criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Focused Feedback: Hero Balance

Replies

• Evo911
    258 posts Member
    ID_8615 wrote: »
    @freshseth83 - I think that's well thought out, yes. 👍
    My only issue - those are great for Heroes vs Villains or Hero Showdown. In GA, it's completely wrecked the game as is. Buffing up the Heroes & Villains more will only further stymie attempts to play the actual objectives of a GA. GA is hardly playable as is with so many heroes gumming up all the 🚧🚧 choke-points 🚧🚧 of GA.

Absolutely. The scope of this thread is to balance heroes between them, not destroying GA which represent 90% of the game.
    To balance heroes or you buff a little the 1 or 2 weakest, or nerf a little bit the 1 or 2 strongest. Useless to rethink pages and pages for each individual heroes tweak.

There is 40 players in GA, 4 heroes must stay complementary.
    Currently I think the heroes are just on the upper limit in terms of inluence in the game.vs the grunts. This must be hold...if you balance heroes between them fine, but if it is finally to unbalance GA no way.

There is also several thread complaining about BF2 turning in heroes battle...
    36 posts Member
    I think everyone is balanced now haha except Anakin of course. I can imagine topping the scoreboard with any hero/villain and I could achieve top place multiple times. Some heroes are good against specific villains but weak against some others.
    Right now it's rock, paper, scissors in my view. It's pretty good. Just 1 thing I absolutely hate is that some characters like Chewbacca can shoot durring stun effects and that we can't run and swing our saber at the same time but instead the attack action button puts us into perhaps good looking animation but on the other hand unpractical too much time consuming stance.
    Very annoying when I'm chasing the escaping target player and I decide to swing saber but because I'm too far away I don't hit the target and my character stops and I can't move until the animation is over. Also when someone gets kicked, force pushed or pulled, that player is rolling on the ground on his back but we can't damage the player until he stands up and is allowed to block which is absolutely dumb. Sometimes not even blaster shots count at the enemies because of that.
  • Batman20
    1755 posts Member
    edited March 10
    Luke needs a buff maybe spped up the animation for repulse or at least increase the damage as of right now its kind of a pointless ability at least I never use it that often. Luke could also deal more damage with his saber swings. Maybe give han the ability to run with sharpshooter I always found it stupid that he has to walk so slow when that is activated. And in HvV it can take it a bit of time to delete it and try to roll to evade an enemy hero. Give maul and yoda a block as well to be honest they really should have one as once yoda or maul get trapped by multiple heroes they have no real way to protect themselves without a block
  • ID_8615
    689 posts Member
    Defbored wrote: »
    The fundamentals of the game mode have not changed since launch.

Deplorable now? Too many heros? It's been the exact same since launch.
    The fundamentals haven't changed??? As Jyn Erso once put it, "seriously"???

Try playing the objectives in GA now. In the last 4 updates with consecutive releases of Heroes, DICE has destroyed all that once was the purpose of GA.

• Deckard112 wrote: »
    !!! I DONT THINK MAUL NEEDS A BLOCK ANYMORE
    ...since the anakin Hotfix

People (including me) were very loud about giving maul a block lately. After playing everyday since the anakin Hotfix I might say he doesn’t need one tbh.

Yea he’s a ragdoll, but really only if you don’t know how to use his mobility to his advantage & if you’re not aware of your surroundings.

I think he deserves a block but after Anakin I really don’t trust the developers anymore.

I’m scared they will nerf Mauls mobility and give him stamina when they give him a block, which would be the death of him.

So I’d say just make his F ability go through blocks, fix his throw, increase base dmg & health a tiny bit, and he’s good.

Believe me since the anakin Hotfix it ain’t that bad anymore, just never stop moving & always be one step ahead of everybody.

Your post just seems to reek of something desperately disingenuous. Just a quick read through and it becomes apparent you have ulterior motives or something else going on here. Literally the only thing that Anakin Hotfix addressed was the one-shot from near infinite range. Besides that, nothing has improved for maul and he still is frankly trash and can't beat any other equally skilled saber Hero who can block, with virtually no chance against anakin. It's been a broken concept since launch and will continue to be until it's addressed.

His overrated "mobility", which is entirely his dash attacks, doesn't go hand in hand with receiving a nerf if he gets a block. It should be a flat buff maul receives and a substantial one at that. If you are considering him to become OP with a normal block with no drawbacks besides maybe less blaster fire deflection, then you clearly haven't played Anakin enough to see even then they're still on entirely different power level spectrums. If anything Maul could use more buffs before he's even remotely a challenge to Anakin, or a competitive pick in GA.

It's a must at this point. No stupid back flip, No block breaker, and definitely not some useless block that goes on CD. He needs a block that's the opposite of Anakins, great against sabers, less so against blasters. It's totally in line with his character. Yoda should get a totally default block as well.

Hm... I gotta say you convinced me what giving him the opposite block of anakin.
    Make Maul great again.
  • ID_8615
    689 posts Member

Try playing the objectives in GA now. In the last 4 updates with consecutive releases of Heroes, DICE has destroyed all that once was the purpose of GA.

