criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

The darkside are under dogs in almost every map in GA.

Anakin has only made it worse but he isn't just the problem. Naboo, yavin 4, kamino, jakku, endor, all the choke point filled maps. Yoda, Finn, Rey & wookie warriors cheese made beating the light side just as hard as anakin does now. Except now instead of a completely turning the tide with health buffs or wall hacks or some wookie stuff it's just anakin going on the offensive by himself. It takes no skill to be anakin & win games yet it doesn't take much skill being yoda & just buffing everyone every 12 seconds behind a wall. Presence & retribution in choke points are just as bad difference is 1 kills the entire team while the other stops your entire team from being killed by vaders, maul, etc... Retribution needs tweaking but let's not get crazy like he's the main problem in GA. Instead buff vader let him do 140 damage & 170 with rage, to counteract buffs let dookus expose weakness affect more than 1 single target at least 4 cause as of now kylo is the only hero thanks in large part to his buff who can help you win a game in GA. You all are so focused on anakin that you forget the poor map design of almost every map favor the lightside by a huge margin anyways that & all it took was yoda, rey & Finn to give you a loss & the only difference is they don't outright kill you.

Replies

• It is now. And yes it is pretty much entirely thanks to Anakin.
    Otherwise, those maps you referenced can all be taken, even pretty easily if your team ks any good. Of course, that assumes Ani dies quickly any more.
  • your comparing a hero that can one shot an entire room with 2 abilitys forcing the enemy team to push again to 3 heroes that simply make it harder to push and ya those 3 though mainly Yoda and Finn have all ways made things unbalanced but they are simply not as overpowered as Anakin.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000
    Otherwise, those maps you referenced can all be taken, even pretty easily if your team ks any good. Of course, that assumes Ani dies quickly any more.

No against a competent lightside team. Yoda, Finn, Rey & wookies gave them the edge on virtually all maps
  • that being said I think I get what your trying to say but you really shouldn't try and compare Anakin with anyone in GA he is simply on a level all his own but if things really are to be balanced then the dark side need some team buff characters as well I know Ventress has been rumored for a while maybe she can use nightsister magic to buff her team or something.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000

No against a competent lightside team. Yoda, Finn, Rey & wookies gave them the edge on virtually all maps

this. as I said its all ways been unbalanced and thats what you were saying I just didn't like that you were comparing a hero who is on a whole other level to those 3 as it was pretty hard before Anakin but you could win as the dark side just not very likely but now with Anakin its far worse its gotten near impossible.
  • unit900000 wrote: »
    your comparing a hero that can one shot an entire room with 2 abilitys forcing the enemy team to push again to 3 heroes that simply make it harder to push and ya those 3 though mainly Yoda and Finn have all ways made things unbalanced but they are simply not as overpowered as Anakin.

Unit you remember that big competitive GA match we had a while back against airnike, tarzan & all those guys? We played like 4 games & the lightside won every game either in phase 1 or 2. You know why because we had yoda, Finn, & wookies. That is overpowered when both teams are filled top to bottom with good players the dark side lose because they can't compete due to health buffs. Also day by day less & less players shoot anakin I played a couple GA games today & no one shot anakin & if they did they stopped immediately. I couldn't even get someone to shoot me. The player base is definitely adjusting to heroic might. I switch to control the force simply because no one was shooting me. His ultimate is the only thing that is a concern
  • unit900000
    2964 posts Member
    edited March 11
    unit900000 wrote: »
    your comparing a hero that can one shot an entire room with 2 abilitys forcing the enemy team to push again to 3 heroes that simply make it harder to push and ya those 3 though mainly Yoda and Finn have all ways made things unbalanced but they are simply not as overpowered as Anakin.

Unit you remember that big competitive GA match we had a while back against airnike, tarzan & all those guys? We played like 4 games & the lightside won every game either in phase 1 or 2. You know why because we had yoda, Finn, & wookies. That is overpowered when both teams are filled top to bottom with good players the dark side lose because they can't compete due to health buffs. Also day by day less & less players shoot anakin I played a couple GA games today & no one shot anakin & if they did they stopped immediately. I couldn't even get someone to shoot me. The player base is definitely adjusting to heroic might. I switch to control the force simply because no one was shooting me. His ultimate is the only thing that is a concern

ya I do remember but it simply still feels harder then it used to be as I said it was pretty hard before but now its near impossible and im sure many others feel the same way.

thing is to a good dark side team used to be able to win vs a crappy light side team but now as long as the Anakin doesn't have the IQ of a brick even that is hard to do now.
    that being said I think I get what your trying to say but you really shouldn't try and compare Anakin with anyone in GA he is simply on a level all his own but if things really are to be balanced then the dark side need some team buff characters as well I know Ventress has been rumored for a while maybe she can use nightsister magic to buff her team or something.

I really wished dooku exposed weakness affected more than 1 target to counter all the buffing. Yeah he's on another level I'm just saying the dark side already struggle against the lightside do to all the cheese & nerfing anakin isn't gonna make 800 buffed wookies & 5 200 damaging room clearing thermals disappear. Why I'm semi retired from GA to much stuff from the lightside that bothers me
  • I think the other thing to note is yoda can be killed, most decent villains can take him, finn can be killed. Anakin is invincible, except for bugs. But I agree nerf yodas effect on teammates, finns effect on teammates. And limit wookies. Reys insight imo isn't as much as a problem.

