criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Battle Point Event
Focused Feedback

Triple XP Weekend: Starfighter Assault

2Next

Replies

• Nope, they do not work weekends at all, or holidays.
  • Nope, they do not work weekends at all, or holidays.

...or effectively, or logically, or openly, or...
  • Cadoth
    1161 posts Member
    TariboWest wrote: »
    Cadoth wrote: »
    JayJedi wrote: »
    Omniscient wrote: »
    I played a couple rounds of SA last night (PS4) and it looks like it is 3x battle points throughout the game instead of multiplying your score at the end of the round. I don't play a lot of SA, but I seemed to be levelling up a lot quicker than usual.

I sincerely hope that’s a typo and that the event is not rewarding 3x BP instead of 3x XP. That would be a failure of a whole nudder level.

You are still getting 3x XP, you just earn it throughout the match instead of multiplying your score at the end by 3.

I'm pretty sure you normally get 500 points for destroying an objective in SA, but this morning I got 1500 so it looks to me like the multiplier is being applied in game instead of at the end of the round.

I don’t know about SA but in hero star fighters I’m getting just 2x xp

It´s called "Triple XP Weekend: Starfighter Assault". Not "Triple XP Weekend: Hero starfighters".
    jebber wrote: »
    TariboWest wrote: »
    Cadoth wrote: »
    Omniscient wrote: »
    I played a couple rounds of SA last night (PS4) and it looks like it is 3x battle points throughout the game instead of multiplying your score at the end of the round. I don't play a lot of SA, but I seemed to be levelling up a lot quicker than usual.

I sincerely hope that’s a typo and that the event is not rewarding 3x BP instead of 3x XP. That would be a failure of a whole nudder level.

You are still getting 3x XP, you just earn it throughout the match instead of multiplying your score at the end by 3.

I'm pretty sure you normally get 500 points for destroying an objective in SA, but this morning I got 1500 so it looks to me like the multiplier is being applied in game instead of at the end of the round.

I don’t know about SA but in hero star fighters I’m getting just 2x xp

It´s called "Triple XP Weekend: Starfighter Assault". Not "Triple XP Weekend: Hero starfighters".

Try again. "Triple XP will be active for all ships within Starfigher Assault AND HERO STARFIGHTERS for the duration of this event."

tmb9r9x95x5c.jpg

• Jett_Fett_91166
    3947 posts Member
    edited March 17
    Mode has become repetitive. Same maps, same hero ships and no reinforcements, meh. Played regular SA for a little bit, leveled up some hero ships but there is a lot of camping in the lobbies going on. Also who wants to wait around for a full lobby of SA HvV only to get y-wing spammed as we, the players, can't respawn as a hero ship in SA HvV. Why?

Whomever is in charge of this project should have ensured the bonus was working in both modes and removed the hero ship limit so it would be SA HU with the added bonus xp.
    Punch it? Yeah, I don't think so.
    Game is FUBAR.
    Post edited by Jett_Fett_91166 on
    #StarWars-y
  • Zyder
    442 posts Member
    SA is abandoned AS *****.
  • Zyder wrote: »
    SA is abandoned AS ****.

I had a full lobby, then I got EoMM'd into an empty one. Working as intended.
    Don't click unless you want to know the truth....
  • Chem0
    170 posts Member
    No problems on finding SFA matches or problems with EoMM.
    Platform: PC
  • Chico
    441 posts Member
    Zyder wrote: »
    SA is abandoned AS ****.

Same here. I was in the middle of my team on score, then sent to a lobby with one other person. I could sort of understand if I was the worst player by a mile but I was just average. No idea how this thing works.
  • Dingbattin_1000
    174 posts Member
    edited March 17
    I'm getting triple exp ok, I think, but I keep getting disconnected from the servers. I'm able to complete 1 in every 3 rounds maybe. Very frustrating and almost not worth playing. I'm on a PS4. This is only game I have issues with so I know it's not my own connection.

I actually don't even know why I bother playing. Starfighter Assault is the absolute worst mode when it comes to getting killed at the spawn cause it seems like quite often I'm taking damage before the animation ends when getting back into battle. I start spinning for no reason, only about half the time I when I lock on to somebody does my torpedo release when I let go of the button, and I can't even figure out where my health bar is. It's been a horrible mode for me since an update that was actually made in BF1 and I just can't get used to anything in it at all. Almost all of my levels were from the crates when the game was released.
    Post edited by Dingbattin_1000 on
  • brienj
    680 posts Member
    I'm getting triple exp ok, I think, but I keep getting disconnected from the servers. I'm able to complete 1 in every 3 rounds maybe. Very frustrating and almost not worth playing. I'm on a PS4. This is only game I have issues with so I know it's not my own connection.

