criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Fast Spawn Event: Blast/Strike

Prev1
EA_Tom
290 posts EA Community Manager
edited March 6
y57u35ymu7i4.png

FAST SPAWN EVENT: BLAST/STRIKE

Start Time: March 8 - 23:01 UTC
End Time: March 11 - 05:00 UTC

Blast and Strike modes will have 1s spawn timer for the duration of this event.

Replies

• Any chance we get a Hero Blast or 1v1/4v4 Hero Showdown event next? (Then make it permanent after any fixes.)
  • Strike? People still play that

Nope, but that's where they'll focus on a limited time event... unreal. HvV is a popular mode and the players have been begging and pleading for ANYTHING fresh, but yeah, let's focus on Strike. *hard eye roll*
  • Chico wrote: »
    Let's just be happy we have 100% of maps this weekend😁

Yes, be grateful for your breadcrumbs. They can always come back and sweep away 2/3 of them again.
  • Relmets
    2197 posts Member
    How does this qualify as an event
    What needs to happen for blast is that you need to allow default spawn to be selected immediately, no delay whatsoever. Keep the slight delay for those spawning on teammates with squad spawn.
    [+3748 posts]
  • What a game.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • What a game.

Seems the only way to succeed is to...game the game.
  • EA_Tom wrote: »
    y57u35ymu7i4.png

First Question: How do we have a weekend event occur for March before we even see the March Community Calendar?

Second Question: I am grateful for special weekend events, but doesn’t the community mostly prefer (according to your survey) Bonus XP Weekends and Heroes Unleashed or Era-Accurate Heroes Weekends? I just don’t think people requested Fast Spawn Events when the spawn timer reduction can be made permanent for the smaller modes.

Personally, I would have one weekend per month devoted to each of these three categories (Bonus XP, Heroes Unleashed, and Era-Accurate Heroes), which leaves the remaining weekend for something else (like Hero Blast in HvV for example ;) )
    Add more Extraction and Hunt maps please!

What the ROADMAP should look like for 2019/2020:
    “Season” 4: Rogue One
    “Season” 5: Clone Wars Revival
    “Season” 6: Episode IX
  • Sorry, we dont base decisions on a poll with just 200 responses. Also, sorry you won't be able to use Anakin in ga as much as last weekend since all maps are available.
  • Piscettios
    5776 posts Member
    What a game.

Whoa buddy! You ready to get WILD N CRAZY again this weekend!?! I got the fixings for Mimosas ready to rock.
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • Peepzilla wrote: »
    Strike? People still play that

Nope, but that's where they'll focus on a limited time event... unreal. HvV is a popular mode and the players have been begging and pleading for ANYTHING fresh, but yeah, let's focus on Strike. *hard eye roll*

I'm still waiting on anything new with Daily challenges that don't have anything to do with Ewok Hunt (on one map) and Extraction (on two maps). I am NOT playing five rounds of Extraction with only two maps to choose from so let's not hold daily points hostage for that mode, please? Thanks.
    PSN: AgentDathan
    Join me, and together we will rule the Galaxy!
  • Cadoth
    1003 posts Member
    EA_Tom wrote: »
    y57u35ymu7i4.png

Omg, next time you have such exciting news warn me at least a day before or I’ll have another stroke
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    >An event for blast and strike
    >Uses a screenshot from extraction

Not as bad as claiming the map reduction for HvV would make it easier to play as Grievous I guess.
    huu3b6t20hoo.jpg

HAHAHAHAHA!!!

Bullseye!
  • Hah, I thought everyone agreed the timers should be taken out permanently from ALL modes??
  • JediJulius
    501 posts Member
    edited March 6
    Hah, I thought everyone agreed the timers should be taken out permanently from ALL modes??

Squad Spawning should have at least five second cooldown while random spawning should have a 1 or 0 second cooldown. Instant squad spawning would be atrocious in some parts of GA, but a 10 second wait is too long in any circumstance.
  • Why reduce it to one second instead of just removing the timer altogether? What is that one second going to change?
  • Where’s the private matches guys, come on now. This is as important as anything to keep the players around after content stops.
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    >An event for blast and strike
    >Uses a screenshot from extraction

Not as bad as claiming the map reduction for HvV would make it easier to play as Grievous I guess.
    huu3b6t20hoo.jpg

These guys really don't play their own game lol
  • Sorry, off topic but when is the vomit emote going to be available?
    #StarWars-y
  • Dude, I love mimosas. Bring the homey @Relmets and let’s send it B)

6b3h4qfcnf0b.gif

• An event I won't even know is happening? That's cool, I guess.
  • I want a Hero Blast Event
  • Mouse92im
    177 posts Member
    edited March 7
    Unreal. Fix the “teams must be even” Bologne. Can’t spawn when you’re staring at a screen waiting for the player teams to be balanced.

