criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Here's what BF2 should have been...

Rivershark56
2161 posts Member
edited March 23
Modes:

1. HvV (BF2015 version)
2. Extraction (Jabba's Palace, Deathstar with R2D2 being a playable "payload", Scariff, Bespin, Kashyyyk beach, Kamino, Geonosis, Jakku, Starkiller Base, Takodana, Endor, and Kessel at a minimum)
2. HvV (4v4 team death match)
3. Hero Duels (1v1 lightsaber only combat)
4. Heroes Unleashed
5. Galactic Assault sandbox
6. Era Accurate Galactic Assault
7. Conquest
8. Hero Starfighters (respawn as hero not regular fighter)
9. Starfighter Assault (Bespin atmosphere, Deathstar One trench run, Jakku atmosphere, Sullust atmosphere, Scariff space + planet atmosphere on same map and taking out the shield gate is objective, all in addition to the current maps)
10. Hunt (Ewok, Jawa, etc. At least 4 kinds for a solid map rotation)
11. BF2015 Cargo (all BF2015 cargo maps + ALL BF2 HvV maps) - no enforcers/heroes
12. Supremacy - trooper only, no Enforcers/heroes (BF2015 maps + Galactic Assault maps)
13. Turning Point - see Supremacy
14. Pod Racing

Features:

1. Map selector
2. Era selector for all modes
3. Rentable private servers ($10 for 12 hours. Ability to dictate what weapons, maps, mode rotation, number of players, private or public, hero or no hero, class system or free for all etc. There's your constant revenue making it one of the most profitable games ever designed.)
4. BF2 graphics
5. BF2 gunplay
6. Ability to create multiple star card loadouts and change at respawn screen.
7. Heroes roll like in BF2, Troopers roll like in BF2015 (my fantasy, my rules)
8. Heroes can crouch
9. Squad system auto-syncs audio if you choose to enable it. Easily disabled for loners and drunks like myself.
10. Battle points are accumulated faster for playing the objective but you killers out there will still receive tons of XP for kills/assists. Hero reward goes to objective players though. Buffing your random teammates will give you XP. Buffing a teammate holding a disruptor rifle will give you XP and BP. Get it?
11. Iconic location skins (Hoth, Endor, etc) heroes have default appropriate skins
12. A deployable R2D2 replaces Leia's flash grenade and artoo can fire through her shield.
13. All BF2015 &BF2 weapons

Auto-skins that absolutely need to be included for purchase for God's sake:

1. Darth Maul with cybernetic legs
2. Chewie with a talking C-3PO on his back
3. Battle damaged Vader
4. Senator Palpatine
5. Old Ben, Luke, Han
6. ANH Han, Leia, Luke

Playable Heroes:

1. All BF2015 Heroes
2. All current BF2 heroes
3. Director Krennic
4. Jyn Erso
5. Baze Malbus
6. Chirrut
7. Mace Windu
8. Padme
9. Ahsoka
10. Cad Bane
11. Kit Fisto
12. Plo Koon
13. Qui-Gon Jinn
14. Poe Dameron
15. Aurra Sing
16. Grand Inquisitor
17. Asajj Ventress
18. Grand Admiral Thrawn
19. Edit: Captain Rex

Heroes and Maps listed above are included at launch.

Edit: Campaign idea:

Use the theory behind the Rebels episode "A World Between Worlds" to set up your campaign story. If done correctly, that could set up the sandbox feel in certain modes to be "tolerable" considering time travel has been introduced. Make that your way to have epic battles across all eras with all the heroes.

Example campaign story off the top of my head: Rey, Finn and Poe meet Old Lando. They are desperate for reinforcements to fight the war against Kylo Ren and the First Order. Lando tells them an Urban Legend about an Old Jedi Temple that has a portal to the NetherWorlds. Part of the campaign can be a search for it. Once found, Kylo learns of what they're up to and follows them in. Boom. There you go. There's your rabbit hole for cross era hero game play. Off the top of my head...

