criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Anakins pull-pasionite strike combo needs to go

Prev134
It’s OP AF it’s literally an insta kill combo he pulls you to the ground then he passionately strikes you to the ground and you can’t do anything to defend your self after wards if you are still alive
"You Don't Know the Power of the Dark Side"
vader.gif

Replies

• Raices wrote: »
    If we went with your logic.....
    Kylo’s Freeze + Pull Combo needs to go (on ledge maps in HvV)
    Chewy’s Shock + Furious Bowcaster Combo needs to go
    Vader’s Choke + Lightsaber Throw Combo needs to go
    Dooku’s Duelist + Exposed Weakness Combo needs to go

Hmmm....did I forget anyone else? Lol. He’s fine. He already received his nerf. He doesn’t need another.

Nah, Anakin combo is way more OP/effective than those.

Kylo's is just as affective. His pull does 60 damage into freeze bash slash into frenzy & you're dead if you're a blaster hero
  • Psy3d wrote: »
    Damn hopefully you guys dont notice Gen G's thrust followed by unrelenting advance and then claw rush combo...and...never mind...better have some secrets before it gets nerfed :D

Lmao
  • Lee1981 wrote: »

Hmmm....did I forget anyone else? Lol. He’s fine. He already received his nerf. He doesn’t need another.
    Not one of these is a good example or come close to what Anakin can do

Vader comes pretty close actually. Choke + 2 basic attack + saber throw = 610 damage
  • Saberscar223
    1022 posts Member
    edited March 6

Literally all of those but Chewies are no where near as op as anakins because anakins leaves you stunned afterwards. Darth Vader’s saber throw doesn’t knock you to the ground and Kylos pull nor freeze actually deals damage
    vader.gif
  • ROMG4 wrote: »
    blah blah.

Wow what terrible straw-mans

"Lol, you noobs hate this combo so I guess we gotta remove ALL COMBOS because I run on absolutes and two year old mentality and I think this bad mean EVERYTHING BADS?!!?"

only-a-sith-deals-in-absolutes-gif-4.gif

With the exception of Kylo Ren's situational advantage on maps (Which is easily countered by situational awareness) all these "combos" don't kill you instantly and leave you with the ability to fight back and escape. Which is something you completely do not have facing Anakin's combo unless you have 750-HP or a block. A competently executed Strike combo will kill every full health 650-HP villain in the game with no exception

Also the fact you compared it to Dooku's duelist and the rest is hilarious. They've also all been nerfed in the past so every single combo you've listed is completely balanced

Dooku 3 shots blaster heros with duelist & expose weakness.
  • ROMG4
    2296 posts Member

So does Anakin
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    The OOM-9 Thread
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76756/the-oom-9-thread-9-9-the-phantom-droid/p1

So does Anakin
    Without even using an ability I might add
    (with the right star cards)
    vader.gif

So does Anakin

So it's fair. Just pointing out it hasn't been nerfed
  • Maybe you should have some situational awareness and beware Anakin with dark side shooters in the same way that the light sids is forced to avoid Kylo's Pull + Freeze. After that you're vulnerable to blaster melting or an attack + frenzy.

Maybe it's because you're so used to using Iden that you forgot how to use wall cover like the heroes are forced to do. Or maybe you're a Boba Fett. A Bossk who can sit behind ever recharging mines while the previous ones were set, spamming dioxis and headshots that do like 150 - 200 damage while your healrh recharges

Solution: get gud
    Avoid the pull as you would Kylo. I've already used the tree and rockline as a Boba Fett to make Anakin miss 4 pulls. If you can't do that, oh well

The only characters I'd complain about it for, are Palpatine and Maul

So does Anakin
    Without even using an ability I might add
    (with the right star cards)

Actually it takes 4 hits to kill blaster heros
  • ROMG4
    2296 posts Member
    edited March 6
    ROMG4 wrote: »

So does Anakin

Because it doesn't need to be nerfed on Dooku's part

Dooku is a brawler a hardcore brawler. He has no AOE powers, no way to pull or push enemies a great distance from himself or to himself. He is reliant entirely on his block, attacks, and roll. Even his stun is used more for saving himself from danger then as an offensive tool. He sacrifices any other part in order to directly buff his primary attacks

Anakin not only shares Dooku's damage but so, so much more. Anakin isn't limited to this brawler play-style. He can push enemies away to tremendous damage but also pull them to where he is and stun lock them to death

If Anakin's stats stay Dooku will genuinely need a buff just to compete and not have his role completely overridden

Because as it is Dooku is hardly inspiring compared to Anakin and hearing his claim of "I've become more powerful then any Jedi" feels rather hollow
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    The OOM-9 Thread
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76756/the-oom-9-thread-9-9-the-phantom-droid/p1
  • ZephanUnbound
    1026 posts Member
    edited March 6

First off, I want to say that I don't think the combo needs to go, it just needs to be nerfed. Now, let's go down that list of yours shall we.

