criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

This game is officially at an all-time low - Updated 5/22

Prev13456733
Rivershark56
2701 posts Member
edited May 23
Hey DICE!

So I wake up this morning and come downstairs, Uber Eats my normal Sunday morning McDonald's breakfast and settle into the couch ready to start the day with a few hours of Battlefront. Then it's off to do chores, errands and set myself up for the coming week. Typical Sunday.

So this morning. I get my treats, fire up the game, rage quit my first round of Galactic Assault due to ridiculous poopies, join a different game of GA, rage quit again, join a HvV match to try to level up a couple heroes, and rage quit again. Then I get on the forums, rage post there until I cool off. Then proceed to play nearly all the Starfighter Assault maps and a few rounds of Extraction.

Due to the lack of maps, you can only play 4 rounds of Extraction in a day before it becomes boring. Starfighter Assault is amazing but we've been playing the same limited amount of maps for 16 months. Strike and Blast are boring and are usually dominated by Enforcers. Hero Starfighters, Hero Showdown and Ewok Hunt are a joke.

So I ask, in all seriousness, what in the monkey **** am I supposed to play?

In Battlefront 2015, 16 months after it was released, I had tons of options to keep me glued to the TV. Some days, I could play the Extraction DLC for 6 straight hours without stopping. If I got bored, I could make a trench run, play some cargo, jump into some Sabotage on Bespin, have some epic rounds of Walker Assault, switch it up and play Supremacy or Turning Point and lastly I could have a far superior version of HvV that had tons of replayability. Heck, all those modes had tons of replayability. You could choose any mode listed above and play it for an entire session and not get bored. That meant you could play every day for a week, and not have to play the same mode on a given day.

Now here we are in BF2, with the only mode with that much replayability (Galactic Assault) being broken and completely unplayable. Even if it wasn't this broken, it has been the only serious mode in the game since launch so it's getting played out as it is anyway.

What is going on? What is the plan to fix this mess? Why do I constantly feel punished for being a dedicated, loyal player to the franchise? Who needs to be tagged for answers?

Fix this game or Killswitch it so players will slide back to BF2015 and have an amazing Star Wars experience again.

Quick fix: Heroes Unleashed made permanent (although who knows how that will play with The Chosen One in the mix). It's worth a shot.

Better fix: MORE MAPS FOR EXTRACTION. This goes without saying. We've been begging for it since last July or whatever.

Another fix: Cargo and Supremacy make a return. More modes to choose from is a must right now!

Fix the game! Fix it NOW.

5/22 Update:

Hero spam is still a huge problem. Anakin seems better. After about 4 hours of Capital Supremacy I feel like I had a chance of survival as Bossk which is new and quite welcome. That doesn't completely fix the issue that hero spam is all over the place.

Capital Supremacy: It's a complete joke that as one of the top players I never get to be a hero because I don't use cheese tactics by sitting in respawn screen, spamming a hero I want, while I let the enemy team drag out the match. Respawn screen camping is at an all-time high and it pretty much ruins the experience. Every time I got a hero in the time I played it was because I committed suicide and spammed buttons. So ridiculous.

HvV: It's still a stun-fest like before. None of the mechanics have really changed. Saber spam, stun spam, all still dominate rounds. However! No more runner cheese or map exploits so far (about 11 rounds played) so it's already significantly better than before. Runners and exploiters are furious. Whatever.

Starfighter Assault: Hands down the best mode in the game. Absolutely no love in this update.

Extraction: Hands down best trooper mode in the game. Absolutely no love in the update.

So what exactly has changed so much to consider this game to be any higher than "an all-time low"? Nothing. Absolutely nothing has changed besides maybe Anakin going from a God-Tier Weapon of Mass Destruction to a WWII WMD. Hurray for that!
Post edited by Rivershark56 on

Replies

• Lee1981
    1939 posts Member
    Lee1981 wrote: »
    Don’t know what’s up with you 2, we got an emote wheel, what more can you want ;)

-_-

That's a joke, right?

