criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Balancing Darth Maul

dominokerem
319 posts Member
edited March 17
Giving him 3 regular dashes and making his swings deal 130 damage, 170 from behind, will make him absolute monster and keep his unique agressive style. It will even feel better. He doesn't need block. He will be just like the other lightsaber heroes If you do that. I love playing him because of his agressive style.

cwx3uala22dk.jpeg

Post edited by dominokerem on

Replies

• I can't count how many times I said "and" instead of "," lmao.
  • To op. He's good against infantry and every other hero, except Anakin, who recks him and 24/7 blockers, but then it's a draw. Combat update is just around the corner which will fix the blockers and Anakin might get at least slightly nerfed

8dh69o72w6hm.jpg

• To op. He's good against infantry and every other hero, except Anakin, who recks him and 24/7 blockers, but then it's a draw. Combat update is just around the corner which will fix the blockers and Anakin might get at least slightly nerfed

Every other hero is like this. I mean the new ones. Imagine Count Dooku and General Grievous. No difference at all.
  • Cadoth
    1008 posts Member
    To op. He's good against infantry and every other hero, except Anakin, who recks him and 24/7 blockers, but then it's a draw. Combat update is just around the corner which will fix the blockers and Anakin might get at least slightly nerfed

Every other hero is like this. I mean the new ones. Imagine Count Dooku and General Grievous. No difference at all.

The difference is that Maul is way faster than Dooku or Grievous and I agree with the fact that he needs some balancing tweaks but not as huge as you posted
  • Cadoth wrote: »
    To op. He's good against infantry and every other hero, except Anakin, who recks him and 24/7 blockers, but then it's a draw. Combat update is just around the corner which will fix the blockers and Anakin might get at least slightly nerfed

The difference is that Maul is way faster than Dooku or Grievous and I agree with the fact that he needs some balancing tweaks but not as huge as you posted

What's your idea about Maul?
  • Cadoth
    1008 posts Member
    Cadoth wrote: »

What's your idea about Maul?

I think he needs just a slight damage buff like +15 but for the rest he’s pretty fine except of course if we put him in front of Anakin
  • Maul’s the most fun and most balanced hero in the game IMO, although it would be cool to see these buffs, it wouldn’t make sense
  • Raylol
    987 posts Member
    Terranova4 wrote: »
    Give him a block, a weak one even to stop him from being pinballed

Change his throw to horizontal

Buff Choke Hold damage to 120

Bam

Nah, I love his trhow, you just suck at it.
  • Raylol wrote: »

Bam

Making a lot of assumptions here bud, I can land it most of the time, it's just really hard to because of the mircoscopic hitbox
  • awakespace
    1033 posts Member
    edited March 17
    He needs a way to break through block (I think his dashes should at least partially damage through block), and I think he should cause a bit more damage with his strikes and choke throw - these changes really won't change anything in GA with troopers, but will make him more viable against heroes

One idea I just had regarding Maul is giving him the ability to "stabilize" himself by pressing block if hit by a push or pull. So if he gets hit by a push/pull, you hit block and then Maul just catches himself in mid air and lands wherever the block was pressed - much like Yoda can do with his presence. So Maul still takes the damage, but has a kind of force righting reflex - like a cat - which is in accord with his great speed and agility
  • Raylol
    987 posts Member
    Raylol wrote: »

Bam

Making a lot of assumptions here bud, I can land it most of the time, it's just really hard to because of the mircoscopic hitbox

It's more fun that horizontal one.
  • Just give him a Block please.
  • awakespace wrote: »
    He needs a way to break through block (I think his dashes should at least partially damage through block), and I think he should cause a bit more damage with his strikes and choke throw - these changes really won't change anything in GA with troopers, but will make him more viable against heroes

One idea I just had regarding Maul is giving him the ability to "stabilize" himself by pressing block if hit by a push or pull. So if he gets hit by a push/pull, you hit block and then Maul just catches himself in mid air and lands wherever the block was pressed - much like Yoda can do with his presence. So Maul still takes the damage, but has a kind of force righting reflex - like a cat - which is in accord with his great speed and agility

GREAT IDEA!
    @F8RGE
    Make Maul great again.
  • Just fix the god damn throw and he'll be fine
  • WhatAShame
    199 posts Member
    edited March 23
    lmao, no, scratch all that out. He needs a block. Having one automatically means he plays like all the rest? What nonsense is that? He has different abilities, stats, and star cards that separate him from the other saber Heroes. Lets stop with this broken argument. No little backflip, or an extra dodge, or some other wishful thinking is going to make maul remotely balanced.

Needs 130 saber damage.

+50 HP and +50 regen.

