criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Clone Commando Community Transmission
September Community Calendar

Capital Supremacy CT+ first reactions to CT release thread

Prev13
Mighty_Sarlacc
618 posts Member
edited March 22
Post your reactions below!
I'm the sarlacc that ate Boba Fett. I wish I hadn't because he was a favorite by many fans and an underdeveloped character.

Check out my concepts of a Coruscant Community Transmission Here:

https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/131088/coruscant-community-transmission-concept#latest
Post edited by Mighty_Sarlacc on

Replies

• I hope you are right. When I read the thread title I have to say I was a little frightened LOL
  • mastery0ta wrote: »
    I hope you are right. When I read the thread title I have to say I was a little frightened LOL

That was the idea lmao. They are great guys tho
    I'm the sarlacc that ate Boba Fett. I wish I hadn't because he was a favorite by many fans and an underdeveloped character.

https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/131088/coruscant-community-transmission-concept#latest
  • We can only hope. I'm personally hoping for that lightsaber combat CT as well.
    Heroes are born on the battlefront... especially if you play the objective.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • Well BATTLEFIELD V Chapter 4 & 5 Road Map is "supposedly" tomorrow. Let's just make it a DICE-tastic Friday please.
  • We can only hope. I'm personally hoping for that lightsaber combat CT as well.

For sure man, personally I want the game mode one first, but I wouldn't mind getting the lightsaber one also.

• BoothStick wrote: »
    Well BATTLEFIELD V Chapter 4 & 5 Road Map is "supposedly" tomorrow. Let's just make it a DICE-tastic Friday please.

*inhales*

I really hope it's today

• EA_Tom wrote: »
    Reading the topic title I dreaded what I would find in here.. but all good :D

Community Transmission is dropping soon.

Oh man!! Thank you Tom! :)

Hell yes! Can't come soon enough my friend.
  • Chico
    414 posts Member
    Soon means tomorrow in case anyone is wondering. Jay has announced this on twitter today:

Jay Ingram (Charlemagne)
    @JayKingIngram
    Blog and CT locked in for tomorrow. Subject: New mode.
  • DarthJ
    6659 posts Member
    Chico wrote: »
    Soon means tomorrow in case anyone is wondering. Jay has announced this on twitter today:

Jay Ingram (Charlemagne)
    @JayKingIngram
    Blog and CT locked in for tomorrow. Subject: New mode.

They need to work on their definitions. Just say tomorrow instead of 'very soon'
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • Chico
    414 posts Member
    They need to work on their definitions. Just say tomorrow instead of 'very soon'[/quote]

Ridiculous really when Tom is saying soon on one platform and Jay is being specific on another.
  • Woohoo! Can’t wait for tomorrow morning

• I thought I'd read 'a P45' or something of the like

Can you confirm if this week's CT is indeed about the Saber Combat Rework?

Much appreciated.

Thanks dude! We are excited!
  • I’m going to turn this thread into a Titan Mode reaction thread/first thoughts to prepare for tomorrow’s CT

• What time do you guys think we’re getting the CT?

• The mid morning. Seems to be a standard time.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • What time do you guys think we’re getting the CT?

Probably evening EST time
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

• GALACTIC ASSAULT 2.0

Geonosis only to start.
    *More maps to come soon.
    20v20

Blast/Ewok Hunt to control command posts.
    (Cut Scene)
    Starfighter Assault to take out shields.
    (Cut Scene)
    Strike to place detonite charges.
    (Cut Scene)

Victory/Defeat Cut Scene
  • Moojammin_10
    2219 posts Member
    edited March 21
    I am just pleading to be pleasantly surprised. Ben said on Twitter it was worth the wait . . I fear the only community that will like it are the Reddit bunch but .... I hope so ... I really really really hope so.
  • I am just pleading to be pleasantly surprised. Ben said on Twitter it was worth the wait . . I fear the only community that will like it are the Reddit bunch but .... I hope so ... I really really really hope so.

This is this game's last chance for me personally, I really hope it blows our minds and its at least 2 eras.
  • I am cautiously optimistic.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png

As am i

I am firmly pessimistic. Even more room to be pleasantly surprised for a change. :D
    If there isn't seamless ground to air combat I'll cry. We've been asking for it since 2015, it was done in 2006 BF2.

I don't want cutscenes or random ships, lets flying be an essential part of the mode, preferably you can climb into a ship take off and battle in the skies as well as on the ground in the same mode.

If you can't fly well, then learn dammit. Star Wars is ground and flying based people!!!

The great thing about a mode like that is even if you are bad or don't enjoy flying, you can stick to ground combat. That's the appeal of the mode. You get open battlefield combat, close quarter combat, and flight combat all in one.

