criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
August Community Calendar
Battle Point Event Heroes Unleashed

Community Transmission — Infiltrator Reinforcements

Replies

• camerog
    225 posts Member
    skyrn22yk0wc.png
    Coming with the new game mode are two brand-new reinforcements. On the Republic side you’ll now be able to play as an Advanced Recon Commando, known better as an ARC Trooper, and on the Separatist side, you’ll be able to play as a BX-series Droid Commando. Both units will be part of the new Infiltrator Reinforcement class and will also have their own new Star Cards for their abilities!

h4nqm10a3ghu.jpg
    j8wtx1986xum.gif

The ARC Trooper is a gung-ho attacker that rushes into battle wielding his trusty DC-17 pistols. Yes, you read that correctly: pistols. This unit can dual wield pistols and fire them independently, effectively doubling his rate of fire.

With short-ranged blasters, this trooper needs something more versatile for more distant foes. To extend his reach, the ARC trooper’s Power Blast ability overcharges his primary pistol to fire a powerful blast, giving his otherwise short- to medium-ranged arsenal a ranged attack that can also be useful against vehicles. Aim your shot well and it might do just as well against an enemy Villain, too.

For additional battle awareness, the ARC can activate his Helmet Scanner, which lowers his rangerfinder. This emits continuous scan pulses to reveal enemies, even through walls. The time between pulses is longer than how long enemies will be revealed by each pulse, so you’ll still need general battle awareness not to lose track of your foes.

Finally, when encountering a powerful enemy, the ARC Trooper can even the odds with his Shock Trap. It’s a throwable device is manually detonated and delivers an electrical current that knocks down any enemies within its range. This is useful for both flanking larger groups of enemies and for tipping the scale in favor for you and your allies, including if you need a tactical retreat.

Overall, the ARC Trooper makes an excellent addition to the clone army. It is a very strategic unit and has the best results when played in such a way. Flank your enemies and support your troops for the best results.

9n6e6w1nas36.jpg
    w1b73ickltx3.gif

The BX droid is arguably one of the most lethal units in the Separatist Army. Armed with a modified E-5 Blaster Rifle, commonly used by B1 Battle Droids, the BX trades rate of fire for higher precision in long-range encounters.

With the modified blaster covering the BX at longer ranges, it also wields a vibrosword to get the edge it needs to excel in close-quarters combat. Using either the melee button or the Sinister Strikes ability (both have the same function), the BX Droid can unleash up to three sword strikes in a row before requiring a brief cooldown. While the strikes don’t deal much more damage than a regular trooper’s melee, they are significantly faster and the final strike is so powerful it will knock an enemy to the ground.

The BX can also deploy a Smoke Screen by throwing a smoke bomb at its feet. The surrounding area will immediately be filled with very dense smoke that even removes basic UI elements like name tags and outlines, so the enemy view is blocked.

Additionally, you can pair the Smoke Screen with its final ability, Thermal Vision, for a devastating result. It makes the BX’s eyes glow red and allows it to see where enemies are located, including through walls and other obstructions. This ability also scrambles enemy scanners to further confuse and disorient them.

This set of abilities, combined with a higher than normal sprint speed, makes the BX a lethal opponent both before you see it and if you don’t take it out before it closes the distance.

zthngm6a32az.jpg

All five Star Cards are shared between both units.

Name: Evasion
    Effect: You have +1 Combat Roll and faster Combat Roll recharge times.
    Level Unlock: 2

Name: Desperation
    Effect: Reduces ability recharge times when damage is dealt to you.
    Level Unlock: 2

Name: Interrogation
    Effect: Forcefully reveal nearby enemy locations by defeating an opponent using melee strikes.
    Level Unlock: 5

Name: Acquisition
    Effect: Enemies dealing damage to you will be temporarily marked for easier retaliation.
    Level Unlock: 5

Name: Stalker
    Effect: Regain health when defeating an enemy you have revealed with HELMET SCANNER or THERMAL VISION.
    Level Unlock: 10

____ __ _ ______ __ _

These two new reinforcements will deploy alongside the new game mode this month. The next Community Transmission will detail the mode fully, including what it’s called and what your objectives will be within it. The update is slated for release on the 26th of March. Additionally, the Infiltrator class is available without any credit costs for all players.

Charlemagne, signing off

Will there be milestones for the new class and their weapons?
  • Nexo wrote: »
    Dual Wielding? Does that open the possibility of Jango and Sabine?

Palpatine is dual-wielding as well, isn't he?
  • DarthJ
    6534 posts Member
    DarthJ wrote: »
    Sounds good!

Now lets see the threads popping up about the new units 'sounding OP' haha

@EA_Charlemagne is there plans to extend the infiltrator class to the other factions?

Right now, we're just focusing on TCW era for this update.

Cheers for the reply. I get that for this update, I meant post-update, near future etc.
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • What happened to the ARC trooper backpack?
    pija5nbcgaah.jpg
    "This is a mission of peace. I put my faith in diplomacy. We can't solve all of our problems by throwing troops at them."
    -Padmé Amidala
  • JediPacoElFlaco
    1158 posts Member
    edited March 12
    Awesome! These new units are very interesting, especially the Bx droids with that smoke grenade and her melee attacks.

