criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Can't level up the hero starfighters if no one will play.

Fact

Replies

  • Pretty good thread, bro.

    Fact.
  • Jett_Fett_91166
    2699 posts Member
    edited March 15
    Not being able to respawn as hero star fighter might have something to do with the empty lobbies. Remove the standard star fighters and make it hero ships only.

    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/120890/comment-if-you-want-to-respawn-as-hero-in-hvv-sa#latest

    Assumed you were talking HvV SA, not regular SA.
  • Not being able to respawn as hero star fighter might have something to do with the empty lobbies. Remove the standard star fighters and make it hero ships only.

    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/120890/comment-if-you-want-to-respawn-as-hero-in-hvv-sa#latest

    I couldn't agree more. Make it happen EA and DICE!
  • If your Ping setting is Virginia, try switching to Germany. My default is Germany and I can usually get games, but if I switch to Virginia (sometimes it is better for lag issues), then everyone seems to play SA all the time instead. Hope that helps.
  • MillSmit wrote: »
    If your Ping setting is Virginia, try switching to Germany. My default is Germany and I can usually get games, but if I switch to Virginia (sometimes it is better for lag issues), then everyone seems to play SA all the time instead. Hope that helps.

    Ok thx will try that.
  • brienj
    275 posts Member
    It took me FOREVER to get the completed objective for playing this mode just one time. That was the first and last time I played it, just for that objective. It's worse than regular HvV.
  • MillSmit
    189 posts Member
    edited March 16
    SrawDawg wrote: »
    MillSmit wrote: »
    If your Ping setting is Virginia, try switching to Germany. My default is Germany and I can usually get games, but if I switch to Virginia (sometimes it is better for lag issues), then everyone seems to play SA all the time instead. Hope that helps.

    Ok thx will try that.

    Actually, forget it. Went back to SA for the weekend because while you can actually find a match in Hero Starfighters, you just end up sitting around for hours waiting for people to join .
  • MillSmit wrote: »
    SrawDawg wrote: »
    MillSmit wrote: »
    If your Ping setting is Virginia, try switching to Germany. My default is Germany and I can usually get games, but if I switch to Virginia (sometimes it is better for lag issues), then everyone seems to play SA all the time instead. Hope that helps.

    Ok thx will try that.

    Actually, forget it. Went back to SA for the weekend because while you can actually find a match in Hero Starfighters, you just end up sitting around for hours waiting for people to join .

    Yeah, it seems to take forever to get matches going.
  • SrawDawg wrote: »
    Fact

    Honestly? I am so not surprised. Let me pretend to be shocked for like 5 seconds.

    I mean like why would anyone bother to play as a hero starship when you can play as the actual hero instead.
  • SrawDawg wrote: »
    Fact

    Honestly? I am so not surprised. Let me pretend to be shocked for like 5 seconds.

    I mean like why would anyone bother to play as a hero starship when you can play as the actual hero instead.

    LOL


  • SrawDawg wrote: »
    Fact

    Honestly? I am so not surprised. Let me pretend to be shocked for like 5 seconds.

    I mean like why would anyone bother to play as a hero starship when you can play as the actual hero instead.

    You must work for DICE. How is Poe in HvV?
  • RyanK388
    1149 posts Member
    Galactic Assault is the Main Draw for this game, everything else is really just a sideshow

    Plus I’ve never been a good pilot in this game every time I’ve ever tried Starfighter mode it’s always been meh for me
  • I really wanted to like Hero Starfighters, but the same thing always happens every time I play: My whole team is picked off until it's just me against 3 or 4 enemies, who then chase me about until I am killed. For some reason, I am always dumped on teams of lemons - logic would suggest the common factor is me, but since I am almost always the last one left on my team, that doesn't compute.
  • RyanK388 wrote: »
    Galactic Assault is the Main Draw for this game, everything else is really just a sideshow

    Plus I’ve never been a good pilot in this game every time I’ve ever tried Starfighter mode it’s always been meh for me

    The ironic thing for me was originally I bought the game just for Starfighter Assault, and didn't have much desire initially for the other modes (but then I don't have much desire at all anyway). But the other modes grew on me. First HvV, and then Galactic Assault. I see their appeal now. But hopefully that new mode will feature all the modes in one.
  • i tried to play SFA saturday night and i waited for 15 minutes until people joined a game on kamino. it was 8h30 pm (east coast North america).

    hero starfigher mode was supposed to level up quicker our ships ... isn't ? in fact, it is a fail.

  • Speedjack wrote: »
    i tried to play SFA saturday night and i waited for 15 minutes until people joined a game on kamino. it was 8h30 pm (east coast North america).

    hero starfigher mode was supposed to level up quicker our ships ... isn't ? in fact, it is a fail.

    I saw no conformation that it was giving triple xp in the game this weekend, and I read a post here that said its default 2xp always? Now I'm confused. If the games were back to back with no waiting and no picking of regular starfighters it probably would not take too awful long to level them. But at the pace of 1 game an hour and all the in between time of the rounds, it would take forever that way. I actually was doing better in regular SA yesterday. Even though I was able to get a decent amount of hero starfighters yesterday compared to what I'm used to.
  • Mechanics of the Hero SA mode need to change. Either target system like regular HvV or Hero Blast with a ticket count. Either way, it needs to include the ability to respawn as a hero ship.
  • DarthJ
    5886 posts Member
    grimmace2 wrote: »
    Mechanics of the Hero SA mode need to change. Either target system like regular HvV or Hero Blast with a ticket count. Either way, it needs to include the ability to respawn as a hero ship.

    Agreed. The mode is a good idea, it just doesn't function well, which then knocks any interest for it on the head from players. I was waiting about 5-10 minutes at times (UK based). With triple XP not working consistently for me, I only went up a few levels for the odd hero ship, before getting frustrated that I couldn't find a quick game and the XP wasn't functioning properly.
    41st Forum Fury Battalion Founder PSN: ibrajoker59
  • grimmace2 wrote: »
    Mechanics of the Hero SA mode need to change. Either target system like regular HvV or Hero Blast with a ticket count. Either way, it needs to include the ability to respawn as a hero ship.

Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!