criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission

Focused Feedback: Hero Balance

Replies

• ID_8615 wrote: »
    @F8RGE - for the love of JarJar, take Heroes / Villains out of GA!!!

Lmao, just ask for a trooper only mode or GA playable offline in Arcade. We all know that's what you're really after here. Too many Heroes are undeniably trash in GA if anything. You always see the same characters game after game. Lando, Chewbacca, or boba fett outside of phase 4 is almost non-existent.
    The only reasonable way to save GA is to remove all Heroes/Villains for the time being. The maps need a good deal of rework to truly accommodate heroes & villains. Whole new maps with new objectives (with unique objectives for heroes, unique objectives for the grunts) need to be rolled out if the current versions of heroes & villains are to be deployed together.

If hero players want to beat up grunts, I suggest they create a one-sided event for a group of heroes (or villains) to square off an ever increasing (& dangerous) waves of enemies. See how well you can beat the crud out of AI bots intent on preventing you from reaching an extraction point, or getting cargo from PointA to PointG or PointH.
  • Like on BF2015 - Vader had to keep his group of Snow Troopers alive against ever increasing waves of Rebels. Do the same thing, but let heroes team up (maybe give them their own pack of troopers to care for) and give the AI bots more variety of strategies and vary difficulty settings.
  • ID_8615
    787 posts Member
    edited March 13
    For example, have Vader, Bossk, & Dooku see if they can lead a strike team of commandos to retake the Imperial base on Endor post-Rebel assault. The closer they get to the base (& even more inside the base), the stronger the Rebel resistance becomes. Maybe even include air strikes, or an AI rebel hero or three? If they clear the base of Rebels, they win prestige and honor. If they die more than X-times, they lose.

Something like that.
  • Only Yoda should be able to block things that aren’t lightning, ie. push pull. The emperors lightning should get absorbed into unleash like dookus

giphy.gif
    As you were saying?
    "One may be outnumbered, but that doesn't mean they're outmatched."
  • F8RGE wrote: »
    For this Focused Feedback thread we want to hear everything that you have to say on Hero Balance. We know this is a topic that many of you feel passionately about.

When detailing your feedback, please ensure that you make a note of whether it's in relation to Galactic Assault or Hero Modes.

Who do you think is balanced right now?
    Who do you think is too strong?
    Who do you think could do with a bit of a buff?
    Look forward to reading what you have to say!

Most heroes and villains seem to balanced well at this point. Nothing really sticks out of place anymore. Vader and Luke could use some small power bumps.

Luke should probably have higher regen, or maybe change that one rush star card from 15% resistance to increasing the damage.

I think Vader should ideally also have Retribution like Anakin (or a similar building AoE 4th ability), it’d give him that umph he needs without being over the top.

Lando’s Smoke grenade could use a buff since the new reinforcement’s version seems better in the description. It should cancel abilities within the cloud or something?

Phasma could maybe get like a 50-100HP boost? She has to stay so stationary it wouldn’t hurt.

Don’t touch Anakin please, he is as he should be.
    jar-jar-binks-dancing-gif-3.gif
  • Defbored
    1548 posts Member
    I want to turn my Xbox on and play for a while...

But you know... anakin.
    Do you think your AT-ST can walk around with impunity waiting, guns pointed in the proper direction, for that one moment in time to rocket Ani-man?? And on Crait, it was Stage 2 where both Ani and Ben we're spawn-kill scumming the heck out of the First Order; neither had to pop up above ground from the tunnels.
    I survive a good while in an AT-ST and I've drained Anakin's health big time with them, on Crait. He's not invulnerable despite your continuous posts saying otherwise. If he's still alive during the fallback on the second stage the AT-ST is even better for Killing him. There's places to hide with them too if you're getting lit up. Of course some games you won't make it to the hangar but that's a streamroll regardless of Anakin or not.
  • I don’t really have any notes, except for four.
    1. Heroes should not be buffed to how they were in 2015, the levels they are at are generally fine.
    2. Maul’s spin should go through blocks like it used to.
    3. Iden’s blaster should qualify for blaster brain, since now it’s changed to the Pulse Cannon registering for that instead (I got three kills with her blaster, and two with the pulse cannon, and I went from 7/10 to 9/10 for the daily challenge).
    Other than that, I don’t really know about the ins and outs to discuss.
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • Unwarycoin wrote: »
    I don’t really have any notes, except for four.
    1. Heroes should not be buffed to how they were in 2015, the levels they are at are generally fine.
    3. Iden’s blaster should qualify for blaster brain, since now it’s changed to the Pulse Cannon registering for that instead (I got three kills with her blaster, and two with the pulse cannon, and I went from 7/10 to 9/10 for the daily challenge).