Personally, I need more offline modes. Without PS Plus, and I'm not willing to pay, I am bound to Arcade which lacks content. There are two versions of two modes. Team Battle and Onslaught, for Ground and Starfighter. I need more.
    re96txawm0bm.gif

• ROMG4
    2440 posts Member
    Peepzilla wrote: »
    How you can roll out a SEQUEL game and not feature the same content PLUS more in the second game

tenor.gif
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    The OOM-9 Thread
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76756/the-oom-9-thread-9-9-the-phantom-droid/p1
  • DJ1
    29 posts Member
    Hey DICE!

So I wake up this morning and come downstairs, Uber Eats my normal Sunday morning McDonald's breakfast and settle into the couch ready to start the day with a few hours of Battlefront. Then it's off to do chores, errands and set myself up for the coming week. Typical Sunday.

So this morning. I get my treats, fire up the game, rage quit my first round of Galactic Assault due to ridiculous poopies, join a different game of GA, rage quit again, join a HvV match to try to level up a couple heroes, and rage quit again. Then I get on the forums, rage post there until I cool off. Then proceed to play nearly all the Starfighter Assault maps and a few rounds of Extraction.

Due to the lack of maps, you can only play 4 rounds of Extraction in a day before it becomes boring. Starfighter Assault is amazing but we've been playing the same limited amount of maps for 16 months. Strike and Blast are boring and are usually dominated by Enforcers. Hero Starfighters, Hero Showdown and Ewok Hunt are a joke.

So I ask, in all seriousness, what in the monkey **** am I supposed to play?

In Battlefront 2015, 16 months after it was released, I had tons of options to keep me glued to the TV. Some days, I could play the Extraction DLC for 6 straight hours without stopping. If I got bored, I could make a trench run, play some cargo, jump into some Sabotage on Bespin, have some epic rounds of Walker Assault, switch it up and play Supremacy or Turning Point and lastly I could have a far superior version of HvV that had tons of replayability. Heck, all those modes had tons of replayability. You could choose any mode listed above and play it for an entire session and not get bored. That meant you could play every day for a week, and not have to play the same mode on a given day.

Now here we are in BF2, with the only mode with that much replayability (Galactic Assault) being broken and completely unplayable. Even if it wasn't this broken, it has been the only serious mode in the game since launch so it's getting played out as it is anyway.

What is going on? What is the plan to fix this mess? Why do I constantly feel punished for being a dedicated, loyal player to the franchise? Who needs to be tagged for answers?

Fix this game or Killswitch it so players will slide back to BF2015 and have an amazing Star Wars experience again.

Quick fix: Heroes Unleashed made permanent (although who knows how that will play with The Chosen One in the mix). It's worth a shot.

Better fix: MORE MAPS FOR EXTRACTION. This goes without saying. We've been begging for it since last July or whatever.

Another fix: Cargo and Supremacy make a return. More modes to choose from is a must right now!

Fix the game! Fix it NOW.

Wow ... Solid Post Op !!

• So I ask, in all seriousness, what in the monkey **** am I supposed play?.
    Buy another game???
  • Jax1
    31 posts Member
    The only thing in GA that's broken and unplayable (against) is Anakin being a single man carry without even trying. He can kill four heroes with the push of a button, and they didn't get any warning whatsoever. Also PD + PS
  • Wow that was deep OP.

I haven't played for a week.

Oh I'm afraid that my lack in confidence in this game has finally gone. I love the clone Wars but spreading it over 5 months has killed this game for me.

The only reason it's still installed is for my youngest whom would only play arcade. He has now went back to 2005 battlefront. He said better maps. I said but it doesn't look as pretty. He said dad everybody gets old and don't look pretty but if they are nice they stay nice forever.

Out the mouths of babes I tell ya.

But yeah he just want anikan and the 501st. I'm a wolf pack guy myself, wife was a phase 1 shinny, my 16 year old is a marine. He said the other day laughing "I told you it will be trash! That's why I didn't buy anything from EA. Come to the PC side pops and I'll hook you up on some real games with mods. " . My wife said she is going to buy me a PC and get me arma 3 with star wars mods.

End of my rant. Back to you Johnny with the traffic.
  • DJ1
    29 posts Member
    ... Also, we need maps (for all modes), Cargo, Supremacy/TP, blasters and BF15 hero ports.

^^^
  • TastyNoob wrote: »

So I ask, in all seriousness, what in the monkey **** am I supposed play?.
    Buy another game???

