criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Battlefront 2 isn't dying! Conclusion about the forum!

Prev1
MatiPoland93
323 posts Member
edited March 17
I get it! Battlefront 2 is for you the worst thing ever! I read some stuff here in the last days and I finally get where you all (90%) coming from.

- Battlefront 2015 is a perfect game for you!
- Battlefront 2 is pure trash!
- You love Battlefront 1 mostly because of small game modes! Cargo and Dropzone are important for your Star Wars experience.
- Most people here would choose Dengar over Dooku and Grevious!
- Most don't like Heroes, because Cargo and Dropzone are the thing!
- Hate all the PT and ST content! Only the OT is real Star Wars!
- Hate the squad system, because you rather are alone with every possible item. Instead of some **** spawning on you.
- Pick up system is superior to Battle points. Beautiful blue pick-ups and flying Troopers! Fun game!
- Let's get accidently Thermal imploder and destroy 10 people!
- Everything they add to the new game is pointless!
- Battlefront 2015 did everything better, even the flying combat.
- Season pass is superior to free for all, even if you can't find any matches on Scarif in the 2015 game.
- Battlefront 2015 looked and felt like Star Wars and the new game looks for you like Turkish Star Wars :D.
- Battlefront 2 is dead!

Replies

• JediJam wrote: »
    Yeah I agree completely! It does seem so many people on here hate on this game too much. It has some bugs but it is actually a really good game. And compared to 2015 it has so much more content and its free (which is a rare thing for EA who normally try to squeeze as much money out of us... I mean 6 maps and 6 hero's in the 2015 base game?? And then £15 or so to add one more planet and the odd obscure bounty hunter). And they're actually adding characters that matter. No matter how much someone hates the prequels you can't argue that nien nunb and greedo deserves to be in the game more than obi wan and Anakin. And this game does have small game modes in strike and extraction and ewok hunt but no one really plays them much.

That said I would like it if they put strike, extraction and maybe even ewok hunt into one playlist I mean they're all small game modes with an objective so surely they should be put together as it would increase the people in the lobbies?

And the thing is everyone keeps on playing the game despite claiming its terrible so they must be enjoying something about it to keep on playing.

Erm naw, i dont like ewok hunt or extraction, i love strike, so getting 1 game out of 3 isnt good enough for me, and im sure fans of the other game modes will say the same
  • The game has it's issues *cough cough* bugs and balancing *cough* but other than that it's a fun game! I love playing Battlefront II and while I agree it could be better, Battlefront is not superior to this game. On the Reddit you get a more varied opinion. It just seems that everyone here hates the Reddit because they like the game and have fun. I wish more on this forum were on the Battlefront II Reddit...
    Heroes are born on the battlefront... especially if you play the objective.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • The Star Wars Battlefront 2 starfighters are the only thing they perfected. If they had the starfighters and dodges from the 2nd and put them in Battlefront 2015, you would have a superior game. You have to admit the Starfighters in the first one we’re not great.
    “The force is with me and I am one with the force. I fear nothing because everything is as the Force wills it to be.” -Chirrut Imwe
  • I'm expecting the game to be updated and have new additions up until the release of Episode IX.
    It wouldn't make sense to stop updating the game when a film is being released in a matter of months.
  • They may take our lives, but they will never take OUR FORUMS
  • Well it's the nature of most humans. Beeing quiet when we are happy and getting loud when we are unhappy about something.
    There is a lot of players who never write anything in forums and just keep enjoying and playing the game too.
  • giphy.gif

This forum seems to be the very definition of a loud minority from what I've seen.

Judging by BF17's struggles, it's the other way around. If everyone loved BF17 as much as the Battlefront subreddit did, BF17 would be thriving. Players who abandoned this game typically don't post on R*ddit or interact with the devs on Twitter.
    XBOX GT: Finest blah

• Zyder
    359 posts Member
    In my opinion Battlefront II is a good game, only lacks of content and bug fixing. If devs support this game and they listen to us (I truly want now new maps), this would be one of the greatest Star Wars game ever.