Unless you have hard data to show me, you're wrong. I've played plenty of games that make it through the last phase or through a couple phases. The only times game end in the first phase is because the losing team is getting stomped. Has nothing to do with too many heros.

LOL...!! You honestly believe that??

3~4 weeks ago---building up to Ani's release---one of the hot topics in these forums were threads about Game Balance; that one side was often too strong, that the algorithm favored letting players play 3 GAs as a winning/losing team before swapping them around in order to further sales of upgrades. Everyone had their hopes built up on the Anakin release resolving all that; it's pretty obvious the Dev Team either didn't care about the balance issue or thought Anakin would rectify this unbalance by himself.

Well, in any event, that didn't happen. Anakin just exacerbated the issue further. And, now, GA queues are DOWN. Patently so. It's becoming rarer to see a full game of 40 players in GA. Used to be 100% guarantee; now it's no longer the case.
    Our team got rolled the other day on Yavin 4. The DS had 3 heroes a Dark Trooper, and another officer in the Top 5 finishing screen. Our Rebel team was playing down 5 players: 3 absentees and 2 ghost, inactive players. Yeah, we got to the last phase of GA, but it wasn't because the Imperials were great at playing the objectives---they had +5 players to spare at any given time.

Of late, all my recent GA games have been akin to that. One side absolutely steam-rolling the other. GA fundamentals are gone. It's no longer about playing the objectives. DICE ought to see this by now.
  • Liz4rD
    996 posts Member
    Luke needs a buff desperately:

- More base damage on saber strikes
    - Damage reduction inherent when executing Repulse (to be more solid on GA -crowd control- and reliable in HvV)
    - More damage reduction when Dash

Darth Maul:

- Damage reduction when dash
    - Reliability on his saber strikes and maybe a lil buff on its base damage

Han Solo:

- Make his shoulder charge useful

Phasma:

- his staff strikes and health linked to it are ridiculous

Chewbacca:

- Health on kill linked to his Slam was not a good idea

Anakin:

- Balance him somehow. He is a character too way easy to use taking in account the powerful he is. He should be more difficult to use or the damage he deals should be distributed in other way across their abilities, but NO NERFING.

Leia:

- Buff a little his damage reduction or reduce his E11 cooldown time

Lando:

- Reduce his Longshot cooldown time or buff a lil its damage

Iden:

- Make his force shield resistant to saber strikes

Rey:

- Her Dash must break blocks
    - Give her inherent damage reduction when dashing

Yoda:

- Pressence must free from inmobilizing effects (not himself but when used on his allies) and must give him damage reduction (to make the ability somewhat like Vader's Focused Rage)

• ID_8615
    689 posts Member
    edited March 10
    Anakin's Retribution still needs to dialed back. It's difficult enough to parry in HvV, let alone in GA.
  • ZmanGames wrote: »
    "Hero Balance Suggestions"

Well thought out post, I hope Dev's take heed.
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • just an idea but what if once you pick a hero in GA it cant be picked again for the rest of the game? basically if someone picks Anakin and they die Anakin cant be picked for the rest of that game. BP prices for heroes would need to be the same if this happens and there would probably need to be a hero que so bad players dont waste heroes and maybe even set the price for heroes higher maybe 5 to 5.5k otherwise this would make people be a bit more strategic with there heroes and overpowered heroes wouldn't be able to be spamed.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000
  • Lee1981
    1953 posts Member
    edited March 11
    unit900000 wrote: »
    just an idea but what if once you pick a hero in GA it cant be picked again for the rest of the game? basically if someone picks Anakin and they die Anakin cant be picked for the rest of that game. BP prices for heroes would need to be the same if this happens and there would probably need to be a hero que so bad players dont waste heroes and maybe even set the price for heroes higher maybe 5 to 5.5k otherwise this would make people be a bit more strategic with there heroes and overpowered heroes wouldn't be able to be spamed.
    Or they could just nerf Anakin a bit more then that would solve the problem
  • jonci
    998 posts Member
    no hero character needs any sort of further nurfing, Yoda could do with jump buff and block, (including palpatines lightning).
  • Ps4VaderMain
    211 posts Member
    edited March 11
    In Galstic Assault all Heroes should one shot infantry. If you don't want everyone to play Anakin/ other heroes that can one shot. Make all Lightsabers 1 shot infantry. 150 damage minimum please.
  • IntazellTane
    31 posts Member
    edited March 11
    Kylo Ren: in general his animations need to be faster (he gets shot/hit while using pull/freeze 2 many times)! Also could use something to get through block (the 3 hits from frenzy dont rly do that much)
    Luke Skywalker: needs a buff both in GA and HvV.
    Darth Vader: choke needs dmg reduction (~50%) also his middle ability should make him do more saber hit dmg(up to 150 to Troopers and mby also to Heroes).
    Darth Maul: needs a buff/fix in both Ga and HvV ...mby give him a block bc getting pushed over ledges in HvV is annoying and since anakin and so on are just as strong as he is in Ga he needs a buff(on his choke hold to deal 150 against troopers with starcard).
    Leia Organa: needs a rework or strong buff /changes to her stun nade and E-11.
    Han Solo: balanced but his shoulder charge always hits 3 times instead of once.
    Boba Fett: needs rework.
    Finn (FN-2187): needs a bit of a buff in Ga and HvV (he isn't played only once in 25 matches MBY) .
    Rey: her Q should go through block and start with 150dmg against troopers.