Heroes in BF2015 could take hit after hit after hit and still be alive. Stay still for 2 seconds with a hero in this game and you're dead. Not even one full cycle of an assault's blaster and you're dead. Heroes are pathetically weak in this game. In BF2015 they seemingly took less damage per shot vs regular infantry, that's not the case in this game. Heroes are easy to kill, very easy. Anakin is only slightly harder and should be the standard. The only thing that saves him is his two abilities with damage reduction and his high health. Take those away and he's any other weak-sauce hero like Luke who dies in seconds with 2 or more blasters on him.
    GA is just a deplorable setting now. Too many heroes / villains interfering with what used to be a fun game to play. Doesn't matter if it's Crait or Geonosis or the Death Star II, GA is all about who gets the most rodent kills as Hero-of-Your-Choice. Objects... ? what objective other than don't get slaughtered within 10 seconds by a Big_Name.. ? Such a joke of a game now.

Lmao, just ask for a trooper only mode or GA playable offline in Arcade. We all know that's what you're really after here. Too many Heroes are undeniably trash in GA if anything. You always see the same characters game after game. Lando, Chewbacca, or boba fett outside of phase 4 is almost non-existent.

Personally, I think an offline version of GA in Custom Arcade with the normal Custom Arcade settings would be good for both sides. Those who want to play as heroes (who normally can’t) against regular troopers on more interesting maps than the smaller-scale versions can do so. Those who don’t want to play in a hero-infested GA (in their opinion), can play in an offline GA and have the settings be troopers only, etc. One other plus to an offline version of GA in Custom Arcade would be that you could play as Vehicles offline to try them out or practice maneuvers (like taking down AT-ATs on Hoth in Snowspeeders).
    The main reasons why I don’t like BF2017’s Arcade as much as I like BF2015’s Arcade is because BF2017’s Arcade doesn’t allow you to play as Vehicles and because BF2015’s Arcade had offline versions of its largest modes.
    Add more Extraction and SA maps please!

What the ROADMAP should look like for 2019/2020:
    “Season” 4: Clone Wars Revival
    “Season” 5: Episode IX
    “Season” 6: Rogue One
  • ID_8615
    787 posts Member
    I survive a good while in an AT-ST and I've drained Anakin's health big time with them, on Crait. He's not invulnerable despite your continuous posts saying otherwise.

The point I will try to make for the 3rd time--is that smart Anakins never pop above ground for more than a few brief moments, if ever. You will never have a chance to train your guns on him.

Several Anakin players are now just hanging around spawn points for the easy kills.
    I survive a good while in an AT-ST and I've drained Anakin's health big time with them, on Crait. He's not invulnerable despite your continuous posts saying otherwise.

The point I will try to make for the 3rd time--is that smart Anakins never pop above ground for more than a few brief moments, if ever. You will never have a chance to train your guns on him.

Several Anakin players are now just hanging around spawn points for the easy kills.

It's not just smart "Anakins" but any hero in General, unless it's Leia behind a shield. The second phase is when you hit them and do it hard. While they're falling back they're easy pickings for an AT-ST. That's the time to get him before the heavies and snipers set up and start taking out your AT-ST. And like the other thread, you can one-shot a hero with a direct hit from it's missile.

Heroes in BF2015 could take hit after hit after hit and still be alive. Stay still for 2 seconds with a hero in this game and you're dead. Not even one full cycle of an assault's blaster and you're dead. Heroes are pathetically weak in this game. In BF2015 they seemingly took less damage per shot vs regular infantry, that's not the case in this game. Heroes are easy to kill, very easy. Anakin is only slightly harder and should be the standard. The only thing that saves him is his two abilities with damage reduction and his high health. Take those away and he's any other weak-sauce hero like Luke who dies in seconds with 2 or more blasters on him.

Even though heroes could take more hits in Battlefront 2015, they also could not regenerate health, so I actually prefer the Battlefront hero health system over the Battlefront 2015 One.
    “The force is with me and I am one with the force. I fear nothing because everything is as the Force wills it to be.” -Chirrut Imwe
  • Iceninja wrote: »
    Unwarycoin wrote: »

Even though heroes could take more hits in Battlefront 2015, they also could not regenerate health, so I actually prefer the Battlefront hero health system over the Battlefront 2015 One.

Bossk could lol, but it wasn't really needed because people would bacta bomb you and basically all their abilities were one-shot to troopers. You hit a rush with Luke and you'd decimate and entire hallway. Same with a push. This game it's nothing but roll spam and flash grenade or thermal detonator at their feet for an easy 200dmg while they roll through a saber strike lol.
    GA is just a deplorable setting now. Too many heroes / villains interfering with what used to be a fun game to play. Doesn't matter if it's Crait or Geonosis or the Death Star II, GA is all about who gets the most rodent kills as Hero-of-Your-Choice. Objects... ? what objective other than don't get slaughtered within 10 seconds by a Big_Name.. ? Such a joke of a game now.

