criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Can You Remove HoK card?

I wish we could have this card removed. So, we could actually equip more cards. This card is unnecessary in my opinion because every hero has this card. Instead, we could get this card directly equipped when we reach level 10. Like, It could be like 3+1 card system.

Replies

• Super agree
    PSN: computerson
  • I wish we could have this card removed. So, we could actually equip more cards. This card is unnecessary in my opinion because every hero has this card. Instead, we could get this card directly equipped when we reach level 10. Like, It could be like 3+1 card system.

Totally agree!
  • JMaster
    2160 posts Member
    Yes. Especially since it seems the worst heroes are given the WORST cards. Chewie, Phasma, and while isn't bad Yoda he's still given one for his buggiest ability. It should be an inherent trait.
    "I felt there was a large amount of human chauvinism... also I felt very bad that at the end the Wookie didn't get a medal also... oh, all the people got medals but the Wookie who had been in there fighting all the time, didn't get any medal, and I thought that was an example of Anti-Wookie discrimination." - Carl Sagan on the subject of Star Wars
    He knew.
  • yes they should have all the HoK cards be passive traits that don't take card slots (including Palp's lightning absorption and Iden's friend in battle).

Chewy, Finn, and Phasma should have full health on kill. Chewy should only get 50 per hero kill though to keep him reasonable in HvV. Yoda should also either have full HoK; or if it is only tied to his push, his push should do 150 base damage
  • awakespace wrote: »
    yes they should have all the HoK cards be passive traits that don't take card slots (including Palp's lightning absorption and Iden's friend in battle).

Chewy, Finn, and Phasma should have full health on kill. Chewy should only get 50 per hero kill though to keep him reasonable in HvV. Yoda should also either have full HoK; or if it is only tied to his push, his push should do 150 base damage

In my opinion Yoda's push should deal 140 base damage. When fully charged, It should go up to 320.
  • Yes, health on kill should be a passive ability unlocked through character's levels. 10, 15, 20, 25 taking place of the white through purple cards and their amount on hero defeat.
  • Psy3d
    607 posts Member
    No way then there will be 50x threads on Ani being super Op from the usual npc's and their clone accounts. Not to mention palp kill streaks will go up even more....so yeah big NO from me.
  • Psy3d wrote: »
    No way then there will be 50x threads on Ani being super Op from the usual npc's and their clone accounts. Not to mention palp kill streaks will go up even more....so yeah big NO from me.

Card balances would easily fix the situation.
  • Cadoth
    1008 posts Member
    I wish we could have this card removed. So, we could actually equip more cards. This card is unnecessary in my opinion because every hero has this card. Instead, we could get this card directly equipped when we reach level 10. Like, It could be like 3+1 card system.

👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 Yes pls
  • I stand by hok being the ultimately crutch perk in this game.
  • Defbored wrote: »
    I stand by hok being the ultimately crutch perk in this game.

A whole 20 health for killing a trooper. Wow. Your trooper can stand there and blast away at a hero and potentially take all his health without a single cooling flush needed. Couple that with blocking not working half the time and the only thing a hero has is their two dashes or rolls and slightly faster run speed to get behind cover. And that's if it's a single trooper. More often than not it's 2+ trooperS and they're spamming explosive shot or sentry or grenades or acid or vanguard etc. What's the point in being a hero and wasting your 4500 or 6000 battle points if you can't make a difference? Hok helps make that difference. How people choose to play their hero is on them, I usually pto and help the game go longer so I get to enjoy it.
  • RyanK388
    1507 posts Member
    Isn’t the HoK card sorta mandatory if you want any longevity playing as a Hero unit

I don’t really understand the gripes about the HoK card isn’t it a nessary card to run
  • This is one topic where there is nearly universal support from the community. HoK needs to be automatic to allow more card variation.

Or even better, next time they should have a "perk tree" where each player can unlock certain abilities and mold their own version of each hero. It's ambitious, but could definitely be done.