criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar

Capital Supremacy - Hung State

Replies

• So we are getting another update in the coming days - any chance you guys can keep it under 5GB ?
  • This is happening to me every time I try to get in a game of CS. I play on PC. Hopefully you guys will get a fix out for it soon.

Meanwhile as I try to join CS and don't get in because of this bug:
    i0rwicbwxu4v.jpg
    “I find that answer vague and unconvincing.” – K-2SO
    "In my book, experience outranks everything." - Captain Rex
  • Is it fixed yet?
    #StarWars-y
  • Is it fixed yet?

Not sure, I haven't tried to get in CS today. I haven't heard or seen anything from EA/Dice.
  • Is it fixed yet?

Not sure, I haven't tried to get in CS today. I haven't heard or seen anything from EA/Dice.

According to F8rge, they are still working on a fix so CS is still broken.
    #StarWars-y
  • Lee1981
    1998 posts Member
    Is it fixed yet?
    On PS4 no it isn’t, just been trying to get into a game and it’s still the same
  • Couldn't play last night but had 2 games this morning (lost connection after the first one though). On ps4

Anyway, i must say i had fun, hope this mode gets some expansion
  • Nice!! for now I'm able to spawn and play supremacy smile: I didn't update or do any thing on my end, looks like the bug is fixed. I hope it's working for everyone! Thanks F8RGE the update looks awesome
  • @F8RGE

Just a thought. Maybe remove the ability to spawn into a game coming out of a cut scene until you can resolve the issue?
  • Also, I was just in a lobby waiting for 19 more players and got kicked back to the main menu.

Xbox
  • Immediately tried finding a match again, found a match counting down to start, spawned in as officer, got to see the Separatist spawn area from 1st person view for about 2 seconds, then kicked out of game back to main menu. Xbox

@F8RGE
  • I got a match and a half in this morning before getting the blue screen error. Next attempt and I got the unable to select a trooper. Next attempt, got past the opening cinematics then bounced back to the main menu before we could move while stuck in first person view (I always use 3rd person). Done for the day. Got better ways to spend my time.
  • Is it fixed yet?

According to F8rge, they are still working on a fix so CS is still broken.

Yeah, just saw that on @F8RGE 's twitter page. Also said they were making other tweaks...
  • Tigzee
    258 posts Member
    This is happening every game. Once I choose to play Capital Supremacy...I then get to choose a character within the faction. I sometimes get taken from there to the spawn... but there it now kicks me straight out. EVERY GAME!! Cannot play this mode anymore. It has been badly bugged around getting in. Either this or lots of players just get stuck together in a lobby unable to move. When you look at the scoreboard you can see everyone mulling about with ZERO scores.....some leaving ....some joining.
  • tried to enter Capital Supremacy three times in a row just getting dumped into lobby that never starts
  • Tigzee
    258 posts Member
    I'm getting thrown out each time ....just as I spawn with the team on Geonosis.
  • I experienced this multiple times last night. Forced to quit out and attempt again. Fortunately for me, it was good after the second or third time. Definitely frustrating.
  • "Less than common" 😂

So, not only are you guys incompetent, evasive and petty; you're also the born liars we've all been saying you are for a year and a half now...

Wow.
  • Paljo
    17 posts Member
    “Less than commom”, i only was able to enter a game once today. Yesterday 8 tries, no luck. To me that is a lot.
  • Jealyh
    111 posts Member
    We all know you don't test your updates at all, if this is because you don't want to, don't have enough people or whatever I don't care. Either invite players to test everything for you before you release it worldwide, or preferably: give up the Star Wars license so someone who knows what they're doing and understands what people want can get a shot at saving this doomed franchise.

Thanks

Even if you fix this problem you're guaranteed to cause another game-breaking problem somewhere else, it's honestly incredible.
  • Guessing there has not been a patch for this yet? I couldn't get in a single match last night, really want to try this mode tonight.
  • mathxlrose wrote: »
    We're only PS4 players with this issue?

same on xbox one
  • DarthJ
    6758 posts Member
    Mystical wrote: »
    Guessing there has not been a patch for this yet? I couldn't get in a single match last night, really want to try this mode tonight.

Still not working for me
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • I just tried to get on an hour ago and got booted off immediately.
  • Well, here we go again.... No CS tonight i guess.

Btw, any other ps4's that start going in overdrive when trying to start a game?
  • Jealyh wrote: »
    We all know you don't test your updates at all, if this is because you don't want to, don't have enough people or whatever I don't care. Either invite players to test everything for you before you release it worldwide, or preferably: give up the Star Wars license so someone who knows what they're doing and understands what people want can get a shot at saving this doomed franchise.

Thanks

Even if you fix this problem you're guaranteed to cause another game-breaking problem somewhere else, it's honestly incredible.

zmazvx13g8i9.jpg
  • Still broken!! what a mess can't spawn, can't select any damn thing just sitting in the lobby wasting time.
  • mathxlrose wrote: »

Nope. Xbox player here. Fine yesterday. Today the fifth time after a round of GA it worked. Took a break to go back and tried maybe 10 times and gave up.
  • i've encountered this 'Hung Issue' for the PC few hours ago
  • Still can’t get into this game mode. Pretty unhappy.
  • I can only play one match and when the next one starts.....buh bye. Xbox. Otherwise it's a fun mode.
    xJENARIx on XBOX and PS4
  • PS4 still can't get a game of CS. Since launch. Luckily I also have an Xbox and was able to play a couple rounds earlier today, but the PS4 is my main game unit and cannot play. Thanks again, Dice.
  • Beelzebubbles
    205 posts Member
    edited March 28
    F8RGE wrote: »
    We're currently tracking an issue which is causing players to become in a stuck state while trying to spawn in Capital Supremacy.