There is no need of a mode without heroes, just put the max number of heroes available in Galactic Assault at 2. 4 are too many and ruin the balance. 2 it is the perfect number. Heroes need to stay because they are fun and an important part of the game, but without exaggerations. 2 is the perfect number. As in the beta.
  • It's not just smart "Anakins" but any hero in General, unless it's Leia behind a shield. The second phase is when you hit them and do it hard. While they're falling back they're easy pickings for an AT-ST. That's the time to get him before the heavies and snipers set up and start taking out your AT-ST. And like the other thread, you can one-shot a hero with a direct hit from it's missile.
    There is still Phase 3. Phase 3 has gotten incredibly hard for DS with Anakin not having to worry about vehicles. Luckily, matchmaking still puts out some really lopsided matches to help the DS out.

• awakespace wrote: »
    HoK is passive trait for all heroes (this includes Palp's Lightning Absorption and Iden's Friend in Battle becoming passive traits)

All saber users do minimum of 150 damage if hitting from behind

All blaster heroes get 50 more health regeneration

All heroes aside from Anakin get 50 more base health

Note: I'm adding some capacity to break through block to all saber users

Anakin:
    • Decrease retribution maximum damage to 250 (choke does 150 - final push does 100)

Luke:
    • 120 damage base
    • 120 Rush
    • Push damage to heroes increased from 90 to 120
    • Rush breaks through block partially causing 50 damage
    • Repulse does 150 damage and has 40% damage reduction during use
    • Buff his cards - Jedi Fighter stamina increase to 30%, Rush Immunity damage decrease to 50%, Deflection Mastery adds 25% damage to deflected shots

Rey:
    • Dash Strike breaks through block
    • Increase hero HoK from 60 to 100

Yoda:
    • Jump as high as basic Jedi (Rey, Kylo, Obi, etc.)
    • Push does 150 damage base and 300 at full charge
    • Yoda can block lightsabers with his lightsaber
    • Star Cards: Increase Jedi Mentor damage resistance to 10%, Opposing the Dark Side damage increase to 20

Obi-Wan:
    • Defensive Rush move speed increased - 25% faster
    • Able to jump out of Defensive Rush
    • Defensive Rush can be triggered while blocking
    • Defensive Rush will break through block
    • Mind-trick is reworked to stop all offensive capacity, abilities, and blocking - and only allow characters to run, jump, and dodge. If boba is on the ground he will not be able to startup his jetpack, but if he's in the air, it will not knock him out of the sky.

Maul:
    • Saber throw fixed to work exactly like it did at launch
    • Spin Attack partially breaks through block causing 75 damage
    • Base lightsaber attack does 110 damage
    • Choke Hold does 100 damage
    • Maul has 50% damage reduction during Choke Hold
    • Add ability to block force attacks like Yoda but not lightsabers or blasters

Kylo:
    • Pull has base damage of 50 (can be increased to 100 with card)
    • Frenzy fully breaks through block
    • Frenzy can be triggered while moving and/or blocking

Vader:
    • Choke does 150 damage
    • Vader has 50% damage reduction during Choke
    • Focused rage causes 150 damage per saber strike

Dooku:
    • Expose weakness allows Dooku (only Dooku) to partially damage through block at 40%
    • Lightning stun has increased range by 20%

Grievous:
    • Thrust Surge partially breaks block causing 100 damage but no knock down

Finn:
    • Big deal causes no running speed reduction
    • Regular HoK (not tied to Glie)
    • Undercover team Glie-44 breaks through block at 50% damage

Lando:
    • Increased damage of blaster slightly
    • Have less damage drop-off at range
    • Decrease recoil
    • Smoke slows opponents (similar to Palp's Dark Aura) and increase any damage taken by 25%

Leia:
    • Make shield inside area cause damage to villains who enter at rate of Bossk's Dioxis

Boba:
    • Concussion missile should cause 50 damage and cause knock down if it hits directly - if it is just splash it should function as it does now
    • Can recover if knocked out of the air - this works to recover from both explosions and from force powers - this is a 4th ability (triggered like Anakin's) - it has a 7 second cool down - it makes a mechanical click sound like he is repairing it - the ability takes 1 second to complete before Boba can fly again

Phasma:
    • Full HoK (not tied to only staff strikes)

Chewy:
    • Full HoK (not tied only to charge slam), but when defeating villains it only gives him 50 health (not 100)

I've gotta say, as much as I love playing as Anakin, he has completely ruined GA. So I'm amending my initial post.

