criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Anakin is ruining GA - he's fine in HvV - does anyone disagree about GA (not asking about HvV)?

In GA choke points were already very hard to break with Yoda, Finn, Rey, and Wookie Warriors. Now with Anakin I rarely see the dark side win a match.

I think Heroic Might is better where it is right now.

I know this will annoy some of you to hear but I think his Redemption is causing some major issues in GA. Anakin can literally run out straight to where the little red dots are on the map, and basically take out any villains whenever he gets this ability. The ability has a huge area of effect, does 400 damage, and holds people in the air for about 5 seconds. During this time your teammates can do additional damage to the opponents. It's like if Kylo's old freeze also delivered 400 damage... When I play as Anakin in GA I literally go and slaughter villians every time I get this ability - it's a one button kill - no skill needed - nothing anyone can do because you never know when he will use it. And if the villain sees him and is one of the 4 in 10 that can block, Anakin just waits until they run or jump and presses his death button.

And when there are choke points he gets the ability a lot more because the ability grows with damage taken by his teammates.

I would nerf his damage a lot honestly - to 200 or 250 max

Don't worry he will still be the most powerful hero in the game by far

Does anyone disagree that GA is no longer balanced due to Anakin?

Replies

• Oh yeah he's ridiculous in GA. Refuse to play GA unless I'm on the heros side. It should have a limit like the total amount of people he can get & reduce his damage reduction to like 50%. His retribution should also build a lot slower like can only be used once a game type of slow & enemy heros should only be able to take damage just from him & not any outside force.
  • Stingil
    34 posts Member
    Anakin needs to be nerfed HARD. That choke hold does metric tons of damage. Even if it did way less it is by definition op given how long you can CC ANY number of opponents in a huge area.

Maybe if it was melee range only, it might be okay. Would still outclass Vader's choke tenfold as a free 4th ability.
  • Peepzilla wrote: »
    Oh yeah he's ridiculous in GA. Refuse to play GA unless I'm on the heros side. It should have a limit like the total amount of people he can get & reduce his damage reduction to like 50%. His retribution should also build a lot slower like can only be used once a game type of slow & enemy heros should only be able to take damage just from him & not any outside force.

Wow, never thought I'd see you calling for additional Anakin nerfs.

Well seeing as I've played more GA matches & literally ended games my team was getting steamrolled with him & lost a game in naboo that should've been won against him I see he's a problem in that mode only. His heroic might is fine it's just the ultimate that shouldn't come back just running around teammates. Should just have a total of 2 charges & it has a 15 minute cooldown. Boom I just solved the anakin issue.
  • Stingil wrote: »
    Anakin needs to be nerfed HARD. That choke hold does metric tons of damage. Even if it did way less it is by definition op given how long you can CC ANY number of opponents in a huge area.

Maybe if it was melee range only, it might be okay. Would still outclass Vader's choke tenfold as a free 4th ability.

Uhm no he doesn't just make it to where you can't take damage from outside forces when choked by him & a 3.5 second immunity after. & he should only have 2 charges meaning he can only do retribution 2 times & after it goes on a 10 minute cooldown
  • Ya, it is ridiculous and it's the equiv if not worse than the heavy bug with the explosive shot. Even in it's weakest state with nobody shooting him he can still clear almost an entire objective. Nobody should be able to run out in the middle of an entire team and take little to no damage yet kill everybody. If I see Anakin protecting a choke hold it's just time to quit the match. I'm not going to be a stat/exp booster for him. He should take full damage if not more when he stands still cause it's so powerful. Add Finn or Yoda with a couple wookie warriors protecting it and it's an almost impossible win...and that's assuming you have a team full of gamers instead of Star Wars fans.
    Oh yeah he's ridiculous in GA. Refuse to play GA unless I'm on the heros side. It should have a limit like the total amount of people he can get & reduce his damage reduction to like 50%. His retribution should also build a lot slower like can only be used once a game type of slow & enemy heros should only be able to take damage just from him & not any outside force.

