criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

I am so sick of anakin

Prev1
Defbored
974 posts Member
edited March 16
Yes another thread. Why? Because the devs need to hurry and balance this nonsense.

Prior to anakins to release, I could spend hours playing this game. Now, I play for about 40 minutes then I shut off my Xbox.

I do not understand the mind set the devs had when developing this character. All four of his abilities do damage. One of which cannot be blocked, and a second that is also a stun ability. Players have been complaining about stuns since day one and you make his FOURTH ability a stun and make it deal damage. Seriously... what?

If you're trying to force players away from the game, you're doing a good job. I've been exclusively playing this game since launch. Everything is max level, and I'm considering trading the game in because of how frustrating it is to play against anakin.

An update on when something is going to be done about this would be really nice. I'm on my way to game stop to buy metro. I'll spend my spring break playing that instead of raging over this game.
Post edited by Defbored on

Replies

  • Defbored wrote: »
    Yes another thread. Why? Because the devs need to hurry and balance this nonsense.

    Prior to anakins to release, I could spend hours playing this game. Now, I play for about 40 minutes then I shut off my Xbox.

    I do not understand the mind set the devs had when developing this character. All four of his abilities do damage. One of which cannot be blocked, and a second that is also a stun ability. Players have been complaining about stuns since day one and you make his FOURTH ability a stun and make it deal damage. Seriously... what?

    If you're trying to force players away from the game, you're doing a good job. I've been exclusively playing this game since launch. Everything is max level, and I'm considering trading the game in because of how frustrating it is to play against anakin.

    An update on when something is going to be done about this would be really nice. I'm on my way to game stop to buy metro. I'll spend my spring break playing that instead of raging over this game.

    Ya some people are into that kind of stuff never thought you were one of them.
  • Defbored wrote: »
    Yes another thread. Why? Because the devs need to hurry and balance this nonsense.

    Prior to anakins to release, I could spend hours playing this game. Now, I play for about 40 minutes then I shut off my Xbox.

    I do not understand the mind set the devs had when developing this character. All four of his abilities do damage. One of which cannot be blocked, and a second that is also a stun ability. Players have been complaining about stuns since day one and you make his FOURTH ability a stun and make it deal damage. Seriously... what?

    If you're trying to force players away from the game, you're doing a good job. I've been exclusively playing this game since launch. Everything is max level, and I'm considering trading the game in because of how frustrating it is to play against anakin.

    An update on when something is going to be done about this would be really nice. I'm on my way to game stop to buy metro. I'll spend my spring break playing that instead of raging over this game.

    Ya some people are into that kind of stuff never thought you were one of them.

    I have been raging over this since his release. They have turned me into one of them.
  • Defbored wrote: »
    Defbored wrote: »
    Yes another thread. Why? Because the devs need to hurry and balance this nonsense.

    Prior to anakins to release, I could spend hours playing this game. Now, I play for about 40 minutes then I shut off my Xbox.

    I do not understand the mind set the devs had when developing this character. All four of his abilities do damage. One of which cannot be blocked, and a second that is also a stun ability. Players have been complaining about stuns since day one and you make his FOURTH ability a stun and make it deal damage. Seriously... what?

    If you're trying to force players away from the game, you're doing a good job. I've been exclusively playing this game since launch. Everything is max level, and I'm considering trading the game in because of how frustrating it is to play against anakin.

    An update on when something is going to be done about this would be really nice. I'm on my way to game stop to buy metro. I'll spend my spring break playing that instead of raging over this game.

    Ya some people are into that kind of stuff never thought you were one of them.

    I have been raging over this since his release. They have turned me into one of them.

    Look I know that analin can be hard but it just takes some getting used to. Just have a few more sessions with him and you'll be enjoying it in no time. Promise.

    I play this game daily. I have plenty of practice against him. When he jumps out into the spawn, while everyone is unloading onto the objective, instantly charges up then melts a whole team including heros, while taking no damage... I'm done. You can't get far enough away from him. If you're bossk, and have take a little damage... if anakin lands right next to you and starts charging up, you cannot get far enough away in time to not die.

