criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Forest of Endor

Community Transmission — Infiltrator Reinforcements

Replies

• Laser921
    2109 posts Member
    Scythanic wrote: »
    Heres to hope that someday we'll get enforcer, aerial, and infiltrator skins/variants

I still think these guys, the rebel marines, should make an appearance, either as skins for rebel assault class of if they can add it for the enforcer just with the same abilities

dLYAAmw.jpg
    Emotion yet Peace, Ignorance yet Knowledge, Passion yet Serenity, Chaos yet Harmony, Death yet the Force
  • HappyWak
    1 posts Member
    edited March 17
    Bothan Spies for Rebels and Shadow Troopers for Imperials?
  • RyanK388
    1846 posts Member
    I can see either Cad Bane or Jango Fett being added in due to the development of duel-wielding by DICE team, and Either Rex or Cody added in as Clone Wars Era counterparts because really why wouldn’t they add characters that children liked from the TV show to the game
  • Laser921 wrote: »
    Heres to hope that someday we'll get enforcer, aerial, and infiltrator skins/variants

I still think these guys, the rebel marines, should make an appearance, either as skins for rebel assault class of if they can add it for the enforcer just with the same abilities

dLYAAmw.jpg

First of all, they are called Rebel Pathfinders, and can you at least look up your own pictures and not copy them from other threads [my thread about Rouge One themed reinforcements]
    “The force is with me and I am one with the force. I fear nothing because everything is as the Force wills it to be.” -Chirrut Imwe
  • Lord_Tyrannus
    832 posts Member
    edited March 18
    What's about the wookies in the clone war era.Will they be replaced one day ?
  • I hope this is just the beginning for new classes and reinforcements!
  • Skins and emotes for reinforcements please!
  • Laser921
    2109 posts Member
    edited March 18
    Iceninja wrote: »
    Laser921 wrote: »

dLYAAmw.jpg

First of all, they are called Rebel Pathfinders, and can you at least look up your own pictures and not copy them from other threads [my thread about Rouge One themed reinforcements]

First of all, did you know theres this thing called google where you can find images? Literally type in Rebel Marine and youll find it. Plus wookiepedia notes it as both Pathfinders and Marines so get off your high horses and thinking you're original
    Emotion yet Peace, Ignorance yet Knowledge, Passion yet Serenity, Chaos yet Harmony, Death yet the Force
  • Can we get rid of Wookiee on clone wars maps except kasshyyk then? @EA_Charlemagne

Different class. That is enforcer class, I doubt they would make both an enforcer class ARC trooper and an infiltrator class ARC trooper. Maybe they would replace wookie enforcers with Clone Commandos on non-Kashyyyk maps though.

Enforcers should be ARCs, Infiltraitors should be Commandos. It fits their roles better.
  • CrocBain wrote: »
    We need customization for the ARC trooper as well. If that is added they will definitely be what I spend all my battlepoints in game on.

If that was to happen, the Jet Trooper would need to have the same option added. Not all Jet Troopers had the same armor coloration and patterns, it varied based off of what group (battalion, company, squad, etc.) they were in. It would be nice, but it may never happen as having so much customisation would probably make other players start demanding that DICE give all troops lots of appearances. They did an amazing job with the Clone Trooper appearances, so some players may want that many appearances for troops of all eras.
  • dkbvxsz2hsdi.jpeg

So why do we barely see commandos, there cool but yet we see arc troopers a lot more.

ARC Troopers were selected for their elite tactical and strategic effectiveness on the battlefield. They received additional training in combat and leadership, allowing them to serve in positions of command and to provide extra support in battle. They were also assigned missions that would be too difficult for the average trooper. In difficult and crucial campaigns, they would often be deployed alongside the commanding officer(s) (ie. Jedi or higher ranking Clone officers) to assist in tactical planning and to serve as another officer on the battlefield for their fellow troopers. While most of the time only one ARC Trooper would be deployed to assist, some occasions called for multiple, like an operation that was too difficult for standard troops.

