criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar
Double XP Event

Focused Feedback: Hero Balance

Replies

• bobc222 wrote: »
    Anakin should be stronger because he is the chosen one. It breaks immersion to see weaker side characters killing one of the most powerful beings of all time. Canonically stronger characters should be better in the game and there should be clear tiers, there is no need to bring a character like Captain Phasma who is unremarkable in every way onto par with the emperor.

I think they could do hero tiers but if they do they need to decrease the battle points of weaker heroes significantly.
  • I think the heroes are pretty balanced now in HvV. As Vader and a lot of dark side heroes I still kill Anakin a lot. As Anakin I still lose often. I win/lose based on my team. People don't even want to use teamwork. It seems that they want each hero to be invincible, but I find that boring.

I even still get pretty high scores with Luke, but I think fixing the block bug would also fix most of my problems with him and other characters.
  • danwalkz2480
    72 posts Member
    edited March 16
    I think the only heroes that need a buff is Luke, Yoda and Maul

Luke should be given 115 lightsaber damage to the front and 145 lightsaber damage to the back, his push should do 110 damage to heroes and 150 damage to troopers, his repulse should do 150 damage. Rush damage increased to 115 and a higher health regen of 250HP.

Yoda should be given 120 lightsaber damage to the front and 150 lightsaber damage to the back with increased sabre swing speed to 2.2 swings per second. This makes sense because he is one of the fastest heroes in star wars. Needs to have the same jump as Luke, Rey etc. Needs to have a lightsaber block and unleash needs to do 150 damage at a minimum and 300 damage at max. Presence needs a little nerf to allies by giving heroes 150HP, giving Troopers 100HP and giving reinforcements 50HP.

Maul should be given 115 lightsaber damage to the front and 145 lightsaber damage to the back, his furious throw should be horizontal dealing 115 damage per hit. His choke-hold should do 100 to heroes and 150 to troopers and spin attack needs to deal 115 damage and can partially break through a block only doing 50 damage. He also needs a block but a very short one.
  • SVEJ
    1162 posts Member
    F8RGE wrote: »
    For this Focused Feedback thread we want to hear everything that you have to say on Hero Balance. We know this is a topic that many of you feel passionately about.

When detailing your feedback, please ensure that you make a note of whether it's in relation to Galactic Assault or Hero Modes.

Who do you think is balanced right now?
    Who do you think is too strong?
    Who do you think could do with a bit of a buff?

Look forward to reading what you have to say!

Nerf anakin, remove him form the game until you actually know how to fix him.

heroic Might/Push should NOT kill 1 hit, 12 second cooldown for 400 damage, 80% reduction and kills ANYONE in a radius of the ability, EVEN behind walls or cover? yeah totally Balanced Ben, TOTALLY BALANCED.
  • SVEJ
    1162 posts Member
    bobc222 wrote: »
    Anakin should be stronger because he is the chosen one. It breaks immersion to see weaker side characters killing one of the most powerful beings of all time. Canonically stronger characters should be better in the game and there should be clear tiers, there is no need to bring a character like Captain Phasma who is unremarkable in every way onto par with the emperor.

you do realize that Palpatine is the most powerful character form Ep 1 - 6. He literally CREATED anakin from nothing using the midichlorians, and it's canon.

You understand on a scale from 0-100 (where 0 is the least powerful and 100 is the most powerful) that this would look something like:

Palpatine, Yoda = 100
    Anakin, Vader, Luke, Rey = 81
    Obi, Dooku, Kylo = 80
    Maul = 79
    Grievous = 65
    Chewy, Boba, Bossk = 10
    Wookies, Iden = 9
    Han, Lando, Leia, Phasma = 7 or 8
    Enforcers = 6
    Finn, Troopers = 4

(I know some of you would put grievous higher, but consider that whenever he goes up against a Jedi master he either ends up overmatched and running, or has his magnaguards help him)

• In Galatic Assault Lightsaber heros should have the base health of 850. Also, health regen should be 250-300 for all lightsaber heroes.
  • awakespace wrote: »
    HoK is passive trait for all heroes (this includes Palp's Lightning Absorption and Iden's Friend in Battle becoming passive traits)

All saber users do minimum of 150 damage if hitting from behind

All blaster heroes get 50 more health regeneration

All heroes aside from Anakin get 50 more base health

Note: I'm adding some capacity to break through block to all saber users

Anakin:
    • Decrease retribution maximum damage to 250 (choke does 150 - final push does 100)

Luke:
    • 120 damage base
    • 120 Rush
    • Push damage to heroes increased from 90 to 120
    • Rush breaks through block partially causing 50 damage
    • Repulse does 150 damage and has 40% damage reduction during use
    • Buff his cards - Jedi Fighter stamina increase to 30%, Rush Immunity damage decrease to 50%, Deflection Mastery adds 25% damage to deflected shots