New content is added: maps, skins, weapons, star cards as free DLC.

If you don't like something I included, rent a server and exclude it from playable options. It can be your ultimate sandbox or completely accurate and immersive. Completely up to you.

I think I'd play that game for the next 20 years. Rentable servers and some well executed skins will bring in constant revenue.

It would be the most played and beloved game in video game history.

Feel free to add in stuff I missed (maps, heroes, features, etc). I like more things!
Post edited by Rivershark56 on

Replies

• Shouldawouldacoulda but didn't.
    Don't click unless you want to know the truth....
  • 19. Captain Rex
  • I am literally nursing a semi at the thought of this ... Except your hero choices. Some of them aren't so great but other than that... Great post.
  • I just think EA shouldnt have been in charge
  • 19. Captain Rex

Yep. Totally forgot him. Thanks!
  • 19. Captain Rex

It has been corrected.
  • 19. Captain Rex

It has been corrected.

Nice. Rex/Bane is a perfect pairing. Dual wielding pistols and all...
  • Number 1 should have been Conquest. A legit full up Conquest mode just like in the original games, with vehicles on the maps.

Maps would be large enough for Conquest with cutouts for smaller modes.

This alone would have kept a lot of people around to play the game, even with pay 2 win loot boxes.
  • JackTHorn
    3520 posts Member
    Modes:
    1. HvV (BF2015 version)
    2. Extraction (Jabba's Palace, Deathstar with R2D2 being a playable "payload", Scariff, Bespin, Kashyyyk beach, Kamino, Geonosis, Jakku, Starkiller Base, Takodana, Endor, and Kessel at a minimum)
    4. Heroes Unleashed
    7. Conquest ...
    8. Hero Starfighters (respawn as hero, not regular fighter)
    9. Starfighter Assault (Bespin atmosphere, Deathstar One trench run, Jakku atmosphere, Sullust atmosphere, Scariff space + planet atmosphere on same map and taking out the shield gate is objective, all in addition to the current maps)
    11. BF2015 Cargo (all BF2015 cargo maps + ALL BF2 HvV maps) - no enforcers/heroes
    12. Supremacy - trooper only, no Enforcers/heroes (BF2015 maps + Galactic Assault maps)
    14. Pod Racing

Features:
    1. Map selector
    3. Rentable private servers ($10 for 12 hours. Ability to dictate what weapons, maps, mode rotation, number of players, private or public, hero or no hero, class system or free for all etc. There's your constant revenue making it one of the most profitable games ever designed.)
    4. BF2 graphics
    5. BF2 gunplay
    8. Heroes can crouch
    9. Squad system auto-syncs audio if you choose to enable it. Easily disabled for loners and drunks like myself.
    10. Battle points are accumulated faster for playing the objective but you killers out there will still receive tons of XP for kills/assists. Hero reward goes to objective players though. Buffing your random teammates will give you XP. Buffing a teammate holding a disruptor rifle will give you XP and BP. Get it?
    11. Iconic location skins (Hoth, Endor, etc) heroes have default appropriate skins
    12. A deployable R2D2 replaces Leia's flash grenade and artoo can fire through her shield.

3. Battle damaged Vader
    4. Senator Palpatine
    5. Old Ben, Luke, Han
    6. ANH Han, Leia, Luke

Playable Heroes:
    1. All BF2015 Heroes
    3. Director Krennic
    4. Jyn Erso
    5. Baze Malbus
    6. Chirrut
    7. Mace Windu
    8. Padme
    9. Ahsoka
    10. Cad Bane
    11. Kit Fisto
    12. Plo Koon
    13. Qui-Gon Jinn
    14. Poe Dameron
    15. Aurra Sing
    16. Grand Inquisitor
    17. Asajj Ventress
    18. Grand Admiral Thrawn

If you don't like something I included, rent a server and exclude it from playable options. It can be your ultimate sandbox or completely accurate and immersive. Completely up to you.