For the love of anything. Stop with weekend events that change the base game.

Move it or create a separate server and menu option so we can avoid it if we want.
  • This event just shows how completely out of touch the devs are with their customers. Pathetic embarrassing fail before its even started.
  • Lee1981
    1916 posts Member
    edited March 7
    y57u35ymu7i4.png

Just what we have been crying out for another pointless event that no one gives a hoot about

How about fixing some of things that have been broke for over a year instead

People looking for a skill level game. ...then yes though unfixed DICE bugs make it a real drag
  • sukebe7
    375 posts Member

I think they would if they were allowed.
    I still think we're flung into separate rooms that will never fill.
    How many times have you gone into one room and found two-three people, quit and tried again just to be flung into another room with zero or one?
    If you see this, it means I haven't found a game in well over 30 minutes.
    PLAYERS NEEDED: ANY!
  • sukebe7
    375 posts Member
    y57u35ymu7i4.png
    Great! I'll sure sit there waiting for three hours to play before giving up on Empty Rooms.
    I get more programming done waiting for this trash heap to generate a measly one game (before Everyone disappears) than any other time. The problem is, I've already put in eight hours and all I want to do is run around for an hour shooting at walls and anything else that doesn't move while NOT being batted about by a 'hero'.
    I hate blast, but at least I get a half-game or two at midnight; all other rooms are empty and HPV, HIV, HVV or whatever it's abbreviation is gets boring real quick as a button mashing mess of unfun.

• bfloo
    14747 posts Member
    Whoever comes up with these events needs to be demoted to janitor and replaced by someone with an imagination.

If reducing spawn times or credit costs is the best they can come up with, they are in the wrong career.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Cadoth
    1003 posts Member
    edited March 7
    bfloo wrote: »
    Whoever comes up with these events needs to be demoted to janitor and replaced by someone with an imagination.

If reducing spawn times or credit costs is the best they can come up with, they are in the wrong career.

Probably the best answer we can get would be “oh, but your feedbacks on the poll for game events said clearly that the fast spawn event was a fan favorite” while in another thread opened by @Empire_TW they basically told us that our feedbacks on polls don’t matter, but whatever, and I’m not even counting the fact that the main reason why the fast spawn event was so “requested” was to avoid the other events on the list
  • March calendar? Double XP (or triple) event shortly after release of new character?
  • I voted for the fast spawn event, but that was only for GA. There shouldn't be a spawn timer at all for default spawn points and no more than a 5 second timer on squad spawning. Even 5 seconds might be pushing it.

Strike who?
  • I love strike and its my go to mode, and this event would be awesome except theres still the utterly abysmal "teams must be matched numberswise" crap that's happening

I refuse to believe its a major bug that needs completely recoded, because i believe that dice wouldnt waste the time coding something that intricate for strike, therefore it must be something as easy as a switch, so for the love of god switch the thing off
  • Strike on Endor is so fun! Please fix the bug that teams must be matched. You can do it! :)
    "I'm Luke Skywalker. I'm here to rescue you!"
  • brienj
    679 posts Member
    Peepzilla wrote: »

I'm still waiting on anything new with Daily challenges that don't have anything to do with Ewok Hunt (on one map) and Extraction (on two maps). I am NOT playing five rounds of Extraction with only two maps to choose from so let's not hold daily points hostage for that mode, please? Thanks.

I agree wholeheartedly with the Ewok challenges, just because it takes forever to get a full lobby to start a game. It would literally take me all day long to complete those challeneges. I like Extraction though, even though there are only two maps, I still enjoy it, and people still play it and I can find matches at least.
  • BucksawBoushh
    4673 posts Member
    edited March 7
    Somebody with a Cad Bane avatar posted a mock event calendar which was pretty darn good. Anybody got it? If so, post in here and tag the mods.
  • 1. Fast respawn should not be an event, it should be standard.
    2. There is a loading bug that prevents teams from starting if there is not an exact number on each team. This can take ages for a game to start and has been broken for months. I have never found a shortage of players who want to play Strike, just frustration with the bug.

They Know, we know - all we can do is tell potential buyers of any new Game to be forwarned about these things before buying
  • Strike...
    Such a cool game mode...
    Not a single new map since launch...
    Sad...
  • SVEJ
    1160 posts Member
    Nerf Rey please, buff the villains! come on!
  • MCA26
    174 posts Member
    Shame I never find a game of Blast or Strike :(
  • sukebe7
    375 posts Member
    MCA26 wrote: »
    Shame I never find a game of Blast or Strike :(

Just wait a few more hours...
  • sukebe7
    375 posts Member
    Strike...
    Not a single new map since launch...
    of game... ever.
    PLAYERS NEEDED: 7
    98% of the time
    PLAYERS NEEDED: 6
    the other two percent.