Clone Commandos were trained separately from other troopers from the start of their training, as they were engineered differently than standard troops. They were altered to be super soldiers capable of many different combat situations far beyond the assignments normal troopers could be given. Clone Commandos would be deployed in a squad made solely of Commandos, and normally served in combat areas with no other Republic forces. They did not serve as officers, only highly elite soldiers that were given difficult and crucial missions, sometimes on planets or in areas that never saw any other Republic presence at any other point in the war. Some battles however called for a Clone Commando squad to be deployed alongside the Republic's Clone Troops, or for a squad to be deployed after a battle to collect important information or, in some cases, bodies. In the initial assault on Geonosis, multiple Clone Commando squads were deployed on the battlefield to provide additional support, and to help determine what training standard troopers would need for combat, and what training the Commandos would need. Due to how most of their missions were separate from main operations, they were not commonly seen, thus why the animated series did not show them much. ARC Troopers were shown more given their roles resulting in them interacting more with standard Clone Troopers.
  • Empire_TW wrote: »

There is only one REY and Finn, they cost more BP and can't be spammed like reinforcements, currently, there can be 5 reinforcements in GA, so it is very possible that there can be 5 wallhacking stunners. More of these aren't a good thing. Wallhacks have too much of an influence in GA.

Stuns have been hated for a long time and a new mechanic to reduce them has been added so now they add another stunner which is baffling, again it isn't even known if their stun will be affected by stun immunity.

Mechanics like these are why people don't play these games. Stuns, wallhacks, and aimbots which are features in this game are considered cheating in other games.

.....AND Rey and Finn can be out at the same time too. That's (2) for the lightside and they can expose everyone in a much larger distance I'm sure to the entire team. Rey can also pretty much 1 hit most people on the team. it's also continuous and not like a radar scan effect that the BX & Arc will get where it scans and shows for a second and then goes away and then scans again.

Boba Fett also gets a continous scan that broadcasts to the entire team and he can almost one hit kill people with his rocket barrage & 3 Deathtroopers can be out all together as well. That's 4 wall hackers already on the darkside for certain maps. To add to it the deathtrooper can see farther than any other character in the game with the wall hack and it's continous and not a radar effect like the infiltration class. If you use the ability correctly for deathtrooper it also blinds and slows the enemy down in addition to doing small damage.

I don't like them either, but they should be removed for everyone instead of just complaining about them for a new character that is coming out. If anything this will balance the playing field more to give more wall hacks to everybody, so you don't get creamed by people camping around corners all the time. Which is also a big problem in the game.
  • Empire_TW
    6532 posts Member
    Empire_TW wrote: »

There is only one REY and Finn, they cost more BP and can't be spammed like reinforcements, currently, there can be 5 reinforcements in GA, so it is very possible that there can be 5 wallhacking stunners. More of these aren't a good thing. Wallhacks have too much of an influence in GA.

Stuns have been hated for a long time and a new mechanic to reduce them has been added so now they add another stunner which is baffling, again it isn't even known if their stun will be affected by stun immunity.

Mechanics like these are why people don't play these games. Stuns, wallhacks, and aimbots which are features in this game are considered cheating in other games.

.....AND Rey and Finn can be out at the same time too. That's (2) for the lightside and they can expose everyone in a much larger distance I'm sure to the entire team. Rey can also pretty much 1 hit most people on the team. it's also continuous and not like a radar scan effect that the BX & Arc will get where it scans and shows for a second and then goes away and then scans again.

Boba Fett also gets a continous scan that broadcasts to the entire team and he can almost one hit kill people with his rocket barrage & 3 Deathtroopers can be out all together as well. That's 4 wall hackers already on the darkside for certain maps. To add to it the deathtrooper can see farther than any other character in the game with the wall hack and it's continous and not a radar effect like the infiltration class. If you use the ability correctly for deathtrooper it also blinds and slows the enemy down in addition to doing small damage.

I don't like them either, but they should be removed for everyone instead of just complaining about them for a new character that is coming out. If anything this will balance the playing field more to give more wall hacks to everybody, so you don't get creamed by people camping around corners all the time. Which is also a big problem in the game.