And I don't know how people love BF2015 (this is my opinion):
    - Lacks of story (yes, Inferno Squad may not be the best story in SW universe but at least it introduces us as a more cinematic way what happened after the Empire went down.
    - Only Original Trilogy (I love both PT and OT, I like a bit much PT but I'm glad this game touches all eras, including ST).
    - DLCs (maybe they were better, but that restrict the new modes to players that don't own it).
    - Flying people (All guys with jetpack, looks like a "modern" Call of Duty).

But I have to say that:
    - BF2015 has coop. It would be cool to play Arcade with one friend.
    - BF2015 has CARD BUILDS. What this game needs.

And has Bespin map for GA.

• CeymalRen
    890 posts Member
    edited March 20
    I get it! Battlefront 2 is for you the worst thing ever! I read some stuff here in the last days and I finally get where you all (90%) coming from.

- You love Battlefront 1 mostly because of small game modes! Cargo and Dropzone are important for your Star Wars experience.
    - Hate the squad system, because you rather are alone with every possible item. Instead of some **** spawning on you.
    - Pick up system is superior to Battle points. Beautiful blue pick-ups and flying Troopers! Fun game!
    - Season pass is superior to free for all, even if you can't find any matches on Scarif in the 2015 game.
    - Battlefront 2015 looked and felt like Star Wars and the new game looks for you like Turkish Star Wars :D.
    - Battlefront 2 is dead!

First of all its ok for people to give feedback. Even though some of it is negative people still clearly care. They do point to some big problems the game has. If the devs would focus more on whats said here then maybe the player base wouldnt keep droping as fast as its does.

Yes the OT is the most popular SW era. At least untill the ST kinds grow up and start asking for stuff oriented around that.
    The PT is garbage and the devs focusing on it is a mistake. Many of my friends left oraz migrated back to BF2015. As did I.

And wile we are on the subject. Yes. It did do some things better. It was overpriced and lacked content at launch but now its dirt cheap and has a decent amount of maps and game modes. Its more focused and ballanced.

Heroes are limited to two per side on ladge scale modes. The ladge scale modes themselves are better executed imo.How is it that BF 2 does not have Supremacy is beyond me.

BF 2 had to wait over a year to get the same spawn system that was present on the previous game since 2016.

More guns, more cosmetics and no forced class system. Survival mode and offline large scale mode.

Sure the game Has its flaws but its not a mix of bugs and unfocused content BF2 is.

• Empire_TW wrote: »
    I don't cherish BF2015 as much as others but I'll go through your list

People don't consider BF2015 perfect, just a better game than this one (I personally don't, not overall at least).

People think this game could be better but they aren't improving what needs to be improved thus they think it's trash.

A lot of people liked those modes, a sequel is supposed to improve upon what the last game did but as far as smaller modes are concerned it Strike is a complete downgrade from BF2015's varied options.

Who people want as heroes vary because everyone has their personal favorite characters.

People don't hate heroes, they hate how much attention they've had recently and how there aren't many options for non-hero modes.

People don't like that PT has had 100% all the content for a very long time (over a year since anything ST, just about a year since anything for OT).

People don't hate the squad system, just how buggy and unpolished it is. It can also be problematic on some maps because of the map's design.

Most people don't miss pickups, they just find the BP system flawed.

Thermal Imploders are significantly worse in this game than the last game.

A lot of people don't like them spending so much time on non-issues like clone officer armor, fixing existing skins, or reinforcements that are no available at all times.

I personally don't think so, but I know people who dislike the removal of automatic evasive maneuvers and don't like things like Y-Wing ion cannons or how the balance is really out of whack (A-Wings are godly while TIE Interceptors are trash).

The BF2015 season pass was superior to this game's failed live service, reason BF2015 died off was because it was clear shortly after BF2015 came out it wasn't a game that was made to last and this game came out.

BF2015 had audio and visuals that are superior.

People consider BF2017 dead because they don't see the game improving for the good.

This is a better response than my one that's awaiting moderation. I agree with your interpretations

• What really bums me out is how subpar the changes were. I had high hopes for some of the changes.