I think I'd play that game for the next 20 years. Rentable servers and some well executed skins will bring in constant revenue.

Feel free to add in stuff I missed (maps, heroes, features, etc). I like more things!
    Sounds amazing. I'd buy the Hel out of that. And buy copies for my friends.

loners and drunks like myself
    LOL, a man after my own heart
  • JackTHorn wrote: »
    Modes:
    1. HvV (BF2015 version)
    4. Heroes Unleashed
    7. Conquest ...
    8. Hero Starfighters (respawn as hero, not regular fighter)
    14. Pod Racing

Features:
    1. Map selector
    4. BF2 graphics
    5. BF2 gunplay
    8. Heroes can crouch

3. Battle damaged Vader
    4. Senator Palpatine
    5. Old Ben, Luke, Han
    6. ANH Han, Leia, Luke

Playable Heroes:
    1. All BF2015 Heroes
    3. Director Krennic
    4. Jyn Erso
    5. Baze Malbus
    6. Chirrut
    7. Mace Windu
    8. Padme
    9. Ahsoka
    10. Cad Bane
    11. Kit Fisto
    12. Plo Koon
    13. Qui-Gon Jinn
    14. Poe Dameron
    15. Aurra Sing
    16. Grand Inquisitor
    17. Asajj Ventress
    18. Grand Admiral Thrawn

Sounds amazing. I'd buy the Hel out of that. And buy copies for my friends.

loners and drunks like myself
    LOL, a man after my own heart

Thanks! I've been trying to collect all the ideas and highlights from both games to create an ultimate Star Wars experience.

When compared to the reality of Battlefront 2, it really makes BF2 look like it was just a lazily made sloppy piece of poopies. And they didn't even include BF2015 content that we all loved.
  • Number 1 should have been Conquest. A legit full up Conquest mode just like in the original games, with vehicles on the maps.

Maps would be large enough for Conquest with cutouts for smaller modes.

This alone would have kept a lot of people around to play the game, even with pay 2 win loot boxes.

💯
  • I still think server browser + server rental is the most underrated feature missing from both games. Setting up preferable playlists, private matches, eliminating OP elements, bringing underused elements forward etc. It opens up so many options and possibilities. It’s something I think SO MANY Star Wars game players would eat up and ask for more.

Instead even the way we join and play matches in both games have been dumbed down and made casual in contrast to Battlefield. This one is mind boggling to me. It would have killed the forced playlist drama from bf’15 single handed.
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • Piscettios wrote: »
    I still think server browser + server rental is the most underrated feature missing from both games. Setting up preferable playlists, private matches, eliminating OP elements, bringing underused elements forward etc. It opens up so many options and possibilities. It’s something I think SO MANY Star Wars game players would eat up and ask for more.

Instead even the way we join and play matches in both games have been dumbed down and made casual in contrast to Battlefield. This one is mind boggling to me. It would have killed the forced playlist drama from bf’15 single handed.

Agreed. If we could rent and customize a server, you can just exclude Heroes or just Anakin from Galactic Assault and boom, all good again.

• This is what battlefront 2 should have been
    I still think server browser + server rental is the most underrated feature missing from both games. Setting up preferable playlists, private matches, eliminating OP elements, bringing underused elements forward etc. It opens up so many options and possibilities. It’s something I think SO MANY Star Wars game players would eat up and ask for more.

Another 💯

Another 💯

Absolutely. I agree!

• This is what battlefront 2 should have been

Very cool gameplay and video. I like it a lot! Thanks for sharing!
  • Quite a swell list. Hopefully it is used in preparation for the third game. (If that happens)
  • mastery0ta wrote: »
    Quite a swell list. Hopefully it is used in preparation for the third game. (If that happens)

Thanks!
  • Pod racing dansgame
  • Would have been looking forward to Jyn. Also, i would've love to see an Old Luke, Old Leia, Hooded Maul, and Scarif at launch too.
  • Pod racing dansgame

Lol. Hide your beer bottles! Here come the fun police!
  • masontcarr wrote: »
    Would have been looking forward to Jyn. Also, i would've love to see an Old Luke, Old Leia, Hooded Maul, and Scarif at launch too.