I do think existing wall hacks should be tweaked, I'm just pointing out how absurd it is that they are adding new ones, while the ones that have been in the game have been here since launch, especially considering recent complaints about stuns and how we now have a new mechanic to "reduce" them which these new ones don't seem to be apart of.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    First Max Prestige Iden Versio
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • Laser921
    2109 posts Member
    edited March 19
    @Empire_TW

Isnt it odd how the devs seem to have this strange obsession with stun abilities? And heroes who should be much more powerful (Luke, Vader) dont have any stun abilities at all? Choke doesnt count because Vader is immobile while choking
    @Empire_TW

Isnt it odd how the devs seem to have this strange obsession with stun abilities? And heroes who should be much more powerful (Luke, Vader) dont have any stun abilities at all? Choke doesnt count because Vader is immobile while choking

Can't help but get the feeling you are trying to bait me into something...
    hojevrxvarht.png
  • CaptainM09
    183 posts Member
    edited March 19
    @Empire_TW

xz66srmjtacr.jpg
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake"
    bhih9jzeyr6i.gif
  • Laser921
    2109 posts Member
    CaptainM09 wrote: »
    @Empire_TW

xz66srmjtacr.jpg

Nah Im just saying its annoying how many stuns there are, community complains about said stuns, and we get even more stuns.
  • Empire_TW
    6532 posts Member
    @Empire_TW

xz66srmjtacr.jpg

Nah Im just saying its annoying how many stuns there are, community complains about said stuns, and we get even more stuns.

Oh, I see, really is annoying considering all the distaste towards stuns to the point where they made a mechanic to combat it.
    @Empire_TW

xz66srmjtacr.jpg

False alarm.
    hojevrxvarht.png
  • Cadoth
    1164 posts Member
    @Empire_TW

xz66srmjtacr.jpg

Well frankly I’m stunned at your remark. :p

gpmmbmq0yz8c.gif
  • Cadoth wrote: »
    @Empire_TW

xz66srmjtacr.jpg

gpmmbmq0yz8c.gif

xz66srmjtacr.jpg
    “There is always hope.”
  • Cadoth
    1164 posts Member
    Cadoth wrote: »
    @Empire_TW

xz66srmjtacr.jpg

gpmmbmq0yz8c.gif

xz66srmjtacr.jpg

fk5id976yjaa.gif
  • Game mode CT coming soon?
  • skyrn22yk0wc.png
    Coming with the new game mode are two brand-new reinforcements. On the Republic side you’ll now be able to play as an Advanced Recon Commando, known better as an ARC Trooper, and on the Separatist side, you’ll be able to play as a BX-series Droid Commando. Both units will be part of the new Infiltrator Reinforcement class and will also have their own new Star Cards for their abilities!

h4nqm10a3ghu.jpg
    j8wtx1986xum.gif

The ARC Trooper is a gung-ho attacker that rushes into battle wielding his trusty DC-17 pistols. Yes, you read that correctly: pistols. This unit can dual wield pistols and fire them independently, effectively doubling his rate of fire.

With short-ranged blasters, this trooper needs something more versatile for more distant foes. To extend his reach, the ARC trooper’s Power Blast ability overcharges his primary pistol to fire a powerful blast, giving his otherwise short- to medium-ranged arsenal a ranged attack that can also be useful against vehicles. Aim your shot well and it might do just as well against an enemy Villain, too.

For additional battle awareness, the ARC can activate his Helmet Scanner, which lowers his rangerfinder. This emits continuous scan pulses to reveal enemies, even through walls. The time between pulses is longer than how long enemies will be revealed by each pulse, so you’ll still need general battle awareness not to lose track of your foes.

Finally, when encountering a powerful enemy, the ARC Trooper can even the odds with his Shock Trap. It’s a throwable device is manually detonated and delivers an electrical current that knocks down any enemies within its range. This is useful for both flanking larger groups of enemies and for tipping the scale in favor for you and your allies, including if you need a tactical retreat.

Overall, the ARC Trooper makes an excellent addition to the clone army. It is a very strategic unit and has the best results when played in such a way. Flank your enemies and support your troops for the best results.

9n6e6w1nas36.jpg
    w1b73ickltx3.gif

The BX droid is arguably one of the most lethal units in the Separatist Army. Armed with a modified E-5 Blaster Rifle, commonly used by B1 Battle Droids, the BX trades rate of fire for higher precision in long-range encounters.