I was initially excited for some sort of restriction on loadouts. There were several combos which were cheesy. Shock grenade with Scatter gun. The tank loadout of bacta, adrenaline stim, jump pack, and bodyguard. EE-4 with Focus Fire -- admittedly I've used this against wannabe sweaty parties running the tank loadout. No apologies. The tank loadout gave an enormous amount of health and provided two ways or regenerating health. Parties would try pub-stomping with it. EE-4 with Focus Fire was a great counter.

Fortunately, there were counters to everything. Ex: Scatter Gun, Cycler Rifle, or ion grenade against a personal shield. But I was still hoping for something... a bit more skillful/balanced? Not sure that's the word I'm looking for. I was at 95 health on trait three bodyguard and got one-shot from distance by someone using CA-87 with focus fire. Restrictions on certain combos might've worked.

The class system ended up being underwhelming. The lack of weapons and unique star cards is part of the issue. They even got rid of some of my favorite cards in BF15. It should've been easy to port the Cycler Rifle and tune it up.

What's funny is how similar the systems are, even if it doesn't appear so on the surface. There are similar health boosts to bacta. There are cards which increase health regeneration as Adrenaline Stim did. And for all the complaints about meta loadouts in BF15, there were meta loadouts throughout most of BF17 too. Basically, the changes kept the supposed issues with the star card system in BF15 and locked blasters. All it achieved was reducing our choice of blasters in a game is already limited in that department.

I was initially excited for the BP system. I hated random pickups in BF15, particularly on 6v6 objective modes. Guys could pick up tokens randomly placed near their spawns and gain an undeserved advantage. Unfortunately, the BP system wasn't implemented well in BF17. It's also too easy to earn reinforcements. Guys on the bottom of the team who are getting slaughtered shouldn't be able to get them in a match.

I was excited for the squad system in some ways, yet skeptical in others. I disliked the partner spawn system in BF15 due to the ridiculous nature of it. Partner spawning -- which the menus directly warned as being a risky choice -- gave spawn protection, whereas regular spawning gave none. It should've been the opposite if anything. As if it wasn't bas enough, killing someone outlines you for their partner. That's just plain dumb. We couldn't even change that in private matches either. The partner spawn feature was also highly dependent on luck. Some players were able to use partner spawns while their partner was claiming a DZ pod and being shot at. I never got that sorta luck. Connection or lag I figured. Dumb either way. If you spawn on a pod with partner spawn protection, you can capture it before the enemy team is able to kill you.

I was worried the partner spawn would introduce issues, particularly in game modes such as Cargo. You could have three players die and essentially get rewarded by spawning on their lone-remaining squad mate. Now imagine that squad mate is hidden near the enemies Cargo. That enables your team to capture the Cargo with an entire squad protecting the carrier.

Squad spawning seems like a good idea on larger 20v20 modes. The potential issues I brought up aren't as much of a problem on those modes. The maps are significantly larger, so spawning in the back of the map is burdensome. That's not the case on Cargo. Minus Goazan in BF15, the maps were relatively small (as they tend to be on CTF).

None of this matters of course, as BF17 doesn't have Cargo. That brings me to another issue with BF17. It eliminated fan-favorite modes in favor of disliked replacements. There still aren't any infantry-only modes without reinforcements either. Cargo should've been one such mode. There was no logical reason to remove it.

• Cadoth
    1008 posts Member
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    I don't cherish BF2015 as much as others but I'll go through your list

People don't consider BF2015 perfect, just a better game than this one (I personally don't, not overall at least).

People think this game could be better but they aren't improving what needs to be improved thus they think it's trash.

A lot of people liked those modes, a sequel is supposed to improve upon what the last game did but as far as smaller modes are concerned it Strike is a complete downgrade from BF2015's varied options.

Who people want as heroes vary because everyone has their personal favorite characters.

People don't hate heroes, they hate how much attention they've had recently and how there aren't many options for non-hero modes.

People don't like that PT has had 100% all the content for a very long time (over a year since anything ST, just about a year since anything for OT).

People don't hate the squad system, just how buggy and unpolished it is. It can also be problematic on some maps because of the map's design.

Most people don't miss pickups, they just find the BP system flawed.

Thermal Imploders are significantly worse in this game than the last game.

