criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
August Community Calendar
Community Transmission

New lightsaber changes are fun!

It's a challenge, but a good one. You really have to think through your attacks and manage stamina and ability recharging.

I love it! Please don't change it, beyond any stamina tweaks you may see fit.

Replies

• Eh, the dodge limit needs to be increased or removed. That's my biggest issue with it currently.
  • I disagree 100%. This update encourages attack spamming for lightsabers because there is no penality for attacking while someone blocking.
    “The force is with me and I am one with the force. I fear nothing because everything is as the Force wills it to be.” -Chirrut Imwe
  • Iceninja wrote: »
    I disagree 100%. This update encourages attack spamming for lightsabers because there is no penality for attacking while someone blocking.

Block, then quickly counter to punish them. Dont take on more than one or two attackers.

Dodge back to open space, then dodge to the sides.

It takes practice. Im seeing excellent saber combat in HvV and HS the past two days. People are learning.

• Laser921
    1972 posts Member
    Its still broken dude, put on a stamina card and its still promotes button mashing
    Emotion yet Peace, Ignorance yet Knowledge, Passion yet Serenity, Chaos yet Harmony, Death yet the Force
  • Button mashing doesn’t take you far from what i have seen. Yeah rey can become a problem if you try and treat her like other saber users but i found i just don’t try to get into long drawn out fights with her (unless i am vader). Grevious is especially weak in terms of blocking but the extra strategy required in how to engage with him makes it really fun and satisfying when you play it correctly and dominate.
  • Laser921 wrote: »
    Its still broken dude, put on a stamina card and its still promotes button mashing

I found myself panicking at first, letting them hit my blade until they run out of stamina, but then I found that there are these windows of opportunity to dodge, riposte, etc . You have to get over the tendency to tighten up and over-protect, and try dodging back, side, or even straight into/past them.

Use obstacles to keep them from overwhelming you.

Ultimately, the target system in HvV needs to go, since it promotes pack-hunting and saber spam. Once it's Hero Blast, you'll see far more one-on-one and two-on-one combat scenarios.

I still want to say that sniping is "broken," but really, I'm just not a great sniper and I haven't wanted to put the effort into mastering it. Same goes with LS combat; it takes practice and planning.
  • Iceninja
    418 posts Member
    It is terrible because all it does it promote button mashing and block spam. It does help blaster hero’s though.
    “The force is with me and I am one with the force. I fear nothing because everything is as the Force wills it to be.” -Chirrut Imwe
  • Yep, target needs to go. Can't wait for a HB mode.