Now in GA, lightside almost always wins - especially since they are defending in most maps - the mode is completely unbalanced now because of Anakin. The lightside was already really hard to break through at choke points with Yoda, Finn, Rey, and wookies. For instance Kamino's final phase was only possible if you were the clear better team, AND if you pushed really fast and coordinated. Now with Anakin, it is way worse.

And playing villains in GA is completely different now, because of Anakin - he can take them out in so many ways so quickly - yes it is fun to play as Anakin and kill villain after villain, but it's not nearly as fun to play as villains anymore in GA (again if your team is way better Anakin is manageable, but we should be shooting for balanced play here)

I would suggest two changes that I think would remedy the problem in GA and still leave Anakin as by far the best hero in the game (because people seem sooo insistent that he remains in his own tier of godliness). I still think all the other changes I suggested above would be needed for balance along with these two changes to Anakin.

Redemption (right now is essentially Kylo's old 5 second freeze, but 360, and does 430 damage):
    • Max damage of Redemption is 250 (150 during choke and 100 during push)
    • Choke duration is decreased by 40%

Passionate Strike:
    • Will only knock down a saber user if blocking, or any character if hit from behind - will not knock down non-blocking saber user or any other characters if hit from the front, it will just deal damage

I still don't understand why Anakin has to be the clear best character, and I think prior to Anakin heroes all had their niche - you couldn't really say that any were clearly better, just different - each had their place. Now Anakin is just flat out way better, but again people seem very adamant about him remaining this way.

If the goal was to actually balance him these additional changes would probably suffice:
    • Decrease Anakin's base health to 750
    • Change Tenacious from 200 extra base health to 100 extra health regeneration
    • Change Reprisal to max 100 health recovery per kill
    • Decrease Anakin's lightsaber blocking stamina even more

Even here he would still be clearly the best hero; with the fastest saber strikes and with the most damage delivered, with 4 abilities, with the best combos; but he would be closer to balanced. Again I know people seem not to want this.
    awakespace wrote: »
    HoK is passive trait for all heroes (this includes Palp's Lightning Absorption and Iden's Friend in Battle becoming passive traits)

Anakin:
    • Decrease retribution maximum damage to 250 (choke does 150 - final push does 100)

Luke:
    • 120 damage base
    • 120 Rush
    • Buff his cards - Jedi Fighter stamina increase to 30%, Rush Immunity damage decrease to 50%, Deflection Mastery adds 25% damage to deflected shots

Rey:

Yoda:
    • Star Cards: Increase Jedi Mentor damage resistance to 10%, Opposing the Dark Side damage increase to 20

Obi-Wan:
    • Mind-trick is reworked to stop all offensive capacity, abilities, and blocking - and only allow characters to run, jump, and dodge. If boba is on the ground he will not be able to startup his jetpack, but if he's in the air, it will not knock him out of the sky.

Maul:

Kylo:

Vader:
    • Choke does 150 damage

Dooku:
    • Expose weakness allows Dooku (only Dooku) to partially damage through block at 40%

Grievous:

Finn:

Lando:
    • Decrease recoil
    • Smoke slows opponents (similar to Palp's Dark Aura) and increase any damage taken by 25%

Leia:
    • Make shield inside area cause damage to villains who enter at rate of Bossk's Dioxis

Boba:
    • Concussion missile should cause 50 damage and cause knock down if it hits directly - if it is just splash it should function as it does now
    • Can recover if knocked out of the air - this works to recover from both explosions and from force powers - this is a 4th ability (triggered like Anakin's) - it has a 7 second cool down - it makes a mechanical click sound like he is repairing it - the ability takes 1 second to complete before Boba can fly again

Phasma:

Chewy:
    • Full HoK (not tied only to charge slam), but when defeating villains it only gives him 50 health (not 100)

I've gotta say, as much as I love playing as Anakin, he has completely ruined GA. So I'm amending my initial post.

Now in GA, lightside almost always wins - especially since they are defending in most maps - the mode is completely unbalanced now because of Anakin. The lightside was already really hard to break through at choke points with Yoda, Finn, Rey, and wookies. For instance Kamino's final phase was only possible if you were the clear better team, AND if you pushed really fast and coordinated. Now with Anakin, it is way worse.

And playing villains in GA is completely different now, because of Anakin - he can take them out in so many ways so quickly - yes it is fun to play as Anakin and kill villain after villain, but it's not nearly as fun to play as villains anymore in GA (again if your team is way better Anakin is manageable, but we should be shooting for balanced play here)

I would suggest two changes that I think would remedy the problem in GA and still leave Anakin as by far the best hero in the game (because people seem sooo insistent that he remains in his own tier of godliness). I still think all the other changes I suggested above would be needed for balance along with these two changes to Anakin.