A lot of people don't like them spending so much time on non-issues like clone officer armor, fixing existing skins, or reinforcements that are no available at all times.

I personally don't think so, but I know people who dislike the removal of automatic evasive maneuvers and don't like things like Y-Wing ion cannons or how the balance is really out of whack (A-Wings are godly while TIE Interceptors are trash).

The BF2015 season pass was superior to this game's failed live service, reason BF2015 died off was because it was clear shortly after BF2015 came out it wasn't a game that was made to last and this game came out.

People consider BF2017 dead because they don't see the game improving for the good.

Amen👏🏻
  • JediJam
    385 posts Member

What? Better visuals in 2015!? I will not stand for that! I would quite happily marry and spend the rest of my life with 2017s visuals.

But seriously there is no argument that 2015 had better visuals. bf2 is quite possibly the best looking game ever (with the possible exception of detroit become human. Plus 2017 doesn't have silly blue pick ups littering the maps or storm troopers with their helmets off.

Also I don't get how people can prefer the paid dlc of 2015 to free updates of this game. Firstly 2015 released with barely any content so for them charge us to get 3 new planets, and some pretty obscure characters is a complete joke. And the time they stop updating this game we'll have had more content added to it. I do believe it's just people not liking prequel content.

Also the game isn't dying. Most people do like this game they just keep away from this forum. I mean there are people on here complaining about the people on reddit but there are a lot more people on reddit and they're much more positive about the game.
  • giphy.gif

This forum seems to be the very definition of a loud minority from what I've seen.

True the whole forum is basically the minority of the player base who like to complain all day when I invite players from my games in battlefront 2 they enjoy the new content.

I'll count you in an even smaller minority acting like all is well and they "invite players" that also love it. Some complain, others inform of imbalances and suggest proper adjustments. ....senseless to generalize everyone together.

What? Better visuals in 2015!? I will not stand for that! I would quite happily marry and spend the rest of my life with 2017s visuals.

But seriously there is no argument that 2015 had better visuals. bf2 is quite possibly the best looking game ever (with the possible exception of detroit become human. Plus 2017 doesn't have silly blue pick ups littering the maps or storm troopers with their helmets off.

Also I don't get how people can prefer the paid dlc of 2015 to free updates of this game. Firstly 2015 released with barely any content so for them charge us to get 3 new planets, and some pretty obscure characters is a complete joke. And the time they stop updating this game we'll have had more content added to it. I do believe it's just people not liking prequel content.

Also the game isn't dying. Most people do like this game they just keep away from this forum. I mean there are people on here complaining about the people on reddit but there are a lot more people on reddit and they're much more positive about the game.

Cool, and you got the sloppy mess that you asked for....we really appreciate your introspectives on knowing what the player base is....or how many like it or don't. Pretty sure BF2 players ALL TOGETHER are a "minority" compared to other live service games going on right now. But when people aren't sure of the point they're making they flee to the "imaginary club" where they think tens of thousands of people are condoning their wants. It happens.
  • This is mostly wrong, I love the PT but this game is inherently imbalanced. Even though I love the PT content, I cannot say this is the better game. In 2015, the blasters felt like blasters, these just don’t, maybe the sounds or the bolts are different, but somethings off. Also, 2015 had something this game doesn’t, some amount of balance and replay ability. This game has now become a few matches of GA and done in about an hour, because even though it’s Star Wars, it should not be excused that we haven’t received one, not one new star card for any class, and no new weapons This game is essentially spam battlepoints to get a hero, and the worst part is that most are objectively better than others, you can’t compare Luke to Anakin, the difference is. Night and Day. This game has to succeed at the new mode just for me not to uninstall. I still haven’t uninstalled 2015. I love the settings and the planets, but I cannot play a game simply because it’s Star Wars forever.
    You guys are gonna make me rich......
    Xbox G-tag
    XJO461
    That Specialist rework was disappointing.
    nceaq2h23fqj.png