Rey:
    • Dash Strike breaks through block
    • Increase hero HoK from 60 to 100

Yoda:
    • Jump as high as basic Jedi (Rey, Kylo, Obi, etc.)
    • Push does 150 damage base and 300 at full charge
    • Yoda can block lightsabers with his lightsaber
    • Star Cards: Increase Jedi Mentor damage resistance to 10%, Opposing the Dark Side damage increase to 20

Obi-Wan:
    • Defensive Rush move speed increased - 25% faster
    • Able to jump out of Defensive Rush
    • Defensive Rush can be triggered while blocking
    • Defensive Rush will break through block
    • Mind-trick is reworked to stop all offensive capacity, abilities, and blocking - and only allow characters to run, jump, and dodge. If boba is on the ground he will not be able to startup his jetpack, but if he's in the air, it will not knock him out of the sky.

Maul:
    • Saber throw fixed to work exactly like it did at launch
    • Spin Attack partially breaks through block causing 75 damage
    • Base lightsaber attack does 110 damage
    • Choke Hold does 100 damage
    • Maul has 50% damage reduction during Choke Hold
    • Add ability to block force attacks like Yoda but not lightsabers or blasters

Kylo:
    • Pull has base damage of 50 (can be increased to 100 with card)
    • Frenzy fully breaks through block
    • Frenzy can be triggered while moving and/or blocking

Vader:
    • Choke does 150 damage
    • Vader has 50% damage reduction during Choke
    • Focused rage causes 150 damage per saber strike

Dooku:
    • Expose weakness allows Dooku (only Dooku) to partially damage through block at 40%
    • Lightning stun has increased range by 20%

Grievous:
    • Thrust Surge partially breaks block causing 100 damage but no knock down

Finn:
    • Big deal causes no running speed reduction
    • Regular HoK (not tied to Glie)
    • Undercover team Glie-44 breaks through block at 50% damage

Lando:
    • Increased damage of blaster slightly
    • Have less damage drop-off at range
    • Decrease recoil
    • Smoke slows opponents (similar to Palp's Dark Aura) and increase any damage taken by 25%

Leia:
    • Make shield inside area cause damage to villains who enter at rate of Bossk's Dioxis

Boba:
    • Concussion missile should cause 50 damage and cause knock down if it hits directly - if it is just splash it should function as it does now
    • Can recover if knocked out of the air - this works to recover from both explosions and from force powers - this is a 4th ability (triggered like Anakin's) - it has a 7 second cool down - it makes a mechanical click sound like he is repairing it - the ability takes .5 seconds to complete before Boba can fly again

Phasma:
    • Full HoK (not tied to only staff strikes)

Chewy:
    • Full HoK (not tied only to charge slam), but when defeating villains it only gives him 50 health (not 100)

One idea I just had regarding Maul is giving him the ability to "stabilize" himself by pressing block if hit by a push or pull. So if he gets hit by a push/pull, you hit block and then Maul just catches himself in mid air and lands wherever the block was pressed - much like Yoda can do with his presence. So Maul still takes the damage, but has a kind of force righting reflex - like a cat - which is in accord with his great speed and agility
    awakespace wrote: »
    HoK is passive trait for all heroes (this includes Palp's Lightning Absorption and Iden's Friend in Battle becoming passive traits)

All saber users do minimum of 150 damage if hitting from behind

All blaster heroes get 50 more health regeneration

All heroes aside from Anakin get 50 more base health

Note: I'm adding some capacity to break through block to all saber users

Anakin:
    • Decrease retribution maximum damage to 250 (choke does 150 - final push does 100)

Luke:
    • 120 damage base
    • 120 Rush
    • Push damage to heroes increased from 90 to 120
    • Rush breaks through block partially causing 50 damage
    • Repulse does 150 damage and has 40% damage reduction during use
    • Buff his cards - Jedi Fighter stamina increase to 30%, Rush Immunity damage decrease to 50%, Deflection Mastery adds 25% damage to deflected shots

Rey:
    • Dash Strike breaks through block
    • Increase hero HoK from 60 to 100

Yoda:
    • Jump as high as basic Jedi (Rey, Kylo, Obi, etc.)
    • Push does 150 damage base and 300 at full charge
    • Yoda can block lightsabers with his lightsaber
    • Star Cards: Increase Jedi Mentor damage resistance to 10%, Opposing the Dark Side damage increase to 20

Obi-Wan:
    • Defensive Rush move speed increased - 25% faster
    • Able to jump out of Defensive Rush
    • Defensive Rush can be triggered while blocking
    • Defensive Rush will break through block
    • Mind-trick is reworked to stop all offensive capacity, abilities, and blocking - and only allow characters to run, jump, and dodge. If boba is on the ground he will not be able to startup his jetpack, but if he's in the air, it will not knock him out of the sky.

