criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

Who else, hates the new star wars Trilogy?

Prev134
HoverBoyBen
328 posts Member
edited July 14
Starting off...... with this form, it is for people like myself, who hate Star wars episode 7, 8 and 9. and people who love the original trilogy prequels, clone wars and star wars rebels, along with rogue one and the Solo movie.....

I personally hate and despise the new trilogy. Everything about them. from them creating ray to be a mary sue and more powerful then Luke and Anakin combined.... with not training what so ever. To them killing han solo and luke. and don't get me started on the first order storm troopers. and the so called resistance it's a joke. plus if you've seen the new trilogy, there's nothing new about the story. if you compare star wars episode 4, and 5 it's almost an exact copy with 7 and 8. with the story and plot. there's so much i dislike that i don't even consider the new trilogy cannon to the star wars universe, and i consider the new trilogy a poorly made fan fiction.... For me the star wars ended with episode 6. and ill watch anything that takes place before SW 4,5 and 6. i love rogue one and how they tied everything in with the clone wars and star wars rebels. and i loved the han solo movie. even though i had my doubts at first with all the critics saying that it was bad. By the way i grew up watching the original Trilogy, i even dress up as luke skywalker with the black outfit and homemade green lightsaber. so yeah im a true Original trilogy fan boy. and i love the clone wars, and SW rebels too....

If any New Trilogy haters are out there.... feel free to reply to this and tell me what hate and like. And may the force be with you......
Post edited by HoverBoyBen on

Replies

• @IronSoldier @IIPrest0nII can this be moved into off topic?
    Don't click unless you want to know the truth....
  • IIPrest0nII
    4299 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    @CarapaceonMenace

Of course. Topic moved.

Thanks!
    SWBF Forums Senior Moderator/ Check out the forum rules & guidelines
  • I despise the ST as it's a load of nonsense with no coherency or logic.

That being said I do really like Vice-Admiral Amylin Holdo and Captain Phasma.
  • @CarapaceonMenace

Of course. Topic moved.

Thanks!

thanks im still tring to figure out how to do off topic
  • rollind24
    5573 posts Member
    @CarapaceonMenace

Of course. Topic moved.

Thanks!

I’m trying to figure out how you hate Episode 9. The hate is strong with this one.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • Batman20
    1755 posts Member
    The new trilogy isnt great but I don't hate it. The force awakens was a ripoff but still enjoyable I didn't like the last jedi but ep9 could turn out to be decent potentially
  • Maliainu
    1107 posts Member
    edited April 1
    I don’t necessarily hate the new trilogy, just didn’t like Rian Johnson's take on JJ Abrams developing story with Rey and her background. It was a slap in the face with the way The Last Jedi ended, as I don’t imagine Abrams wanted that kind of sorry excuse of an answer for a lead character that’s supposed to be the driving force for new-age Jedi.

Also don’t like how childish Kylo Ren’s character is. Maybe this was purposeful on Abrams part, kind of like a mild mocking of Hayden Christensen’s acting in Ep. 1/2/3. So I hope Abrams can undo the damage that was done and actually end the new trilogy in a way that will satisfy old and new Star Wars fans.
  • Iceninja
    409 posts Member
    I think we all hate it even though everyone does not come out an say it. They people who “love it” start crying when you insult it. Notice fans do not do that for other things.
    “The force is with me and I am one with the force. I fear nothing because everything is as the Force wills it to be.” -Chirrut Imwe
  • thanks guys.... love your feed back keep it coming
  • rollind24 wrote: »
    @CarapaceonMenace

Of course. Topic moved.

Thanks!