• Oh and....just my opinion....graphics in BF15 are surprisingly superior to BF17. Most of the time I just can't buy that the same dev teams made both of these games. Smooth colors, brilliant lighting and shading......Bf17 just looks chromey and washed out.
  • GenxDarchi wrote: »
    This is mostly wrong, I love the PT but this game is inherently imbalanced. Even though I love the PT content, I cannot say this is the better game. In 2015, the blasters felt like blasters, these just don’t, maybe the sounds or the bolts are different, but somethings off. Also, 2015 had something this game doesn’t, some amount of balance and replay ability. This game has now become a few matches of GA and done in about an hour, because even though it’s Star Wars, it should not be excused that we haven’t received one, not one new star card for any class, and no new weapons This game is essentially spam battlepoints to get a hero, and the worst part is that most are objectively better than others, you can’t compare Luke to Anakin, the difference is. Night and Day. This game has to succeed at the new mode just for me not to uninstall. I still haven’t uninstalled 2015. I love the settings and the planets, but I cannot play a game simply because it’s Star Wars forever.

You said it better haha...indeed.
  • camerog
    213 posts Member

- Battlefront 2 is dead!

You nailed it! the rampant negativity is mind boggling to me. Is it perfect, no. Is it fun? Heck Yeah it is. Have i gotten my $80's worth? Heck Yeah! well over 1000 hours of gameplay makes the $80 some cheap entertainment.
  • giphy.gif

True the whole forum is basically the minority of the player base who like to complain all day when I invite players from my games in battlefront 2 they enjoy the new content.

I'll count you in an even smaller minority acting like all is well and they "invite players" that also love it. Some complain, others inform of imbalances and suggest proper adjustments. ....senseless to generalize everyone together.

They enjoy the new content but don’t like how it affected the game modes like Ga and HVV. People are mad about Anakin. I mean before February people were happy.
  • GenxDarchi wrote: »
    This is mostly wrong, I love the PT but this game is inherently imbalanced. Even though I love the PT content, I cannot say this is the better game. In 2015, the blasters felt like blasters, these just don’t, maybe the sounds or the bolts are different, but somethings off. Also, 2015 had something this game doesn’t, some amount of balance and replay ability. This game has now become a few matches of GA and done in about an hour, because even though it’s Star Wars, it should not be excused that we haven’t received one, not one new star card for any class, and no new weapons This game is essentially spam battlepoints to get a hero, and the worst part is that most are objectively better than others, you can’t compare Luke to Anakin, the difference is. Night and Day. This game has to succeed at the new mode just for me not to uninstall. I still haven’t uninstalled 2015. I love the settings and the planets, but I cannot play a game simply because it’s Star Wars forever.

You said it better haha...indeed.

We might not agree on a lot Salacious, but I can agree that the old game is superior for these reasons, and the fanboys ignoring it will be the reason why it fails. Also the graphics and sounds in the old game are definitely better imo.
    Xbox G-tag
    XJO461
    nceaq2h23fqj.png

• tts42572
    1030 posts Member
    This pretty much sums it up.

They did some good things with BF 2017...Classes helped balance the game and overall I think the game is probably balanced better than 2015 with weapons overall. And they game looks really nice graphically. I also think they made a good decision not rolling out content into paid download patches like the first game. That just made for empty lobbies and a split player base. The crate system has been a nightmare though.

However, the eliminated too many things that made the first BF so fun. They got rid of stats which for me has really ruined the fun factor and motivation. I honestly don't care one bit playing 2017 if I win a game or not because wins and losses aren't tracked. I mostly just mindlessly play and run around trying to cause some havoc. I try different guns, mess around with vehicles, etc. Yeah, sometimes I play the objective and try to win. But many times I could care less about if I win or even how I play. And I've found it's really killed my motivation to play as it's caused nothing to play for beyond just killing a little time. I mean, it's just pointless to play. I play, unlock nothing, don't level up or anything....There's just no motivating factors to play this.

And the modes in BF 2017 have really been limited and not nearly as fun. Why did they need to take away drop zone, cargo, droid run? Those were fun modes. They finally added extraction back but with only 2 maps? Come on. And what happened to Turning Point? Or how about some sort of hero objective mode to let us actually play with heroes in a mode bedsides the terrible HVV.

