criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
August Community Calendar
Battle Point Event Heroes Unleashed

Palpatine Is Fair And Balanced As All Things Should Be

Really though, look at that video and tell me his evade distance needs to be reduced. No one with a straight face can say this isn't a problem. Not my footage, some footage borrowed to help share it around to show the frustration with Palpatine.

Replies

• Bandicoot wrote: »
    1st mistake was trying to take palps with a jedi....

No mistake. No hero should evade this quick. End of story. That was the first mistake.
  • Sgt_Fergus wrote: »
    Bandicoot wrote: »
    1st mistake was trying to take palps with a jedi....

No mistake. No hero should evade this quick. End of story. That was the first mistake.

Rey was faster, just not much faster, really that rey is lucky that palpatine was useless, a good palpatine would have killed rey, she wouldn't have stood a chance. 2nd mistake was expecting an agile hero with no block to be as slow as a hero with a lightsaber defense.
  • No heroes should forever evade like that. Because that plays out into ga as well and that's not balanced if he can forever run in, zap, run away, run in zap, run away
    No heroes should forever evade like that. Because that plays out into ga as well and that's not balanced if he can forever run in, zap, run away, run in zap, run away

He has no block and his dmg output is one of the weakest among heroes. He is balanced. Let none touch these robes

He has chain lightning, dark aura and shock stun effect. That's better than almost all the blaster heroes and yes still needs to flee? Give me a break
    Sgt_Fergus wrote: »
    No heroes should forever evade like that. Because that plays out into ga as well and that's not balanced if he can forever run in, zap, run away, run in zap, run away

He has no block and his dmg output is one of the weakest among heroes. He is balanced. Let none touch these robes

He has chain lightning, dark aura and shock stun effect. That's better than almost all the blaster heroes and yes still needs to flee? Give me a break

Yes, he needs to flee 'cause Han wipes the floor with him, if he doesn't.

8dh69o72w6hm.jpg

That's not a valid excuse then we might as well make it a run away simulator. Fleeing should only be short for you to think of a new strategy or die. Not flee for over several minutes

That's not a valid excuse then we might as well make it a run away simulator. Fleeing should only be short for you to think of a new strategy or die. Not flee for over several minutes

Relax. The devs are experimenting with a new version of HvV without the target system. You wont have to chase anyone you dont wish to if they roll out that new mode.
  • He may be awkward to catch with someone who knows how to use him but he never lasts that long when I'm chasing him. It's fun to play him and fun to chase him. Never been an issue for me.
    My youtube channel Star Wars Battlefront, Battlefield 4 etc gameplay https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCF4zDYJfLp_rvcKzALVEXHA?view_as=subscriber
  • The 'git gud' is strong here.... (said in creepy palp voice)
  • Sgt_Fergus
    2244 posts Member
    edited March 11
    The 'git gud' is strong here.... (said in creepy palp voice)

Says git gud. Then that person spends 5 minutes chasing palpy and fails lol

What about boba? Lets take away his jetpack (the only thing that makes him good)

What about boba? Lets take away his jetpack (the only thing that makes him good)

even then he is being brought up about same issue. I suggested in the past either make it so when he is marked, no jetpacking or that it drains much faster. until we get Sabina or Maz that also have jetpacks to counter, it is kinda broken to have it. especially when people now want jango. all the other blaster heroes on the light side, they don't have quick get aways. they rely on evade. yet palpy got a ling distance evave and a stun. So theoretically, he can run away for ever, if anyone gets lucky to get close by taking a short cut, just shock them and run away again. so instead of people a game of better man wins, it becomes a game of cat and mouse. where other heroes aren't so lucky. even boba on some maps can't get away easily like endor for HvV but for Tatooine it's a playground for him to get away because of tall structures to hideaway. But PPalpy can just go around the map doing circles and never have to engage yet is ranked the highest with stun, chain, and dark aura so he is already an actual fair fight if a player knows how to use him. most of the justification is secretly "idk how to use palpy effectively so its justified i can just keep running away". and again, it's not just HvV, back when palpy was electrocuting people through doors and windows and stuff all like palpy sympathizers were like "well just pull out vanguard and chance him down" when all he had to do was fly away with that quick escape after getting through all the enemies defending him first and then run back into his spawn where he is safe. even boba has some justification as he has ridiculously low health but palpy.... ya... don't even need to explain that as #2 in quickest getting health back right next to Bossk.