Redemption (right now is essentially Kylo's old 5 second freeze, but 360, and does 430 damage):
    • Max damage of Redemption is 250 (150 during choke and 100 during push)
    • Choke duration is decreased by 40%

Passionate Strike:
    • Will only knock down a saber user if blocking, or any character if hit from behind - will not knock down non-blocking saber user or any other characters if hit from the front, it will just deal damage

I still don't understand why Anakin has to be the clear best character, and I think prior to Anakin heroes all had their niche - you couldn't really say that any were clearly better, just different - each had their place. Now Anakin is just flat out way better, but again people seem very adamant about him remaining this way.

If the goal was to actually balance him these additional changes would probably suffice:

Even here he would still be clearly the best hero; with the fastest saber strikes and with the most damage delivered, with 4 abilities, with the best combos; but he would be closer to balanced. Again I know people seem not to want this.

No don't decrease his health to 750 it's hard enough to stay alive in Glatic Assault as heroes.

I totally agree with your most heroes need a health increase and/or damage reduction. They are pathetic and overpriced for their weak power right now.
  • Ps4VaderMain
    211 posts Member
    edited March 14
    Hi. I play the game a lot. Here are my suggestions.

Vader, Bossk, Maul, Grievous, Phasma, Fin, Han, Chewie, Iden, Obi-wan, Kylo. All these heroes seem the most balanced right now to me.

The strongest character in the whole game is Anakin, Mainly his heroic might ability is too easy to spam and get kills with. I abuse it all the time in GA and get full health back everytime. Maybe make Anakin's resistance lower when he uses it to make it a more risky move to use and give it a longer cooldown, otherwise it is too broken. Another thing is Anakin has another force move that makes him over the top better than most which is his Retribution ability. Retribution is way too good and hard to counter because how instant it is, i suggest make it deal less damage because of how easy it is to abuse as well.

Notable characters that can be abused against infantry but are not too strong.
    Yoda: This one is simple. Yoda himself is fine but His presence ability with cards gives too much health to allies around him making him the worst in GA. Completely easy mode on chokepoints on certain maps like Naboo.

Palpatine: The range of his lighting is too far. Makes him safe to use with his mobility and easy to kills tons of people with.

Leia: Her blasters are great against Infantry but against villains she can die early, specially by using stuns on her. Her shield ability does nothing but gives villains the advantage because how the shield rewards damage being funneled inside, so her shield makes her dead weight when she uses it. Please give her shield something or change it entirely.

Luke: Needs to get more health back with HoK card.

Boba: Runs away too much. This is only a problem in HvV. I suggest making his Jetpack slower if hit for a brief amount of time and buffing his health a lot or something like that.

Dooku: I have a hard time getting his saber attacks to connect sometimes. Specifically in lightsaber duels when someone is getting stunned from my block, he can't do a followup attack like most lightsaber heroes.

That is all my feedback and suggestions. I hope you guys find it helpful because i would love to see the game succeed. :blush:

Yeah theh need to nerf his presence ability. It gives way too much health for troopers. It is OP.
  • SrawDawg wrote: »
    Its honestly tough to say at this point, the mix has been altered so many times since November 2017 that I just don't know. Some obviously would point out that Anakin should be nerfed, but you could leave him alone and just buff Grevious's unrelenting advance to the point of instakill for 2-3 seconds (like it should be honestly) and that would definitely change things up a bit.

The experts always say that when mixing a song its better to turn things down then up. If it was up to me I would say you are gonna have to find a baseline somewhere. Some character that most vote to be the most balanced hero? Mix that with your own data and statistics you no doubt gather behind the scenes. Then lock him or her in stone and never mess with them. Make him or her the center of the hero "mix". Adjust all the others in time according to the one you picked. As time goes by and you feel others have been adjusted properly then start locking away other ones. First its one, then two, then three, and before you know it you should have a decent mix.

Honestly this is one of the best ideas to "lock a hero in place" I feel like that hero should be Anakin after his abilities are tweaked.
  • Liz4rD
    1059 posts Member
    If saber combat is reworked right, some characters having more powerful saber strikes than others should not be a matter of importance, because if you can block a strike, no damage is taken.

Strategy, reflexes, smart stamina management must be the main tools for good saber fights and to be top tier in saber combat.
  • Kwamster9000
    946 posts Member
    edited March 17
    I just wish the community would have STANDARDS, and stop accepting this that we’re being fed.