Any update on the CT for lightsaber combat? HvV players are more concerned with that aspect of the update and haven't heard anything about it yet. Thanks in advance. @EA_Tom @EA_Charlemagne
  • I'm going in with low expectations, because I have a feeling if I go in with moderate-high expectations I will be disappointed. My expectations:

-Just 1 map on release, Geonosis
    -Ship interiors are pretty small
    -The troop transports aren't pilotable, will be a cutscene of troopers loading in and out of the troop transport

It's just sad that this will probably be the case

more than 9 months of work for 1 map and 1 era ... SHAMEFUL
  • Peepzilla
    935 posts Member
    edited March 21
    I'm going in with low expectations, because I have a feeling if I go in with moderate-high expectations I will be disappointed. My expectations:

-The troop transports aren't pilotable, will be a cutscene of troopers loading in and out of the troop transport

It's just sad that this will probably be the case

more than 9 months of work for 1 map and 1 era ... SHAMEFUL

The ceiling for "best expectation" of this update should be two PT maps. If anyone has expectations past that, can't wait to read the rage threads next week.
  • Peepzilla wrote: »
    EA_Tom wrote: »

Any update on the CT for lightsaber combat? HvV players are more concerned with that aspect of the update and haven't heard anything about it yet. Thanks in advance. @EA_Tom @EA_Charlemagne

Same here. I'm more concerned about the saber combat rework than the new mode.
  • I hope it's like Geonosis as in being more open. I'm tired of choke point and choke point and spawn kill farmfest because your team sucks. At least with Geo a bad team that makes it to phase 2 has a chance to do something, even though I feel there's not enough players for the size of the map. I hope it's 30 v 30 but I'm pretty sure it's the standard 20 v 20 like GA which will be a bummer but still hopeful. Keep your expectations low though. I don't wanna get excited to be let down, again.
  • TheScape
    2236 posts Member
    I'm going in with low expectations, because I have a feeling if I go in with moderate-high expectations I will be disappointed. My expectations:

I want to be optimistic because there is a lot of potential, but I'm going in with low expectations, too. More or less the same you have. I prefer to not expect much and then be surprised with more than one map or pilotable transports.
    May your heart be your guiding key.
  • I just hope it brings me back to battlefront. I don't want cut scene until the match ends and of course the beginning.

I don't think the capital ships will be in space. But I want to be able to get in a laat fly to a command post pick up two squads fly into a ship drop off the clones fly out pick up a obi and 3 more clones and get some gunners fly to the next command post blast it up drop of the Jedi general and clones to capture it then get shot down and respawn. Also I want the droids to have a ship that can hold troops also to take a big ship.
    Also I hope after all the command post been captured that there is still fighting on the ground. How awesome would it be if there are some droids on the ground running for their fighters and swoop down blasting their fighters right before they take off. Or fighting inside of two capital ships at once! Half the team trying to hold a strong defence the other attacking the other ship.

But I digress. I know I will play about 3 to 4 games and then complain about large scale offline and how this new mode is broken. Or it will be broken because of anikan even when he is on my side because half of the other team will just back out.

SMH. I have no hope. Oh well.
  • GeneralVeers00
    43 posts Member
    edited March 22
    lolol
    Post edited by GeneralVeers00 on
  • Does anybody know when we are getting the CT even if at all?? Because we were supposed to have it last week and it got delayed to this week and the week is almost over and we still don't have it?? I have waited since Monday of this week for the CT and it still is not here. If we still are getting the CT it had better not be tomorrow because that is just plain bull. It should have been here 6 months ago!

Are you trolling? The topic title and many replies within clearly state it's coming tomorrow. The source was Ben Walke on Twitter.
  • Peepzilla wrote: »
    Does anybody know when we are getting the CT even if at all?? Because we were supposed to have it last week and it got delayed to this week and the week is almost over and we still don't have it?? I have waited since Monday of this week for the CT and it still is not here. If we still are getting the CT it had better not be tomorrow because that is just plain bull. It should have been here 6 months ago!

Are you trolling? The topic title and many replies within clearly state it's coming tomorrow. The source was Ben Walke on Twitter.

Also, jay confirmed it.

• Well, DICE has had almost a year to work on the New Mode, so I’m really hoping that it’s worth it. jay ingram said out of a 10 this update is a 9. He said this is basically the best thing to come to the game

• I (we) will be the judge of that. Heard lots of self praise before just to do have bugs galore or a broken mechanic.

True

• I (we) will be the judge of that. Heard lots of self praise before just to do have bugs galore or a broken mechanic.

perfectly said.

these devs praised themselves for adding a character that was designed to be OP...

tenor.gif?itemid=6108519
  • "I've found that if you have high expectations, they might not be met. But if you don't have any, then you're never disappointed. And I gotta tell you...it feels phenomenal."
    Don't click unless you want to know the truth....
  • Speculation.

*gets pushed back at the end of next month*
  • Tommorrow shall be a day long remembered. If in infamy or greatness we will soon know
  • 5w09t8et8lkx.png

We shall see indeed...
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • 5w09t8et8lkx.png

We shall see indeed...

Great gif ahaha