With the modified blaster covering the BX at longer ranges, it also wields a vibrosword to get the edge it needs to excel in close-quarters combat. Using either the melee button or the Sinister Strikes ability (both have the same function), the BX Droid can unleash up to three sword strikes in a row before requiring a brief cooldown. While the strikes don’t deal much more damage than a regular trooper’s melee, they are significantly faster and the final strike is so powerful it will knock an enemy to the ground.

The BX can also deploy a Smoke Screen by throwing a smoke bomb at its feet. The surrounding area will immediately be filled with very dense smoke that even removes basic UI elements like name tags and outlines, so the enemy view is blocked.

Additionally, you can pair the Smoke Screen with its final ability, Thermal Vision, for a devastating result. It makes the BX’s eyes glow red and allows it to see where enemies are located, including through walls and other obstructions. This ability also scrambles enemy scanners to further confuse and disorient them.

This set of abilities, combined with a higher than normal sprint speed, makes the BX a lethal opponent both before you see it and if you don’t take it out before it closes the distance.

zthngm6a32az.jpg

All five Star Cards are shared between both units.

Name: Evasion
    Effect: You have +1 Combat Roll and faster Combat Roll recharge times.
    Level Unlock: 2

Name: Desperation
    Effect: Reduces ability recharge times when damage is dealt to you.
    Level Unlock: 2

Name: Interrogation
    Effect: Forcefully reveal nearby enemy locations by defeating an opponent using melee strikes.
    Level Unlock: 5

Name: Acquisition
    Effect: Enemies dealing damage to you will be temporarily marked for easier retaliation.
    Level Unlock: 5

Name: Stalker
    Effect: Regain health when defeating an enemy you have revealed with HELMET SCANNER or THERMAL VISION.
    Level Unlock: 10

____ __ _ ______ __ _

These two new reinforcements will deploy alongside the new game mode this month. The next Community Transmission will detail the mode fully, including what it’s called and what your objectives will be within it. The update is slated for release on the 26th of March. Additionally, the Infiltrator class is available without any credit costs for all players.

Charlemagne, signing off

This is good now because they can now introduce bothan spies, and imperial shadow troopers.
  • WHERE IS THE NEXT COMMUNITY TRANSMISSION we are suppose to get this week?
  • WHERE IS THE NEXT COMMUNITY TRANSMISSION we are suppose to get this week?

wait for iiiiiiiiit - delayed
  • Excited for the arc trooper and commando droid. Will there be any skins for the arc trooper?
  • RC2074
    135 posts Member
    Keep it coming :smile:
    oh and bigger sized arcade maps (same size maps as multiplayer) please :smiley:
  • That would be nice
  • what about an Anakin nerf? It takes at least 2 heroes to kill him on Heroes vs. Villains. He's broken, and his force powers have too large an AoE.

A few options: Limit his Heroic Might's AoE. Limit the range on his force pull. I'd go so far as to say cut the damage by 1/3 done by Heroic Might. Right now it's broken. Can't believe you let this get by testing.
  • Awesome!

He escaped.
  • Laser921
    2109 posts Member
    what about an Anakin nerf? It takes at least 2 heroes to kill him on Heroes vs. Villains. He's broken, and his force powers have too large an AoE.

A few options: Limit his Heroic Might's AoE. Limit the range on his force pull. I'd go so far as to say cut the damage by 1/3 done by Heroic Might. Right now it's broken. Can't believe you let this get by testing.

Pretty sure they did that on purpose. I said it before and I'll say it again, making a completely overpowered heore is not the answer to an over powered villain team
  • zielu4265
    2 posts Member
    edited March 23
    will there be an option to choose skins for this arc trooper?
    Post edited by zielu4265 on
  • Can anyone actually say the name Vibrosword and not snicker even a little. :s
  • RyanK388
    1846 posts Member

The Resistance could use some grizzled special forces type deal and the rebels could use their Pathfinders unit like on Endor; that was like a special commando unit led by Han, who was a General at the time.

And for the Empire and their successor, they could get those long range Black stormtroopers from the campaign, I remember those black armored storm troopers using the T 21 heavy blaster from the campaign where you played as Luke on that weird alien planet with the exploding bugs.

