criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Is Lightsaber Combat Coming or Not?

I was told by a mod that lightsaber combat would be announced this month, is it not?

Replies

• It'll be part of the update on the 26th
  • I was told by a mod that lightsaber combat would be announced this month, is it not?

The CT for the lightsaber changes is coming this week.

• When Dice says "this month", it means no sooner than its last two days

which is basically next month because some people cant play during week
  • a8sgf8fi04uw.jpg
    Don't be like Spiderman.
  • RyanK388
    1149 posts Member
    Why is lightsaber stuff important again?

Is it because the current saber gameplay is like when you have the toy Lightsabers made of plastic where we would just whack eachother with it and that’s not uhh realistic or what not
  • RyanK388 wrote: »
    Why is lightsaber stuff important again?

Is it because the current saber gameplay is like when you have the toy Lightsabers made of plastic where we would just whack eachother with it and that’s not uhh realistic or what not

Because it's not fun having multiple people spam at you and you cant do anything. Its baffling that blaster heroes need more skill than saber heroes that are supposed to duel with one another. Not just spam until someone wins. You can typically outclass someone by dodging and blocking, but there should be more to it than that.
  • To confirm, it's still slated for release in this month's update.

Thank you.
  • anidriX
    342 posts Member
    To confirm, it's still slated for release in this month's update.

I’m saving this comment as it’s the only official confirmation i’ve seen that the lightsaber rework is coming in March.

• I was told by a mod that lightsaber combat would be announced this month, is it not?

My guess is that the lightsaber CT is going to require all of the specific changes to stamina for each of the lightsaber heroes. That maybe one of the things that's holding it up. Maybe they haven't decided on the exact numbers yet?

My guess is that the lightsaber CT is going to require all of the specific changes to stamina for each of the lightsaber heroes. That maybe one of the things that's holding it up. Maybe they haven't decided on the exact numbers yet?

Nah at this point they have it done. They just need to get the OK from Sony/Microsoft that they can do the update.

I just really want to know what they did.
    We need a Tier System for the Heroes. It would justify the "op-ness" of Vader over Han and Chewbacca. It would cost much more to unlock Vader, and would require you to save a lot more than for other heroes and vehicles, but it would be rewarding in the end...

"It would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames
  • DarthJ
    5886 posts Member
    I was told by a mod that lightsaber combat would be announced this month, is it not?

Nah at this point they have it done. They just need to get the OK from Sony/Microsoft that they can do the update.

Yep - its annoying that they have to get communications approval for something like this. Just say it already, the game is in a bad state as it is and neglecting to communicate about it isn't going to help things.
    41st Forum Fury Battalion Founder PSN: ibrajoker59
  • DarthJ wrote: »

Yep - its annoying that they have to get communications approval for something like this. Just say it already, the game is in a bad state as it is and neglecting to communicate about it isn't going to help things.

Wholeheartedly agree. I just want to know what they changed, and whether it is a complete rework or a minor adjustment here and there (the stamina rework from before). They said they are removing stagger on hitting a block, so that's already a HUGE plus. But if that's all, then it's not enough to be called a "rework". If they add heavy strikes (same animation as normal strikes but slower and deal more damage), that are designed to slowly break blocks down, then that would be fantastic. Heavy attacks wouldn't immediately destroy a block like Anakin's Passionate Strike, but it would help prevent turtling. If they added a parry stance (to help a blocker push an attacker off them) or something, that would certainly take time to do and constitute a full rework.

Regardless, bottom line is that I wish they could just tell us what they did, so that we may prepare ourselves for what's to come, be it good or bad.

Hopefully it cant get much worse. Hopefully...
    We need a Tier System for the Heroes. It would justify the "op-ness" of Vader over Han and Chewbacca. It would cost much more to unlock Vader, and would require you to save a lot more than for other heroes and vehicles, but it would be rewarding in the end...

"It would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames
  • DarthJ
    5886 posts Member
    DarthJ wrote: »

Wholeheartedly agree. I just want to know what they changed, and whether it is a complete rework or a minor adjustment here and there (the stamina rework from before). They said they are removing stagger on hitting a block, so that's already a HUGE plus. But if that's all, then it's not enough to be called a "rework". If they add heavy strikes (same animation as normal strikes but slower and deal more damage), that are designed to slowly break blocks down, then that would be fantastic. Heavy attacks wouldn't immediately destroy a block like Anakin's Passionate Strike, but it would help prevent turtling. If they added a parry stance (to help a blocker push an attacker off them) or something, that would certainly take time to do and constitute a full rework.

Regardless, bottom line is that I wish they could just tell us what they did, so that we may prepare ourselves for what's to come, be it good or bad.

I would imagine all we will get is removed stagger and stun, with a couple of stamina changes. I don't expect them to rework the whole thing at this stage
    41st Forum Fury Battalion Founder PSN: ibrajoker59
  • DarthJ wrote: »
    DarthJ wrote: »

I would imagine all we will get is removed stagger and stun, with a couple of stamina changes. I don't expect them to rework the whole thing at this stage

Probably. The thing is, if they make it so that there's no way to get an enemy off you, then what we'll have is Saber Heroes have no way to win a 1 v +2 duel. I agree both stun locks and stagger should be removed for the most part, and that stamina could use a look at. But there needs to be some depth to it that requires a little bit of skill. Otherwise, it will go back to being subpar and unenjoyable. I'm not asking for some hyper-indepth combat simulator, but some bare bones complexity that allows for some skill to be required. Because, at the moment, if you have 2 Saber Heroes (let's say Vader and Luke) who are in a strict 1v1 scenario, and they both have at least half a braincell, then the match would go on until one loses patience and goes to attack the blocker. Yes, you cant hold up a block forever, but you can stall for like 20 seconds to recover any lost health, drop your guard for 3 seconds and recover your stamina, then rinse and repeat.

I just want to know what they did, because Saber Combat has ALWAYS been trash, even at launch. It's just the varying degrees of trash that have changed. Sure, the animations and physics are FAR superior to the last game, but the mechanics to Saber Combat are garbage. If executed in full, me they could work great. But at the moment, there are key points missing that critically hurt the whole system.

• If block, hit detection (particularly with Count Dooku and Kenobi) force powers failing to work and General Grievous ability to spam attacks faster than anyone can retaliate aren't fixed, no new saber combat system is going to matter.
  • MerovechI wrote: »
    If block, hit detection (particularly with Count Dooku and Kenobi) force powers failing to work and General Grievous ability to spam attacks faster than anyone can retaliate aren't fixed, no new saber combat system is going to matter.

• Looking forward to this update. This is one thing that does need to be addressed.

and when is the CT for this update expected to drop?

appreciated.

and when is the CT for this update expected to drop?

appreciated.

They originally said it would be this week, though things could have changed. We know for sure that the new game mode CT is coming first, so if they are both this week still, I would guess tomorrow for the new game mode CT and Friday for the lightsaber CT.