@EA_Charlemagne
    Why the ARC has a white/grey pauldrons ?

I hope have droidekas someday too.

1bfioawlu399.png
  • I cannot wait to go back to GA!

zztknd63p3nv.gif
  • So, I guess we're never getting the Republic Commandos in this game?
  • Awesome news! Just as Count Dooku predicted! :smile:

Pawns in a game you have yet to start playing!!!!!!!!
  • REXCRAFT88
    36 posts Member
    edited March 12
    Since the bx droids abilities rely mostly on close range wouldn’t a blaster with shorter range which deals more damage be better
  • bfloo
    15517 posts Member
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    So...

ARC Trooper: Wall Hack, 2015 Lando Powerblast, and Dooku's Lighting Stun

Commando Droid: Phasma Staff Strikes Vibro Blade, Lando's Smoke Grenade, and an additional button for the staff strikes vibro blade, and a wall hack.

Mostly recycled stuff including hall hacks and a stun which are generally disliked. Also, it was the Rebels and Resistance that needed new enforcers.

Naboo, Kamino, and Kashyyyk were already pretty bad and now the Republic will be able to spam a unit that can wallhack and deploy stuns?

Nothing new on the hacker sites they use to come up with new abilities.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• w5x1diw6oiir.png
    gtq6smm958a2.png
    Here’s a close look for those who couldn’t get a good look at the driod commandos
  • are they exclusive to the new game mode?

Nope! You can play them anywhere you can play a current reinforcement.

Awesome!
    Just a question: will the new reinforcements be exclusive for prequel era maps?
    If not, what will they be for the other eras?
  • The infiltrator class look cool. I wonder if Original and Sequel trilogy is gonna get this class in the future?
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    So...

Commando Droid: Phasma Staff Strikes Vibro Blade, Lando's Smoke Grenade, and an additional button for the staff strikes vibro blade, and a wall hack.

Mostly recycled stuff including hall hacks and a stun which are generally disliked. Also, it was the Rebels and Resistance that needed new enforcers.

Naboo, Kamino, and Kashyyyk were already pretty bad and now the Republic will be able to spam a unit that can wallhack and deploy stuns?

Yeah I was hoping for droidekas, but this will do for now!

The stun only knocks people to the ground like Dooku's instead of locking them in place like Lando's stun. Also both sides already had wall hacks so who cares about one more. Finn's undercover boss & Rey's insight already gave everyone on the lightside team a wall hack. Fett gives a wall hack to everyone on the darkside & deathtrooper gets a wall hack for himself too if your on sequel maps. Why does it matter now?

I think that the wall hack should be given to only the player using the ability sense they have the jedi powers to sense those around them or the tech on their person to sense those around them. I don't think that the entire team should be able to see what that person is seeing. That's the part that I think should be changed. It doesn't really bother me.....just adds a new level to the game anyway. Also sith and jedi are able to sense those around them using the force, so again why does it matter?
  • ARC211092 wrote: »
    So, I guess we're never getting the Republic Commandos in this game?

2 possibilities I see for adding them at this point:

-DICE revives the Sentinel class they were once working on with ARC Troopers and Droiddekas, but this time with Clone Commandos and Droiddekas instead.
    -DICE replaces the Wookie Enforcer with the Clone Commando on Naboo, Kamino, and Geonosis, leaving the Wookie Enforcer as a reinforcement on Kashyyyk only.
  • Yessssss! Can’t wait
    So...

What you wanted? Sorry but ARC Troopers are NOT generic troopers. They indeed should have abilities that makes them advanced units.

Besides is not that is gonna have like 10 Infiltrators on each side at once, you know that.

Some people just want to complain. Personally the republic had a recycle Wookiee from the rebels and resistance where the CIV had the same unit twice just one with strikes. Out of all three eras it only makes since to give reinforcements with the one with the that needed it theist which is clearly the republic.
  • StarWars0525
    2601 posts Member
    edited March 12
    So...

so Duel pistols something no class have is recycled too? Someone’s seem to know a lot hmm the force is strong with this one.
  • StarWars0525
    2601 posts Member
    edited March 12
    I’m excited for the PT era to get new reinforcement because there current one is basically a CIV Super battle driod relain for the aireal too and a reuse WW from the other eras.
  • this looks really good guys I think this update will be amazing, but I have noticed the weapon swapping between close combat and ranged attacks, does this mean we could see legendary hero Kyle Katarn? and on the villains side perhaps Mara jade or dark troopers? it would be interesting to have his ability's be something along the lines of force speed, force grip, force absorption and then being able to switch between a lightsabre and e-11 or bryar pistol it would prove to be an interesting factor having a light side hero able to use dark powers on the battlefield.
  • I've been looking forward to this
  • Perfectevo23
    2 posts Member
    edited March 12
    Will we be able to try these out in arcade or do we have to play the new mode? @Charlemagne
    Post edited by Perfectevo23 on
  • Damn, was hoping for the Clone Commando, but not bad.
  • I hope ARC will have many skins like Echo Fives Jesse Colt Hammer Blitz and Havoc
  • Soon as I saw Arc my heart dropped. All those damn YouTubers clickbaiting with Republic Commando really got my hopes up. Damn.