Yeah. The biggest missed opportunity for me was having a damaged, talking C-3PO strapped to Chewie's back. That would just be so epic. Words can't express...
  • Another thing I would do differently is Darth Sidious.

I would have launched him as two separate villians. You have Chancellor Palpatine with a lightsaber and Emperor Palpatine with lightning attacks.

During era lock modes you would have:

Prequel: Anakin on LS and Chancellor Palpatine on DS

Original: Vader and Palpatine together on DS
  • Just posted this in another thread while drinking my coffee and watching the Terps turn the ball over for the billionth time:

I hope that someone hires someone who knows how to take feedback and apply it to a product.

Battlefront 3 should be epic. Their Marquee mode should be conquest, 40v40, no AI, surface to atmosphere flying, capital ship take downs and control point objectives. There should be a minimum of 6 maps (two for each era at launch)

Cargo, Turning Point, Extraction, Heroes Unleashed, HvV TDM, 1v1 saber only combat, Supremacy, Galactic Assault and Blast should all be side modes that have a minimum of 12 maps EACH.

Starfighter Assault should have the Deathstar One trench run in it, the battle from TFM above Theed, and the battle above Scariff, and an epic fast paced Kessel run in addition to the maps currently in the BF2 game. Bespin should also have an atmosphere map. I miss those atmosphere maps from BF2015. Atmosphere maps and space maps should both be in the mode.

Stats should be active. You should have map selectors and era selectors available.

Someone needs to take a close look at Rogue One and add pretty much all that content. Maps, heroes, skins (Vader, shoretrooper, etc). Get creative with the villians if you don't feel like there are enough. Make the Death trooper an Iden type powerful force to rival Jyn Erso and Baze so the heroes don't significantly outnumber the villians.

Where's Dengar?

There were cool maps from Solo that could be added. Not just Kessel. Mud troopers would be cool.

Have Clone Wars content figured out from the start. Cad Bane, Ahsoka, Mace Windu, Jango Fett, etc IN ADDITION to the current heroes and then build off that.

Luke skins should be more than two...

Old Han, Obi Wan, Luke and Leia skins should be available from launch.

Use the theory behind the Rebels episode "A World Between Worlds" to set up your campaign story. If done correctly, that could set up the sandbox feel in certain modes to be "tolerable" considering time travel has been introduced. Make that your way to have epic battles across all eras with all the heroes.

Example campaign story off the top of my head: Rey, Finn and Poe meet Old Lando. They are desperate for reinforcements to fight the war against Kylo Ren and the First Order. Lando tells them an Urban Legend about an Old Jedi Temple that has a portal to the NetherWorlds. Part of the campaign can be a search for it. Once found, Kylo learns of what they're up to and follows them in. Boom. There you go. There's your rabbit hole for cross era hero game play. Off the top of my head...

I could keep going and going on what's possible in this franchise...
  • Definitely rentable servers. The idea for a free for all its pretty neat. You could probably pick the same hero if someone picked them already.
  • TastyNoob wrote: »
    Definitely rentable servers. The idea for a free for all its pretty neat. You could probably pick the same hero if someone picked them already.

The possibilities are endless. So is the revenue. People will pay to rent servers just to play with a couple of friends and fill in the mode of choice with AI bots.

That way you can have all the skins available to everyone and see a lot of variability on the battlefield.

I also think the characters should automatically equip the skin that's appropriate for that era/map (i.e. Luke Hoth skin immediately equips on Hoth) but you have the option to choose a different skin and override the auto selection. Or maybe the skins just constantly update based on map/era and you only choose the appropriate skins in smaller modes (HvV).

In private servers, you can set all that up any way you want.