even then he is being brought up about same issue. I suggested in the past either make it so when he is marked, no jetpacking or that it drains much faster. until we get Sabina or Maz that also have jetpacks to counter, it is kinda broken to have it. especially when people now want jango. all the other blaster heroes on the light side, they don't have quick get aways. they rely on evade. yet palpy got a ling distance evave and a stun. So theoretically, he can run away for ever, if anyone gets lucky to get close by taking a short cut, just shock them and run away again. so instead of people a game of better man wins, it becomes a game of cat and mouse. where other heroes aren't so lucky. even boba on some maps can't get away easily like endor for HvV but for Tatooine it's a playground for him to get away because of tall structures to hideaway. But PPalpy can just go around the map doing circles and never have to engage yet is ranked the highest with stun, chain, and dark aura so he is already an actual fair fight if a player knows how to use him. most of the justification is secretly "idk how to use palpy effectively so its justified i can just keep running away". and again, it's not just HvV, back when palpy was electrocuting people through doors and windows and stuff all like palpy sympathizers were like "well just pull out vanguard and chance him down" when all he had to do was fly away with that quick escape after getting through all the enemies defending him first and then run back into his spawn where he is safe. even boba has some justification as he has ridiculously low health but palpy.... ya... don't even need to explain that as #2 in quickest getting health back right next to Bossk.

You leave me no choice, but to use the ultimate argument. Ekhm...
    GIT GUUUUUUUD!

8dh69o72w6hm.jpg

• brienj
    680 posts Member

OMG, people actually want Maz as a Hero? *sigh*
  • ElfiGreen4
    281 posts Member
    edited March 12
    Straight up silly post, palpatine is rubbish currently his only offence is his dashead, half the time it's not quick enough to evaid bold and force abilities however his electrocute ability I believe could be tampered with to allow him to block after it casts 2 walls of electrocute, holding down R1 would bring up his block from battlefront 1 best solution in order to make him and that ability actually useful.

• GIT GUUUUUUUD!

get a better comeback. I can tell you didn't watch the video so your opinion means little to nothing.
    brienj wrote: »
    OMG, people actually want Maz as a Hero? *sigh*

Maz or Sabina, just anyone that counter as a jetpack hero for the hero side.
    ElfiGreen4 wrote: »
    Straight up silly post, palpatine is rubbish currently his only offence is his dashead, half the time it's not quick enough to evaid bold and force abilities however his electrocute ability I believe could be tampered with to allow him to block after it casts 2 walls of electrocute, holding down R1 would bring up his block from battlefront 1 best solution in order to make him and that ability actually useful.

if players think his only offense is to dash away like a coward, they are bad players. Dash around the enemies to get them clustered, dash back, stun, chain, dark aura and cash circles around then again. Stop, zap hit, stop, zap hits, stop, zap hits again. it's really said if people are this bad at using him they have to justify running away. if you can't get kills with him, then suggest picking a different hero character. not to mention the **** that still exists that as long as you are mid animation, not abilities will effect you. i have caught this numerous times where i through a stun, and an infantry man can simple do a roll, WITHIN THE AFFECTED AREA, and not be affected. In fact 1 guy for the longs time, small youtuber, did a ton of videos showing this that as like as you dash left or right or back while a hero tries to force pull or force push, it won't affect you, even if you are still in the affected area where you land after the evade animation. Evade went back to, even if you swing, if they evade, no damage is applied effect.