It's a shame how they seemed to take 2 steps forward with BF 2017 but then 4 steps backwards. They fixed the balancing which was a big issue everyone was complaining about but they removed a lot of the fun factor that I never really heard people complaining about. I mean, I don't remember people complaining to remove stats....Or remove drop zone, etc.

unit900000 wrote: »
    battlefront 2015: better game play (not dieing to glitches or unbalanced garbage 75% of the time and no the bacta/jump pack meta is not a valid argument to say its game play was worse cause the officer meta is basically the same thing) better maps, better modes, more guns, better flying, and better balance.

battlefront 2017: only thing good about this game is the class system, BP system and more heroes.

JediJam wrote: »

If you prefer the EA apologists and the blind shilliness of Reddit, then go post there. The fact you prefer this “live service” over what we got with the paid DLC says it all. The way the game has been and continues to be handled is inexcusable. That’s reality, not pessimism. Seriously, go post on Reddit. Many upvotes await.

Well there are a lot more people over on reddit who are a lot more positive. Simply saying that they're dumb because they like something you don't like isn't a very strong argument.

Thing is I view the 2017 game more like early access rather than live service. I would have much preferred they just released everything at release though.

But how can you prefer 2015 dlc to 2017 free updates...

I mean 2015 releases with 6 heroes and 6 planets and then adds: lando, Chewie, greedo, nien nunb, dengar, jyn erso and krenic. Adds 4 new planets. Adds a few weapons with slightly different damage and rate of fire stats and few game modes that were limited to the players who bought the dlc and are now completely empty of players. everything at full price = £105

2017: releases with 14 heroes and 11 planets and a campaign and then adds for free: Anakin, obi wan, grievous, dooku, phasma, finn. 4 new game modes, 4 new planets, a tons of skins and has still has about 9 months of updates left to go (till the next film and the new game) . full price £60

EA saw you coming 2015 fans. 2 lightsabres in the whole game? Charging to add nien nunb and dengar who had a combined total of about one second of screen time in the films?

2017 released with most of what 2015 added and then added more for free. The only people who say they prefer 2015 are people who are bitter that they added prequel content and don't mind being ripped off by EA.

Lmao, how many new modes have been added in 2017 compared to those already in 2015? How many Weapons have been added in 2017 compared to 2015? How many star cards, traits, Contracts, working abilities and good heroes have been added in 2017 vs 2015? For weapons, NONE. Star cards? NONE. How about modes? Let’s see, we have TWO! Let’s examine the heroes as well. How many compare to Anakin? Vader? Nope. Phasma? Nope. Bossk? Nope. How about good ol Iden? NOPE. Luke? NOPE. And what about Obi Wan Kenobi? HELL NO. The heroes in the last game at least were somewhat balanced, at this point the rest of the cast might as well be pieces of beat up salami, while Anakin is a Prime Ribeye Roast. To say this game is better is crazy, Ben if it is only one era, and I say this loving the PT, and the fact we have more heroes.
    Xbox G-tag
    XJO461
    nceaq2h23fqj.png

• bfloo
    14754 posts Member

If you prefer the EA apologists and the blind shilliness of Reddit, then go post there. The fact you prefer this “live service” over what we got with the paid DLC says it all. The way the game has been and continues to be handled is inexcusable. That’s reality, not pessimism. Seriously, go post on Reddit. Many upvotes await.

Well there are a lot more people over on reddit who are a lot more positive. Simply saying that they're dumb because they like something you don't like isn't a very strong argument.

Thing is I view the 2017 game more like early access rather than live service. I would have much preferred they just released everything at release though.

But how can you prefer 2015 dlc to 2017 free updates...

I mean 2015 releases with 6 heroes and 6 planets and then adds: lando, Chewie, greedo, nien nunb, dengar, jyn erso and krenic. Adds 4 new planets. Adds a few weapons with slightly different damage and rate of fire stats and few game modes that were limited to the players who bought the dlc and are now completely empty of players. everything at full price = £105

2017: releases with 14 heroes and 11 planets and a campaign and then adds for free: Anakin, obi wan, grievous, dooku, phasma, finn. 4 new game modes, 4 new planets, a tons of skins and has still has about 9 months of updates left to go (till the next film and the new game) . full price £60

EA saw you coming 2015 fans. 2 lightsabres in the whole game? Charging to add nien nunb and dengar who had a combined total of about one second of screen time in the films?