-Kylo's Freeze + Pull combo near death ledges only work on maps with death Ledges, of which there are only 7/15 in HvV I believe, and some of those maps only have a few areas with death ledges. Anakin's P+A+PS+A combo works on any map.

-Chewy's shock + Furious bowcaster combo was already nerfed, not once, but twice. Shock grenade's duration was nerfed and furious bowcaster's damage were nerfed in separate updates.

-Vader's Choke doesn't have the range of Anakin's pull (especially when star card boosted), and the Choke + Saber Throw combo does anywhere from 270-510 damage I believe depending on luck (the 2nd saber throw strike doesn't always work) and star card loadout. Anakin's combo does I believe anywhere from 510-730 damage depending on luck (rather or not the opponents back is to you when they land after the pull) and star card loadout.

-Dooku's Duelist + Exposed weakness combo is good, but it can be blocked by saber users until the duration ends, and skilled blaster players know to start rolling as soon they see the expose weakness effect on their screen if the Dooku is behind them. Blaster villains and Maul+Palps have no defense against Anakin's P+A+PS+A combo since they have no way of reliably avoiding the pull that sets up the combo, and once the combo has begun it can't be escaped from if the Anakin player is fast enough with their button presses, the Dooku combo can always be avoided by skillful rolling until the duration of expose weakness and duelist end (of which there are clear visual cues for both, the effect around the edge of the screen for expose weakness and Dooku fighting with 1 arm behind his back for Duelist).
  • If we went with your logic.....

First off, I want to say that I don't think the combo needs to go, it just needs to be nerfed. Now, let's go down that list of yours shall we.

-Kylo's Freeze + Pull combo near death ledges only work on maps with death Ledges, of which there are only 7/15 in HvV I believe, and some of those maps only have a few areas with death ledges. Anakin's P+A+PS+A combo works on any map.

-Chewy's shock + Furious bowcaster combo was already nerfed, not once, but twice. Shock grenade's duration was nerfed and furious bowcaster's damage were nerfed in separate updates.

-Vader's Choke doesn't have the range of Anakin's pull (especially when star card boosted), and the Choke + Saber Throw combo does anywhere from 270-510 damage depending on luck (the 2nd saber throw strike doesn't always work) and star card loadout. Anakin's combo does I believe anywhere from 510-730 damage depending on luck (rather or not the opponents back is to you when they land after the pull) and star card loadout.

-Dooku's Duelist + Exposed weakness combo is good, but it can be blocked by saber users until the duration ends, and skilled blaster players know to start rolling as soon they see the expose weakness effect on their screen if the Dooku is behind them. Blaster villains and Maul+Palps have no defense against Anakin's P+A+PS+A combo since they have no way of reliably avoiding the pull that sets up the combo, and once the combo has begun it can't be escaped from if the Anakin player is fast enough with their button presses, the Dooku combo can always be avoided by skillful rolling until the duration of expose weakness and duelist end (of which there are clear visual cues for both, the effect around the edge of the screen for expose weakness and Dooku fighting with 1 arm behind his back for Duelist).

Vader main here with vader with the right set up can do between 460- 610 & can potentially do 710(saber return) a lot of factors go into it though
  • Raices
    1007 posts Member

-Vader's Choke doesn't have the range of Anakin's pull (especially when star card boosted), and the Choke + Saber Throw combo does anywhere from 270-510 damage depending on luck (the 2nd saber throw strike doesn't always work) and star card loadout. Anakin's combo does I believe anywhere from 510-730 damage depending on luck (rather or not the opponents back is to you when they land after the pull) and star card loadout.

Vader main here with vader with the right set up can do between 460- 610 & can potentially do 710(saber return) a lot of factors go into it though

Again, there's a downside to Vader's choke, you are vulnerable to take dmg while doing it, and you have to choke 2 persons at the same time, and you need 2 star cards.
  • ROMG4
    2296 posts Member
    people will only be happy when we have little Anni with no abilities and a yippie emote

98f5a730a35bf9cda165cc6c583b0c76febe40e7r1-840-499_hq.gif
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

The OOM-9 Thread

So does Anakin

Dooku is a brawler a hardcore brawler. He has no AOE powers, no way to pull or push enemies a great distance from himself or to himself. He is reliant entirely on his block, attacks, and roll. Even his stun is used more for saving himself from danger then as an offensive tool. He sacrifices any other part in order to directly buff his primary attacks