But other than blocking blaster bolts, ya he will be weaker around saber heroes. but that's the game of rock, paper, scissors. Blaster heroes stand no match to saber heroes when they get close for most. Phasma has to rely on her bot and if that zap doesn't pay of, she gets ****ing swamped on. If Boba out of jetpack fuel, he gets swamped, if han's detonite charge or lando's stun don't pay off, guess what happens, they get ****ing swamped mate. That's where saber heroes take the lead. but it's risk vs reward. Leia is the most screwed, she has nothing but evade which is nothing if you get 2 saber villains on her, no pun intended.

But palpy "oh, i can't fight them because I don't know how to use him well enough against ranged heroes and i have this ridiculously long distance evade to get me out of jail freed card.... well then in that case
  • Palpatine is well balanced. U just have to think to kill one.
  • >Trying to take on Palpatine as Rey
  • This is a hvv target problem, there's always gonna be characters slower than another, so someones always gonna be faster to run away.

Ill say it again.... The 'git gud' is strong here.... (said in creepy palp voice)
    This is a hvv target problem, there's always gonna be characters slower than another, so someones always gonna be faster to run away.

Ill say it again.... The 'git gud' is strong here.... (said in creepy palp voice)

Saying get good but then admitting there I'd a problem with the game. A) all targeted players should have fast dodge moves that can be used for endless running away to be slowed. B) as stated prior of past pappy wall glitching even in GA the whole flying away you are there for no longer justified to say git gud. That's what exploiter says when he knows no how good the player, he can always run away making him the true coward when he can't take on a vanguard
    Terranova4 wrote: »
    >Trying to take on Palpatine as Rey

Don t matter, all players should be able to catch up. Not a 5 min long run away cat n mouse game.
    Decrypt3_ wrote: »
    Palpatine is well balanced. U just have to think to kill one.

Thinking of killing pappy doesn't make it magically happen
    This is a hvv target problem, there's always gonna be characters slower than another, so someones always gonna be faster to run away.

Saying get good but then admitting there I'd a problem with the game. A) all targeted players should have fast dodge moves that can be used for endless running away to be slowed. B) as stated prior of past pappy wall glitching even in GA the whole flying away you are there for no longer justified to say git gud. That's what exploiter says when he knows no how good the player, he can always run away making him the true coward when he can't take on a vanguard
    Terranova4 wrote: »
    >Trying to take on Palpatine as Rey

Don t matter, all players should be able to catch up. Not a 5 min long run away cat n mouse game.
    Decrypt3_ wrote: »
    Palpatine is well balanced. U just have to think to kill one.

Thinking of killing pappy doesn't make it magically happen

Yes it does. Hes vulnerable to anything unless he dashes
  • So are blaster heroes. That's a bad argument. Han don't got **** to to stop blasters from hitting him other than cover just like palpy.
  • I find it a problem that the most powerful Sith Lord has to run to begin with. He should obliterate at least two Jedi at a time with relative ease, not run away because, Han, or Lando might shoot him, or get hacked down by the untrained, Mary Sue Whatshername. I can't believe you're posing this as a serious post for Rey against the single Sith Lord who single handedly wiped out the entirety of the Jedi order, and their alliances.
  • 2,000 posts and you have no idea what you're talking about. That's a bad Rey, probably bad card selection for dealing with palp as well, and **** doesn't try to cut him off just gets kited all over the place. Lol this forum is unbelievable.
  • WhatAShame wrote: »
    2,000 posts and you have no idea what you're talking about. That's a bad Rey, probably bad card selection for dealing with palp as well, and **** doesn't try to cut him off just gets kited all over the place. Lol this forum is unbelievable.

Less than 200 posts and you don't know what you are talking about. You are new here. Bet you the one always running away in Hob
    I find it a problem that the most powerful Sith Lord has to run to begin with. He should obliterate at least two Jedi at a time with relative ease, not run away because, Han, or Lando might shoot him, or get hacked down by the untrained, Mary Sue Whatshername. I can't believe you're posing this as a serious post for Rey against the single Sith Lord who single handedly wiped out the entirety of the Jedi order, and their alliances.