I’m trying to figure out how you hate Episode 9. The hate is strong with this one.

i have this ability, that when i see a trailer for a movie or something, I get this feeling and I just know..... and that is the god honest truth.....Plus 7, 8 i hated so 9 won't be any different plus i have a feeling that there gonna kill off lando for some reason.
  • Cadoth
    1055 posts Member
    Batman20 wrote: »
    The new trilogy isnt great but I don't hate it. The force awakens was a ripoff but still enjoyable I didn't like the last jedi but ep9 could turn out to be decent potentially

Same, even though the quality of the films wasn’t ermm... really high I didn’t hate them
  • VaderFist501st
    414 posts Member
    edited April 1
    I don’t think Rey is as powerful as Luke and definitely not as powerful as Anakin. Shes like skipped the whole training part and hasn’t even struggled so far in this trilogy but that that doesn’t mean she more powerful than Luke or Anakin.

I don’t like the new trilogy so far. They’ve made some really confusing, terrible decisions. One being never reuniting the original cast of Han Luke and leia at least once.
    Episode 8 was a travesty and Luke’s portrayal was shameful. Even mark didn’t like what they did with Luke. Kinda feel bad for him TBH.

But with all that said I’m still optimistic for episode 9. I’m really hoping Anakin makes an appearance as a force ghost and has interactions with Kylo and Luke’s force ghosts.
  • Let the past die, kill it, if you have too.
    itt96uodu82s.gif
    Give me an Old Luke skin, and we will be best friends. He is the only one I plan on buying with real $. :-)
    Poe/Hux Concept Ideas: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/117608/poe-dameron-armitage-hux-concept-ideas/p1?new=1
  • Well I don’t hate the ST, but in my book they’re at a minimum disappointing. I like TFA, but on the other hand, The Last Jedi is the first movie that has made me MAD. That movie just drives me nuts sometimes. I’m cautiously optimistic for Episode IX, but I’d rather watch PT over ST frankly.
    Heroes are born on the battlefront... especially if you play the objective.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • OcDoc
    1520 posts Member
    7 was a ripoff and therefore I hate it. When it comes to movies, I truly believe there must be an original plot line or I lose interest.

I really liked Kylo as sort of a Vader revamp though.

When I watched 8, I really liked it a lot. Some of the reviewers and haters got in my head a bit and now I am not sure how I feel about that movie. I particularly liked how it kept me guessing but there are some issues with the plot of the movie.
  • Yeah, I'd take a fairly neutral stance towards the ST. I can't say I hate it, because I enjoyed TFA, but TLJ was, in my opinion, a missed opportunity. I am also disappointed over the fact that Luke, Leia and Han were never reunited.

Alas, there's nothing to be done. I'm looking forward to Ep. 9 all said and told, however, because I'd really like to see how things turn out. And, no matter what happens, it's hard not to get a kick outta watching Star Wars on the big screen. At least for me.
    Just wish they thought about the fans more when making the movies, specifically TLJ, because I see so much more arguments (mostly toxic) about how good/bad the movies are rather than discussion about the actual movies themselves, definitely made the Star Wars fandom far less fun to be a part of. Whether or not you love or hate the new trilogy, you can't deny it really negatively affected the fanbase.

Also, I strongly agree with this.

idbrs4zinhdu.gif
  • rollind24
    5573 posts Member
    rollind24 wrote: »
    @CarapaceonMenace

Of course. Topic moved.

Thanks!

i have this ability, that when i see a trailer for a movie or something, I get this feeling and I just know..... and that is the god honest truth.....Plus 7, 8 i hated so 9 won't be any different plus i have a feeling that there gonna kill off lando for some reason.

Well in the timeline he’s quite old so it wouldn’t be surprising
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • I'm not a fan of Rebels or the Solo movie. I did enjoy watching Rogue One, Original and Prequel Trilogy with added Clone Wars tv series.
    I will say that sequel trilogy is bland and lack originally and imagination.
    pija5nbcgaah.jpg
    "This is a mission of peace. I put my faith in diplomacy. We can't solve all of our problems by throwing troops at them."
    -Padmé Amidala
  • Didn't much care for 8. Even after repeated viewings
  • I prefer the new trilogy over the prequels for sure. I would even say i enjoy them over the originals. That could be just because they are new and i could change my mind after 9.