Maul:
    • Saber throw fixed to work exactly like it did at launch
    • Spin Attack partially breaks through block causing 75 damage
    • Base lightsaber attack does 110 damage
    • Choke Hold does 100 damage
    • Maul has 50% damage reduction during Choke Hold
    • Add ability to block force attacks like Yoda but not lightsabers or blasters

Kylo:
    • Pull has base damage of 50 (can be increased to 100 with card)
    • Frenzy fully breaks through block
    • Frenzy can be triggered while moving and/or blocking

Vader:
    • Choke does 150 damage
    • Vader has 50% damage reduction during Choke
    • Focused rage causes 150 damage per saber strike

Dooku:
    • Expose weakness allows Dooku (only Dooku) to partially damage through block at 40%
    • Lightning stun has increased range by 20%

Grievous:
    • Thrust Surge partially breaks block causing 100 damage but no knock down

Finn:
    • Big deal causes no running speed reduction
    • Regular HoK (not tied to Glie)
    • Undercover team Glie-44 breaks through block at 50% damage

Lando:
    • Increased damage of blaster slightly
    • Have less damage drop-off at range
    • Decrease recoil
    • Smoke slows opponents (similar to Palp's Dark Aura) and increase any damage taken by 25%

Leia:
    • Make shield inside area cause damage to villains who enter at rate of Bossk's Dioxis

Boba:
    • Concussion missile should cause 50 damage and cause knock down if it hits directly - if it is just splash it should function as it does now
    • Can recover if knocked out of the air - this works to recover from both explosions and from force powers - this is a 4th ability (triggered like Anakin's) - it has a 7 second cool down - it makes a mechanical click sound like he is repairing it - the ability takes .5 seconds to complete before Boba can fly again

Phasma:
    • Full HoK (not tied to only staff strikes)

Chewy:
    • Full HoK (not tied only to charge slam), but when defeating villains it only gives him 50 health (not 100)

One idea I just had regarding Maul is giving him the ability to "stabilize" himself by pressing block if hit by a push or pull. So if he gets hit by a push/pull, you hit block and then Maul just catches himself in mid air and lands wherever the block was pressed - much like Yoda can do with his presence. So Maul still takes the damage, but has a kind of force righting reflex - like a cat - which is in accord with his great speed and agility

That would be so cool! Great idea @F8RGE
  • I guess this thread is a little outdated cause I see no mention of Anakin here!! Please can you guys in EA adjust his abilities to make it more fair for all the players involved!! Every game I play in, Galactic Assault or Heros vs Villains, every time Anakin just annihilates!! At least if the player knows what they're doing. It is a bit unfair that Anakin has 4 force abilities where every other character only has 3, please could you even out the playing field a bit more and give him only 3 powers.

On a side note, I think it would be awesome if all the force users in BattleFront could manipulate map objects like in the Force Unleashed, as this would be a power any Jedi or Sith would have.

Thanks and I hope you take my recommendations into consideration

JJ
  • @F8RGE @EA_Charlemagne

It's pathetic!!
    Never i have seen something more overpower than Anakin in my life.
    The first in the classification always is an Anakin always.

This will destroy this game if you don't fix it immediately.

1bfioawlu399.png
  • I guess this thread is a little outdated cause I see no mention of Anakin here!! Please can you guys in EA adjust his abilities to make it more fair for all the players involved!! Every game I play in, Galactic Assault or Heros vs Villains, every time Anakin just annihilates!! At least if the player knows what they're doing. It is a bit unfair that Anakin has 4 force abilities where every other character only has 3, please could you even out the playing field a bit more and give him only 3 powers.

On a side note, I think it would be awesome if all the force users in BattleFront could manipulate map objects like in the Force Unleashed, as this would be a power any Jedi or Sith would have.

JJ

I think they need to just decrease the damage of retribution tto like 250. He should be better and maybe nerf his passionate strike pull damage combo so it does max of like 300 damage.
  • Ps4VaderMain
    211 posts Member
    edited March 17
    I guess this thread is a little outdated cause I see no mention of Anakin here!! Please can you guys in EA adjust his abilities to make it more fair for all the players involved!! Every game I play in, Galactic Assault or Heros vs Villains, every time Anakin just annihilates!! At least if the player knows what they're doing. It is a bit unfair that Anakin has 4 force abilities where every other character only has 3, please could you even out the playing field a bit more and give him only 3 powers.

