criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

Something NEEDS to be done about Anakin!

Prev1
Arcanewarrior
463 posts Member
edited March 23
Havent seen any kind of response from the devs yet so im gonna keep going until this is adressed. Also to help support the people who actually want a balanced game rather than a god anakin running around nuking the map.

I cant understand the people who are defending Anakin who are saying "he's fine as he is". Or "he can be killed"
I dont know if these people are just noobs or casual players or just Aholes but IMO it is NOT FUN jumping back and forth accross the map alternating between Heroic might and Retribution
Using their huge 360° AOE to crush everyone in the vicinity.
Being on the recceiving end of it is even worse.

Ok cool, both of those abilities can be avoided sure.
But now lets apply that to a GA game where you are being shot from almost every direction and explosions are going off all around you.
Its not hard to miss anakin due to being pre occupied with a fight or something obscuring him from your vision or you turn a corner into him or you need to retreat or even just lower your block for a second. These things are all fatal now because anakin can just push one button and finnish you in a matter of seconds your villan will go from full HP to 0 and even faster if you have enemy troops shooting you.

In what universe does anakin recceive multipe slashes from a lightsaber and take multiple blaster shots to the face then use an over powered repulse to kill everything in his vicinity?

Dont give me that "git gud" bull, ive been playing since day one and have spent a LOT of hours getting good. I love this game the only reason i even decided to voice this is because i care.

The fact is, The devs cheaped out. How did they go from making high quality creative unique heroes like yoda and maul and obi wan etc, and then when it comes to arguably the most important character in SW hes given 2 cheap lazy abilities that require no aiming, skill or siuational awareness to use and still wipe out the whole enemy team villans included with 1 button push.

Personally i would swap that Heroic might TRASH for a lightsaber throw seeing as LS doesnt have a character with one yet and it actually requires you to aim .
As for Retribution, it needs have a small animation before the ability is activated in order to allow it to be anticipated seeing as if you are caught with it you are basically sentanced to death and may aswell hit respawn.

Thats my two cents anyway am very interested to see other peoples opinions.
Something absoloutely NEEDS to be done because Anakins two 360° abilities are ruining GA
Post edited by Arcanewarrior on

Replies

  • Yeah heroic might should be high risk high reward.

    That said i killed 2 saber spammy anakins with bossk today in GA
  • Heroic might is bugged and so is blocking. Kylo ruins him, A good (bugged) Phasma ruins him and so does Vader in HvV. Played against him multiple times yesterday, and those were purple card guys, he never got top of the leaderboard in GA and I don't think I saw any of them get over 50 or 60 eliminations in total. People are learning how to counter him as with any other hero. I played him 4 times yesterday and my best with him was a little over 30 kills. Of course, I play the objective so I'm always trying to help my team so maybe I put myself in harms way on purpose. Of course you can ignore team play or objective play and try to go on streaks so you can look good for a youtube video but most of my experience with him or against him is like any other well-played hero. Tough but not invincible.
  • Heroic might needs the escape mechanic Vaders choke Had at launch. Villains can escape the grasp with maybe 250-300 damage, and unbuffed enforcers and Heavy's still die.

    Balanced.
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • MC_XIX
    2128 posts Member
    WhatAShame wrote: »
    MC_XIX wrote: »
    WhatAShame wrote: »
    MC_XIX wrote: »
    WhatAShame wrote: »
    MC_XIX wrote: »
    WhatAShame wrote: »
    MC_XIX wrote: »
    WhatAShame wrote: »
    So if you can watch all of these and don't think Anakin needs nerfing or imo changing, then you are nuts. Please read my post and watch these videos and consider this feedback!


    Also these clips are from gameplay post hotfix patch.

    Thanks for posting those videos, every video shows how you messed up and let Anakin get the better of you. As far as the strike to retribution kill on your grievous... well you should have dodged the strike. The last one shows that you don't know how to correctly use frenzy. You seem like a decent saber player, but you have to realize that Anakin requires his own approach to beat just like every other hero. You can't just thrust surge in and expect a huge victory. Literally not working with your team at all in those videos.