Same here, man, same here...
  • Can we get rid of Wookiee on clone wars maps except kasshyyk then? @EA_Charlemagne

Different class. That is enforcer class, I doubt they would make both an enforcer class ARC trooper and an infiltrator class ARC trooper. Maybe they would replace wookie enforcers with Clone Commandos on non-Kashyyyk maps though.

I certainly hope they do
  • tommytom64
    1087 posts Member
    edited March 12
    So...

Dude you beat me to it, I swear all this group knows are stuns, wall-hacks, more stuns, and more wall-hacks. Spoon feeding at is finest.

What are some of your thoughts or ideas on other types of abilities?
  • Will we be able to try these out in arcade or do we have to play the new mode?

EA_charlemange said the new reinforcements would be available where the old reinforcements are so probably yes
    HMV_501st wrote: »
    Damn, was hoping for the Clone Commando, but not bad.

ARC trooper stands for advance recon commandos so technically yes and the commandos your thinking of arnt in the new Disney canon or so I belive.
  • Will we be able to try these out in arcade or do we have to play the new mode?

EA_charlemange said the new reinforcements would be available where the old reinforcements are so probably yes

ARC trooper stands for advance recon commandos so technically yes and the commandos your thinking of arnt in the new Disney canon or so I belive.

Actually they are briefly in the clone wars
  • rollind24 wrote: »
    I must admit I’ll probably be logging on to try these out. More excited for this than more Hero’s/Villains

Very true, I'm getting tired of trying to upgrade Anakin.
    pija5nbcgaah.jpg
    "This is a mission of peace. I put my faith in diplomacy. We can't solve all of our problems by throwing troops at them."
    -Padmé Amidala
    So...

What you wanted? Sorry but ARC Troopers are NOT generic troopers. They indeed should have abilities that makes them advanced units.

Besides is not that is gonna have like 10 Infiltrators on each side at once, you know that.

If new reinforcements were to be added it should have been new enforcers for the Rebels and resistance as they don't have their own. The abilities they were given were ones disliked by most, wallhacks and stuns which it is unknown if they are gonna be affected by the stun immunity.

Not 10 but with the current reinforcement rule of 5 it is most likely that there will always be 5 of them out and defeating one most likely results in another spawning in instantly by the same person.
    So...

The stun only knocks people to the ground like Dooku's instead of locking them in place like Lando's stun. Also both sides already had wall hacks so who cares about one more. Finn's undercover boss & Rey's insight already gave everyone on the lightside team a wall hack. Fett gives a wall hack to everyone on the darkside & deathtrooper gets a wall hack for himself too if your on sequel maps. Why does it matter now?

I think that the wall hack should be given to only the player using the ability sense they have the jedi powers to sense those around them or the tech on their person to sense those around them. I don't think that the entire team should be able to see what that person is seeing. That's the part that I think should be changed. It doesn't really bother me.....just adds a new level to the game anyway. Also sith and jedi are able to sense those around them using the force, so again why does it matter?

There is only one REY and Finn, they cost more BP and can't be spammed like reinforcements, currently, there can be 5 reinforcements in GA, so it is very possible that there can be 5 wallhacking stunners. More of these aren't a good thing. Wallhacks have too much of an influence in GA.

Stuns have been hated for a long time and a new mechanic to reduce them has been added so now they add another stunner which is baffling, again it isn't even known if their stun will be affected by stun immunity.

Mechanics like these are why people don't play these games. Stuns, wallhacks, and aimbots which are features in this game are considered cheating in other games.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    First Max Prestige Iden Versio
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • REXCRAFT88 wrote: »
    Will we be able to try these out in arcade or do we have to play the new mode?

Actually they are briefly in the clone wars

Oh yeah I almost forgot we got that yellow clone commando Gregory.
    So...

If new reinforcements were to be added it should have been new enforcers for the Rebels and resistance as they don't have their own. The abilities they were given were ones disliked by most, wallhacks and stuns which it is unknown if they are gonna be affected by the stun immunity.

Not 10 but with the current reinforcement rule of 5 it is most likely that there will always be 5 of them out and defeating one most likely results in another spawning in instantly by the same person.
    So...

There is only one REY and Finn, they cost more BP and can't be spammed like reinforcements, currently, there can be 5 reinforcements in GA, so it is very possible that there can be 5 wallhacking stunners. More of these aren't a good thing. Wallhacks have too much of an influence in GA.

Stuns have been hated for a long time and a new mechanic to reduce them has been added so now they add another stunner which is baffling, again it isn't even known if their stun will be affected by stun immunity.

Mechanics like these are why people don't play these games. Stuns, wallhacks, and aimbots which are features in this game are considered cheating in other games.

Why do you complain about every little thing in the game, if the OT has these reinforcements you wouldn’t be composing but you are just because you didn’t like the PT but guess what this is a game not the movies.
  • dkbvxsz2hsdi.jpeg

So why do we barely see commandos, there cool but yet we see arc troopers a lot more.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!