criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Free the Default Blasters!

It’s nothing new for me to be making another weapons post, but this is year 2 and we still haven’t gotten a single new weapon for our troopers.

This would be the simplest approach possible to updating our arms list. Give us variants of each default blaster that does not currently have one. They can be tweaked around for different accuracy patterns, damage, ROF, and allow attachments etc, but it’s gotta be simpler than churning out brand new ones. Mostly because the assets are in place and they are weapons we really want to use! They don’t need weird gimmicks or secondary fires, just adjustments in different areas for every player to find a sweet spot of what blaster they really like the best.

New weapons would bring such new playability to the game. Probably as much so as a new game mode.

Here’s what I had in mind, with the baseline as the default blaster for each class to tweak accordingly:
  • E-11: Big, bad, but can’t hit a sandcrawler from past 100 yards
    i01vn68y5yfd.png
    -Lower default rate of fire moderately, increase base damage heavily, increase drop off to accuracy and range
    -Attachments could be: Stock extension, Increased Cooling capacity, Range extension
  • DC-15A: Decent all rounder, excels at mid range
    qyko7a3n0veh.png
    -Raise default rate of fire slightly, reduce damage by a hair, decrease accuracy bloom
    -Attachments could be: Stock extension, Increased Cooling, Increased Fire Rate
  • F-11D: Incredibly Stable when upgraded; precision tool
    z55brnn87njm.png
    -Lower fire rate, but not as much as the E-11, increase damage, but not as much as the E-11, increase range
    -Attachments could be: Foregrip, Stock, Higher Zoom scope
  • E-5: Droid commandos
    ollx59judpih.png
    -Just adjust it the same way the new BX droids have theirs
    -Attachments: Improved bolt speed, improved grip, explosive shot
  • DLT-19: A heavy weapon that can actually hit something without firing single shots
    6mv13c8dapfm.png
    -Keep default fire rate and damage, increase range and decrease bloom
    -Attachments: Vented barrel, Increased bolt speed, improved cooling
  • RT-97C: spray and pray, with capacity to spare
    -Raise fire rate to just under the heavy repeater, default damage, increase bloom, reduce range
    -Attachments: Improved grip, Increased cooling, Increased cooling (yes two at the same time)
  • M-45: Vietnam style walker take downs
    1yokez2ec1nm.png
    -Decrease fire rate slightly, increase damage some, increase kick pattern, increase range
    -Attachments: Vented barrel, dual zoom, Disruptor shot
  • E-5c: Suppressionist’s dream
    zt1nn6lf674h.png
    -Decrease fire rate heavily, increase damage and range moderately, increase cooling, decrease bloom
    -Attachments: Improved grip, improved cooling, improved range
I won’t pretend to know what adjustments to make for officer pistols so I’ll just list them
RG-4D, DC-17, DH-17, GLIE-44
  • Valken-38x: the AN-94 of battlefront(hopefully)
    z96iww1e41hs.png
    -Default damage, reduce accuracy bloom, reduce recoil, but not as low as A280-CFE
    -Attachments could be: Burst mode (2 shot burst), Vented barrel, Increased bolt speed
  • DLT-19x: BF2015 OHK machine returns
    -Increase damage dramatically, reduce cooling power to minimum, increase recoil dramatically
    -Attachments: Dual power scope, Increased range, Thermal scope (one scope or the other)
  • E-5s: Finally snipers can go full auto (2003 Clone Wars cartoon for reference)
    -Reduce damage to a hair below A280-CFE, reduce recoil, increase bloom, increase cooling power, swap to full auto
    -Attachments could be: Improved Stock, dual zoom, Increased Fire rate

The DLT-20A and A180 sniper rifle could also be eligible for variants. That’s 17 blasters from existing assets, and it would be worlds of QoL. If they were challenge based you can guarantee players will be playing more than ever to get their hands on them

Something hopefully to be passed along to the team @T0TALfps @F8RGE

This is something that can be done without full blown weapon designers, should they be absent for any reason ;)
jar-jar-binks-dancing-gif-3.gif

Replies

• Relmets
    1914 posts Member
    Officer pistols I'd like to see them fully automatic. Honestly wouldn't need much else. Just hate semi autos on controllers. I'm lazy.