Well seeing as I've played more GA matches & literally ended games my team was getting steamrolled with him & lost a game in naboo that should've been won against him I see he's a problem in that mode only. His heroic might is fine it's just the ultimate that shouldn't come back just running around teammates. Should just have a total of 2 charges & it has a 15 minute cooldown. Boom I just solved the anakin issue.

Don't want to come across as "I told you so" but I tried explaining to you I thought like you when I was exclusively playing HvV with him. In GA it's an entirely different animal.

15 minute cooldown seems excessive, though. I'd rather see a nerf to its damage output and a slightly increased cooldown.
  • Ya, it is ridiculous and it's the equiv if not worse than the heavy bug with the explosive shot. Even in it's weakest state with nobody shooting him he can still clear almost an entire objective. Nobody should be able to run out in the middle of an entire team and take little to no damage yet kill everybody. If I see Anakin protecting a choke hold it's just time to quit the match. I'm not going to be a stat/exp booster for him. He should take full damage if not more when he stands still cause it's so powerful. Add Finn or Yoda with a couple wookie warriors protecting it and it's an almost impossible win...and that's assuming you have a team full of gamers instead of Star Wars fans.

He's talking about the choke not the repulse & no to all your ideas

Don't want to come across as saying "I told you so," but I did try previously explaining to you that he's a different beast on GA. I thought like you did originally when I was confined to HvV.

Also, a 15 minute cooldown seems a bit excessive. I'd increase it, but not nearly that long, and slightly reduce its damage.
    Peepzilla wrote: »

Don't want to come across as saying "I told you so," but I did try previously explaining to you that he's a different beast on GA. I thought like you did originally when I was confined to HvV.

Also, a 15 minute cooldown seems a bit excessive. I'd increase it, but not nearly that long, and slightly reduce its damage.

Yeah I guess lol. I used to main GA but I got tired of the yoda wookie warrior cheese. So I wouldn't say I'm confined just a semi retired GA pro who's awaiting wookie nerfs & health stacking nerfs. A yeah it's kinda to much but the move can clear rooms. Maybe he can have 2 charges each charge takes 5 minutes to charge. In HvV it'll be how much his team takes damage
  • Oh yeah he's ridiculous in GA. Refuse to play GA unless I'm on the heros side. It should have a limit like the total amount of people he can get & reduce his damage reduction to like 50%. His retribution should also build a lot slower like can only be used once a game type of slow & enemy heros should only be able to take damage just from him & not any outside force.

That's the sign of a bad player right there
  • WhatAShame wrote: »

You mean consistently topping the leaderboard & coming in first place 9 times out of 10 makes you bad? Idk
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    Someone having 1000 health and being able to give himself a 90% damage reduction on control points which are significantly more easy to defend than to take is problematic.

Stun em
  • ID_8615
    385 posts Member
    Peepzilla wrote: »

Well seeing as I've played more GA matches & literally ended games my team was getting steamrolled with him & lost a game in naboo that should've been won against him I see he's a problem in that mode only.

Don't want to come across as saying "I told you so," but I did try previously explaining to you that he alone is now stifling GA. Days ago when he first came out. It was ridiculously obvious to see what was happening on Galactic Assaults. The previous updates had been leading up to this, but this has now culminated with little orphan Ani's release. All choke points in GA are practically insurmountable. Heroes & Villains clog up those spots faster than a JarJar can bring down a whole trilogy.

GA needs to be limited to 2 heroes a side max, and NO heroes prior to Stage 3.
  • Empire_TW
    5014 posts Member
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    Someone having 1000 health and being able to give himself a 90% damage reduction on control points which are significantly more easy to defend than to take is problematic.

Stun em

he can just block or doge it
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    p0glkjvppdfa.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • Raices
    1037 posts Member
    edited March 6
    Retribution is a problem in GA, i suggest one of the following 5 options, i saw it on reddit:

1.Give Anakin a diferent dot color on the mini map when he has it charged up, so you can be aware of avoiding it. In HvV Anakin will always be on the mini map when this ability is charged up.