They could have like a sensor scrambling technology that blinds enemy sensors and highlights foes from a distance, an enhanced shock grenade that blinds and slows or just shocks and marks them like the Binocs

What would be unique is a stealth field technology that cloaks them from the battlefield but deactivates when sprinting or shooting but not meleeing
  • Laser921
    2109 posts Member
    IF Disney would re-canonize it, Id say the Rebel Infiltrators, they were pretty awesome in Legends
  • HMV_501st
    13 posts Member
    edited March 26
    Any chance we'll be able to customize the ARC troopers (and some of the other reinforcement classes) at some point? That'd be pretty cool to have the option for that.
  • stbf4
    10 posts Member
    The new class is great. It would be nice if you added skins to them if you already mix skins into clones. And I have a request as you have already added them to throw wookies please.!! In GA on Geonosis your throw them away and now are they here on the same map?
  • JediPacoElFlaco
    1420 posts Member
    edited March 27
    I don't like the mask skin of ARC trooper.
    This would be:
    latest?cb=20111029004108

1bfioawlu399.png
  • Laser921
    2109 posts Member
    The shock grenade is freakin ridiculous
  • Starmasui73146
    1414 posts Member
    edited March 27
    Wow check out these BX Commando Droids in action, amazing:

The Historic Record of BX Commando Droids:

Arc Troopers at there best (part one):

Arc Troopers at there best (part two):

The Historic Record of Arc Troopers

I hope this gets you excited to play as one, have fun out there soldier.

I enjoyed playing both units in the new mode and they did NOT feel too OP. In fact I found them more then mortal and capable of dying if you are not careful. All the abilities fit well, good job DICE.
    The shock grenade is freakin ridiculous

I would not worry so much about that. Throw one yourself.

Playing Arcade Mode I quickly discovered that the BX Commando Droid and Advanced Recon Commando Clone Trooper are actually very easy to drop. Their huge vulnerability is (believe it or not) electrical based grenades. I quickly discovered this when the A.I. locked my characters body up real good, with the shock grenade (were I could not move) and bam, I was done. Sooooo they are not as OP unstoppable as you think. Also they are just as vulnerable from behind as anyone else as well, save maybe require more of your laser fire clip.

Post edited by Starmasui73146 on
    “There is always hope.”
  • Both the infiltrators are really awesome. In close quarters the BX droids are just really fun to play as and the ARC troopers are good against other foot solders but their real strength is against vehicles. I am admittedly a mediocre player at this game, especially with blasters but as an ARC trooper, I 1v1ed a full health AAT and won. Dual pistols melted it after about six seconds of firing.
  • About the stuns, I agree they should just take out any and all of those.. Wall hacks, etc also should not be in the game...
    Mostly anything that is considered cheating in any other game should not be in the game.. Those kind of mechanics make for feel bad moments... They kill the play experience and overall fun of the game imo.. They do make for a unique game I guess, but is that a good reason to have them...

I mean Luke and Vader don't have those abilities and they work just fine... Also Dooku, Kylo and other heroes don't have those either and they work fine as wel.. Han to name a good blaster hero also.. He has no stun, but imo works better than some other blasters at least for me... ^^

In that same regard I dislike levels in HvV where you can get knocked of a ledge and every light side Jedi (apart from Rey) has a push to throw you off the ledge... I know you can block them with most force users or roll to not get hit by them... But you might be in a fight with a Jedi, being warry of them using a push, out of nowhere another Jedi comes and pushes you from behind..

