you guys give the Sequel trilogy a break. The hate for the Sequels is getting more annoying everyday.

We got prequel hate for almost 20 years....
  • More ST Maps!!

:love:
  • DarthJ
    6330 posts Member
    Daft idea, there's hardly enough content as is. Admittedly not fussed on Jakku (still play it though), but I don't mind Takodana, whilst I like Starkiller Base and Crait.
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • ROMG4
    2440 posts Member

tenor.gif?itemid=10493922
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    The OOM-9 Thread
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76756/the-oom-9-thread-9-9-the-phantom-droid/p1
  • To each their own on ST vs. PT, but I think everyone (except OP) can agree that removing maps is not good. All OP has to do is wait for an upcoming "Event" where ST maps are removed. I'm sure one is in the works.
  • Leave the maps but replace the unitswith clones and droids and I'm fine.

Oh and go ahead and delete Rey, Phasma, Kylo and Finn, won't be missing any of those boring nobodies. Iden Versio sucks aswell but I still respect the character because I like DICE.
  • WodiQuix
    4506 posts Member
    No. It's obvious you hate the Sequal Trilogy, but many others don't. The ST has a lot of potential in terms of content.
  • bfloo
    14754 posts Member
    WodiQuix wrote: »
    No. It's obvious you hate the Sequal Trilogy, but many others don't. The ST has a lot of potential in terms of content.

Like what?

The FO has fought villagers and drunks at the bar more than the resistance.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Versatti
    1957 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »
    WodiQuix wrote: »

Like what?

The FO has fought villagers and drunks at the bar more than the resistance.

They also split their leader in two so he was twice as dangerous.
  • This is such a pointless thread. No, they won't delete maps, that's not in their best interests.