In general buff saber dmg to 150 against troopers. Ty for makes this a topic btw :)

Edit: Bossk needs to not be able to regen to full hp since he got the starcard where he stands in his poisen and get hp (he can get back to full like this so its useless atm since u can just regen to full hp anyway)

Also HOK(HealthonKill) should be a passive so we can truly customize to our playstyle.
  • Ps4VaderMain
    211 posts Member
    edited March 11
    In Galatic Assault and Heroes Vs. Villians. Anakin and Darth Vader should have the same base health and same max health with purple star cards. Probably 800 base health and 1,000 with purple star cards. They should be opposites but very similar. Also should do same saber damage so both should 1 shot infantry somehow.
  • People will hate but im gonna say it. Anakin is still too strong! Heroic might is a lazy ability and looks so corny seeing him get shot to hell and slashed by lightsabers to then just wipe the feild with everyone with 1 button push no aim required? Also retribution's radius is stupidly big i feel the radius for this should be the same as luke's repulse.

I love all the heroes and i feel that most of them are very well balanced by now if you ignore the endless bugs this game has.
    But Anakin is still too OP not because of damage dealt but just because of the sheer radius its 360° and has a huuuge range. These two abilities are constantly in use so all you see is anakin jumping around in GA clearing the map with his 2 abilities that require no aiming or any form of skill!

IMO not balanced

I would much rather have fun learning how to skillfully play a balanced hero than play one that can just clear his whole vicinity of enemies without even trying.

ye i think his Heroic might should be changed to another saber ability like this 1.
  • greedo1980
    711 posts Member
    edited March 11
    Simple request.

If you aren't giving any other force users a fourth ability then remove retribution from the game.

One hero having that ability while two others don't even have an ability to block sabers - not that you can block retribution anyway - is not in the interest of game balance.
  • My takes on the necessary balancing of the Light side Heroes. Starting with the Wookie. Gleam what you will from it @F8RGE.

Chewbacca

This wookie warior is a formidable foe in HvV, but completely underpowered and overshadowed by his cheaper brethren in GA. His bow caster is best used at medium to close range but with just 150 regen he gets shredded by infantry in a way I haven’t seen on any other Hero.

First things first. Chewbacca needs higher base HP and higher regen. Raise his base HP to 750. Set his HP regen to 300. Remake “Ground Breaking” into a basic HOK not tied to his charge slam. It’s that simple, he goes from the absolute worst Hero in the game into total game changer actually worth picking from time to time.

His “Shock Grenade” as is, is pretty much useless against infantry where in almost every situation its better to just shoot them instead. I’d say give the ability an inherent slow to a target afflicted that lasts for 5 seconds.

From there it’s a matter of fixing and remaking worthless star cads.

“Shocked and vulnerable” Which is a 9% increase to damage taken from all sources is a joke when you consider the overall duration has been severely nerfed, and Dooku’s is up to 40% with his relevant cards for a much longer duration.

Scrap it completely and turn it into: “Sapped Strength”: After shocking a target with “Shock Grenade” Chewbacca receives 75% damage reduction for the next 5,6,7,8 seconds. A competitive card to be sure to the undoubted meta of Extra HP, Furious Bowcaster Damage reduction, and the HOK.

”Slammed” which is 50 bonus damage to targets within half the radius of charge slam is just a bad concept, you select this card in the first place to kill Heavy’s in one shot, but it’s useless when it comes to large groups because even if they’re in range its only the guy your actually directly on top of that feels the full effect.

It should simply be a flat increase or remade totally, because honestly, even if you just did that nobodys running this over the previously described meta. So to change this, turn the card into “Wookie Berseker”. When Chewbacca’s Charge Slam affects 5,4,3,2 targets it’s cool down is instantly reset.

“Extended Shock” After the Nerf’s to Hard Stuns this star card still makes little noticeable impact. I suggest remaking this card into a slow that reduces afflicted targets movement speed by an additional 2,3,4,5 seconds duration.

There, with a card line-up like this expect to see players not running the same deck 24/7. Theres a build for maximizing charge slam, the bow caster, and even the shock grenade now. Instead of the usual “HOK, Bowcaster dmg reduction, Increased HP, or Bowcaster Increased duration per kill.
    xnvLDB.gif
  • Lando Calrissian

Lando Underperforms in GA anywhere other than near some bodyguards or when you need too suicide rush another Hero for a potentially cheap kill. Otherwise He’s second only to Phasma and Chewbacca in GA, and that’s to say, not good.

First off his base stats, namely his Regen needs some improvement. Increase it to 200. Make his blaster pistol deal 10 more damage at all ranges. 90 damage at close range, 70 at long for head shots. 50 damage for body shots up close, and 40 at range. Not totally outgunned by infantry up close and enough damage to effectively engage at range, as well as not being made of paper in actual gunfights.

The only ability that underperforms and is frankly outright worthless is lando’s “Smoke Grenade”. Infantry are basically unaffected by it in the slightest, and have no trouble seeing and shooting Lando through it. It’s only real use is to throw it and run in the other direction, or use it to haphazardly disable saber lock on. It needs some base traits to make it any good or even worth running star cards on.

