criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Anakins the reason this games no longer fun

Prev1

Im tired of people with Anakin always getting 1st place on GA and HvV

Im tired of mediocre players using stupid combos to kill infantry and heroes, and then going off thinking their good at the game and that others need to adapt to his playing style

Im tired of going around as a hero and unexpectedly getting half of all of my health gone because Anakin around the corner used retribution, and then having people say. “Get gud”

Im tired of Anakin getting 80 player killstreaks on phase 1 on any map

Im tired of having a hero walking around the game with 4 stun abilities

Im tired of people going the whole GA match as Anakin

Im tired of having a hero in the game that has zero weaknesses

Im tired of having a Anakin use, Pull Dominance, Passionate Strike, Heroic Might, and a couple slashes till im dead.
His passionate strike should not knock people down, the ability is not just a block breaker but a stun too, so make it just a block breaker. Make it only take stamina away

I love anakin hes one of my favorite characters in star wars but hes not even fun to use. Hes just click one button and then click another and your the best player on the game

Just look at his stats EA, 1000 max health, 165 max saber damage, four stun abilities, 3 abilities that kill all four infantry

I can hardly ever play this game anymore.
You guys have the whole star wars universe in the palm of your hands please dont let one hero be the straw that broke the camels back

Please EA fix this please.

And if your reading this and your tired of these Anakin threads, move along, your not forced to read these threads or to even be on this forum.

Comment your thoughts

Thank You

Replies

• brienj wrote: »
    Every time I play on the dark side in GA, my strategy isn't how to win the game, my strategy always becomes, how can I effectively and quickly kill Anakin? That is my only objective once he shows up, and it's the only way you can win. It's sad that the game now revolves around ONE character so much. It should not be like this.

Ya when hes the target the whole team does not show mercy towards anakin one bit, we dont even try to defend we just want anakin dead
  • Deckard112 wrote: »
    I feel you. I literally quit & uninstalled the game because of Crybaby Anakin & the only interaction I have with it is through this forum, hoping for a “Anakin just got fixed” Thread.

I said it before and I’ll say it again: I’ve never experienced a game downfall so far through ONE single design choice. They literally made the game unplayable for me & while I’m talking only from my perspective with this comment - I know there are - and will be - a lot more people like me.

I think with his current abilities he’s broken beyond fixing. He has do get a complete overhaul from scratch. His skills are just absurd - I really don’t know how he even got approved in the first place. How they came from great hero designs like Maul to such a low & lazy standard like anakin is just mindblowing.

Ya i wish star wars rights wasnt just for EA. Maybe we would have better games
  • Anakin thread #500
  • Terranova4 wrote: »
    Anakin thread #500

And 501 coming to a forum near you
  • GenxDarchi wrote: »
    The only problem I have with Anakin is that no DS hero can compare, and tbh they all need buffs.
    Even moreso for the non-Force users like Bossk, Iden, and Phasma. Vader, Kylo, etc., can block Anakin’s abilities with good timing. The blaster users (and Maul) can’t, and have to be very lucky if they try to run beyond his range.
  • i agree
  • CC_1010
    107 posts Member
    Colin777 wrote: »
    Im tired of people with Anakin always getting 1st place on GA and HvV

Im tired of mediocre players using stupid combos to kill infantry and heroes, and then going off thinking their good at the game and that others need to adapt to his playing style

Im tired of going around as a hero and unexpectedly getting half of all of my health gone because Anakin around the corner used retribution, and then having people say. “Get gud”

Im tired of Anakin getting 80 player killstreaks on phase 1 on any map

Im tired of having a hero walking around the game with 4 stun abilities

Im tired of people going the whole GA match as Anakin

Im tired of having a hero in the game that has zero weaknesses

Im tired of having a Anakin use, Pull Dominance, Passionate Strike, Heroic Might, and a couple slashes till im dead.
    His passionate strike should not knock people down, the ability is not just a block breaker but a stun too, so make it just a block breaker. Make it only take stamina away

I love anakin hes one of my favorite characters in star wars but hes not even fun to use. Hes just click one button and then click another and your the best player on the game

Just look at his stats EA, 1000 max health, 165 max saber damage, four stun abilities, 3 abilities that kill all four infantry

I can hardly ever play this game anymore.
    You guys have the whole star wars universe in the palm of your hands please dont let one hero be the straw that broke the camels back

Please EA fix this please.

And if your reading this and your tired of these Anakin threads, move along, your not forced to read these threads or to even be on this forum.

Comment your thoughts

Thank You

And ma boiii Obi has just 750hp...
  • It seems that Anakin has become the new Hero meta.
    gctn47nz145u.png

I keep changing this for whatever reason but ehh...It can stay like this I suppose.
  • Colin777
    343 posts Member
    edited March 17
    i agree

Thank you for your feedback
  • DarthCapa2 wrote: »
    Play as a villain in Galactic Assault is become useless thanks to Anakin. He is always there ready to destroy every villain come near to him.