    The only thing to get "used to", is being completely helpless and dying.
  • I have stopped playing the game because of him

    It's so freaking annoying. I really enjoy this game. That's why I've been playing it for two years... but the addition of anakin has made me want to move onto another staple multiplayer game.
  • Lee1981
    1939 posts Member
    Defbored wrote: »
    I have stopped playing the game because of him

    It's so freaking annoying. I really enjoy this game. That's why I've been playing it for two years... but the addition of anakin has made me want to move onto another staple multiplayer game.
    You obviously know the devs as the game is not even 18 months old yet
  • Defbored
    974 posts Member
    edited March 16
    Lee1981 wrote: »
    Defbored wrote: »
    I have stopped playing the game because of him

    It's so freaking annoying. I really enjoy this game. That's why I've been playing it for two years... but the addition of anakin has made me want to move onto another staple multiplayer game.
    You obviously know the devs as the game is not even 18 months old yet

    What does this mean?

    Oh because I said "2 years"? 🙄
  • Lee1981
    1939 posts Member
    Defbored wrote: »
    Lee1981 wrote: »
    Defbored wrote: »
    I have stopped playing the game because of him

    It's so freaking annoying. I really enjoy this game. That's why I've been playing it for two years... but the addition of anakin has made me want to move onto another staple multiplayer game.
    You obviously know the devs as the game is not even 18 months old yet

    What does this mean?

    Oh because I said "2 years"? 🙄
    Just pointing out your exaggeration to make your post seem more acceptable
  • Defbored wrote: »
    I have stopped playing the game because of him

    It's so freaking annoying. I really enjoy this game. That's why I've been playing it for two years... but the addition of anakin has made me want to move onto another staple multiplayer game.

    I've been playing BF2015. It's a nice change of pace until the new mode drops or an Anakin hotfix.

    P.s. I'm on Xbox and have little to no trouble finding BF2015 games.
  • Lee1981 wrote: »
    Defbored wrote: »
    Lee1981 wrote: »
    Defbored wrote: »
    I have stopped playing the game because of him

    It's so freaking annoying. I really enjoy this game. That's why I've been playing it for two years... but the addition of anakin has made me want to move onto another staple multiplayer game.
    You obviously know the devs as the game is not even 18 months old yet

    What does this mean?

    Oh because I said "2 years"? 🙄
    Just pointing out your exaggeration to make your post seem more acceptable

    Thank you for pointing it out.

    Regardless, I have been playing the **** out of this game since launch, 484 days ago, and I now do not have fun playing the game because of the addition of anakin.
  • Lee1981
    1939 posts Member
    Defbored wrote: »
    Lee1981 wrote: »
    Defbored wrote: »
    Lee1981 wrote: »
    Defbored wrote: »
    I have stopped playing the game because of him

    It's so freaking annoying. I really enjoy this game. That's why I've been playing it for two years... but the addition of anakin has made me want to move onto another staple multiplayer game.
    You obviously know the devs as the game is not even 18 months old yet

    What does this mean?

    Oh because I said "2 years"? 🙄
    Just pointing out your exaggeration to make your post seem more acceptable

    Thank you for pointing it out.

    Regardless, I have been playing the **** out of this game since launch, 484 days ago, and I now do not have fun playing the game because of the addition of anakin.
    Now we got that out the way I tend to agree with your point on Anakin
  • I think capping Heroic Might's damage at 100 and reducing Retribution's radius would be enough. In HVV you could reduce his health by roughly 100 to make up for his huge saber damage - which I think should not be nerfed since Anakin is an offensive character.
  • DarthJ
    6330 posts Member
    I think capping Heroic Might's damage at 100 and reducing Retribution's radius would be enough. In HVV you could reduce his health by roughly 100 to make up for his huge saber damage - which I think should not be nerfed since Anakin is an offensive character.

    I can see he needs toned down for GA, but capping damage to 100 for heroic might is a terrible idea. It will barely tickle troopers. May as well remove it from the game.

    250-300 would be more fair
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • Starwarsfanboosk_com
    1268 posts Member
    edited March 16
    DarthJ wrote: »
    I think capping Heroic Might's damage at 100 and reducing Retribution's radius would be enough. In HVV you could reduce his health by roughly 100 to make up for his huge saber damage - which I think should not be nerfed since Anakin is an offensive character.

    I can see he needs toned down for GA, but capping damage to 100 for heroic might is a terrible idea. It will barely tickle troopers. May as well remove it from the game.

