criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

Add cross platforms to Battlefront II. It needs it!

Zyder
374 posts Member
edited March 9
How to solve the empty servers, how to play with more people, fuller games... Just mix PS4, XBOX One and PC servers and this game will be even more marvelous.
Post edited by Zyder on

Replies

• PC Gamers have a completely different pace. They can aim much quicker.

Isn’t this obvious? Did I really have to say that?
    Make Maul great again.
  • Indeed. Iv played on both platforms and because mouse and controller mechanics are so different it is actually like playing two different games imo
  • Phyxsius
    372 posts Member
    I think you wanted to say "cross platform play".

And while PS and XBOX makes sense, you don't want to play against mouse users.
  • PS4 and Xbox are rivals, they would never agree to this. It would also be unfair to console players because it's so much easier to aim on PC.
  • SrawDawg
    660 posts Member
    Deckard112 wrote: »
    PC Gamers have a completely different pace. They can aim much quicker.

Isn’t this obvious? Did I really have to say that?

That's ok, let the console players get owned awhile by the PC keyboard and mouse crowd and they will ultimately figure it out.
  • Backwards compatibility and crossplay are too very different things. Your title says backwards compatibility but your OP asks for crossplay.

I would support crossplay between PS4 and Xbox One, though not between the consoles and PC since mouse/keyboard offers an aiming advantage over controlller.
  • ROMG4
    2613 posts Member
    edited March 8
    Nice thought. I really don't want to play with the PC lot though tbh. Too many cheats

I've played for hundreds of hours on PC

I've encountered at max 5-6 cheaters

Abandon console, JOIN US brother

mncjq.jpg

Abandon the aim assist noobs and enjoy the fluid and smooth motion of a mouse and keyboard
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    The OOM-9 Thread
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76756/the-oom-9-thread-9-9-the-phantom-droid/p1
  • Backyard compatibility..?

5gdaoq4i9d97.jpg

• unit900000
    3176 posts Member
    I honestly dont care if I fight PC players if im on console I say bring it.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000
  • Zyder
    374 posts Member
    title changed, I didn't know the correct name xD
  • unit900000 wrote: »

https://www.gamesradar.com/pc-gamers-destroyed-console-gamers-in-tests-says-voodoo-pc-founder/

In 2010, Microsoft did an experiment. The best controller players they could find got absolutely destroyed by mediocre mouse and keyboard players.

The only way your reklessness will work is if you can play with mouse and keyboard on consoles; real 1:1 mouse tracking, not those crap Xims and Horis.
  • Phyxsius wrote: »
    unit900000 wrote: »

https://www.gamesradar.com/pc-gamers-destroyed-console-gamers-in-tests-says-voodoo-pc-founder/

In 2010, Microsoft did an experiment. The best controller players they could find got absolutely destroyed by mediocre mouse and keyboard players.

The only way your reklessness will work is if you can play with mouse and keyboard on consoles; real 1:1 mouse tracking, not those crap Xims and Horis.

still dont care but thanks for the info.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000
  • Phyxsius
    372 posts Member
    edited March 9
    Phyxsius wrote: »

still dont care but thanks for the info.

You should care because no sane developer will enable what is literally little gold fishes in an ocean of big bad sharks.

In simpler words, for your idea to work, consoles will need an equally accurate AND easy to pick up and use tool for aiming. And from the people using the very capable Steam controller, THAT trackpad is still not it. So, a future controller similar to the Steam controller (I am using it as reference for the closest to mouse aiming controller, both in technology and in availability) HAS to be both as fast and as precise as a mouse, in order for any developer to throw the consoles into the same ring with the PCs.

That is why you should care, because, otherwise, it simply will not happen, because it was already proven they are not on equal terms.

Edit: Do a test for yourself. Pick any PC shooter, ideally one you are decent in, even BF2, as it should be dirt cheap, then use your controller instead of the mouse online...on the PC. XBOX one is native, PS4 can use DS4Windows. If you like it, then that's what you're asking for.
  • If you make pc players play with console players the servers will be empty but for another reason, the console players would leave if they meet a good pc player, I wouldn't mind the 100+ streaks though, would be fun for a time. :D
    As for ps and xbox it's not gonna happen, they have to keep their "war" going.
    The ability to speak does not make you intelligent. - Qui-Gon Jinn
    Never tell me the odds. - Han Solo
  • ReplayVallue
    104 posts Member
    edited March 9
    I could see that working with PlayStation and Xbox.
    PC, not so much.
  • Thought console was masterrace, many on this forum at least say it is....my bad.
  • Piscettios
    5814 posts Member
    edited March 10
    I don’t want to play against KB/M and deal with cheaters. Hard pass.
    Thought console was masterrace, many on this forum at least say it is....my bad.

PC vs Console: who’s the king

Maybe the most tired [removed]argument/debate in gaming. People still searching for validation on this?
    Post edited by IIPrest0nII on
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13