Ya its pathetic trying to get a kill as a villian on GA because then you get comboed to death by Anakin while get shot up by every other person in the game
  • DarthCapa2 wrote: »
    Play as a villain in Galactic Assault is become useless thanks to Anakin. He is always there ready to destroy every villain come near to him.

DICE's solution for "balancing" LS was to create god anakin rather than buff / nerve individually for the hero who needs it. What are we going to have after? a DS hero even stronger than anakin? to balance the game
  • ghawar18 wrote: »
    DarthCapa2 wrote: »

DICE's solution for "balancing" LS was to create god anakin rather than buff / nerve individually for the hero who needs it. What are we going to have after? a DS hero even stronger than anakin? to balance the game

Ya i dont know if its easier to just create a OP hero or just nerf others but i feel EA just went the easy way out, not the right way tho
  • Evo911
    162 posts Member
    No played HvV since a while....started on the DS...quit after 2mns..,thx Anakin.
    Idem for GA. If i'm killed by him through a wall or else I quit.

Even if he is available in my heroes during GA i'm not chosing him. Played him 3 times with no cards and with no experience...i'm wondering how people can have some interest...

I don't see interest to play 1 button smash like Anakin, palp or grievous.
  • ghawar18 wrote: »
    DarthCapa2 wrote: »

Yep, they took the easiest and laziest path to ‘balance’. They either figured players wouldn’t notice or wouldn’t care.
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • Evo911 wrote: »
    No played HvV since a while....started on the DS...quit after 2mns..,thx Anakin.
    Idem for GA. If i'm killed by him through a wall or else I quit.

Even if he is available in my heroes during GA i'm not chosing him. Played him 3 times with no cards and with no experience...i'm wondering how people can have some interest...

I don't see interest to play 1 button smash like Anakin, palp or grievous.

Ya its disappointing i love Anakin as a charcater
    But i cant have fun playing as him bc you have no challenge given to you when you play as him
    The only problem I have with Anakin is that no DS hero can compare, and tbh they all need buffs.

Could you imagine if every hero in the game could clear a room while virtually taking no damage LOL.

yes some heroes need a few buffs, but making them anakin level broken is NOT the solution.

Ya we cant make the whole game about heroes
  • I used to be surviving most of my games as a villain the whole time, now I’ll die half of the time by an Anakin who pulls/passionate strike combos me or by using retribution

The most pathetic combo in all of this games history
  • Colin777 wrote: »
    GenxDarchi wrote: »

Could you imagine if every hero in the game could clear a room while virtually taking no damage LOL.

yes some heroes need a few buffs, but making them anakin level broken is NOT the solution.

There needs to be a clear balance between all units, factions and eras

This is something DICE is failing miserably at

Clone skins: over 50

New heroes: 4

Meanwhile

Empire, Rebel, Separatist, First order skins: 0

Luke skins: 0

New trooper weapons: 0

New large modes: 1

New OT and ST content: 0

Meanwhile

Ya we need some skins for both infantry and heroes on OT

Meanwhile

In this moment DICE is heavily focused on the clone wars era
  • Btech3_14 wrote: »

Meanwhile

In this moment DICE is heavily focused on the clone wars era

Well once Anakins fixed i want some skins for OT
  • I just wish I could get the chance to play as him already. When is it ever going to be my turn to have fun with this game?
  • I just wish I could get the chance to play as him already. When is it ever going to be my turn to have fun with this game?

Depending on how you like your heroes you will prob be very disappointed or very happy @Shawnaniganz
  • Lower the range and damage on heroic might. And make retribution a frontal only force choke.
  • If I'm not Anakin or DS in HvV, I see to it I take that top spot from him. I've had it taken from me as Anakin and I've completely dominated him as Grievous. Anakin isn't the only one with a block breaking move. GA can be a nuisance, but is doable. Anakin has his weaknesses. Phasma is a hard counter against him with Heroic Might. Dooku allows extra damage done to Anakin, making it easier to bring him down. Grievous for the block break. Any saber user to drain his stamina.
  • If I'm not Anakin or DS in HvV, I see to it I take that top spot from him. I've had it taken from me as Anakin and I've completely dominated him as Grievous. Anakin isn't the only one with a block breaking move. GA can be a nuisance, but is doable. Anakin has his weaknesses. Phasma is a hard counter against him with Heroic Might. Dooku allows extra damage done to Anakin, making it easier to bring him down. Grievous for the block break. Any saber user to drain his stamina.

Wait who else breaks blocks @HotaruTakanori
  • He should cost 12,000 Battle Points to play during galactic assault.

One extra villain should also be available to counter him.
  • He should cost 12,000 Battle Points to play during galactic assault.

One extra villain should also be available to counter him.

