criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
August Community Calendar
Community Transmission

Charge a hard block for a small window to stagger attacking lightsaber hero.

Most fighting games have a "combo-breaker" you can activate either through a charged ability or a well timed block. I keep thinking such an ability would be nice with lightsabers, where each blocked strike gradually charges a "hard block" that brings back a little of the knockback/stagger (smaller distance of knockback/shorter duration).

OR, maybe some healthy chunk of stamina can be traded to do such a block (half? 3/4?)

Now, I do want to praise the team for a fabulous job with the LS combat changes; you exceeded my expectations and it not only looks cool, it feels like much better melee combat. Knockback/stagger was frustrating and I don't know if it should be brought back in any shape or form, but a limited usage of it to get some breathing room on multiple attackers would be nice.

Also, it's worth considering that without the target system, such an ability might not even be necessary, as such a system tends to reward "pack-hunting." A Hero Blast mode could eliminate the need. As of right now, one-on-one, or even two-on-one isn't so bad. In fact, in many cases, there seems to be a slight pause between saber strikes that allows a defender to "parry" and "riposte" on the attacker.

Anyway, thought I'd leave this suggestion and maybe in time, it'll become clear how to further perfect this sweet lightsaber action you've brought. Thanks again.

Replies

• Enzyoo
    216 posts Member
    Would be cool if you could do an alternate attack which does more damage.

Like in 2005 BF2.

I'm just a simple man trying to make my way in the universe.
    35l7lo44u7u1.gif
  • In fact, in many cases, there seems to be a slight pause between saber strikes that allows a defender to "parry" and "riposte" on the attacker.

You can usually land 2 strikes during that period.
  • crssquared wrote: »
    In fact, in many cases, there seems to be a slight pause between saber strikes that allows a defender to "parry" and "riposte" on the attacker.

You can usually land 2 strikes during that period.

Yeah, especially with Dooku's Duelist.