    Wrong. He didn't mess up.

    There is no warning of when Anakin is about to use Retribution. You CANNOT stand there blocking in anticipation of an OP ability, because troopers will open fire and ruin you.

    Also, why should we have to be much more careful and defensive around Anakin than all the other heroes put together?

    He's overpowered and needs a major nerf. If it was up to me, Retribution would be taken away from him altogether and Heroic Might would be replaced by a more balanced and thought out ability.

    LOL ok bud. If you had as many hours logged as you do posts you'd know that you are Wrong.

    Been playing at least twice or three times per week since the Beta in 2017.

    I highly doubt you have more hours invested than I do.

    Almost 1,600 hours. Guess again

    Wasn't a guess. And even if you do have more time invested, the fact that you can't see Anakin is tremendously overpowered speaks volumes about your sense of balance.

    Lol all you do is argue semantics and Anakin's balance. You have nothing to add other than Ani rekt me plz nerf :(

    On the contrary, my main gripe is how easy it is to dominate the opposition when using Anakin. I'm experienced enough to hold my own against him, but that also means in near enough invincible when using him, and I'm not the greatest at the game. He's far too easy to use.

    Just yesterday I got 54K score in HvV and the next score down was 27K. As I said, your sense of balance is very poor if you think he's acceptable in this state.

    So you farmed newbs during the 2x XP event. Good for you.

    This wasn't during the 2X score event. I was just using Anakin and the enemy team couldn't do anything as usual.

    Clearly you're not in the best mood, probably because you're angry that the whole forum is correctly calling for your favourite OP character to be toned down.
  • Jax1
    31 posts Member

    Almost 1,600 hours. Guess again[/quote]

    Only 1,600 loool
  • If retribution is removed entirely he will still be the most powerful hero in the game. There is no excuse for him to have 4 abilities when all other heroes have 3.

    And i’m not going to hold out for the devs to make 19 other balanced ultimates, plus animations for every other character, so let’s abandon this idea of all heroes having fourth abilities. The other heroes are fine. Some could use tweaks. Anakin is a disaster.
  • Evo911
    267 posts Member
    Was playing some dozen of games right now...all DS lost...anakin All first.
    87 KS, 74 KS naboo...as some say he is fun as he makes me laugh...as it was so ridiculous...
    Don't know how skilled players with a minimum of pride can pick him.
  • Devs should take away hok card and make him 8000 battle points to get. What makes him so op is that 2 of his abilities can take out an entire team and give him all his health back. Remove card and am pretty sure he will be fine after that.
  • I fear increasing his BP cost will kist delay the inevitable.

    8000 isnt much im not a great player and by the second phase i could earn that.

    So by the final and most crucial phase youd have loads of people with enough bp for ani.

    The only real solution is to either reduce his lethality or to make him only available during the 2nd phase.

    I dont see them taking the latter option. I doubt they will nerf him. Id just recommend that when any player ever sees an ani. All switch to specialists with that stinger pistol and shoot him regardless of what ability hes using. If you get a few shots with the stinger while hes doing heroic might any health he gets back will be eaten by the stinger. Repeat until hes dead.
  • Fight broken with broken


    61tgj36mc1n9.png

  • Fight broken with broken


    Fire with fire. Bugs with bugs. Such are these desperate times.
    Heroes are born on the battlefront... especially if you play the objective.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • Haven't played in a week because of the "Ana-geddon" going on. Played 20 matches of GA this morning on PS4 and Anakin dominated every single match...not 1 dark side victory in 20 games. Most matches everyone gave it their all.

    Still broken. Sad.
  • Evo911
    267 posts Member
    Just played right now Jakku. Took Bossk. ..enter the 1st door after 10 secs...full health killed instantly by Anakin retribution...bye bye I quit...