JJ

Possible nerf the range of retribution too. However, his health is fine. They should just buff Vader's health to balance things out.
  • Empire_TW
    6532 posts Member

No he shouldn't, this is a PvP Multiplayer game, balancing around lore is absurd.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    First Max Prestige Iden Versio
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • Light sabers should one-shot infantry. Period. Reinforcements not so much, but infantry definitely. Beyond that I feel that Luke needs a buff. Everyone else feels fine to me. To have the Jedi that beat Darth Vader be so weak is an insult.
  • crssquared wrote: »
    Light sabers should one-shot infantry. Period. Reinforcements not so much, but infantry definitely. Beyond that I feel that Luke needs a buff. Everyone else feels fine to me. To have the Jedi that beat Darth Vader be so weak is an insult.

To have Rey in the Clone Wars is an "insult". You lose the argument of "lore" and "authenticity" if you condone cross era heroes running all over every battlefield throughout Star Wars Time. Plus demanding to have infantry "one shot killed' by a lightsaber hero means you need even MORE easiness handed to you in such a casual game. Such a weak request.
    Empire_TW wrote: »

No he shouldn't, this is a PvP Multiplayer game, balancing around lore is absurd.

The original Battlefront II (2005) wasn't balanced. Not even slightly. I don't see all you fools complaining about that one. Y'all love that one. This whole 'balance everything' movement is exactly what is killing online gaming. Too much complaining, and not enough figuring out how to beat the odds. You clowns want infantry to be able to tear down heroes in 1 vs 1. Not gonna happen. Shouldn't happen.

Quit being a wimp. Take your lumps. Figure out how to beat the odds.

Tell that to the "Anakin Genocide" going on in Galactic Assault across all platforms.
  • Ps4VaderMain
    211 posts Member
    edited March 17
    In all game modes Anakin should have his retribution animation sped up.

The original Battlefront II (2005) wasn't balanced. Not even slightly. I don't see all you fools complaining about that one. Y'all love that one. This whole 'balance everything' movement is exactly what is killing online gaming. Too much complaining, and not enough figuring out how to beat the odds. You clowns want infantry to be able to tear down heroes in 1 vs 1. Not gonna happen. Shouldn't happen.

You say these yet you are implying that heroes have trouble fighting troopers 1v1, they don't, not even in the slightest.

Balance IS everything in an MP game, what is the point of playing PvP when one side has something significantly better and you lose because of it?

Also didn't like BF2 (2005) but yes it was more balanced than this, the heroes and some unique classes were the only things that weren't copies of each other.

Quit being a wimp. Take your lumps and learn not to be dependent on something as absurdly as powerful as Anakin.
    hojevrxvarht.png
  • Two things I just experienced:

1. In HvV with both teams having high leveled, skilled players, lightside still wins more than half the time.

2. Using Maul on Naboo the Anakin player was sick of me killing his guys then running away (As you do) so I ran way back away from all teammates and this guy was so determined that he chased me down that far, used Retribution on me alone, then his other abilities to which I couldn't attack then died (As you do). By luck we won the second to last sector and got our tickets back. I was able to get Dooku and push to the throne room and no one was on it, as in enemies. Halfway to cap I watched as Anakin came out the side door, rushed right into the middle of the room, used HM (Of course he was shot at) and cleared the room entirely except for me and the other heroes. We all ran back as it was now flooded with clones. Eventually we regrouped, pushed, and won with 6 tickets remaining. Anakin needs to be nerfed, most of us know it. Those that don't simply want to abuse his power and ruin our experience.
    Fear. Fear attracts the fearful. The strong. The weak. The innocent. The corrupt. Fear. Fear is my ally.

• SVEJ
    1162 posts Member

LOL What? if he was the chosen one, why did he fall to the dark side? why was he getting destroyed by an old man, he threw Palpatine in the reactor and the death star blew up but Anakin died and in Legends Palpatine survived and seduced Luke to the dark side.

Palpatine created Anakin. Palpatine should be the chosen one.
  • Luke needs a buff. He's got good escapibility but in a 1v1 against another saber hero he's terrible now. Maul could also use a buff. I would suggest having his dash strikes go through block like Yoda's dash strikes do.
    Light sabers should one-shot infantry. Period. Reinforcements not so much, but infantry definitely. Beyond that I feel that Luke needs a buff. Everyone else feels fine to me. To have the Jedi that beat Darth Vader be so weak is an insult.

To have Rey in the Clone Wars is an "insult". You lose the argument of "lore" and "authenticity" if you condone cross era heroes running all over every battlefield throughout Star Wars Time. Plus demanding to have infantry "one shot killed' by a lightsaber hero means you need even MORE easiness handed to you in such a casual game. Such a weak request.