2.Lower the damage reduction that the ability grants to 50%, so the Anakin player has to be aware of his surroundings before using it.

3.Reduce the damage of it to 150 for troopers and 200 for heroes.

4.Put a time limit to it, you have 60 seconds to use it before it goes on cool down again.

5.Reduce the radius of it to Luke's repulse radius.
  • Heroes are just a mess with no stats variation across modes ( GA, HvV , Conquest? ) . There was clearly a deliberate intention with the Anakins ability in the full knowledge of GA choke points....Shameful really

You mean consistently topping the leaderboard & coming in first place 9 times out of 10 makes you bad? Idk

Lol considering most players are not very good that's not impressive. I'm on leaderboard 10/10, and neither I or my buds would only play lightside. Refusing to play dark side because of Anakin is just garbage and sad. I suspect the 1/10 you supposedly do not make leaderboard is when you play me. RIP
    WhatAShame wrote: »

Lol considering most players are not very good that's not impressive. I'm on leaderboard 10/10, and neither I or my buds would only play lightside. Refusing to play dark side because of Anakin is just garbage and sad. I suspect the 1/10 you supposedly do not make leaderboard is when you play me. RIP

Lmao Idc what you or your buds do
  • Raices wrote: »
    Retribution is a problem in GA, i suggest one of the following 5 options, i saw it on reddit:

1.Give Anakin a diferent dot color on the mini map when he has it charged up, so you can be aware of avoiding it. In HvV Anakin will always be on the mini map when this ability is charged up.

2.Lower the damage reduction that the ability grants to 50%, so the Anakin player has to be aware of his surroundings before using it.

4.Put a time limit to it, you have 60 seconds to use it before it goes on cool down again.

Not gonna lie 3 those are bad ideas. 3,4, & 5. Just have it to were you're immune to outside attacks while choked & he can only use the ability 2 times a match or the ability has a cooldown of 10 minutes after use.
  • DarthJ
    6051 posts Member
    Raices wrote: »

No to 3 and 5. 3 in particular would make it pointless may as well remove it from the game completely. Buffed troopers and heavies would survive wasily. I would say 250 damage max for all if I had to.

5 again, would be pointless. Area would be tiny. Reduce the radius, fair enough, but not that drastically. And increase the cooldown/rate it takes to build up.
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • Thechosen1_anakin
    4176 posts Member
    edited March 6
    DarthJ wrote: »
    Raices wrote: »

No to 3 and 5. 3 in particular would make it pointless may as well remove it from the game completely. Buffed troopers and heavies would survive wasily. I would say 250 damage max for all if I had to.

5 again, would be pointless. Area would be tiny. Reduce the radius, fair enough, but not that drastically. And increase the cooldown/rate it takes to build up.

Just have it to were enemies can't be attacked by outside forces & take no damage for 3.5 seconds for heros after
  • I feel personally that Anakin needs huge nerfs, including maybe Kylo in GA since I get liked easily from both sometimes.

Even then through, it seems this might be his only nerf considering how most people seem fine with him now.
  • Lee1981
    1666 posts Member
    TjPunx wrote: »
    Please don’t nerf Anni again. If they nerf him in GA it destroys him in HvV. Unless they can separate the nerfs. You guys calling for an Annie nerf in GA completely neutered him in HvV with the latest patch
    Good it’s such an awful skilless spamfest anyway

Why are you calling for nerfs on yourself?
  • Isn’t that the general point of HvV? To use skills to your advantage?

DICE could try to find some way to balance both modes, but one mode shouldn’t be favorable over the other. Honestly, Anakin should just be nerfed so one plays anymore since everyone is still complaining about him.
  • TjPunx wrote: »
    Please don’t nerf Anni again. If they nerf him in GA it destroys him in HvV. Unless they can separate the nerfs. You guys calling for an Annie nerf in GA completely neutered him in HvV with the latest patch

How can you possibly say that Anakin has been neutered? He is the most powerful hero in the game by a large margin.