Great list, need more weapons threads on the front page
    [+3748 posts]
  • Love it. Mods to default blasters.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • CornellAKABCM
    311 posts Member
    edited March 17
    Totally agree on new blasters. I saw an older thread the other day on the forum and a video on Youtube that had some great ideas.
    Post edited by CornellAKABCM on
  • Majike
    91 posts Member
    It would be a step up (and arguably just as easy) if we could have all the base blasters unlocked after reaching some sort of milestone; like, a Clone Trooper Assault being able to use the default assault weapon for any side (the default for FO, Rebels, etc.). It wouldn't make any less sense than the clone officers running around with FO blasters and would mean each trooper class has an extra five blasters to choose from.
    Even without attachments, that would be a really neat amount of variety.
  • *Bump*
    Hech4Lyf!
  • I miss the E-11 from the first game. That gun was a beast only bested by the DL-44 and EE-3. Speaking of...I wouldn't mind at all if DICE just imported all of the guns from BF2015 into this game. Even IF they were just copy and paste. That would be far better than just using the same 16 guns for 2+ years. BF2015 had 17 guns when Bespin launched and after Death Star and Rogue One, we had 23 guns (26 if you count the A180 variants). Oh and a continuity error is present with the A280 and A280C in this game that has been bugging the living daylights out of me. The A280 in this game, looks like the A280C in the last game while the A280C in this game looks like the A280 in terms of canon. Not to mention, the A280C had a faster fire rate in the last game and correct me if I'm wrong, but I do not remember any A280 model ever having 3-round burst modes. I'd be less annoyed with this if the A280 was the default gun and the A280C was the unlockable and had full auto with 3-round burst being a mod. This of course is completely personal and I don't mind if you disagree or don't care. I just wanted to get that off my chest because I am a huge Star Wars fan and know so much about the franchise especially when it comes to the weapons.
    gctn47nz145u.png

I keep changing this for whatever reason but ehh...It can stay like this I suppose.
  • I miss the T-21 :(
  • RyanK388
    1464 posts Member
    This would enhance ERA based gameplay sooo much and remove the copy-paste feeling of the default blasters
  • Have another clone skin an emote wheel and hero sleepwear as these are the items that the kids want to enhance their gaming experience for 15 minutes.
    #StarWars-y
  • WodiQuix
    4498 posts Member
    I miss the E-11 from the first game. That gun was a beast only bested by the DL-44 and EE-3. Speaking of...I wouldn't mind at all if DICE just imported all of the guns from BF2015 into this game. Even IF they were just copy and paste. That would be far better than just using the same 16 guns for 2+ years. BF2015 had 17 guns when Bespin launched and after Death Star and Rogue One, we had 23 guns (26 if you count the A180 variants). Oh and a continuity error is present with the A280 and A280C in this game that has been bugging the living daylights out of me. The A280 in this game, looks like the A280C in the last game while the A280C in this game looks like the A280 in terms of canon. Not to mention, the A280C had a faster fire rate in the last game and correct me if I'm wrong, but I do not remember any A280 model ever having 3-round burst modes. I'd be less annoyed with this if the A280 was the default gun and the A280C was the unlockable and had full auto with 3-round burst being a mod. This of course is completely personal and I don't mind if you disagree or don't care. I just wanted to get that off my chest because I am a huge Star Wars fan and know so much about the franchise especially when it comes to the weapons.

Agreed. And I'm so glad that someone else is annoyed by the A280 and A280C blaster naming error! It drives me nuts! The default rebel weapon is the A280, not the A280C. It has a chunkier frame, ribbed grip, and triangular stock. The A280 in this game is the A280C like we know and love from the previous game, except that it has a burst mode, which I don't really like. The A280C is slimmer and a modified version of the A280. It's favored by the Alliance commandos.
  • WodiQuix
    4498 posts Member
    I don't think either A280 model had a 3-roumd burst mode. It could easily be a mod, though.
  • WildSpace wrote: »
    It’s nothing new for me to be making another weapons post, but this is year 2 and we still haven’t gotten a single new weapon for our troopers.

This would be the simplest approach possible to updating our arms list. Give us variants of each default blaster that does not currently have one. They can be tweaked around for different accuracy patterns, damage, ROF, and allow attachments etc, but it’s gotta be simpler than churning out brand new ones. Mostly because the assets are in place and they are weapons we really want to use! They don’t need weird gimmicks or secondary fires, just adjustments in different areas for every player to find a sweet spot of what blaster they really like the best.

