criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Max number of heroes in GA and CS need to be 2

Prev13456
DarthCapa2
2845 posts Member
edited March 27
4 heroes, especially in the last phases (that often are full of choke points) are too many and broke all the balance. I said this from the start of the game. Put the max number of heroes at 2 per side. At max you can leave 4 heroes in last phases of some maps like Geonosis, Kashyyk, Star killer base and maybe Death Star, maps where the last phase is very big like in Geonosis or where is divided in two large objective points as the other 3 i mentioned. But definitely you can't leave 4 heroes in maps like Endor, Naboo, Mos Eisley, Kamino, Takodana etc etc..

@EA_Charlemagne @F8RGE

EDIT: the max number of heroes need to be 2 even in Capital Supremacy. At launch it was 2, now they'll put it at 4. No one ask for this, 4 heroes are too many for the good balance of the game. 2 is the perfect number.
Post edited by DarthCapa2 on

Replies

• WodiQuix
    4506 posts Member
    Versatti wrote: »
    They should also make it so that if you’ve played a hero and lost him/her then you don’t get another shot for the rest of the game.

Agreed.
  • SVEJ
    1160 posts Member
    DarthCapa2 wrote: »
    4 heroes, especially in the last phases (that often are full of choke points) are too many and broke all the balance. I said this from the start of the game. Put the max number of heroes at 2 per side. At max you can leave 4 heroes in last phases of some maps like Geonosis, Kashyyk, Star killer base and maybe Death Star, maps where the last phase is very big like in Geonosis or where is divided in two large objective points as the other 3 i mentioned. But definitely you can't leave 4 heroes in maps like Endor, Naboo, Mos Eisley, Kamino, Takodana etc etc..

@EA_Charlemagne @F8RGE

Ha, try 3 heroes on Phase 2 of Jakku. thanks for fixing that issue DICE.
  • OcDoc
    1280 posts Member
    I think they had the right idea with doing events. That way they don’t split the player base.

HU is an awesome event, they just need a few events that are opposite in nature to balance it out. Diversity in gameplay is what keeps me interested and invested and events allow for that.

I think they will have more flexibility when the new large scale mode comes out. That way everyone has a solid option even on an event weekend. They could even make it a whole week at that point.
  • For heroes to be restricted to 2 REY's insight for her team, Yoda's Presence, Finn's Big Deal, and Wookiees would all need adjusting. Wookiee Warriors have damage outputs that rival heroes (outright better than some heroes) and the team benefits from those specific hero abilites are too much for 2 DS teams to handle.
    DarthCapa2 wrote: »
    Nah. Bad idea. Anakin and Yoda vs any two Dark side heroes is a mismatch, sorry, won't work.

then now it worst because you can have Anakin + Yoda + Finn + another one. sorry no logic in your comment

There being 4 villains is better because all 4 of them MIGHT be able to overcome the advantage the LS has in GA, 2 isn't enough.
    F8RGE wrote: »
    This is an interesting discussion, please keep it going. The quantity of heroes in GA is something we are talking about, as well as maybe making the ones available be 'era specific'.

There are of course concerns over potential balance, but is something we are looking at.

Lovely to see we are on the same page with some stuff.

I am 100% behind era specific. Appreciate its not for everyone. As you say balancing could be an issue, particularly for dark side ST as you only have kylo and phasma. So that would suggest more hero drops unrelated to CW would be needed which at this point looks impossible.

Think I've said before I personally also like the idea of once a hero is used and dies they can't be used again, and there should never be more than 2 on each side at any one time.

Also... Not sure that the fastest to get BP should necessarily be the ones that get all hero's first, but that is maybe another discussion.

As far as Era is concerned:

PT: doesn't matter, Yoda+ the terrible map design of the PT maps=win.

OT Wookiees would need adjusting and Yoda would either need to be adjusted or removed from being considered "in era"

ST: REY's insight and Finn's big deal would need adjusting and Phasma would need to be readjusted, Flametroopers might also need some readjusting against sabers or there needs to be a smaller cap on them.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • F8RGE wrote: »
    This is an interesting discussion, please keep it going. The quantity of heroes in GA is something we are talking about, as well as maybe making the ones available be 'era specific'.

