criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Community Survey: March

Prev1
F8RGE
435 posts EA Community Manager
edited March 15
Time for another Community Survey, let us know what you think:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/SWBFIIMAR

As always, your thoughts and opinions really do help us to gauge what you like, dislike and how we can improve. Be honest and be constructive.

Thanks!
Post edited by F8RGE on

Replies

• Versatti
    1728 posts Member
    edited March 15
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    I'll do this one, just keep in mind a lot of people didn't like that a poll was posted here just for you to say "A poll with 250 votes isn't that indicative of anything".

If we give feedback it should be considered.

Indeed, was pretty annoyed with that throw away comment.

However, I’m feeling generous and as it’s almost the weekend I’ll play with your survey monkey.

• JediPacoElFlaco
    690 posts Member
    edited March 15
    @F8RGE

Why in the last survey page there aren't weapons or vehicles to select scale ?????
    ddw3rc11mp2j.jpg
  • dan_fk1
    6 posts Member
    edited March 15
    I think question 8 (on a scale of 1 to 10 how interested are you in the following?) could have been put in a better way.

We all want new maps, heroes, game modes etc. and most people will probably put 10 for each.

However, I think we should have been asked - List the following in order of MOST important to LEAST important.

I feel this would give better information on what people actually want the priorities to be.
  • Question 8 I wanted to select arcade as new modes.

Maps as well.
  • Lee1981
    1499 posts Member
    F8RGE wrote: »
    Time for another Community Survey, let us know what you think:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/SWBFIIMAR

As always, your thoughts and opinions really do help us to gauge what you like, dislike and how we can improve. Be honest and be constructive.

Thanks!
    You completely ignore what we say more like

• Cadoth
    684 posts Member
    Cadoth wrote: »
    I'll do this one, just keep in mind a lot of people didn't like that a poll was posted here just for you to say "A poll with 250 votes isn't that indicative of anything".

Lol I wrote something similar in the survey

These surveys usually get over 10k+ entries...

Wait, wait, wait are you talking about polls or actual surveys like this, because I was talking about polls since you said that polls on this forum are quite unimportant
  • Cadoth
    684 posts Member
    Whodunnit wrote: »

Wait, wait, wait are you talking about polls or actual surveys like this, because I was talking about polls since you said that polls on this forum are quite unimportant

The whole forum is quite unimportant to them.
    And just how can a community manager say something like “that 250 votes isn’t that indicative”? How can they straight tell their community “your opinion doesn’t matter that much”? Even if it’s true, a simple “Nice ideas, we will forward it to the team” will do. That’s all we need to feel our feedback at least is heard.

Agreed
  • Cadoth
    684 posts Member

I didn't say polls are unimportant, that due to the small number of entries on them, we can't take them at face value. Of course what the the community say is important, but we can't just go based on that.

Even with 10k+ entries on these surveys, we still cross check with our own telemetry, ideas etc

Ok thanks👍🏻, the thing was just a little bit confusing to me
  • Empire_TW wrote: »

10k isn't indicative compared to the 10+ million of copies of this game sold.

You should put in an application, you got the company line down. Just add something like "working as intended" to your signature line and they'll be making you offers left and right.
  • Why isn't the option for new blasters part of the survey where you rank what new content you want? I'm sure a lot of people want new blasters.

New weapons that will deal 2 damage per shot to anakin while he's OHKing an entire room ... yay
  • F8RGE wrote: »

I didn't say polls are unimportant, that due to the small number of entries on them, we can't take them at face value. Of course what the the community say is important, but we can't just go based on that.

Even with 10k+ entries on these surveys, we still cross check with our own telemetry, ideas etc

''Of course what the the community say is important, but we can't just go based on that" I agree that 250 votes isn't enough to change a game. But if thousands of players want improvements over new content wouldn't you want to look into that?
    Fear. Fear attracts the fearful. The strong. The weak. The innocent. The corrupt. Fear. Fear is my ally.