    If game devs, marketing, designer, manager or whatever could still work in this company have even not a single clue about the s*** they are doing I don't care...
  • Bro in that greivous video you go after both obi and ani what did you think would happen?
  • Salacious_Me_1138
    2102 posts Member
    edited March 24
    Deleted
  • ghawar18
    1084 posts Member
    edited March 24
    delete simply "retribution", it will be a first big step for the balance of anakin, then the power of the other hero must be raised at the level of the stars card to be calibrated on anakin
  • TjPunx wrote: »
    And these are the people that are calling for nerfs (facepalm)

    I'm happy to see that only a couple of people on here take you seriously anymore.

  • I admit I tried phasma out with the new bug, and it's still only effective for HvV, she needs the Heal card off of staff strikes for GA. Still unplayable.
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • TjPunx wrote: »
    From the videos your gameplay needs work. Now wonder why you think Anakin is OP

    HAHAA ok mate and your mums bj skills need work
  • Arcanewarrior
    463 posts Member
    edited March 24
    Its funny all these lil guys try to do is bash my gameplay but don't actually provide any argument or justification for Anakin being allowed to be that OP. Lool
  • Not for it against Anakin nerfs, don’t care. For me personally nothing has changed much other than not much works when I need it. Anyway, imo map is the main issue, it benefits Anakin the same way it does other heroes imo, and not from a skill based perspective.

    We have Rey(the wallhack queen), then there’s Yoda/Fin( the free , unlimited health kings), the the spam king himself, Bossk, then there’s the Wookiee(spam thermals), again much/most of this is due to casual map design made for this kind of nonsense imo. I’ve dispatched many Anakins this week, good and bad.

    Again, not taking either side here, I just think map design makes/magnifies a problem that otherwise isn’t a problem.
  • RyanK388
    1909 posts Member
    Try using supercharged sentry and explosive weapons on him

    Or just use the Sniper classes stinger pistol to revenge kill/wound him.
    Killing anakin is not a one-man job unless you are a hero, taking him out is a coordinated effort, sadly coordinating other players to focus him is hard without comms or microphone to teammates.

    One specialist using the stinger pistol against Anakin is an annoyance at best, but having two or three specialists + you focusing him with the stinger pistol is an organized Hit.
  • I agree, he Defintely needs a buff
  • Heres some evidence from the other POV
  • Omniscient wrote: »
    Heres some evidence from the other POV

    Thank you for proving the point that Anakin is not OP. All of those times you were using HM—that put-put-put-put-put sound you were hearing were either ignorant players who did not know they shouldn’t have been shooting you or, even worse, done by those trying to make a false argument and capture video evidence of an “OP” skill (i.e. intentionally sabotaging their teammates).

    I played five rounds of GA on the DS, today. We won every single match. I also played three matches of HvV as DS in which we won. Also, in one of those matches, Anakin couldn’t even make it on the top five. We simply shut him down.

    Just lol at your comment
    g8hdbs6a156k.jpg
  • K4152
    138 posts Member
    Retribution does need to be Nerf ... Maybe if they cut half damage or time choked. Or a better option would be to just get rid of it .. After that Ani will be fine.
  • K4152 wrote: »
    Retribution does need to be Nerf ... Maybe if they cut half damage or time choked. Or a better option would be to just get rid of it .. After that Ani will be fine.

    Everything else just fine eh? I take it you don't play....Galactic Assault?
  • Omniscient wrote: »
    Heres some evidence from the other POV

    Thank you for proving the point that Anakin is not OP. All of those times you were using HM—that put-put-put-put-put sound you were hearing were either ignorant players who did not know they shouldn’t have been shooting you or, even worse, done by those trying to make a false argument and capture video evidence of an “OP” skill (i.e. intentionally sabotaging their teammates).

    I played five rounds of GA on the DS, today. We won every single match. I also played three matches of HvV as DS in which we won. Also, in one of those matches, Anakin couldn’t even make it on the top five. We simply shut him down.

