criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Staff Strikes, an Underrated Ability (Everything You Need to Know!)

PlayersPurity
357 posts Member
edited March 22
Captain Phasma's Staff Strikes have been said to be one of the game's worst abilities, which in my opinion is not used correctly by most of the players. Of course it has its weaknesses and strengths, (Especially now when the glitch is around) but using it in the right way will make your amazed. (At least I hope it will)

Yes, the ability has been at worst state after its first nerf which removed the knock down effect from the first two strikes, but recently it has been buffed to hit the first two strikes even faster, possibly as fast as a melee attack. (Not quite sure though) The last strike will still hit slow, but the damage makes up for it.

First Strike: 160 (Troopers) 120 (Heroes)
Second Strike: 190 (Troopers) 150 (Heroes)
Last Strike: 220 (Troopers) 200 (Heroes)

The last strike will actually hit twice; before the knock down and after which makes the damage up to 400! (500 if a certain star card equipped)

In total all the strikes deal 790 (Troopers) 670 (Heroes) - by default it'll FHK all blaster heroes.
And with the star card 890 (Troopers) 770 (Heroes) - It'll FHK all lightsaber heroes expect Anakin.

Now about the lunge; at first it's really small, but after landing the first strike it'll be automatic as in my experience.

Now let's move onto some tactics:
Tactic 1: Surprise
rapdymjejoeg.gif
This may be one of the easiest tactics to use the ability and it's pretty fun to be honest. (For the player of course) As a Phasma main I usually start the matches by walking behind the team and surprising one of it's members. In this case Han as you can see from the clip above. He/She had no idea I was about to surprise him/her.
Tactic 2: Strike back!
9iiki5t5d89d.gif
Or:
1ftp02wo28q9.gif
This might be harder than the first one as you need to know when to use the ability in a situation like these. (Especially against Anakin) When against lightsaber users this tactic needs training and rolling is the most effective way to proceed. DO NOT strike while the enemy is hitting you or else it won't work very well. My point is that you need to get behind the enemy and confuse him by using the strikes. Of course there is a tactic where you roll and hit and continue the same route until the enemy dies. The droid can be helpful in this situation as it'll stun the enemy which makes you easier to strike.

Against troopers? The fact it'll OHK every class except heavy and reinforcements makes the ability powerful, but you need to use it carefully. Example don't go against a group of players or else you'll get melted down by them, unless you know what you're doing.

Anyway my point is to not underestimate Phasma as a hero as she has this deadly ability, maybe even greater than Anakin's fourth one. No wonder why the strikes are hard to hit as they're powerful than ever.

Ps. The last strike can knock down Anakin while he's performing Heroic Might. :wink:

Current Topics:
Staff Strike Guide
An Ideal Luke Buff

cggn8altuzp0.png
PSN / Twitter: PlayersPurity

❝ ʜᴏᴘᴇ ɪꜱ ɴᴏᴛ ʟᴏꜱᴛ ᴛᴏᴅᴀʏ. ɪᴛ ɪꜱ ꜰᴏᴜɴᴅ. ❞
- Leia Organa

#BunsForBattlefront

Post edited by PlayersPurity on

Replies

• But what about in GA
  • Probably in GA still only best to use on a couple of troops. Definitely not at a large group unless you’re flanking.
    Heroes are born on the battlefront... especially if you play the objective.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • MammasBoy wrote: »
    But what about in GA

In GA you can easily OHK troopers except heavy and reinforcements. But don't go against a large group or else they may melt you down.
    Current Topics:
    Staff Strike Guide
    An Ideal Luke Buff

cggn8altuzp0.png

- Leia Organa

#BunsForBattlefront

• MammasBoy wrote: »
    But what about in GA

In GA you can easily OHK troopers except heavy and reinforcements. But don't go against a large group or else they may melt you down.

Exactly.
    Heroes are born on the battlefront... especially if you play the objective.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • So I edited the topic a bit:
    Added details about the lunge and how to use against troopers.
    Current Topics:
    Staff Strike Guide
    An Ideal Luke Buff

cggn8altuzp0.png

- Leia Organa

#BunsForBattlefront

• love this thread. A+.

Phasma continues to be underrated, even beside the current glitch. peeps just wanna put on blinders and call everyone but their fave glowstick waver "trash"
    PSN: computerson
  • Only works against trash opposition, Melee attack for a DISTANCE character everything is said. I'd pick Shoulder Charge over this troll ability any day anytime.
  • Only works against trash opposition, Melee attack for a DISTANCE character everything is said. I'd pick Shoulder Charge over this troll ability any day anytime.

Your choice.
    Current Topics:
    Staff Strike Guide
    An Ideal Luke Buff

cggn8altuzp0.png

- Leia Organa

#BunsForBattlefront

• love this thread. A+.

Phasma continues to be underrated, even beside the current glitch. peeps just wanna put on blinders and call everyone but their fave glowstick waver "trash"

Although her blaster is considered to be one of the weakest in the game you can get very decent kills with it. They underestimate the whole character.
    Current Topics:
    Staff Strike Guide
    An Ideal Luke Buff

cggn8altuzp0.png

- Leia Organa

#BunsForBattlefront

• love this thread. A+.

Although her blaster is considered to be one of the weakest in the game you can get very decent kills with it. They underestimate the whole character.

It is not considered to be one of the weakest. It has actually been proven to be one of the worst (the worst of all heroes without any competition), no room for considerations, only facts.
    Manages to make an emotional thread crying for Luke buffs who is in a way better spot than Phasma but also manages to post at the same time such nonsense.

What does underrated even mean ? She's not actually bad and not in need of huge buffs ? If yes, totally laughable and already debunked before the existence of this thread. If no, then i see even less the point of posting something like that.
  • love this thread. A+.

i agree, if you have good aim her blaster hits at a good enough rate to drain a hero significantly. it takes a bit getting used to, especially with the secondary scope, but if you're a good shot you can melt peeps. also survivor is a top notch ability

• computerson
    303 posts Member
    edited March 22
    Only works against trash opposition, Melee attack for a DISTANCE character everything is said. I'd pick Shoulder Charge over this troll ability any day anytime.

i like shoulder charge just fine but OP is right about timing the staff strikes imo

i like shoulder charge just fine but OP is right about timing the staff strikes imo

Shoulder Charge can damage villains even though they're blocking. :wink:
    Current Topics:
    Staff Strike Guide
    An Ideal Luke Buff

cggn8altuzp0.png

- Leia Organa

#BunsForBattlefront