criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

All the proof that saber combat is broken in 20 seconds

I'm not even trying to kill vader & I kill him while instantly homing in on Palpatine who I didn't even hit & vader still hits me even though I'm not close to him

Replies

• brienj
    592 posts Member
    Agree. Saber combat is infuriating right now. The stun locks and magnetic saber tracking have been the worst since I started playing the game (May 2018).

For example, while I (as Anakin) was trying to avoid 3 saber villains at once (while waiting for my abilities to come out of cooldown), I dodged around and then jumped into the air. The game never even let me reach my full jump height. I was rubberbanded back to the ground because the magnetic saber tracking didn’t allow me to escape the 3 villains who were attempting to saber spam me to death. None of the villains even had to use an ability to do this. All they did was spam their saber attacks.

Yeah, there is zero skill in HvV, it's just whoever can gang up with the most R2 spam.
  • brienj wrote: »
    Agree. Saber combat is infuriating right now. The stun locks and magnetic saber tracking have been the worst since I started playing the game (May 2018).

For example, while I (as Anakin) was trying to avoid 3 saber villains at once (while waiting for my abilities to come out of cooldown), I dodged around and then jumped into the air. The game never even let me reach my full jump height. I was rubberbanded back to the ground because the magnetic saber tracking didn’t allow me to escape the 3 villains who were attempting to saber spam me to death. None of the villains even had to use an ability to do this. All they did was spam their saber attacks.

Yeah, there is zero skill in HvV, it's just whoever can gang up with the most R2 spam.

teams are even and have the same number of sabers….so how is one team getting ganged up on if they aren't worse?

buggy saber **** is a big issue but unlikely to be consistent enough for you to get beat overall if you're actually better.

and depsite it all blaster master race is still where it's at

sw8vdo61y0sg.png
    61tgj36mc1n9.png

Founding member and commissar in chief of the Church of Janina. PSN: HanGerrelShot1st
  • The rubber banding will never go, looks like it's a problem with frostbite as all their games have it
  • Mashing the Xbone controller I see.
  • SWymsa
    823 posts Member

I'm not even trying to kill vader & I kill him while instantly homing in on Palpatine who I didn't even hit & vader still hits me even though I'm not close to him

There's nothing wrong with it.
  • Thechosen1_anakin
    4274 posts Member
    edited March 10
    TastyNoob wrote: »
    Mashing the Xbone controller I see.

Ps4 & no I don't mash can clearly see I was trying to do 1 last strike on Palpatine & when I thought I did it I stopped swinging
  • SWymsa wrote: »

There's nothing wrong with it.

Spoken like someone who spams

• I'm not even trying to kill vader & I kill him while instantly homing in on Palpatine who I didn't even hit & vader still hits me even though I'm not close to him

I don’t play HvV untill the new saber combat rework will be out on 26th March.
    Right now HvV is really frustrating
  • HvV does require a good bit of skill

As someone that has near zero skill with a saber, I find Anakin can overcome most skill gaps. HvV seemed to require more skill last month.

• brienj
    592 posts Member
    HvV does require a good bit of skill

As someone that has near zero skill with a saber, I find Anakin can overcome most skill gaps. HvV seemed to require more skill last month.

You are correct. With the latest updates, HvV has turned into a mess, with zero skill involved. All it takes is for a team to outnumber you and swarm you, and you are toast. Before these newest updates, you could still hold off 2 or 3 opponents, you can't hold them off at all anymore.
  • Something needs to be done about this
  • TastyNoob wrote: »
    Something needs to be done about this

Respawning 🤢

• Respawning 🤢

No way you’re pulling a kill off me like that
  • WhatAShame
    199 posts Member
    edited March 12
    Yawn, we can all hope nobody over at EA/Dice actually listens to your relentless spam on the forums. 4,000 posts, your name, and profile pic do not make you an authority on gameplay. Sorry bud