Anakin not only shares Dooku's damage but so, so much more. Anakin isn't limited to this brawler play-style. He can push enemies away to tremendous damage but also pull them to where he is and stun lock them to death

If Anakin's stats stay Dooku will genuinely need a buff just to compete and not have his role completely overridden

Because as it is Dooku is hardly inspiring compared to Anakin and hearing his claim of "I've become more powerful then any Jedi" feels rather hollow

Well anakin did kill dooku only makes sense he does more damage than him. His role in HvV is to focus on a single target & help eliminate them with help from other heros. In GA idk what his role is. While anakins is a offensive tank. Dooku needs no buff & some of you are just looking at the damage & forgetting you can dodge his pull smh & can't even be put in the combo.
  • Colin777 wrote: »
    Its pathetic you dont even need to learn to play as anakin hes just a combo hero that has 1000 health, no challenge at all hes the most boring hero to use

The hundred or so Anakins I've destroyed said that's not try

Well, I completely shib on any Dooku with Yoda anyway, so now that Anakin can, I'd say it's pretty lore friendly 😂
  • Paraply
    30 posts Member

So does Anakin

Well anakin did kill dooku only makes sense he does more damage than him.

By that logic Grievous needs a serious nerf as he bests pretty much all heroes besides Anakin in damage output.
  • Paraply wrote: »

So does Anakin

By that logic Grievous needs a serious nerf as he bests pretty much all heroes besides Anakin in damage output.

I wouldn't mind that at all I hate em
    Its pathetic you dont even need to learn to play as anakin hes just a combo hero that has 1000 health, no challenge at all hes the most boring hero to use

The hundred or so Anakins I've destroyed said that's not try

I concur
  • Colin777
    343 posts Member
    Paraply wrote: »

So does Anakin

Ya and anakin also has the largest health to so hes got that goin for him, + 165 lightsaber damage

I'm not sure where you are getting those values from. I was looking at this thread for reference: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/96332/the-damage-of-all-hero-abilities/p1

Choke does 120 normally with no star cards, while saber throw does 150, which adds up to 270 if the saber throw's return strike doesn't work, which is pretty often in my experience (sometimes the saber bounces off of the choked enemies and returns straight to Vader's hand instead of going through them and hitting them again on the return trip like it is supposed to. If the return hit on the throw does connect, then it does 420 with no star cards. As for star card values, choke can be boosted to 180 if you choke more than 1 target, while the damage of the return saber throw can be boosted to 190, so the max combo there under perfect circumstances is 180 for Choke + 150 for saber throw strike 1 + 190 for saber throw strike 2, for a total of 520.
  • Raices wrote: »

Again, there's a downside to Vader's choke, you are vulnerable to take dmg while doing it, and you have to choke 2 persons at the same time, and you need 2 star cards.

Just pointing out numbers. Also the whole combo can be avoided if you roll unlike vaders choke
  • Colin777
    343 posts Member

5036635-giphy.gif
    While anakins is a offensive tank. Dooku needs no buff & some of you are just looking at the damage & forgetting you can dodge his pull smh & can't even be put in the combo.

giphy.gif

Which again means the player has to execute far more thinking and skill into avoiding the attack then Anakin needs to use the attack. You have to predict when he'll use it, understand how he uses it, understand his game-plan and then react accordingly. Not to mention the ability is so quick it is very easy to execute and surprise the enemy. It is far worse then Freeze was because at least Freeze required a blaster villain alongside Kylo to be broken

All Anakin has to do is press a button. See the difference?
    In GA idk what his role is.

Neither do the developers

Amen
  • Yeah sure why not let's nerf his pull and passionate strike. Next week let's go for his saber damage. Week after let's target his swing speed, I'm thinking somewhere in between Yoda and Obi-Wan so it's slow enough that I can have time to emote after every swing. I want to be able to tape down my R2 button and kill him as grievous while I watch the clone wars.
  • Colin777
    343 posts Member
    They just need to make his passionate strike not knock players down that will help big time because you got a better chance when you arent being knocked down again and again after trying to get out of his saber stun
  • leave him alone, geez.

I'm not sure where you are getting those values from. I was looking at this thread for reference: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/96332/the-damage-of-all-hero-abilities/p1

Choke does 120 normally with no star cards, while saber throw does 150, which adds up to 270 if the saber throw's return strike doesn't work, which is pretty often in my experience (sometimes the saber bounces off of the choked enemies and returns straight to Vader's hand instead of going through them and hitting them again on the return trip like it is supposed to. If the return hit on the throw does connect, then it does 420 with no star cards. As for star card values, choke can be boosted to 180 if you choke more than 1 target, while the damage of the return saber throw can be boosted to 190, so the max combo there under perfect circumstances is 180 for Choke + 150 for saber throw strike 1 + 190 for saber throw strike 2, for a total of 520.