• Majike
    90 posts Member
    I was really torn over the rank the desire for new appearances. On the one hand, I would LOVE Old Luke, Old Han, Old Leia, Old Ben, that sort of stuff. On the other hand, I really couldn't care one little bit about clone trooper appearances (I mean, they're clones, for goodness' sake). It should have been split into 'clone appearances' and 'hero appearances'.
  • I gave a 10 to Heroes, Maps and Game modes. Enforcers and the others take a back seat. Quality of life is important as well but we desperately need new content and not just redone areas of current maps, but new maps. Even BF2015 maps. Examples... Tatooine on BF2015 was so much better than this games' Tatooine. Same with Endor, particularly Survivors of Endor WA map. You guys left out Sullust on multiplayer but have it in the campaign. Things like this make no sense to me. Huge #'s of maps could be added to this game. There's precedent already set with this because you added Bespin to HvV and partial Survivors of Endor to Ewok Hunt. Were also limited on blasters and placed weapons. The previous game also had manned Turrets available on nearly every big map, only Crait and Hoth on this game. It feels like so much content was held back. Where's surveys for stuff like that? The Star Wars universe has so much to offer but this game has such limited focus on the shoot em up part that it doesn't capture that Star Wars feel like BF2015 did, even though some things are better and more balanced.
  • brienj
    275 posts Member

My answer to what the team could do to improve, I just put "Listen". That pretty much sums it up.
  • Hopefully they'll actually take this survey seriously.
  • brienj wrote: »

My answer to what the team could do to improve, I just put "Listen". That pretty much sums it up.

Yep, they treat us like peasants
  • Peepzilla
    845 posts Member
    edited March 15

Considering the game probably has less than 100k monthly active players, I would say 10k is pretty indicative actually.

The answer to this riddle is why after selling 10+ million copies there are only (seemingly) 100k active players. Sure, the progression system scared some original "on the fence" buyers, but all SW fans and players from the original game still bought this game in droves to just flee from it almost immediately.

A brief summary of the popular opinions of why people left or have trouble playing regularly:

Releasing a game with less content than the original.

Lack of porting over maps, guns and heroes from 2015 even after it's apparent we are not getting new content at a reasonable rate.

Having your map playlists run in order instead of shuffling which becomes stale and boring.

Trying to exploit a P2W system out the gate and not replacing it with a cosmetic store with constantly updated new content like every other multiplayer is doing nowadays. Loss of profit for you and loss of content for us.

Broken heroes. Bad lightsaber combat. Block glitches.

XBox server / input lag to the point shooting is inaccurate.

HvV was changed from an intense, strategic elimination style from 2015 to a button-mashing, ring-around-the-rosy target system that has been complained about since LAUNCH DAY and there hasn't even been an attempt at trying a change in that mode. People want Hero Blast and Hero Showdown to have 1v1 / 4v4. It's a beyond common request.

This was just scratching the surface, but those are some key items that I feel hurt the game the most.
  • The answer to this riddle is why after selling 10+ million copies there are only (seemingly) 100k active players. Sure, the progression system scared some original "on the fence" buyers, but all SW fans and players from the original game still bought this game in droves to just flee from it almost immediately.

A brief summary of the popular opinions of why people left or have trouble playing regularly:

Releasing a game with less content than the original.

Lack of porting over maps, guns and heroes from 2015 even after it's apparent we are not getting new content at a reasonable rate.

Having your map playlists run in order instead of shuffling which becomes stale and boring.

Trying to exploit a P2W system out the gate and not replacing it with a cosmetic store with constantly updated new content like every other multiplayer is doing nowadays. Loss of profit for you and loss of content for us.

Broken heroes. Bad lightsaber combat. Block glitches. XBox server / input lag to the point shooting is inaccurate.

HvV was changed from an intense, strategic elimination style from 2015 to a button-mashing, ring-around-the-rosy target system that has been complained about since LAUNCH DAY and there hasn't even been an attempt at trying a change in that mode. People want Hero Blast and Hero Showdown to have 1v1 / 4v4. It's a beyond common request.

This was just scratching the surface, but those are some key items that I feel hurt the game the most.
  • ct24an31dhuy.png

DICE's upcoming hero appearances: Nightwear for every hero!
    Current Topics:
    Staff Strike Guide
    An Ideal Luke Buff

cggn8altuzp0.png
    PSN / Twitter: PlayersPurity

❝ ʜᴏᴘᴇ ɪꜱ ɴᴏᴛ ʟᴏꜱᴛ ᴛᴏᴅᴀʏ. ɪᴛ ɪꜱ ꜰᴏᴜɴᴅ. ❞
    - Leia Organa

#BunsForBattlefront

• ct24an31dhuy.png

That might not go over well with the female cast these days lol DICE would say it's a kids game.
  • More extraction maps and more weapons, better challenges. Stop asking questions and ignoring the answers because you dont like them.
  • dan_fk1 wrote: »
    I think question 8 (on a scale of 1 to 10 how interested are you in the following?) could have been put in a better way.

We all want new maps, heroes, game modes etc. and most people will probably put 10 for each.

However, I think we should have been asked - List the following in order of MOST important to LEAST important.

I feel this would give better information on what people actually want the priorities to be.