Additional Effects: Targets Caught in Lando’s Smoke Grenade are slowed by 50% and Take 10% more damage from Lando. While in his smoke Grenade Lando Receives a passive 40% Damage Reduction to blaster fire only.

If the above changes are fully or partially implemented it won’t be necessary to change any of his star cards. Each seems to compliment his 3 abilities well.
    xnvLDB.gif
  • Princess Leia

Is a decent Blaster Wielder that suffers from some lack luster abilities, and by extension some star cards. Namely it’s her flash grenade and squad shield. They’re basically worst/better versions of the infantry variants and still not really worth running any star cards for. Squad shields in general are prime real-estate for most enemy Heroes who’s easily bully friendlies out, including leia, and can penetrate the shield with some of their attacks giving them a safe Haven to push up. This is especially the case for emperor palpatine.

My Changes:

Squad Shield
    Leia’s squad shield now automatically comes with the Bonus HP from the relevant star Card “Shield Durability”, and the decreased CD from “Optimized Shield Deployment” is simply being eliminated as an effect.

These Cards are being converted into “Hold The Line” and “Respite” instead.

“Shield Durability” converted too “Hold The Line
    Princess Leia’s Squad shield prevents enemies from entering and grants 30, 35, 40, 45% damage reduction to abilities that would otherwise pierce the shield.

“Optimized Shield Deployment” converted to “Respite
    While inside Princess Leia’s squad shield allies are healed 4,6,8,10 HP in 3 second intervals, includes permanent damage suffered by Heroes.

Flash Grenade
    Leia’s flash Grenade needs more debilitating effects on afflicted targets otherwise it’s not good enough to warrant running any cards for. To circumvent this:

Add a slow effect to it comparable to the officer flash grenade before it was nerfed, and slightly increase the abilities range.

The relevant star cards still aren’t competitive picks to the meta even with this potential buff, so change “Blinding Reveal which highlights affected targets into a default trait for the ability and make the card disable the targets abilities for a short the duration 1,2,3,4, seconds. Call it “Crippling Flash” or whatever you think works best.

With these changes leia definitely goes from middle of the pack to top tier, I’d actually bother getting her blue carded and buy that 80k skin.
    xnvLDB.gif
  • Luke Skywalker

Luke Skywalker is not balanced with 200 regen, even with the faster recovery speed, he is hands down the easiest saber Hero to kill in Galactic assault by a wide margin. Being the resilient Jedi master that he is, this needs to change.

Stat Changes:
    Give him +100 regen flat out and remove his decreased regen delay(reintroduced later).
    Repulse needs an inherent 50% damage reduction. The animation is too long, too immobilizing, and frankly too easy to dodge. Using it in a group of troopers almost always means taking massive damage.
    His saber damage should be increased to 125.

This alone would put Luke in a way better spot than he is now, but he too has quite a few worthless paper weight star cards as well that need modifying.

”Epicenter”
    Like Chewbacca’s “Slammed” card, this should instead be reverted into a flat increase to repulses damage output (170), which still doesn’t one-shot a Heavy. Nobody’s running this card otherwise, it’s that simple.

Deflection Mastery
    The Card is bugged or doesn’t make a remotely noticeably impact on deflects, been this way since launch frankly. I say scrap it all together in favor of this: Deflections Heal Luke 5 HP at a rate limit of 2, 1.5, 1, and .5 seconds. Very Competitive Card.

Jedi Fighter
    Currently it gives Luke just 10% less stamina drain, it’s frankly another terrible star card nobody would run, even with the coming saber changes. I’d say alter this to a damage increase star card 10, 15, 20, 25.

Rush Immunity
    Currently it gives just 15% damage reduction on every rush, for 3 seconds. It’s bad, and at best negligible. Change it into ”Defensive Rush”. Where preforming a “Rush” will reduce the Health regen delay by 1,2,3,4 seconds. Should be instant when purpled.

Stronger Push
    Great card for HvV, pretty useless in GA, I suggest adding a slight stun so targets don’t immediately recover. Should be a flat .7 second duration with this card enabled.

Strong Repulse
    In light of some of these other options, I’d give strong repulse better values.
    Instead of 10, 20, 25, 30% increase to repulses range. Increase it to 20, 30, 40, 50%.

There, Luke is near, or at Anakin level without any cheap one-shots like so many like to complain about and with Star Cards that aren’t real clear no-brainers and actualy present a tough choice.
    xnvLDB.gif
  • Han Solo

Han is not a balanced Hero. Half of his kit is so situational it’s bordering on broken. The meta near everybody runs is “Air Burst”, “HOK”, and Heavily Modified Blaster, in GA. I mean why not, they’re really the only cards that augment his high base blaster damage and his unique-versatile grenade. Pretty much all he has got going for him. I’ll break it down why as we go along.

First some stat changes:
    +50 regen and increase base damage of his “Sharp Shooter” bolts to be that of his base blaster, the ability should simply be a flat fire rate increase.