    250-300 would be more fair

    If luke is capped at 150, Anakin's repulse should be capped at 200 MAX

    and his choke should deal slightly less damage than vader's considering its 360 radius and 90% damage reduction
  • Yep it's back to BF15 folks until our crumbling city is rebuilt. Just spent an amazing Saturday morning on the extraction dlcs.....the dlc maps have a good population today on PS4. Lots of Walker Assault and Supremecy servers full.
  • You lost me at "xbox"
  • Thank god devs know not to listen to melodramatic vocal minorities. Rest are enjoying the game, with the recent addition of a perfectly fine hero and waiting for the new game mode.

    People talk about "minorities" here as if they have actual data that the minority they are referencing are actual the minority.

    I wouldn't say that a majority of the players think he is OP simply because of all the complaints here... because I have no numerical data to back such a statement.


  • Yeah you're right.
  • DarthJ wrote: »
    I think capping Heroic Might's damage at 100 and reducing Retribution's radius would be enough. In HVV you could reduce his health by roughly 100 to make up for his huge saber damage - which I think should not be nerfed since Anakin is an offensive character.

    I can see he needs toned down for GA, but capping damage to 100 for heroic might is a terrible idea. It will barely tickle troopers. May as well remove it from the game.

    250-300 would be more fair

    If luke is capped at 150, Anakin's repulse should be capped at 200 MAX

    and his choke should deal slightly less damage than vader's considering its 360 radius and 90% damage reduction

    IMO, one of those abilities needs to be nerfed the ground. I would prefer it be heroic might. It's radius is freaken huge. Like I said, as bossk or iden, if he lands next to you it is hard to escape it's radius. God help you if he jumps into a choke point.
  • I know this may seem like an impossible solution for an xbox player, but learn to roll lmao
  • Salacious_Me_1138
    1938 posts Member
    edited March 16
    Maybe they could retitle the game to Anakin vs. STAR WARS.

    Then I'd get what they were going for...
  • WhatAShame wrote: »
    I know this may seem like an impossible solution for an xbox player, but learn to roll lmao

    You're right. You can roll and evade the attack. But because there is so much variablity in when anakin can trigger heroic might, rolling is left to chance. Maybe you roll at the right time maybe you don't.

    Same thing with retribution. Retribution just happens. There is no "warning animation". What is expected of me? "Oh anakin is here, I better start rolling." That doesn't make sense.
  • WhatAShame wrote: »
    Get some game awareness, get good idk what to tell you. Anakin is no problem for skilled players. It's just fact

    "Skilled players." Don't be too subtitle with your insults 🙄. To insinuate that I'm not at least decent at the game considering I've played it exclusively since launch is ridiculous. Why would I continue to play a game Im not good at?

    We also have a different definitions of what constitutes a fact being a fact.

    I'll agree that being aware of heros is important. But when you're trying to push through one of the hall ways on naboo, then anakin comes from the opposing hall way and chokes the life out of you... what am I supposed to do as bossk or maul. The answer is run away. That is all you can do. However, his abilities have crazy range so even running away doesn't work all the time. Even if you block his choke, and get to wail on him while he is in his animation, his damage reduction and hok card kind of throw everything you just put into him into the trash.

  • “Get some game awareness, get good idk what to tell you. Anakin is no problem for skilled players. It's just fact“

    Alls I can say about this is that there really is no being skilled against Anakin. When I see him I immediately run the other direction at this point. I’ve tried every approach to this hero but each time I end up flying across the map from one of his abilities. Don’t get me wrong I love this hero but he is definitely the most feared to fight against in my opinion.
  • hundreds of replies about anakin and no killswiched yet... bring back palpatine we had last year ! it will be an epic combat 1 VS 1
  • “Get some game awareness, get good idk what to tell you. Anakin is no problem for skilled players. It's just fact“

    Alls I can say about this is that there really is no being skilled against Anakin. When I see him I immediately run the other direction at this point. I’ve tried every approach to this hero but each time I end up flying across the map from one of his abilities. Don’t get me wrong I love this hero but he is definitely the most feared to fight against in my opinion.