Forgot those numbers man. I'm a vader main & nobody who really plays vader just throws the saber. 120 choke + 120 basic attack + 300 saber throw is 540 damage. 190 choke its 610. I didn't go to the link like I said I'm a vader pro & if I put the 2 cards on I'm doing over 710 damage
  • Colin777
    343 posts Member
    edited March 6
    leave him alone, geez.

Why tho, just trying to make the game better and more in depth than it is
    They just need to make his passionate strike not knock players down that will help big time because you got a better chance when you arent being knocked down again and again after trying to get out of his saber stun

This is the best solution imo. Get rid of the knockdown on passionate strike and the combo is no longer deadly to any character I believe, It will still do alot of damage, but that is fine since you have a chance to get away and regen some of that lost health.
  • I'm getting quite tired of these "hurr git gud" comments saying "just do this, this and that" and you'll beat Anakin or whoever the topic is about most of the time.

The same thing goes back. If all you have to do is roll to avoid an ability from one perspective, all that hero has to do is time their ability and make their foe pre-roll from another perspective or w/e.

So you can say "git gud and do dis" to basically everything.
  • Drectuss wrote: »
    Yeah sure why not let's nerf his pull and passionate strike. Next week let's go for his saber damage. Week after let's target his swing speed, I'm thinking somewhere in between Yoda and Obi-Wan so it's slow enough that I can have time to emote after every swing. I want to be able to tape down my R2 button and kill him as grievous while I watch the clone wars.

Grievous can already do that because he's currently a broke **** (as long as he uses a dash to avoid one move, but, why not?
  • ZephanUnbound
    1026 posts Member
    edited March 6

Forgot those numbers man. I'm a vader main & nobody who really plays vader just throws the saber. 120 choke + 120 basic attack + 300 saber throw is 540 damage. 190 choke its 610. I didn't go to the link like I said I'm a vader pro & if I put the 2 cards on I'm doing over 710 damage

In my experience the choked targets are usually held too far away to chain a basic attack into the combo, unless you manage to jam them against a wall. I'll admit that I don't play Vader much though, I leveled him up to 40 and then didn't touch him again until recently since he is basically the only good counter to Anakin currently.

5036635-giphy.gif
    While anakins is a offensive tank. Dooku needs no buff & some of you are just looking at the damage & forgetting you can dodge his pull smh & can't even be put in the combo.

giphy.gif

Which again means the player has to execute far more thinking and skill into avoiding the attack then Anakin needs to use the attack. You have to predict when he'll use it, understand how he uses it, understand his game-plan and then react accordingly. Not to mention the ability is so quick it is very easy to execute and surprise the enemy. It is far worse then Freeze was because at least Freeze required a blaster villain alongside Kylo to be broken

All Anakin has to do is press a button. See the difference?
    In GA idk what his role is.

Neither do the developers

Nah just roll it's just like any other force power you know when someone is about to do it
  • If that’s all that Anakin needs, then sure. Although, I’m pretty sure that might come next month.

Nevertheless through, spam on Twitter and other social platforms. I don’t quite remember a lot of people saying he’s not fine, so that needs to change.
  • To every strategy there's a counter-strategy. Kylo is the perfect counter to Anakin. Phasma-Kylo combo staying near her droid or baiting him towards her droid works wonders. He can't do his heroic might while being shocked. Perfect time for you to unload on him. He might pull you but Kylo also has a pull. Power reach and harsh pull combined with solid freeze is a good star card build to counter him. Phasma's staff strikes are a good way to diminish his health too. He's tough but he has weaknesses. After heroic might or retribution he's vulnerable.
  • Fresh, he still needs nerfs.
  • WoodydaCuakB
    889 posts Member
    edited March 6
    Colin777 wrote: »
    leave him alone, geez.

Why tho, just trying to make the game better and more in depth than it is

Because first of all, is blockable. If somehow he got you, then you get hit by passionate strike and that's it, you can continue blocking and not receive further damage.

Yeah if you are Boba or Palps you are done, and I have ZERO problems with that. As a blaster LS hero, I get killed VERY, VERY often especially by Dooku with Duelist, there's no way to escape it. So if you playing Boba, get used to die more often, so make yourself more usable to your team instead of just buzzing around when rockets are available.
    When playing Boba, don't think you are getting killed, think of it as getting your rocket barrage available again :smile:

Besides, where do people get the numbers of "600 damage" of Pull+PS combo?
    Pull deals 80 damage
    PS deals 150

no amount of cards can nearly triple that.
  • ROMG4
    2296 posts Member
    Nah just roll it's just like any other force power you know when someone is about to do it

No getting through to you is there?

OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

The OOM-9 Thread