criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission

Friendly Vehicles appearing as Enemies

Prev1
It's really annoying when I'm playing on Yavin IV as a Stormtrooper to see my radar light up red, so I whip around to take out the enemy but it's just a friendly AT-ST.....
Has anyone else been experiencing this? Where for some reason friendly vehicles appear as the enemy on your radar. I know that this is a bug, I have no idea when it arrived or if it has been picked up on already, but it is something that keeps happening

Replies

• Still broken
    #StarWars-y
  • Yes! This has been in since launch but I think with all the other bugs and CW nonsense we've just got used to it.

It is annoying tho, I agree.

I thought so. But yeah, hella annoying
  • @F8RGE Is this going to be fixed?

Thanks for the bump

Thanks for the bump

Anytime. The broken radar is one of the most annoying bugs in the game for those who use radar for situational awareness. Even friendly star fighters show as enemies. How do they get this wrong and why does it take so long to fix?
    #StarWars-y
  • finally someone speak about this.. a minor problem sure, but anyway annoying
  • https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Armor-vehicles-show-up-as-enemy-on-the-radar/td-p/6523404

It's been in the game right from the start. It was 'fixed' in one of the patches as well.
  • LOTR2013 wrote: »
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Armor-vehicles-show-up-as-enemy-on-the-radar/td-p/6523404

It's been in the game right from the start. It was 'fixed' in one of the patches as well.

Supposedly fixed at one point for Crait (despite being broken on all other maps featuring ATSTs) then back to completely broken with the next update.
    Don't click unless you want to know the truth....
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Armor-vehicles-show-up-as-enemy-on-the-radar/td-p/6523404

they suppose to have fixed it, but its still broken.

Not a very good patch then was it?
  • It's really annoying when I'm playing on Yavin IV as a Stormtrooper to see my radar light up red, so I whip around to take out the enemy but it's just a friendly AT-ST.....
    Has anyone else been experiencing this? Where for some reason friendly vehicles appear as the enemy on your radar. I know that this is a bug, I have no idea when it arrived or if it has been picked up on already, but it is something that keeps happening

Its an oldie but a goldie.
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

• @EA_Charlemagne Is this on DICE's bug list and when can we expect a fix?
    #StarWars-y
  • It's really annoying when I'm playing on Yavin IV as a Stormtrooper to see my radar light up red, so I whip around to take out the enemy but it's just a friendly AT-ST.....

Its an oldie but a goldie.

I always thought it had been around for a while, but I had only just acknowledged it recently (even though I knew about it......if you get my drift?)
  • Hoping this bug, and many others, will be fixed for the no named mode of modes.
    #StarWars-y
  • Hoping this bug, and many others, will be fixed for the no named mode of modes.

The Mode That Must Not Be Named Yet Because It's Supposed To Be A Surprise Or Something Like That.
    Heroes are born on the battlefront... especially if you play the objective.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • Is this bug still happening in CS?
    #StarWars-y
  • Is this bug still happening in CS?

I haven't been able to play yet, but I didn't see it mentioned in the CT
  • Still broken. Also noticed that if a teammate mans a blaster turret, they show as an enemy on the radar.
    #StarWars-y
  • LOTR2013
    278 posts Member
    Still broken. Also noticed that if a teammate mans a blaster turret, they show as an enemy on the radar.

I thought that happened to me once.

But yep, I'm still getting the bug on Capital Supremacy. I'm not sure about Galactic Assault, I haven't played it in a while.
  • Maliainu
    1107 posts Member
    I noticed this in CS. An ally in my squad spawned in a vehicle next to me and my radar would not stop detecting them as an enemy.

• UrbanGlitch
    3214 posts Member
    I've found that it's a lot more prevalent in CS than GA
  • I've found that it's a lot more prevalent in CS than GA

Happens in both modes consistently. When I was playing CS it became particularly troublesome in defending those middle ground objective locations. Still no response from the devs if they are even aware of it and or a fix is being looked at. Unfortunately, this bug will likely carry over into the next CS map(s).
    #StarWars-y
  • UrbanGlitch
    3214 posts Member
    I've found that it's a lot more prevalent in CS than GA

Happens in both modes consistently. When I was playing CS it became particularly troublesome in defending those middle ground objective locations. Still no response from the devs if they are even aware of it and or a fix is being looked at. Unfortunately, this bug will likely carry over into the next CS map(s).

@F8RGE @EA_Charlemagne any word on this?
  • It annoys me a lot. I'm one of those people who uses the rader equipment to look for enemies. It's hard to not to use the rader independently.
    pija5nbcgaah.jpg
    "This is a mission of peace. I put my faith in diplomacy. We can't solve all of our problems by throwing troops at them."
    -Padmé Amidala
  • UrbanGlitch
    3214 posts Member
    It annoys me a lot. I'm one of those people who uses the rader equipment to look for enemies. It's hard to not to use the rader independently.