But back to the subject: I do like the new troopers overall, just more scan-wallhack and shocks, I rather they came with something different... But that is just me.. I haven't really been able to play them that much, but they seemed pretty good..
  • Laser921
    2109 posts Member
    I feel like the ARC trooper can be toned down a bit, the shock radius seems to big and in comparison with the commando droid? Well the droid pales in comparison. ARCs have overpowered guns, a shock trap that knocks you, and the stupid power blast. what does the droid have? A smoke grenade that a simple scan dart can beat, a scan mode, and a melee which requires you to be up close and therefore more in the line of fire. BX droid sucks
    I feel like the ARC trooper can be toned down a bit, the shock radius seems to big and in comparison with the commando droid? Well the droid pales in comparison. ARCs have overpowered guns, a shock trap that knocks you, and the stupid power blast. what does the droid have? A smoke grenade that a simple scan dart can beat, a scan mode, and a melee which requires you to be up close and therefore more in the line of fire. BX droid sucks

Yeah they need to tone down the power of the ARC trooper pistols. I think that they should change the stupid star card that exposes the people shooting at you to instead boost the damage down by both the ARC trooper weapons and the BX droid weapon. This way it isn't too week. You can use it or any of the other star card setups. Seems pointless to play heroes now because I can easily dominate heroes with the ARC trooper, which is half the cost of a hero.

Otherwise I think that you just boost the power of the BX droid blaster and leave the ARC trooper alone......then you increase the damage that the specialist can do with the A280-CFE and increase the radius and duration of the shock grenade that the specialist has to slow people down for longer and prevent them from rolling/dodging when in the radius. That way the specialist can be used more in the mode and can be a counter to all the infiltrators in the game now. Right now the specialist is a waste of time in the new game mode. Anyone that is using the specialist in the new game is holding the team back.
  • Hey, how about for the next Infiltration unit is the Shadow Trooper from the Empire.

Yeah they need to tone down the power of the ARC trooper pistols. I think that they should change the stupid star card that exposes the people shooting at you to instead boost the damage down by both the ARC trooper weapons and the BX droid weapon. This way it isn't too week. You can use it or any of the other star card setups. Seems pointless to play heroes now because I can easily dominate heroes with the ARC trooper, which is half the cost of a hero.

Otherwise I think that you just boost the power of the BX droid blaster and leave the ARC trooper alone......then you increase the damage that the specialist can do with the A280-CFE and increase the radius and duration of the shock grenade that the specialist has to slow people down for longer and prevent them from rolling/dodging when in the radius. That way the specialist can be used more in the mode and can be a counter to all the infiltrators in the game now. Right now the specialist is a waste of time in the new game mode. Anyone that is using the specialist in the new game is holding the team back.

You want the specialist to get a better grenade, really. No offense I despise anyone that plays the Specialist. It takes no skill at all to just one hit kill anyone from distance (with the last gun). Or you have people running with the bubble shield hitting you down with 1 or 2 hits in close combat. Idk, I don't think specialist needs to be improved.

The specialist might not be as good in this game mode, but there are already plenty maps (in GA, etc) where Specialist is the best unit. They are quite frustrating even if you play for example a heavy. Which is in my opinion so far the weakest of al the types. Yes they have a shield, explosive turret is also quite good and they have slightly more HP, but they are far slower in movement and mobility. Also compared to the options for the other classes it's imo not near their power or options to gain points.

Used to main Heavy, cause I liked to use it (explosive turret and their gun). But I have switched to Officer, cause I just couldn't keep up with the point gain that you can get from Officer compared to the Heavy (also disabler if used right is busted).
  • RyanK388
    1846 posts Member
    Can we just get a Commander Rex or a Captain Cody to replace Chewbacca in CS yet? He doesn’t really have the Ommffhh that Bossk or the other Saber wielders have
  • RyanK388
    1846 posts Member
    The Forces that attacked The Endor Moon with The Heroes of Yavin were Rebel Pathfinders, a Canon Alliance special forces unit.
    They could be the Infiltrator class the Alliance gets, they also are said to be the ones that participated in the infiltration of Scarif for the DS plans, that they were the ones who believed Jyn and Cassian about the (at-the-time) “alleged super weapon” and where the ones that went with them on the ship
  • Darth vader atack delay issue is still live.

Darth vader have 2 different atack animations when atacking while in "joging mode"
    After exciting the jog trot if his lightener will move to the left , the following atacks will go smooth and quick after first one but,
    If his first swing with the lightsaber will go to the right he will stay on one place for a good second before he will follow up with other atacks.

It is bassicaly a lotery and is sometimes frustrating when dealing against other heroes giving them a lot of time to react.
  • Please, i need this skin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3twppvwtsnad.jpg
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!