I actually don't even know why I bother playing. Starfighter Assault is the absolute worst mode when it comes to getting killed at the spawn cause it seems like quite often I'm taking damage before the animation ends when getting back into battle. I start spinning for no reason, only about half the time I when I lock on to somebody does my torpedo release when I let go of the button, and I can't even figure out where my health bar is. It's been a horrible mode for me since an update that was actually made in BF1 and I just can't get used to anything in it at all. Almost all of my levels were from the crates when the game was released.

When that starts happening, I write down the usernames of the people spawn killing, just in case they aren't listed on my recent player list, then I quit, go to recent player list, or manually search for them, then block them. Then search for another round. It's great just blocking the try hards, and works well.
  • try again next time !
  • So mods, is there going to be any kind of XP compensation for those of us who played HS this weekend and received single XP all 3 days?

Do tell. Please.
  • Billkwando wrote: »

You know me, love this community, well most of it, so I like to help out when and where I can.
    Keep on rock'n!
    #StarWars-y
  • TheScape
    2251 posts Member
    Chico wrote: »
    Zyder wrote: »
    SA is abandoned AS ****.

Same here. I was in the middle of my team on score, then sent to a lobby with one other person. I could sort of understand if I was the worst player by a mile but I was just average. No idea how this thing works.

That isn't so bad. It just kicked me twice in a short interval after a match and I couldn't get into any lobby. It would just kick me back to the main menu after the planet loading screen every single time. I am tired of this bug. It seems to always happen after being matched into laggy lobbies too.
    May your heart be your guiding key.
  • jonci
    1175 posts Member
    Well that was pointless (for some literally), in top 5 in games, get to use Hero ships? not often, people camping in the selection area, very frustrating selecting one to count down to 1 and its in use, if its available to select then it should be playable).
    Got better chance of levelling up in normal mode and scoring.

Also if you were the Pratt on PC, Sunday evening telling people how to play, and ended up with a score of just 3500 on a 3 x xp weekend then i suggest you give it up and play something else.

Also for the noobs accusing people of hacking with 80000 + scores (on a 3 x xp weekend) suggest you borrow his Tetris afterwards.
  • DarthJ
    6695 posts Member
    So overall - worked intermittently. Stopped working as well completely around 8pm UK time last night - thought it was meant to run until 11 or midnight?
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • DarthJ wrote: »
    So overall - worked intermittently. Stopped working as well completely around 8pm UK time last night - thought it was meant to run until 11 or midnight?

I played up until 10.30 pm UK time and it worked for me (PC). I did notice once or twice I barely got any BP but then respawned and got triple points.
  • DarthJ
    6695 posts Member
    azzer86 wrote: »
    DarthJ wrote: »

I played up until 10.30 pm UK time and it worked for me (PC). I did notice once or twice I barely got any BP but then respawned and got triple points.

Ah strange. I'm on PS4. Just wouldn't budge around 8ish, ended up going on something else after a few games.
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • Didn't have any issues. Freaking loved it.
  • grimmace2
    1244 posts Member
    Only got in to a few matches this weekend. Had some severely limited playtime but it also seemed like there were some MM issues as well. Full player count at the end of the round, dumped in to a new location with two people on each team after EORMM. Sigh.

Of the times I did get to play, it almost seemed like there were a couple of "triple, triple" scoring events. It seemed like BP gain during the match was tripled, and then EOR tripled again. Didn't happen all the time, and I could be totally wrong, but it seemed there was at least one match where I finished with ~ 15K, but EOR had me at 45K. Earn rates in match were certainly tripled as I saw some people getting hero ships almost immediately. Took me a minute to realize they were simply respawning. Did see some nice gains on my hero ships, feels like x3 XP should be a permanent addition to SA. Couldn't get in to a match of Hero SA at all, might be time to abandon the mode until some fundamental changes are made to its format.

Overall, I had fun again in SA, thanks to the dev team for the event.
  • Best event so far. Made SA so much fun. I'd say that gain battle point there should be double the amount it is now.
  • Chem0
    170 posts Member
    I still want spawntimer removed from SFA. It interrupts the flow of the matches.