    the only heros id had some consistent success with is kylo and iden. Kylo because i can block heroic might then freeze him. however, the aftermath of heroic might leaves all "nearby" troopers dead. and iden for obvious reasons. but if you're alone, he's probably going to kill you.
  • Speedjack wrote: »
    hundreds of replies about anakin and no killswiched yet... bring back palpatine we had last year ! it will be an epic combat 1 VS 1

    i don't want a killswitch. i want him to not remove 400 of my health when i am no where near him and not engaging him.

    i don't want him to be able to remove 400+ of my health while choking me and while he receives almost no damage despite completely exposed.

    maybe i am being "dramatic" but i want to play the game without raging about **** on by anakin. i can remove a huge chunk of vaders health while he chokes someone but not anakin. not only that, but anakins choke has a much wider range of attack and deals more damage.
  • Piscettios wrote: »
    WhatAShame wrote: »
    Get some game awareness, get good idk what to tell you. Anakin is no problem for skilled players. It's just fact

    Do ever contribute anything of substance or worth here? I mean besides attempting to inflate your own ego.

    Lol 5,000 posts and instead of talking about Anakin you're talking about my ego. Typical forum spam right there.
  • WhatAShame wrote: »
    Piscettios wrote: »
    WhatAShame wrote: »
    Get some game awareness, get good idk what to tell you. Anakin is no problem for skilled players. It's just fact

    Do ever contribute anything of substance or worth here? I mean besides attempting to inflate your own ego.

    Lol 5,000 posts and instead of talking about Anakin you're talking about my ego. Typical forum spam right there.

    There are enough people whining on here about Anakin.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • WhatAShame wrote: »
    Piscettios wrote: »
    WhatAShame wrote: »
    Get some game awareness, get good idk what to tell you. Anakin is no problem for skilled players. It's just fact

    Do ever contribute anything of substance or worth here? I mean besides attempting to inflate your own ego.

    Lol 5,000 posts and instead of talking about Anakin you're talking about my ego. Typical forum spam right there.

    There are enough people whining on here about Anakin.

    4,000 posts and typical forum spam, If you actually read anything you would see I'm one of the only one on this thread saying Anakin isn't a problem. It's pretty much guaranteed that anyone on here with more than a few hundred posts is just mindless spam.
  • WhatAShame wrote: »
    WhatAShame wrote: »
    Piscettios wrote: »
    WhatAShame wrote: »
    Get some game awareness, get good idk what to tell you. Anakin is no problem for skilled players. It's just fact

    Do ever contribute anything of substance or worth here? I mean besides attempting to inflate your own ego.

    Lol 5,000 posts and instead of talking about Anakin you're talking about my ego. Typical forum spam right there.

    There are enough people whining on here about Anakin.

    4,000 posts and typical forum spam, If you actually read anything you would see I'm one of the only one on this thread saying Anakin isn't a problem. It's pretty much guaranteed that anyone on here with more than a few hundred posts is just mindless spam.

    wj5vr293sy6e.gif
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • Speedjack wrote: »
    hundreds of replies about anakin and no killswiched yet... bring back palpatine we had last year ! it will be an epic combat 1 VS 1

    This, Palpatine was much easier to kill and couldn't OHK an entire room instantly whlist receiving 90% damage reduction( basically damage immunity)

    Why is it that he was killswitched but not the broken one @F8RGE @Charlemagne ?
  • Come play Blast. No lightsabres there at all.
    Find me in Blast, Strike, or sometimes GA, usually playing Officer/Specialist/Aerial... u/n cosworth99. #oldguy
    Add me (xbox Oregon server) if you like
  • I'm not gonna say anakin is OP I'm not gonna moan about him because I'm not gonna lie when I get to play him wrecking is so much fun.

    What I will do is offer a perspective to those saying skilled players deal with him no problem.

    Okay so the other day on starkiller base I was anakin and I kept jumping to the top of the stairs to the base doing heroic might or retribution and then going off to recharge and repeat.

    How does skill overcome that. I was able to take out the entire team several times because some people instinctively shoot anything that comes into their spawn.

    So how do you get away from that when the 10 people shooting build the charge so quick that the 10 switched on players have no chance of getting away?

    How do you combat that? You dont you accept that the resistance will take the gate and then retreat into the base. At which point anakin runs straight into where most people are and hits heroic might. Most of the team dead again meaning all resistance are now firmly in the base and making headway toward the objectives with 100 tickets remaining.

    Now again I'm not complaining and I'm not saying he should be nerfed at all I love being God with very little skill involved as much as the next lazy man.

