criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Gamescom 2019 Triple XP
Community Transmission

HvV Spawning

xJstarx00
499 posts Member
edited March 23
As we know the game mode Heroes Vs Villains needs a lot of work though I'd like to add something, why isn't there buddy spawning like there is in GA, one problem with Heroes Vs Villains is teams not being together which just gives an easy win to the other team but part of the problem is the spawns. Currently if you die you get separated from your team and have to get back to the group but if multiple people die then everyone is separated and when a new target is selected they're all alone, if we have buddy spawning like in GA as long as your teammate isn't in combat you can spawn on them enabling you to group up much faster and easier, im unsure if this has been talked about already or not but yeah that is my thoughts on how to fix spawns at least.

Replies

• If you stick together, chances are, you'll be the better team. Shouldn't award teams that can't fight together... Spawning is fine.
    My youtube channel Star Wars Battlefront, Battlefield 4 etc gameplay https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCF4zDYJfLp_rvcKzALVEXHA?view_as=subscriber
  • If you stick together, chances are, you'll be the better team. Shouldn't award teams that can't fight together... Spawning is fine.

I agree, a team sticking together is good, but I disagree with spawning being fine... its hard to stick together when if your team dies during a team fight then the whole team is scattered because the spawns don't place everyone close together and then once a new target is selected they're alone, perhaps you could explain to me how you think the spawns are fine?
  • hosco33
    220 posts Member
    You're right xJstarx00, kevlegs1971 is always defending the game without even understanding.
  • I think you should have a partner spawn like in Battlefront 2015 only in HvV. You should be able to choose if you want to spawn next to your partner or default after you pick your hero [or villian]
    “The force is with me and I am one with the force. I fear nothing because everything is as the Force wills it to be.” -Chirrut Imwe
  • xJstarx00
    499 posts Member
    edited March 25
    hosco33 wrote: »
    You're right xJstarx00, kevlegs1971 is always defending the game without even understanding.

Oh alright thanks, glad im not the only one who thinks the spawning system needs looking at in HvV.
    Iceninja wrote: »
    I think you should have a partner spawn like in Battlefront 2015 only in HvV. You should be able to choose if you want to spawn next to your partner or default after you pick your hero [or villian]

Exactly, again just make it so if your team mate is in combat already you can't spawn on them but if they aren't in combat you should be able to spawn on them, I mean its already a thing in Galactic assault so I don't see the harm in having it in HvV.
  • hosco33 wrote: »

Am I? Ok, thanks for the heads up...

I'm off to do some understanding. :)
    My youtube channel Star Wars Battlefront, Battlefield 4 etc gameplay https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCF4zDYJfLp_rvcKzALVEXHA?view_as=subscriber
  • xJstarx00 wrote: »
    If you stick together, chances are, you'll be the better team. Shouldn't award teams that can't fight together... Spawning is fine.

I agree, a team sticking together is good, but I disagree with spawning being fine... its hard to stick together when if your team dies during a team fight then the whole team is scattered because the spawns don't place everyone close together and then once a new target is selected they're alone, perhaps you could explain to me how you think the spawns are fine?

I think it's fine as It's the same for both sides. No advantage or disadvantage for either side. I feel that target runners or in Boba's case, flyers are more of a pain than the HvV spawn system.

If say there is only one person left and he becomes the target, hopefully he'll have the sense to run towards a target if possible and not just wait for others to join him. Or, kill yourself before the counter runs out and it'll choose a team mate away from the main enemy pack....hopefully.

My issue for spawning on your team mate.
    So you've let ur team mate know you want to spawn on him (either by mic if he's a friend or a notification if a random).

1. Does the person even want to leave combat for you to spawn ? If yes then you're sorted. If not. Go to 2.

2. Choose another team mate. Wait for him to leave the combat area. Does the enemy give chase and keep him in the combat area? If no then you're sorted. If yes go back to 2.

If you get straight in then fine but if you start waiting for people to leave the combat area for you it may have been quicker just to spawn , run and flank the target.

You'll just get a prolonged battle or siege in a room where a coordinated team with mics will just ***** out the room, team spawn and head back in.