Ability Changes:
    Shoulder Charge
    In either mode, this move is trash if used offensively. It’s single target, hard to steer, with a very narrow hit box, and knock down is not guaranteed. Not worth running any cards for besides the damage reduction and that’s just to run, might as well be a joke.

Remodel it: Should be the exact mirror of Geivious’s Claw rush. Same Hit box, same increasing damage per target hit, same inherent 50% damage reduction on the ability

“Sharp Shooter” Needs the movement penalty on the ability to be lifted or base damage reduction needs to be applied because without either your just a sitting duck in most scenarios making this ability, again, too situational and rightfully underused and understandably pretty obsolete in GA.

Useless/Under used Star Card changes:

“Keep Your Head Cool”
    “Head Shot Kills allow han to fire his blaster without overheating.” Clearly meant for GA and simply outclassed by his meta star cards. Wouldn’t even run this if HOK wasn’t mandatory.

Change: Han Solo Has increased Health regeneration: 40, 50, 60, 70. Competitive Card.

Frankly the rest of his cards would be viable if his other two abilities were more user friendly, I see no need for additional changes.
    xnvLDB.gif
  • Finn
    Finn is one of the better Heroes in GA thanks to his useful buffs to his allies, So I wouldn’t change much other than his HOK card placement and the movement penalty on “Big Deal”.

Covert Leader
    When defeating an enemy during “Under Cover Team” Finn Heals 20 HP for troopers, and even more for enemy Heroes.

Change to: Powerhouse
    When Defeating an enemy trooper During Big Deal Finn Heals 20 HP, and even more for villians.

Other Star Card Changes:

Come Get It: Head Shots while Big Deal is active will extend it’s duration.

Change: Dealing Damage while “Big Deal” is active will extend it’s duration by 4,6,8,10%. Very competitive card compared to it’s current near obsolete form.

Otherwise Finn has a decent card line-up that I wouldn’t completely change one way or another.
    xnvLDB.gif
  • Yoda

Grand Master Yoda performs nowhere near as well as his status would other wise indicate. It’s primarily a case of not having access to a saber block that holds him back the most. Due to his small size and hit box he’s fares well against blaster users with average aim, but as soon as another villain steps onto the field you have to retreat or sign onto some serious permanent damage.

On the off chance you win the fight against kylo ren, Vader, Greivious, or Maul, even those of average skill it would’ve almost always have been a better option to let your buffed grunts mop the floor with them instead.

General Changes:

Yoda receives a toggle-able block, when his lightsaber is active Yoda will deflect lightsaber strikes. When deactivated Yoda will block force attacks and blaster bolts instead.

Dash Strikes No longer penetrate block, but yoda gains an additional dash strike charge.

Increase the Base Damage of “Unleash” against infantry to 150, It now charges to a Maximum of 300 damage. I get why HOK was placed on this since he can buffer everyone’s HP, but unleash is inconsistent at killing to say the least.

Star Card Changes

“Enduring Presence:”
    “Presence is Active for a Longer Duration.” It’s a card no self respecting yoda would slot. If anything you want a less active duration on presence so it can go on cooldown faster and thus be available much more rapidly.

Change:
    Presence Provides brief Damage reduction for Yoda before going back on Cool Down. 12, 14, 16, 18 %. Can Be Stacked with “Jedi Mentor”.

Lightsaber Mastery: Yoda’s attacs drain 15% less stamina.

Change:
    See’s little use, so Assuming Yoda does receive a block, it increases both his absorb, block, and attack stamina by 10, 15, 20, 25%.

Opposing The Dark Side: 16 damage increase to enemy Villians.

Change: It becomes a flat buff to Yoda’s saber damage. Increasing by 10, 15, 20, and 25.

Unleashed The minimum size of unleash is increased by 25%

Change The are of effect on Unleash is increased by 25%, both the maximum and minimum.

Agility: Yoda can perfom a fourth Dash attack, but the recharge rate is slightly increased.

Change: Yoda gains one extra Dash attack and two extra dodges. They all recharge 45% slower

With these general Changes Yoda becomes a force to be reckoned with, and has a star card line-up I challenge anyone here to come up with a clear meta for.
    xnvLDB.gif
  • Rey

Rey is one of the better than average heroes, but still not without some serious faults, namely, her mind trick. In galactic assault I want synergy between a Heroes kit if I’m to call them balanced, and right now mind trick is the odd man out, and as such the relevant star cards. Let’s break this meta of “Far Sight”, “Focused Sight”, and the HOK with other viable options.

General Changes:
    Stats: +50 Regen. Light saber Damage increased to 120.

Insight: Somewhat of a nerf.
    Some updates ago insight alerted the enemy when they were being wall hacked with a white outline around them. Bring this back. It’s a counter to rey doing nothing but being pure radar for the enemy, and lessens the ensuing slaughter you and your team are walking into. I think it’s a fair revert. Helps break the current tired old meta as well.

Mind Trick:
    Mind trick at best is an overly situational ability best saved for an enemy Villain, not focused on you, and preferably not a force sensitive because they can force jump in addition too dodging over and over again until the duration has ended, then engage. Against infantry it’s even clunkier to use in combat since:
    A. There’s a long unprotected immobilizing effect attached to it in which you take massive damage or get stunned.
    B. Your better off attacking with your saber from behind anyways since you probably got the drop on them with insight in the first place.