Blocking is a STANDARD for lightsaber heroes
    Even Grievous who isn’t force sensitive, should be able to deflect blaster fire normally but in an extremely limited capacity, since his cybernetics allow him to achieve feats far beyond that of any human
    This is the first Star Wars game I’ve ever played or heard of where someone in the game with a lightsaber couldn’t block.
    It makes no sense.
    Every lightsaber hero should have base attributes that are standard and abilities and uniqueness should be implemented from there
    Taking away a standard ability such as blocking should not even be considered as an option

The sad truth is
    Maul is not unique
    Everyone can do what Maul can do
    When you press the block button with Maul, he dashes. Everyone can dash.
    He has two buttons that do the same thing. Dash.

Luke, Yoda, Maul can dash.

Luke’s dash used to suck really bad but they improved it noticeably not too long ago.
    Now it’s decent. Still inferior to Maul and Yoda’s but not by so much

Yoda’s dash is a little bit slower than Maul’s but Yoda is small and can break blocks with it.
    Therefore I’d say their dashes are about equal since Maul’s is faster and more fluid but doesn’t break block.
    So Darth Maul’s dash isn’t really unique

His choke is a hybrid of Luke’s push and Vader’s choke.
    And it’s less useful than both.
    It does chip damage and is only really good for cheesy victories that have no honor

Now for his Saber throw
    Honestly there’s only ever been two things wrong with his saber throw...

The first and most prominent thing that’s been around since launch is the fact that his saber couldn’t come in contact with anything or else it would deactivate, ending the throw prematurely.
    The saber is supposed to go out and return every time

This made it virtually impossible to use it in hallways or semi-congested areas since it would deactivate upon contact with the tiniest thing, unlike Vader’s version
    Thus it was mostly only good for short range kills...

The second thing is when the game was updated earlier this year and a new bug came along that made his throw extremely inconsistent
    It would work sometimes but since the hit box for his throw is microscopic to begin with, it felt even worse with the bug to most people so many just assumed that it was completely broken.

One thing that Vader’s throw has always had over Maul’s until recently is that it wouldn’t deactivate upon contact with minor obstacles or surfaces
    They just fixed that problem for Maul and now you can consistently chuck his lightsaber down hallways as you could Vader’s
    But the hit box for Maul’s throw is and always has been microscopic
    So getting kills with his throw at range can be difficult and takes skill, even with it currently working properly
    (I know how to use his throw and have plenty of footage of me getting kills and hit confirms with it at range and up close. Feel free to inquire about it)
    Now his throw works as intended.(They wanted the hit box for his throw to very tiny for some reason)

As we all know Vader also has a throw.
    His is indisputably far better than Maul’s in every way. Even with Maul’s throw fixed

Not only is Mauls throw not unique
    But it is also inferior.

They didn’t make Maul unique by taking his block away
    They handicapped him
    Two of his buttons do the same thing for crying out loud

And the crazy thing is
    Darth Maul is supposed to be “all offense” in this game
    But all of his moves and abilities are blockable.

So everyone can do something just as good as or even better than him
    And
    He can’t do anything better than anyone else

All of his moves can be blocked

Rey runs just as fast as him and Luke runs even faster.

You can tell that he is one of the first heros they made

Darth Maul is not unique in this game.

He shares all of his moves with other heroes
    And he doesn’t excel at anything

And with all of this being said
    All I’m asking is that the developers give him a weak block
    It could be extremely weak, even weaker than Grievous’s
    Just something would be nice.

If he were to get a weak block,
    Vader and Sidious would still be far better than him hands down
    Regardless.

So why deny someone so iconic a standard ability?
    And can you please consider adding it?
    Post edited by IronSoldier on
  • No @Kwamster9000 don't settle for some trash block because a couple scrubs think he's even remotely balanced.
    He needs a strong block against lightsabers, and slightly less so against blasters. The opposite of anakins values. Not some trash backflip, or some extra dodges, and definitely not a limited block on CD.

We're done settling for less.
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • SWymsa
    916 posts Member
    edited March 14
    Why are you asking us?
    You know full well what's wrong with your game and tbh it wouldn't surprise me to find out you were breaking things intentionally to push this "live service" nonsense.
  • Two heros that I think can be better: Darth Maul and Obi-Wan. I place these ideas in other threads before remembering this one existed. For Obi-Wan, the main thing I would change is his defensive rush. It's a cool concept just poorly executed right now. It should be changed to just have him dash forward holding his lightsaber in his regular block, only moving it to block blaster shots that come at him rather than him just wagging it back and forth like an *****. After he reaches an enemy, he could do a big finishing strike that breaks blocks like Anakins strike does, or just does massive damage to either players not blocking or non-lightsaber heros.
    As for Darth Maul, rather than give him a block, just increase his health to 900, give his damage the Kilo Ren treatment, and change his furious throw to horizontal (obviously). That would really make him adept at his role as a fast, hard hitter. One more thing,
    Also, I don't know if this counts as hero balance, But add the starships for Grievous, Obi-Wan, Anakin, and any other heros added that it may apply to. I don't understand why the devs suddenly stopped adding them out of nowhere.
  • More for HvV:

Dooku’s Expose Weakness shouldn’t work when blocking

Darth Maul’s Saber Throw either needs to be an auto hit like Vader’s or an instakill since it’s almost impossible to hit anyone with it

Vader should be equally as powerful as Anakin. Also, did he suddenly forget how to do the things Anakin knows how to do?

