criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

New lightsaber changes are awfull

With the new changes to the lightsaber combat being that there is no stagger, when being attacked by multiple enemies you have absolutely no chance of survival since you have no stamina to block or attack and a lack of dodging ability. All I have seen so far is pure lightsaber spam, no strategy no skill. Why would you even bother not to spam when there is no counterplay whatsoever. These changes have compleatley ruined hvv bearing in mind it's the only game mode i play, have all heroes at 40 and previously enjoyed lightsaber combat.

What is the insentive to play strategically that when your attacking an opponent's block the only logical thing to to is hope they have less stamina than you and spam at their block until their guard breaks and hopefully you have enough stamina to even get in a few attacks if they haven't dodged out of the way or used a stunning ability on you.

At least with the old system when you were being ganked you had a chance to counterplay during the stagger frames to get a hit in or play an ability.

I really hope they improve upon the lightsaber changes quickly because the new combat has compleatley put me off playing my favourite main mode hvv for the time being. Out of all the changes they've made to lightsaber combat so far all the way back to the beta this is the worst 😣

Replies

• The servers are a little off in their tickrate, it seems. Give it a few more days and it may smooth out.

The changes are good and require more skill and planning. Blame the teammates for not protecting targets.

And, of course, the target system needs to go. It needs to be Hero Blast, and then you wont get pack-hunters coming after you every few minutes. :)
  • Iam out too.

I had so much fun playing HvV before the patch but now you cant really defend yourself against a group and even doding is limited now.

I feel like a sitting duck.

This is not smooth gameplay, it was before the patch but really not now...
  • Mouthrax
    522 posts Member
    edited March 27
    I completely agree, even the original stamina mechanic worked better than this.

I have also noticed that there's exploiters who have worked out how to play the system already by getting in a corner with block up and then waiting until an opponent gets bored waiting and begins smashing into the strongest part of their block, count the ticks and then spam back until they win 🙄 ...yes it works but it's utterly boring and not what this game should be about.
  • I also witnessed more wall hacks and running than I've ever seen in one night, not sure if it's just coincidence or if people are so annoyed with the new mechanics that they're making their own fun 🤔
  • I personally feel Light saber combat should not be about how fast you can spam that light saber. I agree with having Stamina Cost's to what you are doing in order for there to be some sort of skill. I don't agree with being staggered or stun locked, especially off multiple saber attacks at once. The old HVV system is and was flawed. Perhaps they should make further tweaks to the stamina costs to allow more fluid game play including more dodges I find 2 pretty stupid I think Dooku at least has 3.
  • The only thing that needs to happen now is buff the targets in some way so they're not so easily destroyed by these packs of 'autistic rage'. Remove the target system so that these autistic rage hunting packs aren't so encouraged to 3 / 4 vs 1 the target. I would also suggest removing or increasing the dodge limit. Give us a hero blast mode. 1 v 1 mode. something. Change hero showdown so I can keep my hero throughout cos I won't play that otherwise. I hate having to cycle through the others.
  • brienj
    690 posts Member
    crssquared wrote: »
    The only thing that needs to happen now is buff the targets in some way so they're not so easily destroyed by these packs of 'autistic rage'. Remove the target system so that these autistic rage hunting packs aren't so encouraged to 3 / 4 vs 1 the target. I would also suggest removing or increasing the dodge limit. Give us a hero blast mode. 1 v 1 mode. something. Change hero showdown so I can keep my hero throughout cos I won't play that otherwise. I hate having to cycle through the others.

That's pretty much how you win in HvV, your whole team rushes the other team, taking out one person at a time, that they see on their way to the target, and then take him out as a pack. There is no reason not to do that in HvV, as that's the quickest way to win.
  • I started to resort to the extremely annoying hiding places again. I get mad players, but at least I survive. If people are hating, then reverse the changes.
    “The force is with me and I am one with the force. I fear nothing because everything is as the Force wills it to be.” -Chirrut Imwe
  • In my experience, Kylo in particular, can just spam attacks indefinately and half of his swings still hit through block. I was even staggering from blocking this morning.
  • jonci
    1243 posts Member
    Iceninja wrote: »
    I started to resort to the extremely annoying hiding places again. I get mad players, but at least I survive. If people are hating, then reverse the changes.

Then why bother playing the mode if all you do is hide and spoil he game for the rest, its not their fault the mechanics are as they are, thats the developers.
  • Cane_danko
    1267 posts Member
    Kylo’s frenzy can attack through block. His block does not go on forever either. There is a list of how many blocks and swings a character can do without running out of stamina. Kylo can attack more than he can block though overall he is a pretty balanced character in regards to stamina usage. The main thing with kylo is don’t let yourself get to low because he will just frenzy through your block. Also, you cannot block while jumping and kylo can use his force powers while jumping so dodge more than you jump. Dodge is a very underutilized tool and you can dodge while blocking. Maneuver yourself behind your opponenet like this and they cannot block anything.