criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

Capital Supremacy CT+ first reactions to CT release thread

13Next

Replies

• Let’s hope in a few minutes
    I'm the sarlacc that ate Boba Fett. I wish I hadn't because he was a favorite by many fans and an underdeveloped character.

Check out my concepts of a Coruscant Community Transmission Here:

https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/131088/coruscant-community-transmission-concept#latest
  • They said elsewhere it’ll be up in a few minutes
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • il96
    554 posts Member
    When is it coming? This is getting a little odd

ill wager 1:00 eastern
    PS4 ButtersEgo96
  • c6rp29ttlbpz.png
    It'll come eventually.
    Heroes are born on the battlefront... especially if you play the objective.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • 284 members and 246 guests and climbing. Like a stadium filling up before the big game.
    #StarWars-y
  • It’s up. Just read it. What’s everyone’s thoughts?
    I'm the sarlacc that ate Boba Fett. I wish I hadn't because he was a favorite by many fans and an underdeveloped character.

https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/131088/coruscant-community-transmission-concept#latest
  • Liz4rD
    996 posts Member
    Ok, today is TOMORROW (I saw the first posts saying 'CT Tomorrow' written yesterday), and NOW is the afternoon.

So...where is my friggin Community Transmission?

FTLOG

¬¬

where?
    #StarWars-y
  • Liz4rD
    996 posts Member
    600+ ppl ONLINE waiting...
  • TheScape
    2225 posts Member
    I am not sure what to think... It is as @DarthJ predicted, so no surprises there, but I am not sure on the last phase. I guess we'll have to see once we play it, but it seems like the match could be stuck on a loop of capital ship > planet > capital ship.
    I also don't know how I feel about only clone wars. Does this mean we won't be getting the mode for other eras? Does this mean that the CIS will have a hard time with Anakin defending? Is it me or there was 0 mention about the planets?
    At least, there is AI. This was a nice surprise, to be sure.
    May your heart be your guiding key.

giphy.gif

“Pessimism never won any battle.”
    -Dwight D. Eisenhower

“Heroes may not be braver than anyone else. They’re just braver five minutes longer.”
    -Ronald Reagan
  • One map
    20v20
    No player controlled transports

Mother Flipping AI included to inflate the player count
    cbyxnyww1j2x.jpeg
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • DarthJ
    6461 posts Member
    TheScape wrote: »
    I am not sure what to think... It is as @DarthJ predicted, so no surprises there, but I am not sure on the last phase. I guess we'll have to see once we play it, but it seems like the match could be stuck on a loop of capital ship > planet > capital ship.
    I also don't know how I feel about only clone wars. Does this mean we won't be getting the mode for other eras? Does this mean that the CIS will have a hard time with Anakin defending? Is it me or there was 0 mention about the planets?
    At least, there is AI. This was a nice surprise, to be sure.

Yeah....1 map only. I pretty much predicted it!
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • Just don't know what to say.
    #StarWars-y
  • Liz4rD
    996 posts Member
    Well, more content, but honestly not enough and far below some optimistic expectations.
  • ross42899
    1472 posts Member
    The mode itself sounds fun and interesting, but it will probably get boring very soon as it's only one map and one era. I love SA & Extraction but both modes have become boring because of the lack of maps. The new mode will not be any different unfortunately. I'm really hoping they are planing to add some more maps to this mode later on.
  • WoW what a Epic Fail
  • I could cry. But I'm not surprised. I've gone from having little interest but an appreciation of clone wars era to literally hating it. It's ruined my interest in need this game.

Let's see how it plays but I play BF about once a week right now. I can't see this making a huge difference.

What annoys me is they seem so proud of themselves
  • Idk how I feel either. They’ve been working on this mode for almost a year and they only have a single map.

• Jett_Fett_91166
    3523 posts Member
    edited March 22
    So is it a larger Geonosis map with less players than the GA map? No star fighter content.... again? So this is just going to be a smaller version of GA with choke points and hero spam. Just great. Will wait to see how it plays on the 26th, if it is not delayed again, and then decide.
    #StarWars-y
  • Wow it is actually what I expected: "not a surprise to be sure and not a welcome one"
  • Nerf anakin.
    Make Maul great again.
  • I'm hoping it's good. I'll give it a shot, but I think it needs more maps and starfighters. I am excited though, for sure. This game isn't dead yet.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • DarthJ wrote: »
    Not to rain on peoples parade, but I think some expectations are MASSIVELY high. Seamless ground to air, with 20v20? capital ship crashing and becoming a capture point? Really? Maybe I am too pessimistic with what has gone on in the previous 2 games.