Plus you kill one anakin, you get another, and he only has to press one button. Any 5yo kid could do well with anakin. I could probably train my dog to play anakin.
    unit900000 wrote: »

ya I do remember but it simply still feels harder then it used to be as I said it was pretty hard before but now its near impossible and im sure many others feel the same way.

thing is to a good dark side team used to be able to win vs a crappy light side team but now as long as the Anakin doesn't have the IQ of a brick even that is hard to do now.

Oh yeah it's definitely harder if not impossible due to the aforementioned reasons as well. The last part is true is well my team got steam rolled on yavin & as soon as I picked anakin the game didn't even last 10 minutes
  • Raices
    1131 posts Member
    Yoda and Finn(competent ones) made it very hard for the dark side to win, Anakin makes it IMPOSSIBLE, please stop comparing. Yoda and Finn got weaknesses, Anakin don't. Palpatine has weaknesses, Anakin don't. Bossk has weaknesses, Anakin don't, see the difference?

You know something is wrong when every Villain on GA run from Anakin, Kylo freeze being the only slim chance to beat him is lame.
  • Raices
    1131 posts Member
    Btw, when i play Yoda on GA i don't use him to buff my teammates, i use him to get kills and eliminations since that's what gonna put me high in the scoreboard. I only spam my presence if we're getting steamrolled and im desperate for the w.
  • Bandicoot wrote: »
    I think the other thing to note is yoda can be killed, most decent villains can take him, finn can be killed. Anakin is invincible, except for bugs. But I agree nerf yodas effect on teammates, finns effect on teammates. And limit wookies. Reys insight imo isn't as much as a problem.

Plus you kill one anakin, you get another, and he only has to press one button. Any 5yo kid could do well with anakin. I could probably train my dog to play anakin.

So far I would have to say only kylo & iden can kill anakin. Also I've ran across yoda players before & unless they get greedy & I can get them in a force choke or stun they're impossible to kill. Now we're talking nerf Finn & yoda, limit wookies to 2 maybe 3, im fine with rey & her cheap wall hack& balanced & you know ani's ultimate needs nerfing not a damage nerf something else
  • The Dark Side needs a team buffing hero. I think Captain Phasma (being a Captain and all) should be that character, at least her. Her Survivor buff should be to the team around her like Finn and Yoda. People might actually play as her if that were the case. But she's 4500 points only on ST maps. Yoda is 4500 on PT and OT maps and Finn/Rey are 4500 on ST maps. So they always have a team buffing hero available for 'regular' cost. The darkside has none.
  • Bandicoot wrote: »
    I think the other thing to note is yoda can be killed, most decent villains can take him, finn can be killed. Anakin is invincible, except for bugs. But I agree nerf yodas effect on teammates, finns effect on teammates. And limit wookies. Reys insight imo isn't as much as a problem.

So far I would have to say only kylo & iden can kill anakin. Also I've ran across yoda players before & unless they get greedy & I can get them in a force choke or stun they're impossible to kill. Now we're talking nerf Finn & yoda, limit wookies to 2 maybe 3, im fine with rey & her cheap wall hack& balanced & you know ani's ultimate needs nerfing not a damage nerf something else

Agree, I'm playing pretty much iden only and trying to catch him off guard. His retribution needs nerfing, but no matter what hero I play I should feel I have a chance of beating anakin, even if the odds are slightly in his favor. As it is any noob with anakin can win 1v1 against a good player. Wookie spam is a serious problem, imploders are practically non stop on naboo.
  • I've seen more steamrolls in the last week than I have for a long time. People quitting matches all over the place. Even when they are winning because if you are lightside and a good player gets an early annakin you pretty much don't need to do anything else the whole match. GA has become boring. Which is a shame as it was the only mode holding my attention. New game mode cannot come fast enough for me.
  • Legolas79391
    758 posts Member
    edited March 12
    First I would weaken the nades significantly and remove instant recharge on spawn and recharge commando on nades. Battlefield V did a complete rework of nades from Battlefield 1 and offensive in this game can never be halted by nades alone. Although troopers with more health and dmg reduction are not fair for obvious reasons, most of the time I can't even engage, because every nanosecond nade passes through the hallway. Map design is also to blame. There should never be a situation where attack can only come from one direction.

8dh69o72w6hm.jpg

• Maybe just bring Palps back to his original form :wink:
  • First I would weaken the nades significantly and remove instant recharge on spawn and recharge commando on nades. Battlefield V did a complete rework of nades from Battlefield 1 and offensive in this game can never be halted by nades alone. Although troopers with more health and dmg reduction are not fair for obvious reasons, most of the time I can't even engage, because every nanosecond nade passes through the hallway. Map design is also to blame. There should never be a situation where attack can only come from one direction.

Every now and then you find a match without all the explosive spammers/flash grenade spammers, they're the best matches imo, mainly gunplay. It seems most matches these days are all heavies shooting you around a corner with exploding shot, or barrage. And recharge flash grenaders. Or of course wookie imploder spam. All these players are so skilled.
  • I have finished top as Anakin but the team still lost, in a ratio of about 5 losses to 1 win. Mind you in pretty useless as a hero as one mistake and I'm toast. You are not allowed any mistakes unlike as a trooper.

So no I haven't seen walkovers because of faction but rather how good the team is. I'm no pro though so what would I know.