Same, I tend to focus on my radar more than looking at the screen (surprisingly works really well for me), so constantly having a red blip on the radar that is a team mate, not an enemy is soooooo frustrating. Many a time an enemy is hiding in the red blip of a friendly vehicle and getting me killed
  • Lee1981
    1985 posts Member
    It annoys me a lot. I'm one of those people who uses the rader equipment to look for enemies. It's hard to not to use the rader independently.
    So basically your like everyone else then
  • UrbanGlitch
    3214 posts Member
    Lee1981 wrote: »
    So basically your like everyone else then

Questionable.....the amount of times I've seen Youtubers get constantly killed by surprise even though the enemy that killed them was on the radar, is staggering
  • Just a friendly reminder that friendly vehicles and teammates who man turrets show as an enemy on the radar. This red shading on radar creates problems for those of us who use the radar for some situational awareness. It would be appreciated if we could get a response if this is being addressed.bbppufiy6ih1.jpg
    #StarWars-y
  • UrbanGlitch
    3214 posts Member
    Thanks for the bump
  • bfloo
    15738 posts Member
    DarthCapa2 wrote: »
    LOTR2013 wrote: »

they suppose to have fixed it, but its still broken.

Is this another of the fixes that they broke again when they did the next patch?
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Thanks for the bump

Sure. Have another. Would like to know if this is being fixed.
    #StarWars-y

Seconded.
    Perhaps replace it with an icon like the one used to indicate vehicles on the scoreboard?
    PSN: Agent_TSCX
    Join me, and together we will rule the Galaxy!
  • Need a fix for this please.
    #StarWars-y
  • UrbanGlitch
    3214 posts Member
    Was just about to try and find this thread to bump again.
    Just had a game of GA on Hoth, this bug was still rife. Was trying to enter the hangars and saw my radar go red, turned and saw a friendly AT-ST instead, so I carried on.....radar went red again behind me, I ignored it as I thought it was just the AT-ST.....nope, it was an enemy rebel that had flanked us.
    This bug is harming gameplay! @F8RGE please fix this!
  • Was just about to try and find this thread to bump again.
    Just had a game of GA on Hoth, this bug was still rife. Was trying to enter the hangars and saw my radar go red, turned and saw a friendly AT-ST instead, so I carried on.....radar went red again behind me, I ignored it as I thought it was just the AT-ST.....nope, it was an enemy rebel that had flanked us.

Been there too often. It happens when teammates man turrets as well.

If this was a hero specific bug/feature or talking about the game impacting ability for heroes to wear or not wear a hood or the shading of hero lips, then we might have gotten a response.
    #StarWars-y
  • Was just about to try and find this thread to bump again.

Been there too often. It happens when teammates man turrets as well.

If this was a hero specific bug/feature or talking about the game impacting ability for heroes to wear or not wear a hood or the shading of hero lips, then we might have gotten a response.

It’s too true, if it was a problem only affecting heroes, it would’ve been addressed and fixed by now
  • Does this happen with Tauntauns? I never paid attention to that, usually I’m too focused on the AT-ST’s and starfighters.
  • Does this happen with Tauntauns? I never paid attention to that, usually I’m too focused on the AT-ST’s and starfighters.

I believe that it does, yes
  • This bug has actually been with us since Battlefront 2015. I remember it was introduced towards the end of the game. I don't know if it was an update to the Frostbite engine that caused it, but it seems to have leaked into this game as well
  • UrbanGlitch
    3214 posts Member
    Bump for bug fix
  • UrbanGlitch
    3214 posts Member
    Please fix @F8RGE
  • Please fix @F8RGE

At least recognize that it’s a bug and not a feature.
    #StarWars-y
  • RogueZeroRendar
    1107 posts Member
    edited June 4
    @LOTR2013

Thanks for reminding us that this BUG is also one of those day 1 bugs still out there. I'm getting together all BUGs from day 1 to make an incredible 2 year anniversary party for all of them. I don't want to miss any of these. We're in June, 5 months left until their birthday is here! I can't wait!
    Tired of BUGs?

Well, they'll still exist.
    But visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)
  • #StarWars-y
  • Bumped for situational awareness.
    #StarWars-y
  • Been in since LAUNCH. Nearly 2 years. Dice don't care
  • This bug is such a PITA.
    #StarWars-y
  • Thanks for posting. It really is a pain and it’s fix would be appreciated.