This is a great point and I thought the same thing. There was zero chance I'd be putting new maps, heroes and modes at anything less than 10. But if asked to prioritize them it would have definitely made me think about what order. Maybe tweak that question in future surveys... hopefully down the line when several of those suggestions may already be implemented. High hopes, I know.
  • brienj
    275 posts Member
    I prioritized them by putting 10 for what I wanted first, 9 for what I wanted second, etc. I am assuming that they were expecting results like that, because putting a 10 for them all doesn't tell them which one you prefer over the others. Also, I wish they would have narrowed down the skins, because I definitely don't care about skins for troopers, especially Clones, but I sure would like some Luke skins added.
  • ct24an31dhuy.png

That might not go over well with the female cast these days lol DICE would say it's a kids game.

I bet. :unamused:
    Current Topics:
    Staff Strike Guide
    An Ideal Luke Buff

cggn8altuzp0.png
    PSN / Twitter: PlayersPurity

❝ ʜᴏᴘᴇ ɪꜱ ɴᴏᴛ ʟᴏꜱᴛ ᴛᴏᴅᴀʏ. ɪᴛ ɪꜱ ꜰᴏᴜɴᴅ. ❞
    - Leia Organa

#BunsForBattlefront

• ZephanUnbound
    1029 posts Member
    edited March 16
    Peepzilla wrote: »

Considering the game probably has less than 100k monthly active players, I would say 10k is pretty indicative actually.

The answer to this riddle is why after selling 10+ million copies there are only (seemingly) 100k active players. Sure, the progression system scared some original "on the fence" buyers, but all SW fans and players from the original game still bought this game in droves to just flee from it almost immediately.

It's a variety of reasons, like you stated:

-The lootboxes drove away alot of people who never gave the game another chance even after they were removed
    -Lack of content for 1 of the 3 eras on release (prequel) drove away alot of people, and though some of them came back after the prequel skins and heroes started being added, it was too little too late for other prequel fans
    -More recently released alternative shooters for people to play, including DICE's own Battlefield V, as well as CoD Black Ops 4 and Apex Legends
    -Slow DLC support
    -Persistent bugs that DICE has never fixed

All things considered, 100k monthly active players would actually be pretty good since the game is a year and 4 months old now, if the number is indeed somewhere around 100k (could be higher, could be lower, we honestly don't know). I know I have no trouble finding matches in most playlists on PS4, and the game is still at #28 on the Xbox One most played games list, which is only 5 spots behind Battlefield V, which released a whole year later.
  • Hey people who makes the surveys: next time include “Bug Fixes” in the list of things we can rate about how excited we are.

I would definitely rather have 20 heroes whose abilities work than 24 heroes whose abilities don’t work.
  • I said something about offline large mode. Cause that's first.

Other 10's are for maps and more reinforcements.

Everything else got 1's.

As much as I want ANH skins and a purple lightsaber **** we need maps offline content and bug fixes. Really need to swat those bugs!
  • ID_8615
    248 posts Member
    "Quality of life" ??

Come on we're gamers!! We don't even know what that means!! -- Hondo Onaka
  • If Quality of Life means:
    • Private Matches
    • Server Browser
    • Bug fixes
    • Multiple Load-outs

Then it is the highest for me
  • Hey people who makes the surveys: next time include “Bug Fixes” in the list of things we can rate about how excited we are.

I would definitely rather have 20 heroes whose abilities work than 24 heroes whose abilities don’t work.

Bug fixes fall under quality of life typically.
  • I can’t believe there are people out there asking for more skins over new maps or bug fixes.
  • SWymsa
    813 posts Member
    We need UNLIMITED Clone Wars!
  • Gonna post what I posted in another thread:

"...I just bought this in the sale and all I can say is: "Wow". This game truly sucks. I got to about level 6 before the aforementioned issues became too glaring for me to enjoy the game anymore. Today, I played four games in a row in which the enemy team got near double our score every time. The top player on their team would have 22,000 points, wheras our top player would finish out with 11,000... There is no auto-balance, there is no swapping teams, there is no fun to be had. AVOID this game like the plague..."
  • ID_8615
    248 posts Member
    I saw Ani score 94 kills on Starkiller today. 2nd place had 26.

Pointless, GA has become.
  • 60% of large scale mode arcade was done back in Oct?!? And you people had the nerve to pull those devs off for something else?!?
    what are the devs thinking stuff like this people don't want? Are you guys not reporting this up to the devs? How many offline large scale post have been made that you just throw them into one post trying to hide it. That is why I would never ever give high ratings.

One 🌟 review.