If he is suppose to be a bad was than why you running away instead of fighting. Either palpy is bad, which per ranking videos based on his abilities came as #2 in most, or you are bad.i wonder which lol.
  • WhatAShame
    199 posts Member
    edited March 16
    WhatAShame wrote: »
    2,000 posts and you have no idea what you're talking about. That's a bad Rey, probably bad card selection for dealing with palp as well, and **** doesn't try to cut him off just gets kited all over the place. Lol this forum is unbelievable.

Less than 200 posts and you don't know what you are talking about. You are new here. Bet you the one always running away in Hob

lgylrdeepefn.jpg

lol 1v1 anytime newb, it's obvious you are bad. You're the one with a problem with Palpatine (not me)
  • brienj
    680 posts Member
    Love all the people that claim to be experts on the game, yet they always ask for a 1v1 in a game which does not have any 1v1 modes ...
  • WhatAShame wrote: »
    WhatAShame wrote: »

lgylrdeepefn.jpg

lol 1v1 anytime newb, it's obvious you are bad. You're the one with a problem with Palpatine (not me)

That's because you are the one that runs away like a coward

This. Rey has one of the most pathetic CC abilities. You should have respawned as someone who could actually hit Palp instead of using the one character made to fight melee
  • I find it a problem that the most powerful Sith Lord has to run to begin with. He should obliterate at least two Jedi at a time with relative ease, not run away because, Han, or Lando might shoot him, or get hacked down by the untrained, Mary Sue Whatshername. I can't believe you're posing this as a serious post for Rey against the single Sith Lord who single handedly wiped out the entirety of the Jedi order, and their alliances.

To be fair he only killed 2. One ran away and Anakin killed the others. Windo only counts as an assist
  • Novafire wrote: »

This. Rey has one of the most pathetic CC abilities. You should have respawned as someone who could actually hit Palp instead of using the one character made to fight melee

Repeating again "Blaster heroes don't have block and don't get the excuse to run a mile away" and if you picked a blaster hero to hit palpy at rang, he would swarm you with his electricity and dark aura as it goes through pretty much everything... until update that stop it from going through walls.

Novafire wrote: »

Repeating again "Blaster heroes don't have block and don't get the excuse to run a mile away" and if you picked a blaster hero to hit palpy at rang, he would swarm you with his electricity and dark aura as it goes through pretty much everything... until update that stop it from going through walls.

But it doesn't go through walls for over a year

8dh69o72w6hm.jpg

Novafire wrote: »

But it doesn't go through walls for over a year

I just said that. but that is fallacy of going off on tangent, main point is blaster heroes can't get away from saber heroes and how do they deal with it? Exactly
  • Relax. The devs are experimenting with a new version of HvV without the target system. You wont have to chase anyone you dont wish to if they roll out that new mode.
    They are? Then there's still hope.
  • Never had a problem against Palpatine. As blaster hero he's easy target. When chasing him as force user, and he evades far away... well then, i will meet him from the other side or focus on other targets. Slitherine gameplay add a little challenge, but if you are INSTANT-KILL-360-NO-SCOPE-ONE-CLICK-1337-OMG-boy, then i understand your struggle.
  • Chewie beats all. Palps running? Throw shock nade at him with max range and melt his face. Boba flying around? Swat him out the sky with ease by charging shots and watch them either swap or get bullied by you. Chewie should have been sent to kill Palps in the movies if he had the power he has in this game.
  • Sgt_Fergus
    2244 posts Member
    FantasyMan wrote: »
    Never had a problem against Palpatine. As blaster hero he's easy target. When chasing him as force user, and he evades far away... well then, i will meet him from the other side or focus on other targets. Slitherine gameplay add a little challenge, but if you are INSTANT-KILL-360-NO-SCOPE-ONE-CLICK-1337-OMG-boy, then i understand your struggle.

You won't be meeting him on the other side since he will be evading you back to the beginning
    KingGibbon wrote: »
    Chewie beats all. Palps running? Throw shock nade at him with max range and melt his face. Boba flying around? Swat him out the sky with ease by charging shots and watch them either swap or get bullied by you. Chewie should have been sent to kill Palps in the movies if he had the power he has in this game.

Chewie is a joke atm and you ain't shooting or stunning palpy on the other side of the map lol