    All I am doing is asking these supposed elite players how they would end that anakin in that situation? Cause i cant think of way you can stop an anakin on starkiller base realistically.

    I'm good at GA to the point where I'm in the top 5 most games but by no means am I elite level ga... but with anakin on starkiller even I can take the absolute Mickey out of the entire team.

    If that doesnt say something about the general mechanics of this game I dont know what does.
  • bobc222 wrote: »
    Maybe they could retitle the game to Anakin vs. STAR WARS.

    Then I'd get what they were going for...

    Anakin IS Star Wars... Main character in the entire series excluding EU

    Wrong.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • One thing I have observed is that there are certain maps that are nigh on impossible to win as the dark side.

    Such as starkiller base and naboo. I mean if you make it through the hallways and open the doors to the throne room you just get stopped there.
  • brienj
    679 posts Member
    cosworth99 wrote: »
    Come play Blast. No lightsabres there at all.

    Blast is fun, until all the Enforcer spam comes out.
  • brienj
    679 posts Member
    I'm not gonna say anakin is OP I'm not gonna moan about him because I'm not gonna lie when I get to play him wrecking is so much fun.

    What I will do is offer a perspective to those saying skilled players deal with him no problem.

    Okay so the other day on starkiller base I was anakin and I kept jumping to the top of the stairs to the base doing heroic might or retribution and then going off to recharge and repeat.

    How does skill overcome that. I was able to take out the entire team several times because some people instinctively shoot anything that comes into their spawn.

    So how do you get away from that when the 10 people shooting build the charge so quick that the 10 switched on players have no chance of getting away?

    How do you combat that? You dont you accept that the resistance will take the gate and then retreat into the base. At which point anakin runs straight into where most people are and hits heroic might. Most of the team dead again meaning all resistance are now firmly in the base and making headway toward the objectives with 100 tickets remaining.

    Now again I'm not complaining and I'm not saying he should be nerfed at all I love being God with very little skill involved as much as the next lazy man.

    All I am doing is asking these supposed elite players how they would end that anakin in that situation? Cause i cant think of way you can stop an anakin on starkiller base realistically.

    I'm good at GA to the point where I'm in the top 5 most games but by no means am I elite level ga... but with anakin on starkiller even I can take the absolute Mickey out of the entire team.

    If that doesnt say something about the general mechanics of this game I dont know what does.

    Nobody will respond to this, because there is exactly nothing you can do about it, just as you said. They all ignore posts like this, and hope they get buried, because they have no rebuttal.
  • Thank god devs know not to listen to melodramatic vocal minorities. Rest are enjoying the game, with the recent addition of a perfectly fine hero and waiting for the new game mode.

    If the devs don’t listen to vocal minorities, why do we have 6 months of clone wars content?
  • Not attempting to be salty but ... get in line.
    Same blasters since launch.
    1 new map in over 9 months for only 3 modes that we all waited for, and Geonosis is a map you dislike/quit.
    Still only 2 maps for Extraction.
    No large mode for troopers.
    No GA events for troopers.
    SA is ignored and DICE can't launch SA events properly, again.
    No OT skins. Hello Luke. Shadow/Shock/DS Troopers anyone?
    No DZ, no Cargo but here is JPC. Well, not anymore.
    EH?... please dude.
    Bugs still persist for both troopers and heroes.
    Balance and matchmaking, um never mind.
    Besides, all heroes are play tested, once they have the proper look down. Style over substance these dicey days.
    This game was getting bad before Anakin, now it's, well you know.
    At least now you have several emote options to express your.... feelings.

    #StarWars-y
  • I feel you. I literally quit & uninstalled the game because of Crybaby Anakin & the only interaction I have with it is through this forum, hoping for a “Anakin just got fixed” Thread.

    I said it before and I’ll say it again: I’ve never experienced a game downfall so far through ONE single design choice. They literally made the game unplayable for me & while I’m talking only from my perspective with this comment - I know there are - and will be - a lot more people like me.

    I think with his current abilities he’s broken beyond fixing. He has do get a complete overhaul from scratch. His skills are just absurd - I really don’t know how he even got approved in the first place. How they came from great hero designs like Maul to such a low & lazy standard like anakin is just mindblowing.
    Make Maul great again.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!