    Hahahaha that "put put put sound" im not a ***** ***** i have been playing since day 1 stop trying to talk down to me. Why would anyone sabotage their own team intentionally lmfao never heard so much bull in my life. Fact of the matter is it takes 1 or 2 noobs to shoot him to enable him to kill a whole team lol those guys who diddnt shoot diddnt do anything wrong. Same with kylo later in the video all i did was get close so he dropped his block and tap one button to use retribution to kill him lol
    There is no fun in jumpung in the middle of the enmy team heroic miggt or retribution then finnish off survivors if any with pull/strike combo.

    How can you say he isnt op lol retribution is a no brainer 1 button push to kill everything in the vicinity how is that fun.
  • Arcanewarrior
    463 posts Member
    edited March 25
    All i was doing here was retreating shortly after spawning lol from full health and from god knows what distance anakin gets me with retribution and seals my fate just because he pushed 1 button... no chance to block or dodge in between his abilities.
  • I have had a read, and I've played plenty of Heroes v Villains since Anakin was released, both against him and with him (on the whole I don't play GA so I can't comment on his impact there).

    If you get someone on a team playing Anakin who is not a complete noob, the dark side team has little chance of winning. If you get a hot hand who is experienecd and good with Anakin on a half decent team, the dark side team, even with all of them being great players, just can't win. Anakin is just that powerful.

    Now people justify it by saying "he was the chosen one". Others justify it by saying the dark side was overpowered. The thing is this is a game. The game needs some basic balance between the sides to make it enjoyable for all and to give both teams an relatively even chance of winning. Anakin ensure that does not happen as he is that overpowered.

    Yes some of the other light side characters were underpowered. However you don't bring "balance" by making one character way over powered. Anakin can deal out the most damage from any his attacks compared to any other hero/villain, whilst he also has more HP than any other character,. as long as having one of the highest staminas to boot. Every other hero/villain has a trade off, they may do high damage, but they have low stamina and/or low HP. Others do lower damage, but either have high HP, higher stamina or are greatly more mobile. Anakin has none of those trade-offs that every other character does.

    Teams with Anakins can be beaten, but it is not easy. You must have a good team who are always working as a team to have a chance. However if you get a light side team with Anakin with the same level of skill and team work as the dark side, the dark side team has greatly reduced chances of winning as a result.

    Hence my view is Anakin needs some tweaking to reduce some of his abilities, be they offensive or defensive. If not then you need to buff a number of the other characters.

    Leaving Anakin as is will, in my opinion, hurt a number of modes in this game in the long run.
    51bvn954fmlp.png
  • AbyssWatch3r
    4974 posts Member
    edited March 25
    Grevious's thrust surge should have no delay between the knockdown and follow up hits, his unrelenting advance is trash and needs a buff.

    Chewbacca/Phasmas Heal cards need to be off their worst abilities.

    Maul needs slightly higher HP, a saber block, and a functioning saber throw that doesn't go through enemies for 0 damage.

    Luke needs higher Regen, 200 even with a shorter regen delay is trash and gets him killed in GA. He has 4 useable starcards, everything else is worthless, bugged, or stupid.

    Lando needs a better blaster, He can only really kill boba before the stun wears of, then He's dead meat. The smoke grenade has been worthless since launch.

    Han's shoulder Charge and Sharpshooter are trash abilities and nobody runs any of the relevant star cards for good reason. They need to be more useful.

    150 regen on any hero is broken, I don't care what any scrub says.

    Simply Nerfing Anakin is ignoring the larger problems at hand. Too many of the Heroes are comparatively trash and need their own buffs. Scale them up to Anakin's level in terms of utility, every single on of them is outclassed and by a wide margin.

    Every ability needs to have utility in both modes. Every star card should have equal value with there being more than HOK and two "no-brainers" 90% of people go with, this goes hand in hand with there not being too overly situational abilities like expose weakness or shoulder charge.