This seems to be happening when you join a game that is already underway. The 'hung' state tends to occur during the transition to the capital ships. Right now we believe this is a less than common occurrence.

More info when we have it, just wanted to give you a heads up that we are aware of this.

Its way past time that we got a full in depth apology from those ultimately responsible for this game!!!!!

I am sick of having to contend with the results of some of the most incompetent ***** in the gaming industry.

Lag fest after lag fest. Capital supremacy more like lag fest supremacy. Chronically imbalanced games and update after update that achieves nought in regard to fixing this!. Oh and the hundreds of bugs to boot.

We have been treat like paying ***** ginea pigs with this game from the get go.

My question ! Are these people trying to [REMOVED] as a gaming company???

Myself and many many others will not go anywhere near anything that they will be involved with now.

Battlefront 3!!! You've gotta be joking! After the pathetic way this game has been handled and delivered.

The people responsible for this catalogue of crap should never work in the industry again.

This game will only be remembered for its rank incompetence.

Dice/ EA Do not deserve a penny for this game never mind the premium rip off price tag they had the audacity to charge.

Edited to remove inappropriate comment ~Rtas
    Post edited by EA_Rtas on
  • E_ABZU
    479 posts Member
    @Beelzebubbles, you win the 100% correct award.

Do some research on which studios EA is shutting down and the over 1000 jobs that are being axed. It was just in the news the other day.

The reason won't surprise you.
  • Speedjack wrote: »
    mathxlrose wrote: »

same on xbox one

+PC
  • Tigzee
    258 posts Member
    "...less than a common occurance." ?? It's solid now on XBOX. I did manage to play a few games on Tuesday's launch. Then at circa 18:00 UTC the trouble started. Played maybe a game or two the following day. But now it is totally DEAD as of 18:00 UTC on 27th March 2019. No games on XBOX since. Crazy how this can happen to such a franchise by EA and DICE. Really heads should roll and then they should actually expand the QA department.
  • Tigzee
    258 posts Member
    "...less than a common occurance." ?? It's solid now on XBOX. I did manage to play a few games on Tuesday's launch. Then at circa 18:00 UTC the trouble started. Played maybe a game or two the following day. But now it is totally DEAD as of 18:00 UTC on 27th March 2019. No games on XBOX since. Crazy how this can happen to such a franchise by EA and DICE. Really heads should roll and then they should actually expand the QA department.
  • Keep getting booted. This is some another level of incompetence, months in the making, only to crash a few hours after launch? Holy crap.
  • Just did the update, and so far it won't connect out of the first 3 attempts. All I can do is bring up the scoreboard, then after awhile get booted back to menu with a 217 error.
  • Col_Burton
    53 posts Member
    edited March 28
    Haven't been able to play a game of CS yet. No matter which server I'm joining I have this issue. On PS4.
  • Col_Burton wrote: »
    Haven't been able to play a game of CS yet. No matter which server I'm joining I have this issue. On PS4.

Same exact thing for me. This is sadly now night #2 in a row (on xbox) for me and have not gotten past the squad select screen.

It just has us sitting in a room with red pipes forever. I really wanted to play this game mode ...
  • E_ABZU
    479 posts Member
    edited March 28
    I didn't write them down, but I got about 6 error codes, one after another. Can't connect to EA server, can't connect to EA, idle warning, check your Internet connection, and 2 others I've never seen but unfortunately passed them by quickly. And of course the boot to the main menu, frozen, can't pick unit......

I still cannot play the new mode and other modes are booting me as well, even when I'm active.
  • Lee1981
    1998 posts Member
    It is quite funny you have to admit
  • jonci
    1229 posts Member
    Actually don' touch it, since this mode started crashing n playing up, the other modes have no LAG.
  • DarthJ
    6758 posts Member
    Any fix?
  • gazzy_burns
    90 posts Member
    edited March 28
    Unfortunately it did this for the majority of the day for me yesterday. I'd like a game or two of it tonight as I won't be near my PS4 for a week now....

BTW - the only real issues I can see, once you get a game, are that the interior of the ships aren't complete (initially) on the cutscenes...so the crafts basically land in a grey box, then it flickers to what it should be...(a few other glitches with cutscene graphics re: landing in the enemy ships as well).
  • Lee1981
    1998 posts Member
    DarthJ wrote: »
    Any fix?
    Been playing on PS4 for the last hour and no issues, it was only the one game I was in it just seemed to go on for ever

I’ll try and join a new game now and see what happens
  • DarthJ
    6758 posts Member
    Lee1981 wrote: »
    Any fix?
    Been playing on PS4 for the last hour and no issues, it was only the one game I was in it just seemed to go on for ever

You UK based mate? And on the UK ping? Keep us posted!
  • Lee1981
    1998 posts Member
    Any fix?

Yes uk (London)

Just joined and played another match no problem

• DarthJ
    6758 posts Member
    Any fix?

Yes uk (London)

Just joined and played another match no problem

Ah legend

means I dont have to change my ping after work, cheers

Newcastle. First time I am thankful I am speaking to a Southerner :wink: