criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Of all the talk of Anakin ruining GA...

...I'm kinda surprised I haven't seen him on the field during my playing of GA at all.

Maybe once or twice once in a while but he never really broke the game to a lopsided mess. Granted maybe I'm just busy this week to really play to see this phenomenon of frustration or I'm in a session with people who opt to play someone else.

When I do run into him....It's like encounter of death meets a redshirt Tuesday. But that's like once. Never see him again. Heck, there's one time I see regular Anakin then robed Anakin a few minutes later....I think the sessions with Anakin I'm in always has someone who isn't using him correctly.

...Just kinda feeling left out of the cringe fest really.

Replies

• That’s surprising man, I think the main problem is when you’re a villain against Anakin as really you either avoid him, get an Anakin bad enough to kill, or die by Anakin
  • That’s surprising man, I think the main problem is when you’re a villain against Anakin as really you either avoid him, get an Anakin bad enough to kill, or die by Anakin

Your other options being what, exactly?
  • ...I'm kinda surprised I haven't seen him on the field during my playing of GA at all.

Maybe once or twice once in a while but he never really broke the game to a lopsided mess. Granted maybe I'm just busy this week to really play to see this phenomenon of frustration or I'm in a session with people who opt to play someone else.

When I do run into him....It's like encounter of death meets a redshirt Tuesday. But that's like once. Never see him again. Heck, there's one time I see regular Anakin then robed Anakin a few minutes later....I think the sessions with Anakin I'm in always has someone who isn't using him correctly.

Good grief.

It sounds like you clearly have no idea how many times you’ve encountered Anakin in play—if at all.

Are you sure you’re not a dev?
  • Omniscient wrote: »
    ...I'm kinda surprised I haven't seen him on the field during my playing of GA at all.

Good grief.

It sounds like you clearly have no idea how many times you’ve encountered Anakin in play—if at all.

Are you sure you’re not a dev?

Not really, just a really vanilla player who seem to make it through matches where Anakin isn't on top 5 screens...I'm kinda scared really.
  • I played Geonosis once and it's awful(just once really, i swear it)
    Just because you haven't experienced that very often it doesn't mean it's not a problem.
    The time has come at last, to throw away this mask...
  • Tatsumaki wrote: »
    I played Geonosis once and it's awful(just once really, i swear it)
    Just because you haven't experienced that very often it doesn't mean it's not a problem.

Oh, it's obviously a problem given the numerous threads.

...I'm just one of those really weird fellows not to run across it.
  • Slight update: Played HvV as Dark Side. Surprisingly the most fun I ever have as Kylo Ren. Anakin as others noted is pretty much okay as he is no longer a one shot killing machine. Been in the epicenter of his heroic might but it doesn't kill me. People are starting to wise up on his tricks now that the nerd is in. Retribution is still a delightful beach but not as problematic.

...Still for the life of me can't find an Anakin player on GA that carried my team or made my day frustrating. I think I'm running into those who really can't tell that Anakin can be killed despite being The. Chosen. One. Cause you know, a full clip of well placed blaster bolts can end anyone. As Republic, we won at phase 2, as I use my trash yet effective Trip Mine the halls trick while everyone just pour more firepower than the dudes in Predator after Jesse Ventura bit the dust. Anakin nowhere seen in top 5. As CIS...Yeah, we steamroll phase 1, struggle at phase 2, and put an epic fight at phase 3. The Anakins I've seen...Freaking cowards who run into, try heroic might badly, then flee in the shadows so they rinse and repeat....Dude, just kill us. :confounded:

In fact, my biggest thorn was freaking Lando, that sharp shot using son of a gun. At the end, top 5...No Anakin. But a freaking Officer is number 1.

.....I must either be lucky or cursed.