criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Gamescom 2019 Triple XP
Community Transmission

Am I the Target?

OcDoc
1681 posts Member
If you (DICE) aren’t going to reformat HvV anytime soon, could you give us a quality of life improvement by changing your target notification system?

I know there is a beep and yellow letters at the top telling us we are the target but it isn’t enough. I have gone straight into a fight I should have waited for backup on only to realize after losing most of my health or even being killed that I was the target.

The problem is mostly when the player who is about to be the target on your team dies and all the sudden it switches to you. At that point I have already figured I wasn’t going to be the target next and I go into a more aggressive, attacking mindset. Then all the sudden I am the target and hurt my teams chances of winning the round.

Suggested remedy- make MY screen glow around the edges or maybe even make MY character glow and only make it visible to me or my team.

I have lost matches that were down to the wire this way and wow is it frustrating!

Other suggestions welcome.

Replies

• hosco33
    220 posts Member
    yeah :D , sometimes I don't notice it, some other times I just forgot and have had the same thoughts
  • It actually got improved once. Back at release it was way more difficult to see it the right time. For me it's ok how it is now.
  • OcDoc
    1681 posts Member
    Tells you something about the members on the forum when I have 3 lol’s and only 1 agree and it is obvious I am not joking.

Why do I even bother?

Oh, that’s right! It is because I actually want the game to get better. Thanks for the feedback from the two that posted seriously though. Really appreciate the perspective.
  • M3lgo
    27 posts Member
    Totally agree with you !

When you are deeply into the action, sometimes you don't see the notifications and you can realize you're the target, too late, when facing the enemy.

And the last second targeting can be very frustrating when you were in a middle of a fight

Maybe a vocal warning could help with a big notification on the screen. The actual one is too small, especially if you have a large screen.
  • brienj
    680 posts Member
    It says at the very top that you are the target. Do they need to flash the words or something? They are already in a bright color.
  • M3lgo
    27 posts Member
    No kidding ?????!!!!!!

Of course we know that... We say that SOMETIMES, in the middle of the action, we don't see the notifications and it should be more flashy, bigger, with sound, I dont know...

Just Read the messages entirely...
  • They need to have a 1 second flash Warner that is very large and says:

You are the target, play defensively

This would help players to know that they are the target, and that they should play defensive.
    “The force is with me and I am one with the force. I fear nothing because everything is as the Force wills it to be.” -Chirrut Imwe
  • OcDoc
    1681 posts Member
    Iceninja wrote: »
    They need to have a 1 second flash Warner that is very large and says:

You are the target, play defensively

This would help players to know that they are the target, and that they should play defensive.

Maybe not the “play defensively” part because you shouldn’t tell someone how to play, but a bigger version of “you are the target” for a second could help. Kinda like when you level up.

It just needs to be obvious enough that I won’t miss it when I am focusing on combat but not so disruptive that it blocks my ability to see who I am fighting or where I am moving.

The way it is right now just isn’t enough IMO.

• I don’t know what’s funnier; your blaming of the game for your inattentivenes or your precious reactions to people who don’t agree with you.

Chill out. It happens to us all - don’t sweat the small stuff, take the loss. Or don’t go in all guns blazing when the targets are not set on screen.

To suggest that ‘you are now the target, play defensively’ is needed is the epitome of handholding. I’d have thought if that the kind of thing that bothers you, you’d have a bigger priority wish list in GA!!

• OcDoc
    1681 posts Member
    Phyrebrat wrote: »
    I don’t know what’s funnier; your blaming of the game for your inattentivenes or your precious reactions to people who don’t agree with you.

Chill out. It happens to us all - don’t sweat the small stuff, take the loss. Or don’t go in all guns blazing when the targets are not set on screen.

To suggest that ‘you are now the target, play defensively’ is needed is the epitome of handholding. I’d have thought if that the kind of thing that bothers you, you’d have a bigger priority wish list in GA!!

Thanks for the reply but I think you are a bit off base. I am not hyped up about anything, I just think it would be a simple and easy quality of life improvement.

Suggestions for improving the game should be welcome and not dissuaded.

Also, if you read what I wrote I am not in favor of saying “play defensively”. I think that is a step too far.

Lastly, I know I am not the only one with the issue. My friends that play have had the same problem. It is reasonable to believe others have had a similar situation and this would take minimal time and resources to improve.

• OcDoc wrote: »
    I don’t know what’s funnier; your blaming of the game for your inattentivenes or your precious reactions to people who don’t agree with you.

Thanks for the reply but I think you are a bit off base. I am not hyped up about anything, I just think it would be a simple and easy quality of life improvement.

Also, if you read what I wrote I am not in favor of saying “play defensively”. I think that is a step too far.

Lastly, I know I am not the only one with the issue. My friends that play have had the same problem. It is reasonable to believe others have had a similar situation and this would take minimal time and resources to improve.

Okay, fair enough, but to me it seems like unnecessary work. I say this because I am a dreadful (I mean really bad!!) HvV or infantry player (Sfa is my bag) but even so, I’ve never had the problem you describe.

I just figured if it’s not such an issue for a low tier player like me, then maybe it’s you and not the game <shrug>

pH
  • OcDoc
    1681 posts Member
    OcDoc wrote: »

Okay, fair enough, but to me it seems like unnecessary work. I say this because I am a dreadful (I mean really bad!!) HvV or infantry player (Sfa is my bag) but even so, I’ve never had the problem you describe.

I just figured if it’s not such an issue for a low tier player like me, then maybe it’s you and not the game <shrug>

pH

I am a decent player and I get teamed up with some pretty bad randoms. I think part of the issue is that I have to compensate for a lot of my team most of the time, so I have to play aggressive.

So perhaps skill level has something to do with it.

But I also had a situation the other day where I heard the beep. Then I was looking at the clock which was white and then stopped. Then all the sudden it was white with 3 seconds left and when it got to zero it finally said I was the target.

So bugs might be another issue.
  • OcDoc wrote: »
    OcDoc wrote: »

pH

I am a decent player and I get teamed up with some pretty bad randoms. I think part of the issue is that I have to compensate for a lot of my team most of the time, so I have to play aggressive.

So perhaps skill level has something to do with it.

But I also had a situation the other day where I heard the beep. Then I was looking at the clock which was white and then stopped. Then all the sudden it was white with 3 seconds left and when it got to zero it finally said I was the target.

So bugs might be another issue.

I must admit there have been times I’ve forgotten I’m the target and been killed.

But that’s a bug to do with my age I think :smile:
  • From my experience the notification is obvious enough; it's colourful and animated. But maybe I'm just more attentive because of my loathing of the next time of me becoming the target. I despise that system.
  • jonci
    1016 posts Member
    xk9v0w7jfssm.jpg :# .....
  • OcDoc
    1681 posts Member
    jonci wrote: »
    xk9v0w7jfssm.jpg :# .....

Nice one!