Just what EA/DICE wants to hear when it comes to the SWBF franchise. Go buy another game. Brilliant!

The op is right.
    #StarWars-y
  • TastyNoob wrote: »

So I ask, in all seriousness, what in the monkey **** am I supposed play?.
    Buy another game???

Yeah, I'm aware there are more games out there. I actually have bought a game since BF2 came out. I recently bought Resident Evil 2, remake of the earlier version, and I've enjoyed it but it doesn't fill my Star Wars craving. I played Resident Evil 2 back in the day religiously. It was my favorite game in an influential part of my gaming life.

Normally, I agree with you. Move on to greener pastures (like maybe RDR2). But here's the thing. BF2015 clued me into the possibility that a Star Wars game is capable of and it was an adrenaline rush I haven't felt in any other game I've ever played. It tapped into a childhood of Wookiees and Dark Side emotions that I never knew existed. Yes, I'm a Star Wars junky. Is it sad? Maybe to you. But I'm proud to love Star Wars. So to fully respond to your recommendation, I'd say, "why are you trolling this post?"
  • The thing to do is dump support for this game and get to back to work on a real Mp game, that would be bf15. JK lol, but seriously, it’s a real shame a superior game,(bf15), was dumped for this 2nd rate, 2nd tier, feel happy for the herohordes game.

I'm throwing you a like because I generally agree with everything you say. The only thing that's different is the enjoyment of the hero addition to a FPS game. I actually really love the hero aspect of the game.

I DO NOT WANT A BATTLEFRONT GAME WITHOUT HEROES.

Sorry, not upset, just want to make my stance crystal clear. Because BF2015 did a great job of integrating heroes into certain Marquee modes. And BF2015 HvV was one of my favorite modes to play between either game. I love the hero aspect of Battlefront. But the addition of heroes to BF2 has been sloppy and unbalanced from the start. The target system and 4v4 part of BF2 HvV has made that mode virtually unplayable since launch. The extra heroes added to Galactic Assault has made the mode "fragile" in terms of balance.

But the lack of options for different modes is outrageous. It's only emphasized now because of how broken Galactic Assault is due to Anakin being insanely OP in closed quarters and the amount of obnoxious grenade, flash, etc spam that any given GA round can create.

@AbyssWatch3r . You know I love the hero play of Galactic Assault and have fought hard for hero buffs and true value for your BP spending in a given round. But if you've played over the last week or two, even you can probably agree that Galactic Assault is broken right now. More so than any other time people have whined about things that killed them.

The reason I think it feels like herolords is because they haven't given us any kind of reasonable option to play. Extraction is the closest thing and we have TWO MAPS, and one is freaking recycling! Hahaha. What the flipity monkey bark tree is that?

• Let's see how much lower it can get. My guess? Beginning of the end
  • I think you should be playing more soft music, because you got a quitting problem.
  • mxztuubrxz0e.jpg
    "epic rounds of Walker Assault"?????
    Never played the 2015 version - but I could appreciate an "Epic Walker Assault" any day + Super Bowl Sunday
    I gaze up at those Gorilla Walkers... wondering... waiting... for a chance to split that dirty cavern on Crait like a grape... chase those dirty Rebels (ooh wait, Rey on the other side lifting rocks - Luke Ghost creepin).
    Or, what if I had a Gorilla Walker on Jakku - smash thru that dirty 2nd phase/// park at the shuttle???? Dirty Walker Assault
  • I think just having some of the options of the last game would do a lot for this game. Adding map selection and private matches would go a long way imo, also give extraction 3 or 4 more maps and it would feel like a new game.
  • My hope and guess is DICE Team is currently busy and fully focused on creating new content surrounding the NEW MODE

Possible leaked Yavin IV images for the new Conquest Titan mode anyone? :*

gr4dFMX.jpg

gtyvdPM.png
  • Yeah, it's pretty sad. I was still enjoying bf15 when this one came out, but I'm struggling to continue with this. Ga has always had its problems, but now its completely ruined by Anakin. I might give RDR2 a go again, that's how boring this has become.
  • Yeah, it's pretty sad. I was still enjoying bf15 when this one came out, but I'm struggling to continue with this. Ga has always had its problems, but now its completely ruined by Anakin. I might give RDR2 a go again, that's how boring this has become.

