criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission
No Match for a Good Blaster

My ideas on Hero balancing

sharkman781
131 posts Member
edited April 26
SABER HEROES
-- REY
overall i taught she was a solid hero
optional -- i think i would like the duration of her force sense to be a little longer
-- LUKE
overall i taught he was a solid hero
optional -- better attack cards
-- YODA
the debuff on yoda makes his middle ability to weak (i suppose its to make up for his block)
optional -- i would like yoda to recover his stamina by blocking force skills. like in the movie he would just absorb it
-- KENOBI *
his attack speed is slow and his mind trick feels weaker then rey so i would like the duration to be increased and also to have a disorientation effect
-- ANAKIN *
his OP and they will do a minor debuff so we just have to wait and see
--VADER
his choke leaves you exposed, i think vader should be able to cancel his choke or to throw his victim as a way to end the skill sooner. this extra effect will not cause dmg unless you slam your victim against a wall or something
-- MAUL
he is a solid hero but when he's hit by kenobis mind trick you can't block while the effect its active
his saber throw should be throwned horizontally instead of vertically
Optional -- be able to cancel his choke or throw his victim as a way to end the skill sooner. this extra effect will not cause dmg unless you slam your victim against a wall or something
-- KYLO
i think he is solid character as is
-- GRIEVOUS *
hes attack speed is slow,
thrust surge leaves you exposed (i hope they can fix this issue),
unrelenting advance is useless (i wish you could at least cancel the skill
Optional -- i think i would prefer his skill to be replaced with something else (dirty trick: grievous pulls out a blaster)
Stamina increase, he use to be a warrior and the cybernetics should make him better with stamina
-- DOOKU
i like dooku as is
optional -- i would like his expose weakness to have longer range as well as his lightning

FOR ALL HEROES
-- if you have been immobilized by any means, as soon as you take damage the immobilization effect will be canceled (weather you are hit by a saber or a blaster)

-- wide area attacks will affect everyone caught in them (friend or foe). detrimental effect will affect everyone but direct dmg will only apply to your enemies. (everyone will be knocked if they are cough by push but only your enemies will take damage). allies/yourself and foes will be stunned or poisoned if they are caught or run into the detrimental area of effect

-- add an auto deflect system but effectiveness will be affected by different factors (auto deflect won't activate against skills)

-- force skills should be available while you are air-born (you can use them while in the air)

-- if a saber hero blocks a physical attack (melee or punch) the one who attacked should take some dmg unless his/ her melee its not a physical attack (fett melee is his flamethrower in this case the saber will take dmg) this doesn't apply to rush skills

-- no more dmg reduction while using or charging a force skill if the changes
Post edited by sharkman781 on

Replies

• sharkman781
    131 posts Member
    edited April 26
    BLASTER HEROES
    -- PHASMA
    (haven't tried her)
    -- PALPATINE
    i think that he is fine as is because he can attack from far away while having high avoidance. personally i think i would prefer 1 of his skills allowing him to be a saber fighter and then we can work on balancing (i don't like his current style of fighting)
    -- IDEN
    i think she is fine as is cause she can cause dmg regardless and can stun you if you get too close
    -- BOSSK
    (haven't tried him)
    -- FETT
    i think he is fine as is. the problem is the player. someone that knows how to fight with fett is good from far away and up close but it takes a lot of skill to pull it off unless you run away all the time (which everyone hates)
    -- HAN *
    hes rush skill needs a buff or an improvement (increase the range maybe), other then that i think he is okay
    -- LEIA
    (haven't tried her)
    -- LANDO
    hes fine as is
    Optional -- hes smoke bomb should have a bigger area of effect and add a detrimental effect like slow down or disorientation
    -- FINN
    hes not very agile. his skills slow him down so the suggestions below would benefit him a lot
    -- CHUI *
    he's health regen was weak but it seems they'll fix it in the next update so we just wait and see

FOR ALL HEROES

-- shoot skills (rapid fire) should drain saber heroes stamina faster but if isn't blocked in addition to its regular dmg, health regen will be canceled temporarily

-- shoot skills (single fire) if blocked your opponent will still take dmg but if isn't blocked in addition to causing dmg it should also knock down your opponents

-- wide area attacks will affect everyone caught in them (friend or foe). detrimental effect will affect everyone but direct dmg will only apply to your enemies. (everyone will be knocked if they are cough by an explosion but only your enemies will take damage). allies/yourself and foes will be stunned or poisoned if they are caught or run into the detrimental area of effect

-- blaster heroes should be able to take cover. reducing or nullifying dmg caused by explosives and force skills. if the skill causes knock down, blaster heroes will avoid it by taking cover.

-- take cover will allow heroes to fire with out exposing yourself. this would allow you to place/throw bombs near by and avoid getting hit by it (countering my area of attack idea) but you have to find cover first

-- taking cover will hide you in the radar but not from skills and allow you to hide behind boxes, furniture, and so on....

-- taking cover will not count as a skill. it would be the block version of sabers but for blaster. (aiming as a hero seems pointless to me so this would be a good replacement) for those who don't aim you should be able to switch between them by pressing "y" (controller) don't know what the button is for keyboard

-- rush skills will have dmg penetration
  • sharkman781
    131 posts Member
    edited April 7
    ill update this as updates for heroes are released, i mostly play with saber heroes so i won't emphasize much on blaster heroes and i won't address bugs in the game. ill try to mostly focus on issues that make heroes weaker the others
  • let me know what you guys think about this