All the newest heroes have virtually unlimited stamina but Luke doesn’t. That should be better balanced.

Finn isn’t a Hero nor is he a Villian. He’s a Stormtrooper. He doesn’t belong in HvV.

Rolling shouldn’t enable someone to avoid Force powers.

giphy.gif
  • Maul is sad. He's fast but not the fastest. I use his dash mostly as an escape because he can't block at all. That uses up offensive capabilities he has. Then you get caught on cool-down and you can't do another dash because you had to use the last one to escape simple blaster fire. Not to mention every heroes lightsaber block is broken and seems to happen randomly at the wrong moment and you get melted. I can stay alive longer as a Death Trooper than half the heroes in this game. Very sad. If their gun cooled down faster they'd be better than any blaster hero imo. That's just wrong.
  • mellowshipslinkyb
    677 posts Member
    edited March 15
    Galactic Assault

All of the original trilogy heroes are junk. There is no reason to choose Han, Leia, Chewie or Lando over Anakin, Obi-wan, Rey, Finn, or Yoda.

Boba Fett is unplayable.

Vader is playable, but much weaker than Dooku and Grievous.

Maul is great against troopers, useless against heroes.

Phasma’s HoK should not be tied to her staff, nor should Chewie’s to his slam.

Luke has been a complete joke since day one, and is worse now than ever. Easily the worst light side hero, and tied for most useless character in GA, along with Boba Fett.
  • Whilst the changes have been beneficial, and he is more balanced than he was, fact is Anakin is still over powered. Why? Go play a game of Heroes v Villains and he is in every single game. Yep every light side team ALWAYS picks him. That is the first indicator.

Anakin has rendered some villains completely useless in H v V. Maul the most obvious one. Maul is designed to be a hit and run, but he can't do that. Anakin uses dominance to pull him in then, passionate strike and he's just about dead. Palps struggles also. Unless you get a real experienced player using him, he is chop suey with Anakin. Add in his off teh charts HP and it is ridiculous.

Maul definitely needs to be buffed as he is now just about useless. He should at least be able to block force powers.

Boba Fett has low HP no doubt. I have no problem if it is buffed, but at the same time you must nerf the time he can continuosly use his jet pack. I know the target system won't go in H v V, so the only way to stop people using him as a runner is to change his jet pack usage. If you want an example of how toxicity can be with Boba's jet pack, try and catch a Boba runner in H v V on Geonosis. (Also he should not be able to reach any point on any map non-jet pack characters can't - hello Yavin IV).

Luke needs a buff. Too weak in combat, and his powers are buggy. Fact is Kylo is now tougher than him, and Luke is supposed to be able to hold his own with Darth Vader - which in this game he certainly can't. Luke needs a health buff and a damge buff.
    51bvn954fmlp.png
  • Ps4VaderMain
    211 posts Member
    edited March 15
    If you don't adjust Anakin any further then consider GA completely wrecked and broken from here on out.

Yeah retribution needs a damage nerf to 250 or 200 and a faster animation. I've been killed many times as a hero because Anakin just chokes you for 450 damage while his team shoots you. Its dumb to be honest.
  • Ps4VaderMain
    211 posts Member
    edited March 16
    Decrease the health added from Presence, Big deal and other health adding abilities for teammates. It completely breaks the game. The opposing team can literally do nothing to push pass such a strong defense. It's broken. Heroes have to swipe like 4 times to kill ONE buffed soldier while they're rolling. You see why this is broken? Decrease the health added.
    Post edited by Ps4VaderMain on
  • I won't repeat what most already said, however I like seeing people wanting Maul to be buffed. Great against troopers, terrible against Heroes. I agree he should have a block. In the old battlefront 2 he could block for a very, VERY short time. But he still had unlimited stamina when attacking. I think that would be perfect for him. I can use him effectively against troopers now so he doesn't need to block blasters, although I won't say no to that. A block for lightsaber attacks/force powers is essential for Maul to stay relevant. Everything else said about his abilities, especially his saber throw, I also agree with in that it needs work.
    Fear. Fear attracts the fearful. The strong. The weak. The innocent. The corrupt. Fear. Fear is my ally.