Show me one person who could withstand a light saber attack. Not even heroes should be able to take a solid light saber hit 'n continue standing. Those things cut flesh off, and cut people in half. I am not asking for more easiness, I'm asking that lightsabers act as they do in the films / lore.
    crssquared wrote: »

Show me one person who could withstand a light saber attack. Not even heroes should be able to take a solid light saber hit 'n continue standing. Those things cut flesh off, and cut people in half. I am not asking for more easiness, I'm asking that lightsabers act as they do in the films / lore.

I completely agree. Even my friends who don't play this game think it's stupid that lightsabers don't one shot infantry.
  • crssquared
    250 posts Member
    edited March 18

You say these yet you are implying that heroes have trouble fighting troopers 1v1, they don't, not even in the slightest.

Balance IS everything in an MP game, what is the point of playing PvP when one side has something significantly better and you lose because of it?

Also didn't like BF2 (2005) but yes it was more balanced than this, the heroes and some unique classes were the only things that weren't copies of each other.

Quit being a wimp. Take your lumps and learn not to be dependent on something as absurdly as powerful as Anakin.

No it wasn't. Every Jedi cut down troopers with ease in the original BF II. Anakin is a cool hero, but he's not my go-to. I prefer Luke or Vader. Maul is fun, but he's just too weak in this game. That has to change. No block?! [removed] is that about? I've seen plenty of heroes get melted by a single infantryman and that is just absurd. That damned vanguard [removed]! Reinforcements and other Heroes are the only ones that should be able to melt Heroes with ease. Infantrymen should have to either gang up, or run away. Period. Anakin can be burnt pretty quickly with just about every hero. I've done it a fair bit using Vader, Palp, Kylo, and even Maul. Just learn to play the odds. Don't go in guns blazing when he's in his Heroic Might stance. If you're an infantryman go hide behind something. His abilities can't hit you through walls 'n obstacles. Quit being a wimp. Take your lumps. Learn to play the odds even when they're stacked against you.
  • Prior to Anakin the DS won almost every single time thanks to Bossk, Palp and Boba. Boba and Palp are untouchable in the right hands.

IMHO The only heroes that need buffing are Luke and Maul. Maul needs to be able to block, and Luke is just a bit too weak. If Anakin gets nerfed too hard the DS will have the edge again. That's just not acceptable. I've seen plenty of DS wins against Anakin so it's not impossible. Just not as easy as it was.
  • Salacious_Me_1138
    2102 posts Member
    edited March 18

Show me ONE CASE of Rey saving the Clone Army on Kamino......your argument is invalid. Heck ONE BLASTER BOLT to a Jedis head should kill them in one shot....you wanna go down the road of "realism" now???

Sorry you want everything pathetically easier than it already is....no saber easy kills for you....just like one shot to your Anakins head doesn't take him from 1000HP to 0hp
    Post edited by Salacious_Me_1138 on
  • SVEJ wrote: »

you do realize that Palpatine is the most powerful character form Ep 1 - 6. He literally CREATED anakin from nothing using the midichlorians, and it's canon.

Sure that's why there should be tiers, to make it more balanced for the villains as well, but Anakin should be top 5 in any scenario.

You understand on a scale from 0-100 (where 0 is the least powerful and 100 is the most powerful) that this would look something like:

Palpatine, Yoda = 100
    Obi, Dooku, Kylo = 80
    Maul = 79
    Grievous = 65
    Chewy, Boba, Bossk = 10
    Wookies, Iden = 9
    Enforcers = 6
    Finn, Troopers = 4

(I know some of you would put grievous higher, but consider that whenever he goes up against a Jedi master he either ends up overmatched and running, or has his magnaguards help him)

Bump Rey down a tier but yes that sounds good to me!

I totally disagree, you can balance around lore and gameplay by making tiers. That would make both sides relatively equal in terms of power level and also make it more canonically accurate. There's a way to acheive both.
  • Evo911
    267 posts Member
    Anakin is brand new. There is still lot of beginner (including me) who are below level 5 with almost no cards and can be wiped in 2mns.
    nobody brings the problem of being indestructible, the problem is that he can wipe several opponents by just pressing a button.
  • Sam3S
    31 posts Member
    GIVE MAUL A BLOCK !!!
  • Obi Wan should have 3 dodges like Count Dooku but have a little slower cooldown.

RMT should disable Boba's Jetpack.
    hnytpwosbe30.png
  • Make it that blaster fire also breaks stun or that a certain amount of dmg breaks the stun like 150 and you are free again and let saber Heroes block while running...and dont let blaster heroes melee attack saber heroes anymore ...they should get dmg for doing it or something
  • Rework anakin's 3rd ability bc the current 1 isnt just op but also doenst fit him at all...like in no way...give him another saber ability or a passive like Vaders E(Rage). And fix some voicelines from anakin and obi-wan.(and mby rey but thats another story) Anakin saying :"Try to take THIS lightsaber" and "your lucky, Master Windu wouldnt be as gentle" are just oversexualised and dont fit anakin nor star wars..and obi wan says:" Army or not, you must realise you are doomed" ..which is Grievous line not obi wans..he said "oh i dont think so " in repsonse to Grievous saying the army line. Not the worst problem in the game but mby it can be fixed fast and easy ..it would be something done atleast .
    SVEJ wrote: »

Sure that's why there should be tiers, to make it more balanced for the villains as well, but Anakin should be top 5 in any scenario.