New weapons would bring such new playability to the game. Probably as much so as a new game mode.

Here’s what I had in mind, with the baseline as the default blaster for each class to tweak accordingly:
    • E-11: Big, bad, but can’t hit a sandcrawler from past 100 yards
      i01vn68y5yfd.png
      -Lower default rate of fire moderately, increase base damage heavily, increase drop off to accuracy and range
      -Attachments could be: Stock extension, Increased Cooling capacity, Range extension
    • DC-15A: Decent all rounder, excels at mid range
      qyko7a3n0veh.png
      -Raise default rate of fire slightly, reduce damage by a hair, decrease accuracy bloom
      -Attachments could be: Stock extension, Increased Cooling, Increased Fire Rate
    • F-11D: Incredibly Stable when upgraded; precision tool
      z55brnn87njm.png
      -Lower fire rate, but not as much as the E-11, increase damage, but not as much as the E-11, increase range
      -Attachments could be: Foregrip, Stock, Higher Zoom scope
    • E-5: Droid commandos
      ollx59judpih.png
      -Just adjust it the same way the new BX droids have theirs
      -Attachments: Improved bolt speed, improved grip, explosive shot
    • DLT-19: A heavy weapon that can actually hit something without firing single shots
      6mv13c8dapfm.png
      -Keep default fire rate and damage, increase range and decrease bloom
      -Attachments: Vented barrel, Increased bolt speed, improved cooling
    • RT-97C: spray and pray, with capacity to spare
      -Raise fire rate to just under the heavy repeater, default damage, increase bloom, reduce range
      -Attachments: Improved grip, Increased cooling, Increased cooling (yes two at the same time)
    • M-45: Vietnam style walker take downs
      1yokez2ec1nm.png
      -Decrease fire rate slightly, increase damage some, increase kick pattern, increase range
      -Attachments: Vented barrel, dual zoom, Disruptor shot
    • E-5c: Suppressionist’s dream
      zt1nn6lf674h.png
      -Decrease fire rate heavily, increase damage and range moderately, increase cooling, decrease bloom
      -Attachments: Improved grip, improved cooling, improved range
    I won’t pretend to know what adjustments to make for officer pistols so I’ll just list them
    RG-4D, DC-17, DH-17, GLIE-44
    • Valken-38x: the AN-94 of battlefront(hopefully)
      z96iww1e41hs.png
      -Default damage, reduce accuracy bloom, reduce recoil, but not as low as A280-CFE
      -Attachments could be: Burst mode (2 shot burst), Vented barrel, Increased bolt speed
    • DLT-19x: BF2015 OHK machine returns
      -Increase damage dramatically, reduce cooling power to minimum, increase recoil dramatically
      -Attachments: Dual power scope, Increased range, Thermal scope (one scope or the other)
    • E-5s: Finally snipers can go full auto (2003 Clone Wars cartoon for reference)
      -Reduce damage to a hair below A280-CFE, reduce recoil, increase bloom, increase cooling power, swap to full auto
      -Attachments could be: Improved Stock, dual zoom, Increased Fire rate

The DLT-20A and A180 sniper rifle could also be eligible for variants. That’s 17 blasters from existing assets, and it would be worlds of QoL. If they were challenge based you can guarantee players will be playing more than ever to get their hands on them

Something hopefully to be passed along to the team @T0TALfps @F8RGE

This is something that can be done without full blown weapon designers, should they be absent for any reason ;)

+1. Great job.
  • Thanks everyone for putting support into the thread!

I did forget a blaster pistol, the RK-3 from the Imperial Officer, so that would bring the total of default weapons that could be given variants to 18.
  • Any word on new weapons content @F8RGE @EA_Charlemagne ?
  • While we're at it can they just allow weapons to use all three of their attachments? I don't see how it would game breaking in any real capacity.
  • I think all the base weapons should be as-is and if anything have a slight buff to their damage or ROF. The heavies M45 for the ST is one of if not the best sounding weapon to fire when I have my surround sound turned up. Sounds like a real machine gun, too bad it's damage is kinda weak vs the others. Really want the RT-97C available too. Used to beast with that thing and focus fire starcard in BF2015.