criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

BF 2015 vs BF 2017

Prev1
CeymalRen
951 posts Member
edited March 14
The 2015 game is far superior.

This is how I see it. The previous game has the best era. Sure I don't get to Play Kylo but I also don't need to watch a lizard cyborg anywhere on the map. Way more guns. Better map design. Cargo, Extraction (not on two maps). Better HvV. Walker assault is better than GA. Bots are way smarter in offline. Not to mention the offline modes (survival) are superior to arcade. Customization is way more detailed. Player stats. I could go on. I mean ok... I could do without the diorama mode.

Maybe I'm just surprised because I passed on the game when it came out but now with the ultimate edition being dirt cheap... Man.

I will give it to the sequel. SA and the campaign. Both are dead and abandoned.
Post edited by CeymalRen on

Replies

  • Nevertheless, would love to see Walker Assault back in this game, since it has more active players...
  • Dont have problems finding games on PS4. From what I've heard Pc is dead tho.
  • Also. Naboo, Kashyyk. Brrrrrrr.
  • CeymalRen wrote: »
    CaptainM09 wrote: »
    Nevertheless, would love to see Walker Assault back in this game, since it has more active players...

    You do realize that phase 1 of Crait, Naboo, Kashyyk, Hoth, are walker assault Right?

    Its not the same thing tho.

    How exactly?
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake"
    bhih9jzeyr6i.gif
  • Probably as you have to defend 2 terminals simultaneously while awaiting the Y wings to come in and bomb the walkers to lower the shields rather than one person hitting it with a rocket launcher.
  • Probably as you have to defend 2 terminals simultaneously while awaiting the Y wings to come in and bomb the walkers to lower the shields rather than one person hitting it with a rocket launcher.

    This.
  • I prefer HvV of current game. But as a SW shooter, I've always felt SWBF2015 was far better.

    Extraction in Jabba's palace and/or Sullust was really fun, plus the WA mode.

    All troopers should have same health, and I really miss the EE3
  • It was typically much harder for me to put the controller down in the 2015 game than this one. There's no big underlying reason for me, I think it's just a lot of little things that add up and make this game a disappointment in comparison to the previous game.
  • When it came out there was not enough content for that price. Plus the season pass. They went full greed. You should never go full greed. But when it's like 6 $ with all DLC? Man is it good. I feel like I missed out. Even though it's not dead yet there will be no new content. Bummer. But hey. There's not much on the horizon for this one as well so... Yeah
  • I prefer HvV of current game. But as a SW shooter, I've always felt SWBF2015 was far better.

    Extraction in Jabba's palace and/or Sullust was really fun, plus the WA mode.

    All troopers should have same health, and I really miss the EE3

    I like the 2015 HvV much more. It's just more balanced IMO. 4 heroes on the map all the time just seems like overkill now. It's like I'm a ping pong ball. lol.
  • Batman20
    1755 posts Member
    I think the first game was just more fun and there was more to do as well
  • CeymalRen wrote: »
    The 2015 game is far superior.

    This is how I see it. The previous game has the best era. Sure I don't get to Play Kylo but I also don't need to watch a lizard cyborg anywhere on the map. Way more guns. Better map design. Cargo, Extraction (not on two maps). Better HvV. Walker assault is better than GA. Bots are way smarter in offline. Not to mention the offline modes (survival) are superior to arcade. Customization is way more detailed. Player stats. I could go on. I mean ok... I could do without the diorama mode.

    Maybe I'm just surprised because I passed on the game when it came out but now with the ultimate edition being dirt cheap... Man.

    I will give it to the sequel. SA and the campaign. Both are dead and abandoned.

    Leave the Diorama out of this!
  • I tried 2015 recently for the first time and didn't really like it, gave it a 6.5/10. Battlefront 2 is much better imo, though it does suck how little DLC support Battlefront 2 gets compared to 2015.
  • rollind24
    5573 posts Member
    edited March 13
    CaptainM09 wrote: »
    CeymalRen wrote: »
    CaptainM09 wrote: »
    Nevertheless, would love to see Walker Assault back in this game, since it has more active players...

    You do realize that phase 1 of Crait, Naboo, Kashyyk, Hoth, are walker assault Right?

    Its not the same thing tho.

    How exactly?

    No Hero Spam for one
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • 2015 Maps are awesome :)

    bring them back!
  • CeymalRen wrote: »
    The 2015 game is far superior.

    This is how I see it. The previous game has the best era. Sure I don't get to Play Kylo but I also don't need to watch a lizard cyborg anywhere on the map. Way more guns. Better map design. Cargo, Extraction (not on two maps). Better HvV. Walker assault is better than GA. Bots are way smarter in offline. Not to mention the offline modes (survival) are superior to arcade. Customization is way more detailed. Player stats. I could go on. I mean ok... I could do without the diorama mode.

    Maybe I'm just surprised because I passed on the game when it came out but now with the ultimate edition being dirt cheap... Man.

    I will give it to the sequel. SA and the campaign. Both are dead and abandoned.