Palpatine, Yoda = 100
    Obi, Dooku, Kylo = 80
    Maul = 79
    Grievous = 65
    Chewy, Boba, Bossk = 10
    Wookies, Iden = 9
    Enforcers = 6
    Finn, Troopers = 4

I totally disagree, you can balance around lore and gameplay by making tiers. That would make both sides relatively equal in terms of power level and also make it more canonically accurate. There's a way to acheive both.

So you say Phasma should be 3k BP and Anakin 10k BP?
    Not many players would be able to play much with their favorite characters, which in turn would drive them away from this game more.
    People play this game mostly because of the heroes and i dont think DICE would make hero tiers just so they can make them more canon accurate. They actually lowered the BP cost of them so that tells you what is their thought process behind all that. They want heroes to be more readily available to the casuals and not the other way around. If they make Anakin 10k Bp believe me there would be huge outcry. Hero tiers cant work here. The game is too casual for that.
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

No it wasn't. Every Jedi cut down troopers with ease in the original BF II. Anakin is a cool hero, but he's not my go-to. I prefer Luke or Vader. Maul is fun, but he's just too weak in this game. That has to change. No block?! [removed] is that about? I've seen plenty of heroes get melted by a single infantryman and that is just absurd. That damned vanguard [removed]! Reinforcements and other Heroes are the only ones that should be able to melt Heroes with ease. Infantrymen should have to either gang up, or run away. Period. Anakin can be burnt pretty quickly with just about every hero. I've done it a fair bit using Vader, Palp, Kylo, and even Maul. Just learn to play the odds. Don't go in guns blazing when he's in his Heroic Might stance. If you're an infantryman go hide behind something. His abilities can't hit you through walls 'n obstacles. Quit being a wimp. Take your lumps. Learn to play the odds even when they're stacked against you.

There it is again...

You tell people complaining about Anakin to adapt and get good then you start complaining about Vanguard.

Vanguard? Just git gud

Maul doesn't have a block? Just adapt and overcome it.

Maul is weak? Just learn to play the odds

You are just coming across as hypocritical. If troopers are melting you as a hero then maybe you shouldn't be picking a hero.
    hojevrxvarht.png
  • People bring up lore and immersion way too often. It's damn game man, not a film. No one should be so adamant that ST heroes can't ever play on PT maps or OT maps. That's restricting the severely limited content of this game even further. That's the last thing this game needs.

What the difference is between this game it's immediate predecessor is that the maps on this game do not promote helping the objective, and when they do it's congested areas and choke points that lead to collisions in all the same places.

That wouldn't be bad but there's no differing vantage points. There's no elevations or variations to the map geometry. Hoth maybe the most open and varied map but again at the 2nd stage after the Ion cannons you're lead to another choke point fest. Two doors leading to the same narrow hallways leading to two capture areas where the defending team only has to stand guard as it's easy to spot a flank. There's no hill to climb for the attackers. No tunnel underneath. No alternative hallway. No sniping point for cover fire. It's like this on just about every map. Even one's with high vantage points you still have to get there through cramped spaces.

It's not like BF2015 where PTO was easier with the uplinks in walker assault. There you had cover but still areas to flank, or be above, or come around. Things were a lot more open than this game and it didn't lead to massacres in confined spaces. Heroes are only a problem because you're being fed to them. Those with AOE abilities being the best in these reoccurring circumstances.
  • Empire_TW wrote: »

There it is again...

You tell people complaining about Anakin to adapt and get good then you start complaining about Vanguard.

Vanguard? Just git gud

Maul doesn't have a block? Just adapt and overcome it.

Maul is weak? Just learn to play the odds

You are just coming across as hypocritical. If troopers are melting you as a hero then maybe you shouldn't be picking a hero.

Hahaha, this games so casual, half of these players that think their good and keep throwing the 'git gud' argument out there, probably dont know what 'gud' is :D
  • thelasteverjedi
    1595 posts Member
    edited March 19

Palpatine, Yoda = 100
    Obi, Dooku, Kylo = 80
    Maul = 79
    Grievous = 65
    Chewy, Boba, Bossk = 10
    Wookies, Iden = 9
    Enforcers = 6
    Finn, Troopers = 4

Yes Anakin is 81 on a bad day but while palpatine maxes out at 100, in GA Anakin vs bad team will rise to 1000, and Anakin supported by a good team is about 894.

