criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar

The downfall of battlefront 2

2Next

Replies

• rollind24
    5952 posts Member
    Deckard112 wrote: »
    I just cannot come up with any explanation how Anakin passed the test.

For me, he destroyed the game.

Anakin is what all other heroes should aspire to be. This game massively de-powered heroes from what they were like in BF2015 resulting in them being easily melted. All heroes should be buffed to his level, he should not be nerfed to theirs.

Depowered them individually but I don’t remember 4 of them respawning one after another in the last one
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • greedo1980 wrote: »
    They could be making money from this game and yet they seem incapable of it.

The amount of potential skins is ridiculous.

Yet they are squandering it. Very strange.

They have luke's entire arsenal of iconic and memorable outfits throughout the entire original trilogy ... decides to add 2 damaged grievous skins :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:
  • Deckard112 wrote: »

Anakin is what all other heroes should aspire to be. This game massively de-powered heroes from what they were like in BF2015 resulting in them being easily melted. All heroes should be buffed to his level, he should not be nerfed to theirs.
    Really? Based on what evidence? In what movie or episode of Clone Wars did he exhibit (or hear even a hint of) abilities like Heroic Might? He could’ve easily defeated Kenobi in RotS with that level of power instead of the blowback from matching each other’s Force Push. How about buffing Leia too like in Last Jedi? Since she can fly she’s the perfect counter to Boba Fett hiding high up in some obscure nook firing down on people.
  • ArchAngeL_777
    1809 posts Member
    edited March 24
    You have to get up the hill first before you can fall down it, OP. LOL!!

DICE Battlefront hasn't been balanced since the launch of Battlefront 2015. Explosive Shot, Homing Shot, the DL-44 and more were absolute balance wreckers from the start, and the hits just kept coming with each Star Card they added.

Then there's the paltry launch content, NO CONQUEST MODE, tokens instead of vehicles on the maps, mostly small maps and small map DLC...Battlefront 2015 lost a large portion of players after a couple of months when they got tired of the same 4 large maps and really nothing else to do.

Battlefront 2 was wrecked from the start by Pay 2 Win loot boxes. We had constant balance issues the whole time, especially when they were trying to fix the progression system.

I have never taken these games seriously because it's been a steady diet of issues and lack of engaging content from the start. So I have no idea how to look at Anakin or anything else as "game breaking" when the whole thing has been way off for over 3 years now.
  • Deckard112 wrote: »

Anakin really isnt hard. A few players with a stinger pistol can counter any hero
  • You have to get up the hill first before you can fall down it, OP. LOL!!

DICE Battlefront hasn't been balanced since the launch of Battlefront 2015. Explosive Shot, Homing Shot, the DL-44 and more were absolute balance wreckers from the start, and the hits just kept coming with each Star Card they added.

Then there's the paltry launch content, NO CONQUEST MODE, tokens instead of vehicles on the maps, mostly small maps and small map DLC...Battlefront 2015 lost a large portion of players after a couple of months when they got tired of the same 4 large maps and really nothing else to do.

Battlefront 2 was wrecked from the start by Pay 2 Win loot boxes. We had constant balance issues the whole time, especially when they were trying to fix the progression system.

I have never taken these games seriously because it's been a steady diet of issues and lack of engaging content from the start. So I have no idea how to look at Anakin or anything else as "game breaking" when the whole thing has been way off for over 3 years now.

I agree with every single word you said, these games always had BIG issues, but Anakin just passed my limit of what was acceptable, the fact that these devs thought it was fine to put such crutch based atrocitity into a live enviroment is embarassing.

I guess you could say I was hopeful that DICE would one day learn, but the day anakin was added, I realized that the DICE I once knew is dead .
  • RyanK388
    1860 posts Member
    I think the downfall was EA claiming this as a ‘Live Service’ type deal and inserting a Lootbox slot machine, THAT I BELIEVE was their entire original plan as a “live service game” in that the LOOT CRATES would generate revenue over time as a sort of {Gamer Rent} and that was Electronic Arts enticement clause to fund and Develop further content to feed their investment as it were, to keep players playing and buying more crates for income over time

Because if they don’t make more content to keep players playing the game they’re not going to make money off of it from the loot crates that players will inevitably purchase.
    !!BECAUSE CAPITALISM!!
    EA offers games with (optional rent) nowadays in the form of loot crates/boxes

It’s not like you have to buy the crates to play the gametheir there in just in case, Just In Case :wink:

I agree with every single word you said, these games always had BIG issues, but Anakin just passed my limit of what was acceptable, the fact that these devs thought it was fine to put such crutch based atrocitity into a live enviroment is embarassing.

I guess you could say I was hopeful that DICE would one day learn, but the day anakin was added, I realized that the DICE I once knew is dead .

Yeah I'm not defending Anakin. It's not acceptable to put a hero out there in a PVP that is completely OP. Now if this was a legit Conquest based Battlefront game, with vehicles on the maps like AT-STs, tanks, speeders, etc., then I think the impact of an OP Anakin would be minimized. But in a game that purposefully funnels all the action into close quarters, it's yet another balance wrecking issue.

But again, to me its just another day in the life of DICE Battlefront lol. Just like Homing Shot that could actually lock on in close range, a DL-44 that one shots everyone, LMGs with Explosive Shot tuned all the way up, Bacta Bombs adding to a full health pool, instant overheats on all weapons, etc. It's not the level of polish you would expect from DICE.

Yeah I'm not defending Anakin. It's not acceptable to put a hero out there in a PVP that is completely OP. Now if this was a legit Conquest based Battlefront game, with vehicles on the maps like AT-STs, tanks, speeders, etc., then I think the impact of an OP Anakin would be minimized. But in a game that purposefully funnels all the action into close quarters, it's yet another balance wrecking issue.

But again, to me its just another day in the life of DICE Battlefront lol. Just like Homing Shot that could actually lock on in close range, a DL-44 that one shots everyone, LMGs with Explosive Shot tuned all the way up, Bacta Bombs adding to a full health pool, instant overheats on all weapons, etc. It's not the level of polish you would expect from DICE.

I had the hope that dennis wasn't actually lying in the Q&A he did in the beggining of the year, where he said we were going to get conquest.

Foolish of me for believing in anything that comes from the mouth of that man though :(
  • GenxDarchi wrote: »
    It’s the entirety of this game. It’s a train wreck from the start, from the “Pride and Accomplishment” to the months long clone wars season. It’s just a disappointment.

Spot on!
  • Well, as usual things have gone completely in the opposite direct. “Nerf” and “break” are not synonymous, but not only are Anakin’s abilities broken (Heroic Might has not worked properly all night for me or my friend and we’re in geographically different locations). However, switching the buttons on his abilities is so obviously done for the purpose of screwing the players, it isn’t funny. In the heat of the moment we all fall back in muscle memory which, in this case, is a death sentence. Fortunately, some of us can map our controllers.