Block.

Horizontal lightsaber throw, the vertical crap has been bad since launch, stop defending a clunky and a harder to use ability by calling it skill. It's simply an excuse to defend a trashy mechanic. It's like saying doing well with chewbacca in GA takes skill and doesn't need a legitimate buff. It's a stupid concept.

Lol giving Maul a standard block is a terrible idea and sounds boring as hell. Also you should stop rezzing week old threads to get your post count up.

https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/comment/1343114#Comment_1343114
  • angrycal04 wrote: »
    Just fix the god damn throw and he'll be fine

Speaking from a Maul Main perspective, no, no that won’t balance him.
    Make Maul great again.
  • Starwarsfan2003
    324 posts Member
    edited March 24
    Darth maul is great the way he is i would wait for the new lightsaber combat he has infinite stamina. Also maul has become bad because of anakin so I’d say nerf him
  • AbyssWatch3r
    4968 posts Member
    edited March 24
    WhatAShame wrote: »
    lmao, no, scratch all that out. He needs a block. Having one automatically means he plays like all the rest? What nonsense is that? He has different abilities, stats, and star cards that separate him from the other saber Heroes. Lets stop with this broken argument. No little backflip, or an extra dodge, or some other wishful thinking is going to make maul remotely balanced.

Needs 130 saber damage.

+50 HP and +50 regen.

Block.

Horizontal lightsaber throw, the vertical crap has been bad since launch, stop defending a clunky and a harder to use ability by calling it skill. It's simply an excuse to defend a trashy mechanic. It's like saying doing well with chewbacca in GA takes skill and doesn't need a legitimate buff. It's a stupid concept.

Lol giving Maul a standard block is a terrible idea and sounds boring as hell. Also you should stop rezzing week old threads to get your post count up.

https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/comment/1343114#Comment_1343114

Don't make me laugh, your idea of blocking while he's attacking is even more broken and a failed concept from the get go, it already exists in the game as a glitch and is near game breaking when it happens. Thanks for the input though, at least you tried.

I'll post as I please, your concern is neither warranted nor wanted. Thanks.
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • Deckard112 wrote: »
    angrycal04 wrote: »

Mauls the first Hero I leveled to 40, and he has never been top tier in this game. I play him solely because I think his persona and aesthetics are interesting. his niche of speed/mobility isn't remotely strong enough to really be competitive with some of the other Darkside saber users in GA, honestly in 100% of all cases he's by far the worse pick on any map ever since kylo got buffed. Not to say kylo's even remotely balanced or anything, he just recently got some of his shackles off.
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • Deckard112 wrote: »
    angrycal04 wrote: »

Mauls the first Hero I leveled to 40, and he has never been top tier in this game. I play him solely because I think his persona and aesthetics are interesting. his niche of speed/mobility isn't remotely strong enough to really be competitive with some of the other Darkside saber users in GA, honestly in 100% of all cases he's by far the worse pick on any map ever since kylo got buffed. Not to say kylo's even remotely balanced or anything, he just recently got some of his shackles off.

Kylo is the only Villain I really play, because he is the only one who has any real chance of beating Anakin at the moment, using his unbalanced Freeze ability. Anakin is too strong with his kit at the moment, especially against heroes. It's not just an Anakin problem, but he just does things other heroes can do but far better. Should he be nerfed a bit more? Yeah, definitely. However, they dont nerf to destroy him, and keep him as a powerful hero. Because let's be honest, the other heroes kinda suck by comparison. Hell, heroes kinda are weak to begin with without comparison to Anakin, but to mere troopers. Anakin needs to be reigned in a bit more, but other heroes also need buffs.

And on that topic, Maul needs an inaccurate weak block, but allows him to traverse quickly or nearly unhindered. No reason it shouldn't be added. His saber throw should just be horizontal at this point, or possibly on a diagonal so the devs have an easier time giving it a wider hitbox than changing his whole animation. And Choke could use some damage reduction and damage increase, like 40% damage reduction and deal 100 damage to infantry. And base saber damage should definitely be like 125dmg/130dmg per swing. His DPS is outclassed.

With these changes, Maul would be actually competitive. Might need more health and such, but that's not as major.
    We need a Tier System for the Heroes. It would justify the "op-ness" of Vader over Han and Chewbacca. It would cost much more to unlock Vader, and would require you to save a lot more than for other heroes and vehicles, but it would be rewarding in the end...

"It would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames
  • greedo1980
    705 posts Member
    edited March 24
    Wasn't for a block before the 4 new heroes landed but yeh he needs one now.

Damage buff and block.

If he can't block then at least make his dash and saber throw abilities go through blocks .