It's just not fair on the other team.

Palpatine, Yoda = 100
    Obi, Dooku, Kylo = 80
    Maul = 79
    Grievous = 65
    Chewy, Boba, Bossk = 10
    Wookies, Iden = 9
    Enforcers = 6
    Finn, Troopers = 4

Yes Anakin is 81 on a bad day but while palpatine maxes out at 100, in GA Anakin vs bad team will rise to 1000, and Anakin supported by a good team is about 894.

It's just not fair on the other team.

Did you read what I was responding to? I was responding to a post where a forum member suggested that Anakin should be super powerful because caracters' power should be canonically correct. So this was my estimation of what it would look like if DICE actually designed the game around this premise. I don't think this is a good idea. And I wasn't saying that this is how the game is actually setup now - clearly Anakin is way beyond any other hero in this game as it stands now.
    SVEJ wrote: »

Palpatine, Yoda = 100
    Obi, Dooku, Kylo = 80
    Maul = 79
    Grievous = 65
    Chewy, Boba, Bossk = 10
    Wookies, Iden = 9
    Enforcers = 6
    Finn, Troopers = 4

So you say Phasma should be 3k BP and Anakin 10k BP?
    Not many players would be able to play much with their favorite characters, which in turn would drive them away from this game more.
    People play this game mostly because of the heroes and i dont think DICE would make hero tiers just so they can make them more canon accurate. They actually lowered the BP cost of them so that tells you what is their thought process behind all that. They want heroes to be more readily available to the casuals and not the other way around. If they make Anakin 10k Bp believe me there would be huge outcry. Hero tiers cant work here. The game is too casual for that.

I understand DICE's philosophy and ultimately its just what I would like to see in a game. I recognize that it will probably never happen but its something that I would prefer due to that canonicity.
  • Just a suggestion cuz why not

PASSIONATE STRIKE reworked:

I like the idea of a block breaker but not a block breaker thats also a stun ability.
    So i feel the ability should give some honor to the movies. So i came up with a jump attack ability like how anakin does in the movies.
    It works sort of like grievousness thrust surge but instead it drains all of an enemy’s stamina for 3 seconds and does not knock them down or stun them in anyway. The ability can work from a distance too. The animation would be a lot like his jump attacks in the movies
    And the ability would do 200 damage

RETRIBUTION:

I like retribution as a 4th ability i just think it needs a damage reduction, or a warning
    Like 350 damage

FORCE SMASH:

Instead of a pull ability i thought of a ability called force smash.
    This ability catches enemy’s and throws them to the ground keeping them in the same area they were before the ability but on the ground vulnerable to attack
    This would also do 200 damage

HEROIC MIGHT reworked:

The next ability would have a circular attack like a repulse but with a small radius.
    This ability makes anakin spin his lightsaber rapidly around his body causing any damage to players near his lightsaber, then with a final force repulse but it does about 100 damage. During this ability he will be protected from all lightsaber or blaster attacks because of his lightsaber deflection. This was inspired by the mustafar battle with obi wan where they both spin their lightsaber and then force bit each other
    This would do 100 damage for repulse
    And 100 damage per second if enemys get close to his lightsaber

And just a side note i would also lower his base saber damage to 120

Comment what you think below

::(OPEN TO CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM)::

• AVGN
    508 posts Member
    edited March 19
    Based on my three or four previous matches, Yoda's Presence needs a huge nerf (it also contributes to the fact the Dark Side just can't win anymore), Dooku needs more range with his lightning (i get it, he's a "duelist", but it makes no sense to not give a single decent ranged ability to a character that requires an ability to achieve what Grievous can do with a card, especially in a game mode filled with choke points), Luke needs an overall buff to damage and survivability (health regeneration and damage reduction), Grievous needs decent working abilities, the LAAT must stop hitting people through walls and Anakin just needs to be removed from the game and replaced by a much cooler character, Mace Windu.
    Post edited by AVGN on
    Beta tester for STAR WARS™ Bugfront 2™.

What were they thinking?
  • 1) Nerf Anakin. He's busted. Pull into Passionate strike is utterly ridiculous. He has the strongest abilities in the game, one of the highest damages, the highest health pool, and FOUR abilities, 2 of which are panic escapes. I could describe Anakin to anyone who has never even played the game and they would laugh at how broken he sounds. In fact, I've even done that, and people have told me they won't even bother with the game if the devs cannot figure out how to make a decent saber system/balance their characters.

I recommend removing Anakin's 4th ability, Retribution doesn't belong on him. Anakin never showed such a mastery over choke to do that in any medium, that ability fits more on Vader than Anakin. Either give EVERYONE 4 abilities, or only give Anakin 3, you don't give special treatment to characters, that isn't how balance works.