I mean ya that would prob work

But id rather just have him be fixed
    If I'm not Anakin or DS in HvV, I see to it I take that top spot from him. I've had it taken from me as Anakin and I've completely dominated him as Grievous. Anakin isn't the only one with a block breaking move. GA can be a nuisance, but is doable. Anakin has his weaknesses. Phasma is a hard counter against him with Heroic Might. Dooku allows extra damage done to Anakin, making it easier to bring him down. Grievous for the block break. Any saber user to drain his stamina.

Grievous can break blocks with his Claw Rush ability. Just run right into them and you knock them down. You can also time it to cancel the ability after you knocked them down to do bonus damage when you stand back up. I usually use Thrust Surge if they're running (which knocks them down) and Claw Rush to keep them down. Opens them up for damage.

So your saber users than can break blocks are Grievous and Anakin. You also have stun heroes such as Chewie, Lando and Iden who can stun them out of a block as well. Phasma can stop Anakin's Heroic Might ability with her droid.

There are ways around Anakin and ways to defeat him. I'm curious if the new saber changes will do something about the infinite block. I don't understand how it works. I'll hold block and I'll still die. I attack them and they hold block, nothing happens.
  • Colin777
    343 posts Member
    edited March 18
    If I'm not Anakin or DS in HvV, I see to it I take that top spot from him. I've had it taken from me as Anakin and I've completely dominated him as Grievous. Anakin isn't the only one with a block breaking move. GA can be a nuisance, but is doable. Anakin has his weaknesses. Phasma is a hard counter against him with Heroic Might. Dooku allows extra damage done to Anakin, making it easier to bring him down. Grievous for the block break. Any saber user to drain his stamina.

Grievous can break blocks with his Claw Rush ability. Just run right into them and you knock them down. You can also time it to cancel the ability after you knocked them down to do bonus damage when you stand back up. I usually use Thrust Surge if they're running (which knocks them down) and Claw Rush to keep them down. Opens them up for damage.

So your saber users than can break blocks are Grievous and Anakin. You also have stun heroes such as Chewie, Lando and Iden who can stun them out of a block as well. Phasma can stop Anakin's Heroic Might ability with her droid.

There are ways around Anakin and ways to defeat him. I'm curious if the new saber changes will do something about the infinite block. I don't understand how it works. I'll hold block and I'll still die. I attack them and they hold block, nothing happens.

Ive never had my block broken by claw rush b4, and ive also nvr broke a block using grievous

Idk i just mightve nvr experienced it

@HotaruTakanori

Every time ive dueled grivous ive never had my block broken from his claw rush

Idk maybe my games messed up or its yours but, ive nvr experienced that as a hero or as grievous

@HotaruTakanori
  • Batman20
    1376 posts Member
    I don't play the game atm GA has been ruined by anakin and HvV has also been ruined by anakin as he just dominates both modes

Yeah that's ****. Git good with kylo or Iden. Great Anakin counters
  • GA was my favourite game mode but its ruined for me tbh. Death is inevitable every time you encounter a half decent anakin player ive lost many villans on a good run just due to retribution or heroic might. They are such lazy abilities no skill required whatsoever. I feel bad crushing the ememy team as him cause all you gotta do is hop around the map using his 360° abilities clearing everyone out and finnishing off the surviving heroes (if any) with a pull/passionate strike combo. I cant even beleive people are defending him too!
    Anakin is one of my favourite SW characters of all time but hes so disapointingly OP mostly due to how much ground his abilities cover its a joke.
    Really hope the Devs fix this soon.
  • 96vmbmqswafe.jpeg
    IcedFreon wrote: »

Make Maul great again.

• I cant even beleive people are defending him too!

Exactly... i just cannot explain how true that is.
    Make Maul great again.
  • No. Broken features, bugs and glitches are the reason that the game isn't fun.
  • MerovechI wrote: »
    No. Broken features, bugs and glitches are the reason that the game isn't fun.

Straw that broke that camels back, for me it was Anakin @MerovechI
  • IcedFreon wrote: »

Your only countering a bad Anakin with Iden, it’s too easy to dodge the droid and obliterate her, and Kylo only works if you actually let him pull you lmao. You must’ve never seen a good Anakin.
    You guys are gonna make me rich......
    Xbox G-tag
    XJO461
    That Specialist rework was disappointing.
    nceaq2h23fqj.png

• Anakin has the fastest attack speed in the whole game with 1.9 swings per second + 140 dmg per swing.

Darth Maul... DARTH MAUL... has only 1.6 swings per second + 100 dmg per swing.

HOW DOES @F8RGE JUSTIFY THIS I REALLY WANNA KNOW?!
    Make Maul great again.
  • Deckard112 wrote: »
    Anakin has the fastest attack speed in the whole game with 1.9 swings per second + 140 dmg per swing.

Darth Maul... DARTH MAUL... has only 1.6 swings per second + 100 dmg per swing.

HOW DOES @F8RGE JUSTIFY THIS I REALLY WANNA KNOW?!

Not to forget anakin has 1000hp with cards. Just wtf man.
    Make Maul great again.