    Every Hero besides boba, Jango, ect. Should have their own ultimates that charge over time, at the very least passive traits need to return from the last game

    Long story short: Buff the other Heroes.
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • 100% agree. But like you said in terms of utility. Anakin still needs a nerf or a change i still want him to be capable not nerfed into the ground but just so retribution is counterable(add a small animation). And heroic might could do with being changed so it cannot destroy an entire team just by jumping in the middle and waiting for a noob to shoot you. Taking damage should not be rewarded its lazy and looks corny af.
  • Retributions choke should be escapable by villains by pressing the jump key like Vader at launch. If Heroic might gets less damage reduction, ect. Then give him back his 350 regen.
    This is how you teach scrubs:
    xnvLDB.gif
  • Psy3d
    913 posts Member
    The only reason I prefer Anakin...I can PUNISH annoying Boba trolls at will.

    Here's an example where I make my priority to destroy Boba players over the intended target in HvV...I frankly don't care about anyone else...
    https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/psy3d/video/71833465

    I do the same for GA....if I even hear the rocket spam going anywhere I will rush there and finish this fush n chups troll off. I found it super annoying to kill Boba as a LS Saber user in GA....until Anakin showed up...balance in the force indeed.
  • Psy3d wrote: »
    The only reason I prefer Anakin...I can PUNISH annoying Boba trolls at will.

    Here's an example where I make my priority to destroy Boba players over the intended target in HvV...I frankly don't care about anyone else...
    https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/psy3d/video/71833465

    I do the same for GA....if I even hear the rocket spam going anywhere I will rush there and finish this fush n chups troll off. I found it super annoying to kill Boba as a LS Saber user in GA....until Anakin showed up...balance in the force indeed.

    Yeah i completely agree with what you are saying however this does not make him balanced and this is not the ability we are discussing lol there is nothing wrong with his pull ability.
  • brienj
    690 posts Member
    Heres some evidence from the other POV

    Great evidence of why some peple don't want him nerfed, and you have to question the skill of those that are asking for him not to be nerfed ...

    They really, really fear not being able to get all those easy kills anymore.
  • I have had a read, and I've played plenty of Heroes v Villains since Anakin was released, both against him and with him (on the whole I don't play GA so I can't comment on his impact there).

    If you get someone on a team playing Anakin who is not a complete noob, the dark side team has little chance of winning. If you get a hot hand who is experienecd and good with Anakin on a half decent team, the dark side team, even with all of them being great players, just can't win. Anakin is just that powerful.

    Now people justify it by saying "he was the chosen one". Others justify it by saying the dark side was overpowered. The thing is this is a game. The game needs some basic balance between the sides to make it enjoyable for all and to give both teams an relatively even chance of winning. Anakin ensure that does not happen as he is that overpowered.

    Yes some of the other light side characters were underpowered. However you don't bring "balance" by making one character way over powered. Anakin can deal out the most damage from any his attacks compared to any other hero/villain, whilst he also has more HP than any other character,. as long as having one of the highest staminas to boot. Every other hero/villain has a trade off, they may do high damage, but they have low stamina and/or low HP. Others do lower damage, but either have high HP, higher stamina or are greatly more mobile. Anakin has none of those trade-offs that every other character does.

    Teams with Anakins can be beaten, but it is not easy. You must have a good team who are always working as a team to have a chance. However if you get a light side team with Anakin with the same level of skill and team work as the dark side, the dark side team has greatly reduced chances of winning as a result.

    Hence my view is Anakin needs some tweaking to reduce some of his abilities, be they offensive or defensive. If not then you need to buff a number of the other characters.

    Leaving Anakin as is will, in my opinion, hurt a number of modes in this game in the long run.

    All of that you typed is irrelevant because for the millionth time we are talking about how his powers have ruined GALACTIC ASSAULT.
Sign In or Register to comment.