I expect a cutscene style mode, similar to the Death Star DLC mode from BF15. I expect:

- 1 map - Geonosis
    - Starts off with conquest or supremacy style mode. Capture points up to a 1,000 points like Battlefield, or supremacy-esque with 1 point being fought over by both teams, with push backs etc. I would rather conquest out the 2 - as much as I liked supremacy, it was imbalanced at times and ended with walkovers in a lot of games. With this games team balancing it would probably be worse.
    - Once this part is done, cutscene hits with winning team being shown a scene of them on a troop ship and landing on the opposition capital ship.
    - 2nd phase is in the enemies capital ship, with 3-4 objectives to destroy for the invading team in order to bring the ship down.

That would suck, but you're probably right.
  • DarthJ
    6461 posts Member
    It's 2015's Battle Station mode 2.0. It sounds fun enough, but only one map means I won't even be playing it much in a week or two...

However, I'm just going to say that I find it incredibly sad that DICE can't even properly replicate a game mode they themselves invented in Battlefield 2142 back in 2006 anymore. Why bother trying to make it again when the transition between ground combat and ship boarding is just a cutscene? The whole draw was that it was seamless and players had to transport themselves to the enemy ship. You could have simply used all this time to make the classic conquest mode on multiple maps instead, and added it to arcade mode like myself and many others have literally been begging you to do for over a year.

The handful of people who are still making content for this game are doing a thankless job, new content is appreciated and I'm sure this will be fun for what it is so I'm sorry for the negativity, but I sincerely hope they don't expect thanks when they just so adamantly don't care to listen to us. I think this pretty much confirms that there won't be much other content added to the game either. It's just so insubstantial for how long they have hyped it up and delayed it. Best guess is they are dropping it in a few months, I wouldn't get my hopes up for any more real major additions going forward. I wish I weren't so disappointed, but I am.

Great comment, agree completely.

I think this is the home straight for this game.
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • Yeah, I’ve got a bad feeling about this

• t8psr4ewqsfi.png

And yet....

4y5ejl4anve3.png
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • JustinReade
    527 posts Member
    edited March 22
    I appreciate the effort in giving us a new game mode. Sincerely.

However, my thoughts:

1. One era and one map. I really don't see how we are supposed to enjoy ourselves in the long-term, being confined to the same area (and era) over and over again. It is why Extraction is so frustrating. They need to include variety. I suppose if we remain positive and supportive, they will reward us with another map?

2. Cutscene. Need I say more? What is the hang-up in having us board multiple unoccupied ships and individually flying into the body of a capital ship? The cut-scenes from Battle Station were really poor, and actually flickered and were inartfully executed.

3. Heroes. I avoided Supremacy in BF15 because I'm tired of having heroes run around and rack up 8923703 kills. I was hoping this was more akin to Turning Point, where it was a large scale infantry mode.

I look forward to playing this and having my expectations altered, but I am unfortunately disappointed. I don't want to be. But I am.
  • I'm going in with low expectations, because I have a feeling if I go in with moderate-high expectations I will be disappointed. My expectations:

-Just 1 map on release, Geonosis
    -Ship interiors are pretty small
    -The troop transports aren't pilotable, will be a cutscene of troopers loading in and out of the troop transport

Well, I nailed it exactly.
  • Draxin
    205 posts Member
    We're not good boyos...
    Hi.
  • I'm going in with low expectations, because I have a feeling if I go in with moderate-high expectations I will be disappointed. My expectations:

-The troop transports aren't pilotable, will be a cutscene of troopers loading in and out of the troop transport

Wow, you really did

• What is this a pagan cult?
    You can learn to be patient only if it's something good, this isn't something good.
    The time has come at last, to throw away this mask...
  • Tatsumaki wrote: »
    What is this a pagan cult?
    You can learn to be patient only if it's something good, this isn't something good.

No it isn't... It isn't.. this is awful.....just awful.. I am spreading my displeasure and anger across as much of this forum as I can with this debacle of an announcement. Clone ******* wars ???.. CLONE ****** WARS??? One map? Restricted content when we have no choice as no other eras are represented. ******* Joke. I am so so so so so so furious with this developer right now.
  • Utter waste of time and resources.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • Tomm3hgunn
    420 posts Member
    edited March 23
    I'm going in with low expectations, because I have a feeling if I go in with moderate-high expectations I will be disappointed. My expectations:

We don't know what the ship interiors are like though. They did say it's big enough for a 40v40 in them .