• Ps4VaderMain
    211 posts Member
    edited March 15
    All heroes except Anakin and a few others are jokes against troopers, vehicles and reinforcements. They need way more health, regeneration and/or damage reduction. They're way too many counters too them.
  • Maul is sad. He's fast but not the fastest. I use his dash mostly as an escape because he can't block at all. That uses up offensive capabilities he has. Then you get caught on cool-down and you can't do another dash because you had to use the last one to escape simple blaster fire. Not to mention every heroes lightsaber block is broken and seems to happen randomly at the wrong moment and you get melted. I can stay alive longer as a Death Trooper than half the heroes in this game. Very sad. If their gun cooled down faster they'd be better than any blaster hero imo. That's just wrong.

Agree

Anakin:

Luke:
    • 120 damage base
    • 120 Rush

Rey:

Yoda:

Obi-Wan:

Maul:

Kylo:

Vader:
    • Choke does 150 damage

Dooku:

Grievous:

Finn:

Lando:
    • Decrease recoil

Leia:

Boba:

Phasma:

Chewy:

These are some of the best suggestions @F8RGE
  • freshseth83
    382 posts Member
    edited March 15
    Great again? This game was never 'great' to begin with. Anakin has 3 abilites that can kill infantry in shot, but that doesn't mean they always do. A Wookie's thermal imploder can kill all infantry in one shot, but it doesn't always. Same thing with their overload. Same with Assault's Vanguard and thermal detonator. Same with AT-ST's missle, grenades and trample. Same with the AT-AT's heavy gun. Same with the Heavy's explosive sentry. Same with the Han's detonator. Maybe they need to be nerfed too since you can die in one shot with all of those. MBGA and get rid of everyone's one-shot ability right? Or just Anakin?
  • Bahlam
    87 posts Member
    In general terms, balance is currently good. Blaster heroes have a reasonable chance against lightsaber users and viceversa.

I agree with many other comments that Luke needs a slight buff in terms of basic damage and damage reduction on Force Repulse.

Chewbacca, on the other hand, is supposed to be close-quarters oriented blaster hero, however, his regeneration pool feels too little. I suggest either increase it (maybe 200-250) or increase his base health (to maybe 750). Both would be nice.

Thanks. Great work.
  • Balance? You might want to address the myriad of broken features regarding lightsabers and force powers first.
  • I think Iden’s TL-50 needs a blaster bolt size boost, but in addition the normal fire mode needs a damage nerf. Today I was in a max powerball point HvV, and I was Anakin [for once] I got 31000 points, and an Iden BEAT me with 39000 points because she was shooting everyone with her standard fire in the head, dealing extreme damage.
    “The force is with me and I am one with the force. I fear nothing because everything is as the Force wills it to be.” -Chirrut Imwe
  • ID_8615
    787 posts Member
    Ani's Retribution is a joke.
    Ani's health is extra-silly.
    Kylo's Pull radius is ridiculous.

HoK is a weird idea to begin with.

Finally, Heroes vs Villains is a completely different format from Galactic Assault. The Dev Team needs to adjust the Heroes accordingly; they need a separate set of objectives for that venue otherwise, they just destroy the whole thing (rampant kill farming of base-4 players, camping at spawn points, never engaging opposing heroes, clogging up choke points, etc.). If nothing changes, BF2015 will be a better game for a majority of the players.
  • It’s all about heroes with you guys. It really is a shame.

Lol if I wanted to play a shooter I wouldn't be playing this one. I play this for the Heroes. That's my only reason.

Good for you. I don’t care.

It'd be great if these anti-hero players had their own mode so they wouldn't even bother with threads like these.

Sure would be wouldn't it??
  • F8RGE wrote: »
    For this Focused Feedback thread we want to hear everything that you have to say on Hero Balance. We know this is a topic that many of you feel passionately about.

When detailing your feedback, please ensure that you make a note of whether it's in relation to Galactic Assault or Hero Modes.

Look forward to reading what you have to say!

I know it has nothing to do with this topic but unfortunately many players do not receive triple xp for their starfighters.
  • bobc222
    14 posts Member
    edited March 16

I can explain pretty simply why.
    In Star Wars, Anakin Skywalker is one of the most powerful beings in the galaxy. He is the CHOSEN ONE. He is arguably the main character of the entire movie universe. It is immersion-breaking to see a dumb character like Captain Phasma, who has 0 impact on the galaxy and no remote level of power defeat the chosen one in combat.
    Anakin, Yoda, Luke, Vader and Palpatine should be on a completely different level from every other character in the game. I don't know why people refuse to accept that some characters are stronger than others and should be represented accurately. They are canonically stronger and it makes no sense to see Finn defeat the Emperor. One is a random guy with no powers holding a blaster vs the strongest dark side user of all time.
    This is why people want Anakin to be better-because in Star Wars he is better. Its pretty simple, really.