criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
August Community Calendar
Battle Point Event Heroes Unleashed

Lightsaber "rebalance" really sucks. Ill tell you why.

o0Soiled_Draws0o
24 posts Member
edited March 26
This has now turned into a who has more stamina match. As Vader, Im sitting there tanking anakin, rey, and obi wan. I some how manage to kill Rey. All the dodging and weaving, shutting off my lightsaber, in between dodges and gaining space, to let stamina re gen, leaving me wide open, just to have Rey come up with full stamina and smoke me like a fresh piece of brisket. While Im keeping the other 2 dirt merchants at bay. All I play is HVV.
Revert back to yesterday. It was fine as it was.
Im also not one of the block spammers. Theres ways to take em out. Just have to be crafty...
Also, the re arrangement on thebuttons for Anakin, wasnt asked for. Put that back too.
Why in the patch notes is heroic might now called heroic impact?
Nobody has said a word about that re wording....
I know this may come off as a bi** post, but madone, the lighsaber combat was fine as it was. Devs need to quit listening to the whine posts and stick to what is/ was/ working.
To fix the tareting system, if you become the target, like when it shows you are the next, if you kill youreself it counts as a loss.
Problem fixed.
Davdman SWG Kettemoor
XSoiled DrawsX X1

Replies

• Agree 100%. They tried to make lightsaber combat feel more realistic and in the process they ended up implementing more bugs than fixes. It's dumbfounding how a major corporation like EA and Dice can't get even the simplest of fixes done while the entire playerbase is asking for it. I bought this game on a sale and even so I'm still regretting the 10 euros I paid. Such a shame.
  • I personally really like the changes they did with the stamina and being unable to do anything once your out plus no stagger makes the combat feel much better to me and the system seems to favor people who don't just spam attacks which I like.

Although as @xXCodexXx said he has experienced a lot of bugs and while I don't think I've experienced to many bugs, at least ones that weren't already around I have no reason to doubt his complaint and I really hope they work on ironing the bugs out but otherwise I like the combat change.
  • Velseen2015
    1081 posts Member
    edited March 28
    I disagree with the Original post. I like the change's and it should be based on skill management with the stamina bar, not light saber clubs bouncing back off each other with an endless stamina pool. Nothing wrong with how it was originally ? really ! I think it was totally wrong and didn't feel like light saber combat at all. I like the changes and thank you Dice for listening to some of your players out there.
  • Enzyoo
    209 posts Member
    The new changes are good.

The only bad side about it is they can still spam mouse 1 and still go through your block.

I'm just a simple man trying to make my way in the universe.
    35l7lo44u7u1.gif
  • In this thread: dude is upset because he can't pick Vader and hold L2 to deal with 3 sabers and a respawn. Like sorry bud, where was your team? You shouldn't be in that situation ever. I'm sure you did the best you could but the old system was hot garbage and catered to... exactly what you were trying to do.
    PSN: Atreus-213
    Xbox One GT: Atreus215
  • It takes skill and timing to parry and riposte enemy saber users. You have a little window of time between (blocked) strikes to smack them back, punishing them for their advance. Learn it; master it. Love it.

Also, the servers are ticking at an odd framerate, which is making things very chaotic. They'll calm down in a day or two.

Keep in mind that the target system promotes pack-hunting and NO sith or Jedi should be able to hold off an entire team. That's not even canon in the films or shows.

We need Hero Blast, and I hope the devs are finding the time now to continue testing/refining what they've been prototyping.

This ^^
  • xJstarx00
    499 posts Member
    edited March 28
    Enzyoo wrote: »
    The new changes are good.

The only bad side about it is they can still spam mouse 1 and still go through your block.

Actually from what I've seen the person spamming their attack will run out of stamina first compared to the person on the defensive.

Although if your talking about a glitch or something you're experiencing where you can't block then what I just said wouldn't matter.
  • kylo ren and grevious can not be blocked i think dooku as well, their abilities just let them shred your block and destroy you.
  • I agree the problem is that because all the heroes have different block and attack stamina it's become a memory game trying to remember all the different stats to know what heroes will win over the other, not fun at all. There needs to be a counter system in place and not just hoping that your opponent has less stamina. Originally when the stagger system was in place you where able to punish lightsaber spammers and counter attack. I don't have a clue why people had a problem with the stagger system and instead attempting to understand its advantages. This new combat system is bad and instead of increasing the skill gap and integrating a skill based system it's become a saber spam fest and if you are outnumbered even 2 to 1 you might as well run. Bring back the stagger system as it was the only counter to swing spammers please!!!
  • crssquared
    236 posts Member
    edited March 30
    Nah. It's quite good now. Needs some minor tweaking, but I'm a huge fan of what they've done. I can defend myself against 3 using most saber heroes all day long ( Maul and Yoda excluded ). You just have to use your dodge more. Block > dodge backwards> use defensive ability > recharge stamina >> rinse 'n repeat. Doesn't work all the time, but I've definitely been able to take out quite a few packs of 'autistic rage'.

The only time it gets hairy is when there are ranged heroes in the mix. You kinda just have to run 'n use your defensives there. Run back to your team 'n let them help you.
  • Nolan1654 wrote: »
    kylo ren and grevious can not be blocked i think dooku as well, their abilities just let them shred your block and destroy you.

Not true
  • MerovechI
    98 posts Member
    edited March 31
    crssquared wrote: »
    Nolan1654 wrote: »
    kylo ren and grevious can not be blocked i think dooku as well, their abilities just let them shred your block and destroy you.

Not true

Half of Kylo's swings absolutely go straight through block even with full stamina. Sometimes, his pull damages through block as well if they have the "Harsh Pull" card equipped. I've had it happen multiple times since the latest update. I've also stagger happen.
  • hosco33
    215 posts Member
    edited March 31
    I disagree with the Original post. I like the change's and it should be based on skill

There is no skill involved in spamming enemies in group, it might imply tactical skills, teamwork, but they have made it impossible to counterattack gangs. Before it was possible to survive and it was perfectly possible for the gang to kill the prey. Today you just have to smash the trigger until the opponent is dead. Despite silly respawn, it's more likely you to fall closer to a gang of enemies than to your teammates, so some matches have just ended since first two points.

Maybe stamina could be based on timing also, so one can face two or three sabers, or another completely different system to block attacks that would be more complex when facing more enemies, complex but possible.
    Post edited by hosco33 on
  • I disagree with the Original post. I like the change's and it should be based on skill management with the stamina bar, not light saber clubs bouncing back off each other with an endless stamina pool. Nothing wrong with how it was originally ? really ! I think it was totally wrong and didn't feel like light saber combat at all. I like the changes and thank you Dice for listening to some of your players out there.[

Ive always tried to play with tactics rather than just sit there and spam block. There really is no skill involved. However, staying 2 players just to have some vulture, who just respawned, full health, swoop in and smoke you, isnt fun either.
    Meet me halfway. The more I play and adjust, it does get better. (I dont like drastic change)
    I tend to get set in my ways.
    Davdman SWG Kettemoor
    XSoiled DrawsX X1