criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Focused Feedback

Am I the only one that thinks Anakin is a horrible designed Hero?

Deckard112
567 posts Member
edited March 6
He tbh kind of ruined the game for me. I’m dead serious. Anytime I see him I get remembered how fun GA & especially HvV was before him. His skill set is so unrealistically overpowered, I doubt that the Hotfix today can fix that. It’s just lazy design

“yea make him have uhhh... one big AOE Push trooper instakill ability and uhhhh... yea another choke or push or whatever tf retribution is and uhh... oh let’s give him 145 dmg (Maul has 100) per swing and 1000 health because uh.. because uhh... and lets give him an ultimate but only him and uh....”
Make Maul great again.

Replies

• CeymalRen
    1133 posts Member
    Deckard112 wrote: »
    He tbh kind of ruined the game for me. I’m dead serious. Anytime I see him I get remembered how fun GA & especially HvV was before him. His skill set is so unrealistically overpowered, I doubt that the Hotfix today can fix that. It’s just lazy design

“yea make him have uhhh... one big AOE Push trooper instakill ability and uhhhh... yea another choke or push or whatever tf retribution is and uhh... oh let’s give him 145 dmg (Maul has 100) per swing and 1000 health because uh.. because uhh... and lets give him an ultimate but only him and uh....”

I don't know if its just him. For me it's generaly the numer of Heroes on GA.
  • Raices
    1378 posts Member
    CeymalRen wrote: »

With Anakin in his current state, hero cap should be reduced to 2 honestly.
  • Raices wrote: »

This
  • Raices wrote: »

Matter of fact let the lightside have 2 & the darkside have 4. Seems balanced
  • Deckard112
    567 posts Member
    edited March 6
    I just played a round of GA, and after Anakin ragdolled the whole map around with his 3 ragdoll rage OP lazy noob abilities, I just quit. Logged out and uninstalled the ***** game.

it’s just ridiculous what the gaming industry does to such a powerful brand as Star Wars. I just can’t take it anymore. I’ll install Battlefront 2 & Movie Battlers again.

That anakin barely had 3 Cards btw but still had 30+ kills.

WHAT WERE THEY THINKING WITH THIS CHARACTER?!
    Make Maul great again.
  • DarthLando
    1419 posts Member
    DJ1 wrote: »
    Well, I don't like him in the least, but there may be a bias bc I've never liked the way he was portrayed by LucasFilm ... a self entitled, egotistical kid that always craved being the centre of attention.

And he's no different in BF2, the way he's presence has shifted the dynamic of the entire game is an indication of what a spotlight hugging smuck he really is

My favourite part of the PT was when Obi wan destroyed him

ymoy5wwm7uo4.jpeg
    PSN: DarthLando-
  • DJ1
    31 posts Member
    DarthLando wrote: »
    DJ1 wrote: »
    Well, I don't like him in the least, but there may be a bias bc I've never liked the way he was portrayed by LucasFilm ... a self entitled, egotistical kid that always craved being the centre of attention.

And he's no different in BF2, the way he's presence has shifted the dynamic of the entire game is an indication of what a spotlight hugging smuck he really is

My favourite part of the PT was when Obi wan destroyed him

ymoy5wwm7uo4.jpeg

Oh please, come on ... we're talking about a self obsessed child killer !!
  • quenaelin
    1061 posts Member
    I agree, but I blame Lucas for this. Some badly designed Star Wars characters can ruin everything. Prequels aren't my favourite Star Wars movies. Anakin was horrible designed character in first place in the movies with bad acting and everything, Anakin boy was the worse.
  • AmStraightBut50Is50
    175 posts Member
    edited March 6
    Well if it was up to me, every force-using hero would be similar to how Anakin has been designed, (OHK abilities, AOE attacks, abilities to suit every scenario, etc) i don't think his design is bad at all, in fact i think it's probably the best-designed hero they've released yet. A real powerhouse as heroes should be, i don't get what all the crying is about when heroes back in 2015 could go on 300 kill streaks.. gimme a break.

Besides, you could use the "Chosen One" card as an excuse i guess but this game is far from realistic lore-wise otherwise things would be VERY different gameplay-wise.

I agree with everything they'd done for Anakin's design EXCEPT for the fact that they don't think other heroes should have a 4th ultimate ability. One hero having that when others don't is both stupid as it is ridiculous. It's the HoK card thing all over again, some heroes had them when others didn't. They didn't learn from that apparently, probably never will.

Though it kinda says things about Dice's design choices when a younger version of Vader has a massive 360 degree AOE force choke that can one-shot heroes on low health but an older version of Vader that has MASTERED THE ART OF THE FORCE CHOKE doesn't have a 360 degree choke, can't 1-shot even a regular trooper and can only choke them for a split second. Great design choices Dice.. not.
    r07jdwtlplwd.gif
  • ROMG4
    2893 posts Member
    I just recorded some hilarious footage using him and fighting against him that may take up two videos

In the meantime tell me how this is fun for anyone?

OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    The OOM-9 Thread
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76756/the-oom-9-thread-9-9-the-phantom-droid/p1
  • you can tell none of the original devs are involved anymore
  • Well if it was up to me, every force-using hero would be similar to how Anakin has been designed, (OHK abilities, AOE attacks, abilities to suit every scenario, etc) i don't think his design is bad at all, in fact i think it's probably the best-designed hero they've released yet. A real powerhouse as heroes should be, i don't get what all the crying is about when heroes back in 2015 could go on 300 kill streaks.. gimme a break.

Besides, you could use the "Chosen One" card as an excuse i guess but this game is far from realistic lore-wise otherwise things would be VERY different gameplay-wise.

I agree with everything they'd done for Anakin's design EXCEPT for the fact that they don't think other heroes should have a 4th ultimate ability. One hero having that when others don't is both stupid as it is ridiculous. It's the HoK card thing all over again, some heroes had them when others didn't. They didn't learn from that apparently, probably never will.

Though it kinda says things about Dice's design choices when a younger version of Vader has a massive 360 degree AOE force choke that can one-shot heroes on low health but an older version of Vader that has MASTERED THE ART OF THE FORCE CHOKE doesn't have a 360 degree choke, can't 1-shot even a regular trooper and can only choke them for a split second. Great design choices Dice.. not.

All old heroes have new slots, it's clearly a future thing so they will make ultimates soon it takes time
  • Colin777
    634 posts Member
    edited March 20
    Im gonna revive this post bc i really think Anakin was so thrown together, his abilities could have been something new to add to battlfront instead they just used recycled content, They have millions of possibilities and they just used already made stuff in battlfront
  • Colin777 wrote: »
    Im gonna revive this post bc i really think Anakin was so thrown together, his abilities could have been something new to add to battlfront instead they just used recycled content, They have millions of possibilities and they just used already made stuff in battlfront

That’s exactly my thought..
    Make Maul great again.
  • I do think the character looks very rushed, lacking craft… in the menu like.
  • he is only super op
  • Arcanewarrior
    463 posts Member
    edited March 20
    You got my support OP anakin has ruined GA for me the creativity level of anakin compared to maul or yoda is dreadful. Worst part is theres no skill whatsoever involved in using his TWO 360° AOE abilities. Just jump in and hit the button and you have an instant killstreak going plus control of the objective area. GREAT!!!