Changes: 3 possible.
    Mind trick can be used while on the move much like Idens stun. When targets are available rey can activate the ability and instantly hinder them. The animation plays similar to her insight. Preferred Change.

Rey receives passive damage reduction while in the casting animation for mind trick (70%)

Rey can immediately dodge to cancel the animation of mind trick.

If you have a better idea, please do share it, until then this ability will never be an actively part of her kit, and the relevant cards worthless outside some limited situations in HvV. It’s that simple.

Star Card changes/improvements:

Resilient Dash: 40% Dmg reduction on Dash Strike

Dash Strike strike on its own is good enough, and 90% of the time followed up into a second strike. Your also moving at a rate that makes it difficult to be hit in the first place. Again a far too situational star card to see any wide spread use, needs to bring something more to the table to be a competitive pick and break the meta.

Change: 40% Damage Reduction on Dash strike and 3,4,5,6 seconds after the abilities use.

Damaging Strike: Rey will do more damage with Dash Strike for each target that is hit. 30%

Change: Activating Dash strike Increases Reys Damage by 15, 20, 25, 30 for for 4 seconds after ending dash strike. Competitive Card to be sure.

Opportunist: Rey deals 15 more damage to targets affected by “Mind Trick”.
    Again, Mind Trick itself is too situational to warrant frequent use, let alone this card.

Change: Targets affected by Mind Trick Deal 60, 70, 80, 90% less damage to Rey.

With improvements like these I’m sure we’d see a lot more Rey mains out there then at the last phase of Naboo or when the resistance is getting destroyed on Jaku. Please, give me a reason to ever play her again besides buffing a bad team.
    xnvLDB.gif
  • Obi-Wan Kenobi

Kenobi seems to have an identity crisis. What’s sold as a Jedi master specializing in Defense, is really just a poorly equipped offensive Hero with all the wrong tools. His Restrictive Mind Trick is simply an arguably worse version of Rey’s, with all the same pitfalls. His All out push up until recently was a near suicidal move, and His defensive rush is barely made passable with an increased damage star card. For GA, his only saving grace is a Regen Card that allows him to recover nearly half his HP, and boy, does he need it. Slow light saber strikes all but guarantee easy dodges by combating infantry. It’s an uphill battle the moment he’s spawned in.

Despite matching and eventually defeating Anakin on Mustafar, Kenobi is just totally overshadowed by his apprentice in this title, and that needs to change.

General Changes:

Restrictive Mind Trick:
    Obi-wan can target enemies with his restrictive mind trick similar to Idens stun droid. He Can walk and sprint while scanning for potential targets.

Or, if that’s not possible Obi-wan should take 50% less damage while in the cast animation for “Restrictive Mind Trick”.

Targets afflicted by Restrictive Mind trick have their weapons overheated.

The Base duration of Restrictive Mind Trick is increased by 1 second.

All-Out Push:
    While Charging his All out Push Kenobi cannot be staggered or other wise interrupted when casting much like with Anakin’s “Heroic Might.”

Defensive Rush:
    Obi-Wan is less sensitive to damage when using his defensive rush. 50%.

Star Card Changes:

Perfect Defense: 40% Block Stamina.
    Buffs: Obi-Wan becomes statically resistant to damage while blocking (25, 30, 35, 40%)

Give It All: All-Out Push has longer bash range. 2 Meters.
    Buff: All Out Push has a wider attack angle 10,15,20,25.

Think It Over: Enemies are affected by Restrictive Mind Trick for a longer time.

Change: Enemies affected by restrictive Mind Trick deal 30, 40, 50, 60% less damage.

Critical Deflection: Blaster Shots Deflected by Defensive Rush do more Damage. 50.

Change: Deflected Blaster Shots by Obi-wan Deal more Damage. 20, 30, 40, 50.

Kenobi I feel is on a more appropriate level with these changes and now would have a competitive star card line-up that poses a difficult pick for players.

xnvLDB.gif
  • Hopefully if you come through on some actual fixes to some of these design issues plaguing a lot of these other Heroes we can get back to "Maining" what we personally enjoy. Not what's good or "better". @F8RGE thanks for opening feedback on this.
    xnvLDB.gif
  • AbyssWatch3r
    4974 posts Member
    edited March 11
    It's also come to my realization that I glossed over some Dark-side characters. Mainly due to my own bias of not playing them as often(never). I'll post an addendum to those relevant.
    xnvLDB.gif
  • Wow @AbyssWatch3r you've obviously put a lot of thought into all these and I just wanted to say "thanks"!
    I don't know whether I would agree with everything you said, because I don't have enough experience with heroes yet.

However, props for some really well made arguments, particularly on some of the heroes like Leia.
    Having maxed out my troopers, I've been working on leveling up my heroes in HvV and some of them are much harder to use than others, due to their mix of powers and cards - Leia being a prime example of this.