    Change the title of thread. It's just going to die because it won't get enough clicks. Everything your OP said is true.
  • ID_8615
    689 posts Member
    2015:
    - all weapons available to any class
    - no spawn kill scumming possible
    - objectives are easy to understand and assimilate for newbies
    - customizable star cards for the pros, or, borrow your buddy's set
    - all Walker Assaults are/we're available offline as well (and the AI bots were credible .. though expert levels are darn near impossible to surmount).
    - heroes were few.
    - heroes complimented the objectives; they didn't detract from them.
    - Walker Assaults had more space, more time to work each sector.


    Cons for BF2015
    - rolling was an extra button press.
    - though heroes were fewer in the WA, they we're tougher to bring down. Han Solo, e.g. would just sit back on Hoth and fire from afar at anything with a Lucky Shot.
  • ID_8615 wrote: »
    2015:
    - all weapons available to any class
    - no spawn kill scumming possible
    - objectives are easy to understand and assimilate for newbies
    - customizable star cards for the pros, or, borrow your buddy's set
    - all Walker Assaults are/we're available offline as well (and the AI bots were credible .. though expert levels are darn near impossible to surmount).
    - heroes were few.
    - heroes complimented the objectives; they didn't detract from them.
    - Walker Assaults had more space, more time to work each sector.


    Cons for BF2015
    - rolling was an extra button press.
    - though heroes were fewer in the WA, they we're tougher to bring down. Han Solo, e.g. would just sit back on Hoth and fire from afar at anything with a Lucky Shot.

    My first thought about this comparison is...roll was an added feature. Many may call a bonus. At the time, it was a welcomed addition, not an expectation.
  • bfloo wrote: »
    It was typically much harder for me to put the controller down in the 2015 game than this one. There's no big underlying reason for me, I think it's just a lot of little things that add up and make this game a disappointment in comparison to the previous game.

    It was hard for me to put the controller down for the 15 game. It is hard for me to pick it up for the 17 game.

    I agree
  • bfloo wrote: »
    It was typically much harder for me to put the controller down in the 2015 game than this one. There's no big underlying reason for me, I think it's just a lot of little things that add up and make this game a disappointment in comparison to the previous game.

    It was hard for me to put the controller down for the 15 game. It is hard for me to pick it up for the 17 game.

    Exactly. It’s a chore for me to log in and rank up these new heroes. I would wake myself up at 4AM to play before my 8AM classes with BF15. That game was magic.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • Well one is a bad game and the other is a less bad game.
    Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/TroopperFoFo/ .
    Battlefront 2 , Battlefield and more.
  • Chem0
    132 posts Member
    SWBF2015 was so meh.
  • ID_8615
    689 posts Member
    Tonight's GA's were just awful. It's bad enough to be on a newbie team. It's worse when the opposing side just **** around with heroes because they can and in inflates the 12~15 year old ego.

    There's no place in GA for so many over-powered heroes. It may be fun for a while, but even the over-inflated teen egos probably have an upper limit somewhere... .

    Yawnsville. Population - probably about the 85% or so who don't get to play as a hero/villain in GA.
  • The few months in and around The Outer Rim and Bespin DLC was peak battlefront for me
  • Good to see Im not alone in this feeling. LOL.
  • CeymalRen wrote: »
    The 2015 game is far superior.

    This is how I see it. The previous game has the best era. Sure I don't get to Play Kylo but I also don't need to watch a lizard cyborg anywhere on the map. Way more guns. Better map design. Cargo, Extraction (not on two maps). Better HvV. Walker assault is better than GA. Bots are way smarter in offline. Not to mention the offline modes (survival) are superior to arcade. Customization is way more detailed. Player stats. I could go on. I mean ok... I could do without the diorama mode.

    Maybe I'm just surprised because I passed on the game when it came out but now with the ultimate edition being dirt cheap... Man.

    I will give it to the sequel. SA and the campaign. Both are dead and abandoned.

    I’m not agree with you, I think bf2 is better.

    BF2 needs only a few adjustments, rebalancing and bug fixing and it will become the best battlefront game ever. We have ARC troops too, this is amazing!

    I hope that the sentinel class will become a hero killing class, I’m a little bit tired of how many heroes are on the battlefront in GA unbalancing the flow of the game
  • Btech3_14
    160 posts Member
    edited March 13
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    This game could be so much better but it seems that the devs at this point are working against it.


    The fact is that the community say I want this to be added, I want that, I want this buffed, I want this nerfed, this hero is to op, ...

    DICE is really confused what the community really wants and sometimes they listened to the wrong people and they bring to the game strange things like Heroes Unleashed...

    I’m ok with the heroes, they are amazing, but this game isn’t only about getting a hero as fast as possible and slaughter enemy troops...

    BF2 is a star wars battle simulator between too opposing armies, lead SOMETIMES by a leader/hero. I think that heroes should be a little more less common on the battlefront
  • better core gameplay mechanics

    Lol dude, are u sure you're playing Battlefront II?
  • better core gameplay mechanics

    Lol dude, are u sure you're playing Battlefront II?

