criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

What really needs to be done to improve the game, and quality of life for BOTH parties.

-Step 1: Stop requesting every single thing to be changed and focus on what really needs it.
If DICE was really looking at the forums to exclusively decide what needs changing, there'd be no legitimate way to tell what really needed fixing. Anakin doesn't need a nerf just because of one ability, we just need people to actually think before doing, because there is a simple counter to it that people do not do. Officers don't need their weapons nerfed, because that's not why they were and are so ridiculously common. Their commands and their point rewards need to be changed to actually give points based on WHAT they improve so they have a reason to use them when needed and no just for points on random groups who don't need it.
-Step 2: Do no assume nerf and buff is not the only way to change, because that insinuates that there is not downside and can only go up or down.
Let's use the Officer from as the example. The Officer is in a good place right now overall, weapons are actually being used beyond the Blurrg, and abilities are left/right abilities are varied across the board, even with the GA roles either way. But the points from the commands need changing, but not nerfed because the abilities themselves are not overpowered, nor do they need a buff because they work like they are supposed to in the situations they need to. It is only the points, and again, they do not need a flat-out nerf or buff, because they need a complete change besides just simple addition/subtraction. Points based solely around the situation those buffs are needed in, like damage taken while boosted, or damage dealt with unlimited cooling, but not just points ONLY on the number of people affected.
-Step 3: Recognize DICE is not solely responsible for every single abused mechanic, ability, or concept in this game or the forums.
No developer ever is in the history of gaming. Yes, they're in the game, yes they are abusable, but it's because there are people who spend time intentionally looking for them and using them for an advantage over others because that's what communities do in gaming. If you do not do this and enjoy the game as is and do what you want because you like it, you are not included in this, that is obvious. It is our responsibility to be the ones that point out the flaws, that call out the mechanics, that show off everything that is wrong that should be different, and then tell them in a way that's not a jumbled mess of "Nerf this, nerf that, this killed me and I didn't kill it", it needs more serious focus. Step 1, team, step 1.
This game has every right to be great and the community has every opportunity to help it out here, but there really needs to be a step back and looking at EVERYTHING Battlefront, not just '15's, not just the original BFII, but every single one of them to see what was right in those games and bring them here. For example, heroes in 2015's Battlefront instant killed everything, but felt more managable despite being tanks, and in the original 2's gameplay, the saber combat was very smooth and didn't have the rigid targeting requirement that doesn't work in this one. Look at everything and be very specific. The game's changes start with us, and we absolutely can make it so they know exactly how to make it beyond amazing. But that has to start with fixing what we have instead of wanting more. There is no point adding more clothes to a pile of laundry and wondering why they're not getting clean.

Replies

• I feel Anakin most definitely needs a nerf. He may have counters to his powers but hes not even balanced within his own team. I would find is very hard to argue that Obiwan, Luke, Yoda, Rey are remotely close to Anakin's level of play. Just because something can be beat doesnt mean its not broken. Its not just 1 ability that makes him broken either, his whole kit is too good. Take away any 1 of his abilities and he would still be top tier with the left over 3.

For the Officer example, reducing the amount of points gained to certain situations is still a nerf. Posters should specify how a thing should be nerfed/buffed, but you dont ask for a change to something and not expect it to change its overall effectiveness.

As for the gaming community using/abusing broken mechanics, Dice is responsible, because they made the game. That being said, they dont have to fix things, since some things could be intentional or not a "problem" in Dice's eye. Players finding these mechanics aren't at fault for exploiting them either. Not everyone plays this game for "casual fun" (I dont mean this as an insult). Players find "fun" in pure competition. Like I said, I find Anakin broken, but I understand players using him. Hes easier to get top spots and win games IMO. Just like players complaining about how the DL44 "requires no skill" to win in BF1 (2015). "Skill" is an opinion and players shouldn't expect other players to follow their "honor" system or how they play the game. It may make other players unhappy but thats up to Dice to decide if it needs changing.

Overall I agree, the community can be a lot more clear on what they want and try to insert their own ideas of how to change things.
  • Natalie wrote: »
    I feel Anakin most definitely needs a nerf. He may have counters to his powers but hes not even balanced within his own team. I would find is very hard to argue that Obiwan, Luke, Yoda, Rey are remotely close to Anakin's level of play. Just because something can be beat doesnt mean its not broken. Its not just 1 ability that makes him broken either, his whole kit is too good. Take away any 1 of his abilities and he would still be top tier with the left over 3.

For the Officer example, reducing the amount of points gained to certain situations is still a nerf. Posters should specify how a thing should be nerfed/buffed, but you dont ask for a change to something and not expect it to change its overall effectiveness.

As for the gaming community using/abusing broken mechanics, Dice is responsible, because they made the game. That being said, they dont have to fix things, since some things could be intentional or not a "problem" in Dice's eye. Players finding these mechanics aren't at fault for exploiting them either. Not everyone plays this game for "casual fun" (I dont mean this as an insult). Players find "fun" in pure competition. Like I said, I find Anakin broken, but I understand players using him. Hes easier to get top spots and win games IMO. Just like players complaining about how the DL44 "requires no skill" to win in BF1 (2015). "Skill" is an opinion and players shouldn't expect other players to follow their "honor" system or how they play the game. It may make other players unhappy but thats up to Dice to decide if it needs changing.

Overall I agree, the community can be a lot more clear on what they want and try to insert their own ideas of how to change things.

This. I dont know why everyone assumes when people say that Anakin is OP means hes unkillable or that he should be nerfed extremely. He needs more tweaks and anyone that says otherwise is in absolute denial. Its almost like people forgot about the whole Chewbacca debacle where he could single handedly destroy an enemy team.
  • Lee1981
    1723 posts Member
    Anakin doesn't need a nerf just because of one ability, we just need people to actually think before doing, because there is a simple counter to it
    Your talking rubbish

It isn’t just 1 ability, his pull has massive range, his retribution is massively op as well

Answer me this then, how come players who openly admit they are rubbish at this game (members on this forum) can go on over 50+ killstreaks?

We both know the answer, Anakin is super op the nerf did nothing to stop him in GA
  • Phyxsius
    356 posts Member
    edited March 11
    Recognize DICE is not solely responsible for every single abused mechanic, ability, or concept in this game or the forums.
    No developer ever is in the history of gaming

Of course they are. 10 dmg per shot is and always will be 10 dmg per shot. If it's 9 or 11 without modifiers, then the code is bad and, by extension, the person who made it and, by extension, the Q&A department that advised it and, by definition, the darn studio that let the patch hit live servers.

It wasn't the Tooth Fairy, OP, it was DICE. It's always DICE when it comes to game mechanics, regardless if it's own employee or outsourced.
    Post edited by Phyxsius on
  • Lee1981 wrote: »
    Anakin doesn't need a nerf just because of one ability, we just need people to actually think before doing, because there is a simple counter to it
    Your talking rubbish

It isn’t just 1 ability, his pull has massive range, his retribution is massively op as well

Answer me this then, how come players who openly admit they are rubbish at this game (members on this forum) can go on over 50+ killstreaks?

We both know the answer, Anakin is super op the nerf did nothing to stop him in GA

Lmao his pull has just as much range as kylo & he's not super op. His ultimate is the only thing that needs tweaking
  • We already got the quality of life. The EMOTE WHEEL
  • Lee1981
    1723 posts Member
    Lee1981 wrote: »
    Your talking rubbish

Lmao his pull has just as much range as kylo & he's not super op. His ultimate is the only thing that needs tweaking
    Can an average player go on a 50+ player kill streak with any other say Level 1 hero like they can with Anakin?

I rest my case