Then nerf the stun on his passionate strike. I don't mind that it is unblockable. I do not mind that it does decent damage. I mind that it knocks you down and allows him free swings if he is close enough. Pull->Passionate Strike->LMB can effectively one shot any hero in the game.

Either make him a powerful glass cannon, or a tank. He should not have nearly as much damage, and also higher HP than Vader. That is silly. The mere concept of him having one of the highest (If not the highest) damages in the game AND the highest HP is absolutely nonsense. I would prefer Anakin do a ton of damage, but have only 650 HP. I mean, he was never **that** tough in the movies/series. He could take pain, but he got knocked out/beat up pretty often. VADER on the other hand, was a walking tank, and should be the tankiest character in the game. Frankly you could probably just replace Vader's focused rage with Anakin's retribution, and it would fit a lot more on Vader. Or at the very least, make Vader's choke last longer. Actually, now that I think about it, Anakin's abilities don't even sound anything like Anakin, they sound like Savage Opress, I'm pretty sure he performed plenty of feats like those listed. Savage Opress would be a tanky damage dealer too.

Retribution:

Heroic Might:

Passionate Strike:

The only ability that actually seems to fit Anakin is his pull. Personally I'd give him both push, pull, and an ability that makes his attacks drain serious stamina from an opponent's block. Regardless, Ani needs a rework.

2) Give Maul a block. I don't care that people think "Hurr durr he is made to be a fast character", that doesn't make it set in stone, nor does that make it a good decision. Developers made him a fast character. Developers made him not have a block. Developers can undo that. He should be an aggressive character, but the ability to block/deflect is basic amongst saberists, and should be included for both Yoda, and Maul. I have absolutely no idea what the devs were thinking when they disallowed their blocks.

Maul could do with giving away some of his strong mobility for a light block, as long as he has the ability to properly duel with another saberist (in a hopefully not terrible saber system), and deflect some shots defensively. People here talk about canonical nonsense and movies, so why is Maul, who blocked a lot of lightsabers/blasters, not allowed to block? It's rather hypocritical of some people to ask for Anakin to be super overpowered because muh chosen one, and not even balance Maul.

Have you tried playing Maul against Obi Wan/Anakin? You stand no chance. You get ragdolled around like nothing. In fact I don't even think you can beat Anakin 1v1 with Maul unless the Anakin is suffering from an aneurysm.

3) Give Yoda the ability to block lightsabers, if only for a very short amount of time, for the same reasons I listed in point 2.

4) Change the game mode that is Heroes vs Villains. The target system is broken. Characters like Kylo/Luke run forever, and Boba Fett will fly to a random place that no one can get to, and delay the match forever. That is a terrible game mode, and without a proper chase mechanic, it really falls under. Make it a last-man-standing mode, or a team death match please.

5) FIX. THE. BLOCK. BUG.

Wow his abilities are legit savages

Look at my thread on what i though his abiltites should have been, well if you want to

I would love some constructive criticism on it @TheMightyAltroll
  • Replace Anakin’s Passionate Strike with a jumping attack

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/5b/a6/ed/5ba6ed63124245869e55cc4dc0b59086.gif

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11124/111245625/5444448-4951283-anakin+kicks+dooku.gif

He does it all the time and personally i think it would be way cooler then passionate strike

To me the ability would work like this

Anakin uses the ability when in range
    The range of the ability would be similar to grievouses thrust surge
    Anakin would hit his enemy dealing 100 damage to heroes if they don’t block while also taking all of their stamina away for 2-3 seconds

For heroes that are blocking they would lose all stamina for 2-3 seconds with no damage delt

To infantry it would deal 250 damage

The animations would look like the videos on the top of the thread
  • MerovechI
    122 posts Member
    edited March 19
    With all saber heroes, typically, you can block (assuming it doesn't bug out) and immediately attack and land a hit. However, I've noticed that with General Grievous, this is not the case. General Grievous can spam attacks immediately after being blocked, you can hit him, of course, but he also will hit you. This happens 100% of the time regardless of which hero is being used against him.

Also his claw rush hit box is absolutely ridiculous. He's no more than a couple of feet from the ground and yet if you jump 12 feet above him, you still get hit and knocked down.
  • thelasteverjedi
    1595 posts Member
    edited March 20
    Anakin retribution should not charge when
    -using heroic might and getting 90%damage reduction
    -team mates are taking damage, or apply a 90% reduction to team mate damage ie team mate take 1000 damage retribution charges 100
  • In Galatic Assault, hero abilities that can do damage like Luke's force push should all be able to one shot assaults so 150 damage (at the least). Every hero should have at LEAST one ability that can one shot assaults.