2017 released with most of what 2015 added and then added more for free. The only people who say they prefer 2015 are people who are bitter that they added prequel content and don't mind being ripped off by EA.

The modes in the 2015 game were a lot better, particularly the small modes.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• TheScape
    2024 posts Member
    edited March 20

Cool, and you got the sloppy mess that you asked for....we really appreciate your introspectives on knowing what the player base is....or how many like it or don't. Pretty sure BF2 players ALL TOGETHER are a "minority" compared to other live service games going on right now. But when people aren't sure of the point they're making they flee to the "imaginary club" where they think tens of thousands of people are condoning their wants. It happens.

Haha. Someone seems upset. I mean... The people on reddit are real people... They're not imaginary. There are a lot more of them than on here and its a much more positive forum. And I wasn't comparing this with other live service games.

I am not sure about that. Reddit is bipolar and it still has a lot of people that are not so happy about the direction of the game. Let's just have a selection of some of the current posts:

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/b3bx50/a_new_gamemode_that_was_announced_9_months_ago_is/
    Top comment:
    "In conclusion...

We still know nothing."

Quite positive... Right?

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/b3auvv/where_is_the_damn_news_weve_waited_since_2017/

Some comments from there (top ones):
    "Ben has dodged every single question about the CT’s on Twitter, Jay is the one being somewhat vocal about it.. I don’t know, somethings off."
    "We’ll probably get the community update video a week after the game modes released lol"

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/b3b1c5/3_cts_in_less_than_6_days_wtf_dice/

Sure, there are also positive posts, but every time something doesn't go well you'll see tons of complaining and toxic posts there. I am not sure they are more positive in general.

BONUS: https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/b3bbzg/plz_press_f_for_respects_for_the_good_ole_ishi_tib/

Yeah, it's just people on these forums talking about BF15...
    May your heart be your guiding key.
  • Salacious_Me_1138
    1938 posts Member
    edited March 20

Haha. Someone seems upset. I mean... The people on reddit are real people... They're not imaginary. There are a lot more of them than on here and its a much more positive forum. And I wasn't comparing this with other live service games.

I think you just buried yourself with this statement. And again...you run to the imaginary group to try to make a point.
  • Yep! I Swapped to Apex, it’s a more solid, bugfree, equal, and - with his new battlepass which lasts for 3 month - fun and motivated game.

I think you just buried yourself with this statement. And again...you run to the imaginary group to try to make a point.

So instead of comparing this game to it’s peers, he just decides to ignore the fact.
    Xbox G-tag
    XJO461
    nceaq2h23fqj.png

• JediJam
    385 posts Member
    TheScape wrote: »

I am not sure about that. Reddit is bipolar and it still has a lot of people that are not so happy about the direction of the game. Let's just have a selection of some of the current posts:

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/b3bx50/a_new_gamemode_that_was_announced_9_months_ago_is/
    Top comment:
    "In conclusion...

We still know nothing."

Quite positive... Right?

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/b3auvv/where_is_the_damn_news_weve_waited_since_2017/

"Ben has dodged every single question about the CT’s on Twitter, Jay is the one being somewhat vocal about it.. I don’t know, somethings off."
    "We’ll probably get the community update video a week after the game modes released lol"

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/b3b1c5/3_cts_in_less_than_6_days_wtf_dice/

Sure, there are also positive posts, but every time something doesn't go well you'll see tons of complaining and toxic posts there. I am not sure they are more positive in general.

I mean you've only picked on the critical ones. The vast majority are positive like all the game play videos they post or the one lego vardos they made or the one where someone is talking about how much he likes the game despite being worried about it at launch. There's a lot more positivity on reddit. This forum just comes across as bitter most the time.

Also shall we not call people bipolar just you disagree with them?
  • TheScape
    2024 posts Member
    edited March 20

Top comment:
    "In conclusion...

We still know nothing."

Quite positive... Right?