I'll play either way and win or lose as usual. I just don't think it's needed but as Hosco33 said, apparently I'm just defending the game and don't understand. lol (Thanks for following my posts though Hosco ;) )
  • xJstarx00
    499 posts Member
    edited March 25
    xJstarx00 wrote: »
    If you stick together, chances are, you'll be the better team. Shouldn't award teams that can't fight together... Spawning is fine.

I think it's fine as It's the same for both sides. No advantage or disadvantage for either side. I feel that target runners or in Boba's case, flyers are more of a pain than the HvV spawn system.

If say there is only one person left and he becomes the target, hopefully he'll have the sense to run towards a target if possible and not just wait for others to join him. Or, kill yourself before the counter runs out and it'll choose a team mate away from the main enemy pack....hopefully.

So you've let ur team mate know you want to spawn on him (either by mic if he's a friend or a notification if a random).

1. Does the person even want to leave combat for you to spawn ? If yes then you're sorted. If not. Go to 2.

2. Choose another team mate. Wait for him to leave the combat area. Does the enemy give chase and keep him in the combat area? If no then you're sorted. If yes go back to 2.

If you get straight in then fine but if you start waiting for people to leave the combat area for you it may have been quicker just to spawn , run and flank the target.

You'll just get a prolonged battle or siege in a room where a coordinated team with mics will just **** out the room, team spawn and head back in.

I'll play either way and win or lose as usual. I just don't think it's needed but as Hosco33 said, apparently I'm just defending the game and don't understand. lol (Thanks for following my posts though Hosco ;) )

I think you're missing the point I am making, I just think having the option there to either spawn on your teammate or just spawn like default is a good thing, here is an example on how it could be used: Your buddy spawns in after being the first one to die in a team fight and once more of your team dies they can all spawn on that buddy and be regrouped before another fight starts instead of having to possibly run across the whole map to regroup.

Now if they just sit in the spawn menu and wait for their team to get out of combat its their fault, as for the leaving the room and letting their team spawn I don't see the problem with that... they managed to do that through coordination or because one was smart enough to think of that but its also leaving the team the player is leaving at a possible disadvantage, its not like the game will count them as out of combat instantly either and if an enemy follows them that stops the player from letting his team spawn on him.
  • The spawn system does scatter teams far too much, making it difficult to even reach a target in time. And being alone is a death sentence, of course.
  • brienj
    680 posts Member
    edited March 27
    xJstarx00 wrote: »

You'll just get a prolonged battle or siege in a room where a coordinated team with mics will just **** out the room, team spawn and head back in.

Anakin has made having to run, or fly as you put it, more than before. He can easily kill Boba if he gets close to him and isn't busy fighting anyone. The point of the game is to win, so how is Boba flying out of Retribution and Pull range, which is ridiculously too far, something to complain about? If people don't want Boba to run, then decrease the pull range and decrease the Retribution range, and give Boba more health. Anakin is actually the only person on the Light Side I will run from if I am the target with Boba. I actively chase the target on the other team when I am the target as Boba, but only chase Anakin if my team is actually putting pressure on him. But if you have to keep chasing Boba, then tell your teammates to quit picking Anakin.
  • Phyrebrat
    823 posts Member
    edited March 27
    It’s annoying - and i think untenable on geonosis - but no amount of respawn hand-holding will counter what @kevlegs1971 has said about dim teammates.

There are far too many instances to remember when I’ve spawned in at the beginning of the game and one person has just dashed off gung-ho before we even know who’s the target! And then repeatedly died and run in to try and win 1 vs many.

If they reduced the size of Geonosis and selected more appropriate spawn in areas I’d be satisfied.

As it is, there’s little incentive in winning HvV as the credit payout whilst okay. Just sits on your account as there is nothing to buy with them. I see HvV mostly as a chance for upgrading heroes and hitting milestones.

The thing that’s most wrong with HvV isn’t the spawn in, but it seems that way with poor players. Anakin has further muddied the waters but I’ve still had a lot of good matches (and I’m an awful HvV player!)

pH
  • DCDT
    156 posts Member
    After one target is defeated, everybody should respawn back at the starting positions.
  • DCDT wrote: »
    After one target is defeated, everybody should respawn back at the starting positions.

No. It's kills flow. At least respawn at starting postions needs another mode, like "hunting" or smthg