Reducing his Retribution radius a bit and decreasing damage to 200 would still have him as the most powerful hero in the game by a large margin
  • Lee1981 wrote: »
    Good it’s such an awful skilless spamfest anyway

Nah it's a good game mode which takes a lot of skill. Tbh coming from someone who mained GA

Why are you calling for nerfs on yourself?

I'm a little op in GA
  • awakespace wrote: »

How can you possibly say that Anakin has been neutered? He is the most powerful hero in the game by a large margin.

Reducing his Retribution radius a bit and decreasing damage to 200 would still have him as the most powerful hero in the game by a large margin

Woah there let's stop nerfing the heck out of abilities. It's a Ultimate for a reason. Let it do 350 to heros & stop them from taking damage from everything but him & it's fine
  • Or maybe the ability should be removed since it’s OP?

I’m a fan of him, but him being this powerful needs to stop. Along with that, reduce his damage reduction and more of his radius and damage of heroic might.
  • unit900000
    2610 posts Member
    I agree he is a problem in GA and less of a problem in HvV nothing says balanced game like having an entire room of troopers get choked to death and have to somehow push the objective all over again witch is hard enough as it is.
  • unit900000 wrote: »
    I agree he is a problem in GA and less of a problem in HvV nothing says balanced game like having an entire room of troopers get choked to death and have to somehow push the objective all over again witch is hard enough as it is.

This is my main gripe, most things in hvv can be countered with teamwork, that's the biggest thing in that mode. But GA is completely and utterly broken thanks to Anakin.
  • Chico
    157 posts Member

Just plain wrong. I am an average player at best. Last night, post nerf, I managed to get Ani once and was easily top player on my team. He is still way better than every other LS hero.
  • not had that issue, mine is the opposite.

My Anakin keeps dying
    - the constipated squat glitch (heroic might does not discharge any damage)
    - the 1000 year meditation glitch (stuck in heroic might animation indefinitely - triggered by palpatine/dooku's lightning)
    - the uneven ground glitch (heroic might has no effect because of uneven ground/furniture/pillars)
    - broken block glitch - unable to block saber attacks
    - AT-ST target - 2 AT-STs focusing all their firepower on Anakin

But the main reason is
    - good team vs bad team - 2 teams engage and within 15 seconds Anakin is all alone vs the entire enemy team + villains

in other words, order is restored. the better team wins. but if both teams are equal, then as usual the light side wins (nothing changed as this was the same as previously)
  • Lee1981
    1666 posts Member
    The only good thing is trolling Ani players with his best counter Kylo

Just baited him in on phase 2 of geonosis, he took out loads of my team but he got too confident and the kylo freeze and a few competent teammates and he was toast

He immediately rage quit.!! Lol

• not had that issue, mine is the opposite.

My Anakin keeps dying
    - the constipated squat glitch (heroic might does not discharge any damage)
    - the 1000 year meditation glitch (stuck in heroic might animation indefinitely - triggered by palpatine/dooku's lightning)
    - the uneven ground glitch (heroic might has no effect because of uneven ground/furniture/pillars)
    - broken block glitch - unable to block saber attacks
    - AT-ST target - 2 AT-STs focusing all their firepower on Anakin

But the main reason is
    - good team vs bad team - 2 teams engage and within 15 seconds Anakin is all alone vs the entire enemy team + villains

in other words, order is restored. the better team wins. but if both teams are equal, then as usual the light side wins (nothing changed as this was the same as previously)

I wouldn't say that the better team wins. I would say that the light side wins, unless: you get an extremely unbalanced game, where there is a very competent squad teamed up - then you could say the way better team wins regardless of side. The issue here is that the game has been designed to balance teams out, which means you basically know how it's going to go.

So if I team up with a few friends, yes we can pretty easily take down the light side, unless the game can find another squad of really good players to pit us against.

• He is definitely no.1 in Ga or HvV overall. Having said that though i think he just needs his abilities slightly lower aoe. Add a few seconds for each abilities cooldown. His Hp lowered to 750 (still 950 with hp card) because he should not be a tank! He is not a defensive hero and to have one of the most hp and damage per strike at standard is just absurd.