I mean you've only picked on the critical ones. The vast majority are positive like all the game play videos they post or the one lego vardos they made or the one where someone is talking about how much he likes the game despite being worried about it at launch. There's a lot more positivity on reddit. This forum just comes across as bitter most the time.

Wow, so... I practically tell you that they are bipolar (in the sense that one day you'll have only positive posts and the next only negative ones), I show you evidence of how not everything is positive and that is your answer? OF COURSE I picked the critical ones...

95126p3pkspb.gif

You must be really new to both the forums and reddit. I wish I saved some screenshots after the delay of the new game mode... Reddit sure was positive right then.

If you don't believe that these two threads (just two examples) are just pure love for what DICE created... You must be deluded:
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/120019/give-us-more-extraction-maps-please
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/132434/r-i-p-starfighter-assault-you-were-amazing
    May your heart be your guiding key.
  • bfloo
    14754 posts Member

Top comment:
    "In conclusion...

We still know nothing."

Quite positive... Right?

Wow, so... I practically tell you that they are bipolar (in the sense that one day you'll have only positive posts and the next only negative ones), I show you evidence of how not everything is positive and that is your answer? OF COURSE I picked the critical ones...

95126p3pkspb.gif

You must be really new to both the forums and reddit. I wish I saved some screenshots after the delay of the new game mode... Reddit sure was positive right then.

If you don't believe that these two threads (just two examples) are just pure love for what DICE created... You must be deluded:
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/120019/give-us-more-extraction-maps-please
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/132434/r-i-p-starfighter-assault-you-were-amazing

Reddit crushed this game before launch.

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo wrote: »

Top comment:
    "In conclusion...

We still know nothing."

Quite positive... Right?

95126p3pkspb.gif

Hah yeah...I thought I remember it being Reddit that gave the RECORD of all time "downvotes" on the developer mentioning the slow progression should bring "pride and accomplishment"? I've seen plenty of people actually blame Reddit posters for making such a big deal out of loot boxes....thus halting content releases, reworking the progression system, trickling out Clone Wars tiny bits over a year.

One could argue this game would be WAY BETTER if it wasn't for Reddit.
  • DarthJ
    6330 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »

Top comment:
    "In conclusion...

We still know nothing."

Quite positive... Right?

95126p3pkspb.gif

Hah yeah...I thought I remember it being Reddit that gave the RECORD of all time "downvotes" on the developer mentioning the slow progression should bring "pride and accomplishment"? I've seen plenty of people actually blame Reddit posters for making such a big deal out of loot boxes....thus halting content releases, reworking the progression system, trickling out Clone Wars tiny bits over a year.

One could argue this game would be WAY BETTER if it wasn't for Reddit.

I....agree with you. Wow

Did we just connect
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • But why are we arguing or debating the different forums?? You live Reddit....that's your home. I don't go on Reddit and tell them that their forum is toxic or such a negative place....then run to my supposed support group to act like I have a "majority" (wishful thinking). Have fun slamming this forum on Reddit...you won't find me doing the same to your imaginary support group.

jgwfmkgr7t2d.gif
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • GranularAni9
    277 posts Member
    edited March 20
    FCor those who do think the game is dying 'ok' cool. There are plenty of other new games for you to go play.

I and many others on the other hand are looking forward to the new features coming soon (Duel Wield pistols) Halo style

The funniest part of all this is, all the devs have to do is add a few new blasters, Jyn, Krennic, Old Luke skin with new abilities, and everyone changes their tune.

I sense STRONGGG hyperbole in the Force.
    For the Rebellion!
  • bfloo
    14754 posts Member
    If you think the game is dying then 'ok'. There are plenty of new games for you to go play.

I and many others on the other hand are looking forward to the new features coming soon (Duel Wield pistols) Halo style

The funniest part of your post is, all the devs have to do is add a few new blasters, Jyn, Krennic, Old Luke skin with new abilities, and you'd probably change your tune.

I sense STRONGGG hyperbole in the Force.

It all depends on the new mode coming this month.

If it fails, the majority of the playerbase is gone. It is all many of us are still here for.

h846398gb27k.png

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!