There are of course concerns over potential balance, but is something we are looking at.

Maybe limit the heroes for certain maps such as Kamino and Endor. I've experienced some thrilling matches on Naboo, Takodana an others during 10min over time that wouldn't be possible without all those heroes. Having access to a lot of heroes allows flexibility that if anything could be tweaked on a per map&phase evaluation. Definitely prefer the limited time events like heroes unleashed and era locked you're doing rather then making dramatic changes that limits game options for the long term.
  • F8RGE wrote: »
    Yes, that's something we'd probably try at some point. We just need to find the right time. With heroes being added we don't want to all of a sudden take them away.

With the new mode later this month probably late April is the earliest I would do a trooper only weekend (maybe it would be something that could be applied to the new mode as well?).

Scorch: I think we may have to blast our way through that... And I'm *not* just saying that because I love to blow stuff up.
  • bfloo wrote: »

The Era locked event was the most competitive this game has been since the beta.

You should take out regular GA, then add the Era Locked version and Heroes Unleashed. The two variants attract different types of players.

Just figure out a 3rd villain for the FO for the time being (Bossk or Boba?) to add some variety.

Bossk and Boba could totally be alive during the ST

Also they should remove anakin from the OT, makes no sense to have him cost 4k there
  • bfloo
    14754 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »

The Era locked event was the most competitive this game has been since the beta.

You should take out regular GA, then add the Era Locked version and Heroes Unleashed. The two variants attract different types of players.

Just figure out a 3rd villain for the FO for the time being (Bossk or Boba?) to add some variety.

Bossk and Boba could totally be alive during the ST

Also they should remove anakin from the OT, makes no sense to have him cost 4k there

I agree about Ani in the OT, I figured it was just an error that would be fixed eventually.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• dan_fk1 wrote: »
    I struggle to see why restricting content is a good idea. At the end of the day the amount of content in this game is already limited, and repetitive if you have been playing for a long time.

As someone who really enjoys this game, without being a 'hardcore' Star Wars fan, reducing heroes or making them era specific would ruin this game for me and I probably wont play it.

I usually get Heroes first and then can easily play it so that I don't die, as so can many others. Therefore this will just limit opportunities for other players to get heroes and encourage people to camp in the lobby, disrupting the flow of the game.

I've found over the past year playing this game, the constant changes, broken heroes and multiple bugs have made it a lot less enjoyable. I would love for you to just to leave it as it is. As underneath all of this, it really is a great game.

I think for this game it is a balance between traditional shooter and immursion. If you want a straight up battle shooter game there are plenty of others to choose from. Personally I want this to be a shooter battle game when I feel I am in the star wars universe, more precisely, the movies. Anything that points towards that kind of iconic status I support.

A difficult balance to strike I know but era specific hero's and less hero spamming would help that imo.
  • Smattonellus
    538 posts Member
    edited March 15
    Now, i liked era locked event, but if this were to be a permanent change to GA I'd say max 2 heroes per side as per topic, because that's definitely more balanced, but with no era restriction, as to keep the freedom of choice, it would be boring playing, say, as sequel dark side, so reduce the maximum number of heroes but not the number of them to choose from. My two cents.
  • Now, i liked era locked event, but if this were to be a permanent change to GA I'd say max 2 heroes per side as per topic, because that's definitely more balanced, but with no era restriction, as to keep the freedom of choice, it would be boring playing, say, as sequel dark side, so reduce the maximum number of heroes but not the number of them to choose from. My two cents.

If agree. If we went max 2 hero's and era locked we would need more hero's per era, especially for ST.
  • I also hope they make some playlists or server browsers
    I'm the sarlacc that ate Boba Fett. I wish I hadn't because he was a favorite by many fans and an underdeveloped character.

Check out my concepts of a Coruscant Community Transmission Here:

https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/131088/coruscant-community-transmission-concept#latest
  • Strike/blast have no heroes. I feel like this subject comes up every other week. If they limit it to 2 heroes I'm done with this game.

What if they made Heroes Unleashed a permanent thing on the side?? I do agree with what one poster said saying there needs to be both...for the sake of peace lol.