I enjoyed BF2015 all the way up until the Beta of BF2. At that point, I was emotionally confused because BF2 had this illusion of being the upgraded game with more to offer than BF2015.

I'm about to attempt to find a match of BF2015.
  • I clearly must be in the minority’ while I realize this game has massive flaws I still find it enjoyable played a ton of BF1 as well it had its flaws but none the less I enjoyed it all the same
    jq0njy0nr4fo.gif
  • There's just no way to tell what NEEDS to be done if you look at the forums. It's all over the place and the blame is only EVER exclusively on the devs and literally nothing else. I mena, look at Anakin. "He's too OP and the damage has no counter" they say as they do the exact thing that the ability in question is based around.
  • “Officially”

u6ly95oqieyy.gif
    PSN: DarthLano19
  • I played a few rounds of Extraction and HvV in BF2015 last night. Took time getting used to the gunplay differences. And there is something to be said about the updated gunplay of BF2. It is better in multiple ways. But man, there are just so many things that BF2015 did better. Being back in the Sorosuub pipelines was thrilling. Why they left all those gorgeous maps out of BF2 is beyond my compression capabilities.

DICE did some great things with this game, just not enough to increase the fun/replay factor so this game has become repetitive/boring.
    Been playing some 15 to get my SW fix. Sullust!
    I can get full matches of either WA/TP and Supremacy in SWBF15, come to back to this game to see if I can get a few GA matches on the few maps I'll still play only to watch players drop off the list when playing as Imperials/FO/Droids so the game starts 14 vs. 20. No thanks. Quit.
    Matchmaking and team balancing has been abysmal but is "fixed" which is why the subject is censored.
    Release play tested yet broken heroes and constantly attempt to find "hero balance" for 2 completely separate modes.
    Same blasters since launch but have another clone skin that is a different yellow than the other yellow clone skin.
    Lack of new/ported maps for all modes.
    Lack of fun modes.
    New mode consistently delayed and can't even say what it is called.
    Wait over 9 months for 1 new map with horrible balance issues and only 3 modes.
    Never thought to make campaign maps available for mp.
    Interesting concept of a hunt mode but limits it to 1 map and only Ewoks. No Wampa hunt on twilight Hoth or Rancor hunt on Tatooine.
    SA is not ignored yet no one at DICE can provide any communication on the SA thread.
    Can't respawn as a hero ship in HvV SA so the mode is like EH and JPC, unofficially dead.
    Can't spawn on aerials any longer because of Blast which impacts GA.
    Since the emote wheel, almost no one emotes any longer but apparently this is something the community wanted.
    Long time bugs still linger and impact game play both troopers and heroes.
    Stats?
    Roadmap?
    I could go on but why bother as has been commented several times over various threads by various long time members and nothing is improving.

Great post. Completely agree with you on all accounts.
  • I played a few rounds of Extraction and HvV in BF2015 last night. Took time getting used to the gunplay differences. And there is something to be said about the updated gunplay of BF2. It is better in multiple ways. But man, there are just so many things that BF2015 did better. Being back in the Sorosuub pipelines was thrilling. Why they left all those gorgeous maps out of BF2 is beyond my compression capabilities.

Yup. Did some 2015 HvV, Death Star and Walker Assault the other day. Had so much fun and surprised to find full lobbies (Xbox).
  • hosco33
    165 posts Member
    I agree as well. No chance I would be playing this if it weren't Star Wars.

I don't even play videogames anymore, just bought the console to play this one.
  • I want a McDonalds breakfast now.
  • TheScape
    2024 posts Member
    Piscettios wrote: »
    I'm assuming the reason most of us are still here and playing the game (or at least somewhat playing...er, um, at least haven't uninstalled the game) is simply because it's Star Wars. Imagine if it were more generic and not based on such a storied franchise. No one would be around anymore with all these persistent bugs, lack of information, and slowly released content.
    Spot on for me.

I agree as well. No chance I would be playing this if it weren't Star Wars.

Same here. Not a chance.

Same. And I hardly playing at all anymore. It’s all on the new mode at this point.

I think most of us are on the same boat. Unless they suddenly announce a lot more maps for most modes (which is highly unlikely), the new mode is what keeps me here.
    May your heart be your guiding key.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!