She's great working in support of her teammates from a distance, but the minute any villains get up close, it's pretty much game over unless your team comes to save you...
    I know I probably haven't got the hang of dodging saber heroes with blaster characters, but her "blinding" flash grenade may as well be a tin of dog food, for all the difference it makes!
  • Maul and Yoda need Saber Blocks v Other Saber Heroes. I wouldn't mind giving Palpatine a Block similar to Yoda's/the way he could block in BF15

Leia could use a substantial buff for HvV, she's outclassed by every other blaster. Her shield is useless outside of GA and has very few niche uses their. The flash grenade is worse than an officer's and doesn't do damage. Her charged shot and E-11 are good, but other blaster heroes have abilities and weapons that outclass these in HvV.

Han: Highest DPS, Nuke Ability
    Chewy: Shots Can't be blocked, stun ability
    Lando: Stun Ability and Lock On
    Finn: Ally Buffs + Lock On/Infinite Ammo
    Liea: Infinite Ammo + Semi-Tracking Shot

I think we should give her grenade a little more oomph, possible let it knock people off their feet like Count's lightning does as well as say ~50 points chip damage.

The shield is next to useless. Biggest issue with it is that she can't shoot out of it, which is a death sentence if a saber villain rounds the corner while you're camped in the bubble, so I typically never use the ability in HvV. Not sure why this feature was removed from it, as she could shoot out of it in BF15. At least Lando's smoke has limited utility when making retreats, but the shield is just bad. If the shield could buff allies with shorter cooldowns, allow them to regen health quicker, or possibly stun enemies within its radius ala Phasma's droid, it would be much more useful. Just adding 1 of those functions to it would increase her use significantly.
  • Ps4VaderMain
    211 posts Member
    edited March 11
    In galatic assault make every lightsaber hero 1 shot infantry at at least 150 damage please! Honestly getting tired of advocating for this smh. . .
  • Liz4rD
    996 posts Member
    More or less the general message is the same on the same characters and same buffs, so I really hope devs take good note and make something with the feedback given.
  • Every character needs at least 250 or 300 health regen. This should be a mandatory. It's sad that it's not and one cheesy vanguard can take you out or a couple stray shots that lag into you after you've rolled behind cover (can't tell you how many times that happens) take you out. They all need a health buff too. Especially blaster heroes. The one that needs it most is probably Chewie. He should have at least 700 default health and his star card should make it jump to 900 or more. He's a big fuzzy teddy bear in GA right now and you're lucky to get double digit kills with him. Wookie Warriors are better 9 times out of 10. I also don't understand how Han Solo only has 650 health. He's a man in his prime and he's probably the best shot in the Galaxy. The devs gave an auto aim ability to Lando instead, but his detonator makes up for it I guess. If it cooled a little faster he'd be a monster in GA. Really blaster heroes are made of paper. Every hero is. Clunky abilities are an attribute to all of them, even Anakin but at least he has a default damage reduction so you don't die instantly like Luke's repulse.
  • I was about to say this will be a bit old, but this thread is only three days old.

Anyway, I think Anakin is a bit unbalanced. I was playing as him on Geonosis HvV. First time I ever got to use him, so I was level 1 with no cards. Still had twice as many kills as anybody else on my team, and most points. Our team lost still, but I'm not sure I should have been able to get that many when everybody on the opposing team was level 40 or so.

Just played a game of HvV on Endor and Anakin (on the other team) had twice as many kills as anybody else. I got pulled out of the sky as Boba Fett from quite a ways away. Also the stuns (or knockdowns, whatever) seemed a little excessive as whenever I got knocked down I was basically dead because they would push me again, knocking me down and taking health, and I never got to move. Several times I got killed from full health without being able to attack or get away. I even had a game the other day where I was Luke (I think) and General Grevious knocked me over even though I was halfway into my jump already, so I couldn't get away there either.

Played another game earlier when I got Iden Versio on Kashyyyk fairly early, but Anakin took me down from full health to nothing in one of the juggernauts. It was a little bit frustrating.

Anyway, still enjoy the game, but I'm not sure I'm going to be playing HvV much because Anakin makes it not as fun anymore.
    PSN: riffraff169
    PC: lsd4568
  • Been looking at comments. Dooku definitely needs increased range on his lightning. Chewy can benefit from an actual health on kill card for GA/HvV respectively. Maul and Yoda need a lightsaber block. Luke could use a small buff for his lightsaber damage and Maul needs a lightsaber damage increase as well. Maul could also benefit from being able to throw his saber horizontally because it still hits only 40% of the time right now. Vader, who is still the chosen one, needs to be buffed to be either tankier or stronger in the force. Anakin is vastly overpowering Vader right now and they should be a bit more on an even level. Grievous still needs his unrelenting advance fixed. It doesn't even seem to block Han's blaster and Ive seen certain jedi aside from just anakin with passionate strike going through the swinging sabers!! That should not be allowed to happen.

Sorry for wall-o-text.
  • ghawar18
    828 posts Member
    edited March 11
    F8RGE wrote: »
    For this Focused Feedback thread we want to hear everything that you have to say on Hero Balance. We know this is a topic that many of you feel passionately about.

When detailing your feedback, please ensure that you make a note of whether it's in relation to Galactic Assault or Hero Modes.

Who do you think is balanced right now?
    Who do you think is too strong?
    Who do you think could do with a bit of a buff?