    Yes, I am. To me, BF2015 felt way too arcady whilst BF2017 feel like a shooter (just not a great one). Also, I found myself getting very bored very easily in BF2015 because of it's gunplay, whilst I don't in BF2017. So although I think BF2015 is the better game, BF2017 is more fun for me.
  • banner wrote: »
    Apart from having more eras, better core gameplay mechanics, and much better starfighter combat, I kinda have to agree.

    i gotta disagree i think fighter squadron on BF1 is better than starfighter, most of the top players on fighter squadron agree to even though theyre generally the top players on starfighter to. Trouble with starfighter is..its to slow! getting away from someone on your tail is problematic, it takes ages all the while your team mates are pulling away on the leader board while your doing snail pace loop de loops! the lack of anything you can do defensively is very annoying. even the very best players are easy to kill! this wasnt the case on fighter squadron. i dont give two f**ks about playing the objective either! thats for kids, it doesnt take a good pilot to play the objectives.

    Fighter Squadron better? Are you serious or did I misunderstand your post.

    SFA is a game mode. FS was more like an add on.

    What’s sad is that you’re right. These days so many pilots don’t play the objective. Plenty posts about that here but SFA is summarily ignored by the devs since Criterion left.

    pH
  • bfloo
    15009 posts Member
    Phyrebrat wrote: »
    banner wrote: »
    Apart from having more eras, better core gameplay mechanics, and much better starfighter combat, I kinda have to agree.

    i gotta disagree i think fighter squadron on BF1 is better than starfighter, most of the top players on fighter squadron agree to even though theyre generally the top players on starfighter to. Trouble with starfighter is..its to slow! getting away from someone on your tail is problematic, it takes ages all the while your team mates are pulling away on the leader board while your doing snail pace loop de loops! the lack of anything you can do defensively is very annoying. even the very best players are easy to kill! this wasnt the case on fighter squadron. i dont give two f**ks about playing the objective either! thats for kids, it doesnt take a good pilot to play the objectives.

    Fighter Squadron better? Are you serious or did I misunderstand your post.

    SFA is a game mode. FS was more like an add on.

    What’s sad is that you’re right. These days so many pilots don’t play the objective. Plenty posts about that here but SFA is summarily ignored by the devs since Criterion left.

    pH

    FS had better maps and replay value.

    SFA is dull and predictable as GA, and some of the maps have too much debris.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • Lee1981 wrote: »
    CaptainM09 wrote: »
    CeymalRen wrote: »
    CaptainM09 wrote: »
    Nevertheless, would love to see Walker Assault back in this game, since it has more active players...

    You do realize that phase 1 of Crait, Naboo, Kashyyk, Hoth, are walker assault Right?

    Its not the same thing tho.

    How exactly?
    If you have played both games you would know there is a massive difference between GA and walker assault

    Ga cannot come close to the feel of walker assault

    Agree, it’s no comparison imo. WA>>>>>>>>>>>>>GA. I’ll also add, imo 15 is far more immersive, it feels like I’m playing in a movie.

    Have to agree with this. Too much cartoon clone wars content in this one ruining that movie experience for me.

    It's not the CW for me, the OT took a downgrade as well, BF2015 just looks more cinematic visually
  • CeymalRen
    951 posts Member
    edited March 13
    Lee1981 wrote: »
    CaptainM09 wrote: »
    CeymalRen wrote: »
    CaptainM09 wrote: »
    Nevertheless, would love to see Walker Assault back in this game, since it has more active players...

    You do realize that phase 1 of Crait, Naboo, Kashyyk, Hoth, are walker assault Right?

    Its not the same thing tho.

    How exactly?
    If you have played both games you would know there is a massive difference between GA and walker assault

    Ga cannot come close to the feel of walker assault

    Agree, it’s no comparison imo. WA>>>>>>>>>>>>>GA. I’ll also add, imo 15 is far more immersive, it feels like I’m playing in a movie.

    Have to agree with this. Too much cartoon clone wars content in this one ruining that movie experience for me.

    It's not the CW for me, the OT took a downgrade as well, BF2015 just looks more cinematic visually
    Lee1981 wrote: »
    CaptainM09 wrote: »
    CeymalRen wrote: »
    CaptainM09 wrote: »
    Nevertheless, would love to see Walker Assault back in this game, since it has more active players...

    You do realize that phase 1 of Crait, Naboo, Kashyyk, Hoth, are walker assault Right?

    Its not the same thing tho.

    How exactly?
    If you have played both games you would know there is a massive difference between GA and walker assault

    Ga cannot come close to the feel of walker assault

    Agree, it’s no comparison imo. WA>>>>>>>>>>>>>GA. I’ll also add, imo 15 is far more immersive, it feels like I’m playing in a movie.

    Have to agree with this. Too much cartoon clone wars content in this one ruining that movie experience for me.

    It's not the CW for me, the OT took a downgrade as well, BF2015 just looks more cinematic visually

    I agree with this. I mean it os the CW for me as well but the overall look is just different somehow.
  • CeymalRen wrote: »
    CaptainM09 wrote: »
    Nevertheless, would love to see Walker Assault back in this game, since it has more active players...

    You do realize that phase 1 of Crait, Naboo, Kashyyk, Hoth, are walker assault Right?

    Its not the same thing tho.

    +1
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!