Look forward to reading what you have to say!

it is very difficult to talk about ALL who do not go with the hero

1 start by repairing saber bugs, how often my guard does not work, or the fact that I can not activate my guard after suffering damage by activating a skill

2 change the mechanics of the block,
    every time you are pushed back by a saber block, it is a risk of taking 3 saber shots or a power of strength, so putting your guard and waiting for his enemy to strike first gives a certain advent, and so you will find freak two saber facing each other with their gerde while waiting, which breaks the dynamism of the action.

3 remove hero radar in GA

4 Rework the old hero and the stastistics of some star cards

example:
    lando smoke
    han solo shoulder load
    leia shield
    phasma stick are so many ability that need to buff

Star cards are unbalanced, some will give you GA and HvV combat power, while others will only give you a low bonus in a specific situation.

do this before to buff/nerf hero
    Post edited by ghawar18 on
  • Defbored
    1236 posts Member
    Anakin is so freaken annoying. Why even try to go up against his as a saber hero? You block, he goes straight through it then chokes you to death.

I am forced to only used iden in ga.

Unless you have hard data to show me, you're wrong. I've played plenty of games that make it through the last phase or through a couple phases. The only times game end in the first phase is because the losing team is getting stomped. Has nothing to do with too many heros.

LOL...!! You honestly believe that??

3~4 weeks ago---building up to Ani's release---one of the hot topics in these forums were threads about Game Balance; that one side was often too strong, that the algorithm favored letting players play 3 GAs as a winning/losing team before swapping them around in order to further sales of upgrades. Everyone had their hopes built up on the Anakin release resolving all that; it's pretty obvious the Dev Team either didn't care about the balance issue or thought Anakin would rectify this unbalance by himself.

Well, in any event, that didn't happen. Anakin just exacerbated the issue further. And, now, GA queues are DOWN. Patently so. It's becoming rarer to see a full game of 40 players in GA. Used to be 100% guarantee; now it's no longer the case.
    Our team got rolled the other day on Yavin 4. The DS had 3 heroes a Dark Trooper, and another officer in the Top 5 finishing screen. Our Rebel team was playing down 5 players: 3 absentees and 2 ghost, inactive players. Yeah, we got to the last phase of GA, but it wasn't because the Imperials were great at playing the objectives---they had +5 players to spare at any given time.

Of late, all my recent GA games have been akin to that. One side absolutely steam-rolling the other. GA fundamentals are gone. It's no longer about playing the objectives. DICE ought to see this by now.

Your anecdotal evidence only tells me of your experience. My anecdotal evidence says something different.
  • Terranova4
    436 posts Member
    edited March 12
    Give Vader 50% damage reduction while using Choke or make it so he uses choked enemies as a frontal shield
  • Boba Fett needs a melee boost. No one uses it because it is clunky, and you use it like he is throwing a punch. It should be toggled, and it should be a very strong conflagration. It should be more powerful than his flamethrower ability was in Star Wars Battlefront 1 [2015.] I think that would help balance Boba Fett. Also add a Jengo Fett skin for him.
    “The force is with me and I am one with the force. I fear nothing because everything is as the Force wills it to be.” -Chirrut Imwe
  • ID_8615
    689 posts Member
    Obiwan's Force push and thermal detonators are still either going down stairs or through solid rock/marble wall.
  • Definitely buff Luke, just cause I know not everything we say is going to change but I’m sticking by Luke cause he’s definitely the weakest saber hero right now and deserves the most attention. A lot of these points are a combination of ones on other posts including this thread and I’ve seen that the community seems to agree with them.

Base Abilitites

- Increase base saber damage to 120 with +30 bonus
    - Repulse base damage increase to 150
    - Side note it should also give you an actual kill when you knock someone off a ledge with it like Anakins Heroic Might
    - Repulse should automatically give Luke at least 30-50% damage reduction during use especially since the animation is so long and can be blocked.
    - Rush should do 130 (should either drain more stamina when blocked or have half damage that isn’t blockable)
    - Push should do 150
    - Health regen should be 250-300 at least cause fast health regen does nothing when he takes so much damage from enemy heroes and infantry during his long animations for abilities.

Star card changes:

Jedi Fighter

Instead of Stamina Drain Decrease it should be an additional saber damage card of max of 15 giving him a total of 135 base damage with the buff mentioned above. His stamina is fine the way it is since you can use Rush to recover it quickly anyways and nobody actually uses this card with its current ability.

Epicenter

Should increase the max bonus damage to 60 instead of 40 and make so it’s the whole radius not just half. That’s a pointless addition to the ability no other damage increase card has a limitation of distance to target.

Rush Immunity

Should have a higher damage reduction max of 25%

Deflection Mastery

This card is pointless and doesn’t really work as intended.

Strong Repulse

Max area of effect increased to 40%

These changes to his star cards along with his base damage and abilities would make him very much more competitive in hero modes and GA when compared to other heroes and allow for a more fulfilling gameplay experience.
  • One thing that bugs me since launch is that Leia isn't able to deactivate her shield like every officer is. In HvV for example it's a death sentence if you put the shield down and a saber hero comes in. Your own shots will be blocked off and no other blaster hero can help you. I also wonder what happened to the plans of making her shield more useful?