To address the elephant in the room which is tlj, i will say that when i first watched it i had a lot of mixed feelings. When i saw kylo cut snoke in half and him and rey team up against the praetorian i lost it. I knew immediately it was my favorite star wars moment ever. I also really really liked how luke projected his image in the fight against kylo. Great plot twist!

Some of the things i did not care for at first was the humor, the poe/holdo thing (though the way she crashed the raddis into the fo fleet was epic), and luke tossing the lightsaber. I also thought leia pulling herself back to the ship was shot kinda oddly. These are all things that i have either come to appreciate (i now immensely enjoy poe/holdo story line) to some that i just don’t spend time dwelling on (leia floating). If i watched star wars movies like that i would not like any of the films.

Tfa i watched 5 times when it first aired. I loved it. It resembled anh but imo that was not a bad thing. It had to bridge the gap between old fans and bringing in new fans which is a near impossible task. The rey being a mary sue thing i always felt was a rather daft way of expressing dislike for her character. I thought she was more interesting than luke or anakin. For me, kylo and vader were always my favorite anyways.

I do hope they learn from some of the mistakes i feel they have made and this would be incorporating world building into the actual movies. Also, i am ready to be done with the skywalkers. I want to see star wars not skywalker everytime. In fact, my least favorite part of rogue one was the vader fight scene. Did it look cool? Sure. It added nothing to the story and was just thrown in there to appease the “fans”.

All in all i am so here for the sequels and i am excited moving forward beyond that.
  • Cane_danko wrote: »
    I prefer the new trilogy over the prequels for sure. I would even say i enjoy them over the originals. That could be just because they are new and i could change my mind after 9.

To address the elephant in the room which is tlj, i will say that when i first watched it i had a lot of mixed feelings. When i saw kylo cut snoke in half and him and rey team up against the praetorian i lost it. I knew immediately it was my favorite star wars moment ever. I also really really liked how luke projected his image in the fight against kylo. Great plot twist!

Some of the things i did not care for at first was the humor, the poe/holdo thing (though the way she crashed the raddis into the fo fleet was epic), and luke tossing the lightsaber. I also thought leia pulling herself back to the ship was shot kinda oddly. These are all things that i have either come to appreciate (i now immensely enjoy poe/holdo story line) to some that i just don’t spend time dwelling on (leia floating). If i watched star wars movies like that i would not like any of the films.

Tfa i watched 5 times when it first aired. I loved it. It resembled anh but imo that was not a bad thing. It had to bridge the gap between old fans and bringing in new fans which is a near impossible task. The rey being a mary sue thing i always felt was a rather daft way of expressing dislike for her character. I thought she was more interesting than luke or anakin. For me, kylo and vader were always my favorite anyways.

I do hope they learn from some of the mistakes i feel they have made and this would be incorporating world building into the actual movies. Also, i am ready to be done with the skywalkers. I want to see star wars not skywalker everytime. In fact, my least favorite part of rogue one was the vader fight scene. Did it look cool? Sure. It added nothing to the story and was just thrown in there to appease the “fans”.

All in all i am so here for the sequels and i am excited moving forward beyond that.

To each his own.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • bfloo
    15009 posts Member
    The ST has been awful.

Character building has been an oversight and TLJ was horribly paced.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo wrote: »
    The ST has been awful.

That is certainly true. From a certain point of view.
    bfloo wrote: »
    The ST has been awful.

tsw8a949ocby.gif
    I think that your certain point of view is the same as Obi Wan’s.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
    The ST has been awful.

tsw8a949ocby.gif
    “Luke, you’re going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.” / “The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe.”
    Cane_danko wrote: »
    The ST has been awful.

tsw8a949ocby.gif
    “Luke, you’re going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.” / “The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe.”
    7qd0jt77wx25.png

Excuses excuses. Sometimes the truth is just the truth.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
    The ST has been awful.

tsw8a949ocby.gif
    7qd0jt77wx25.png

Only a sith deals in absolutes!
    The ST has been awful.

tsw8a949ocby.gif
    7qd0jt77wx25.png

Only a sith deals in absolutes!
    futt5p8usumq.png

Well, that statement itself is an absolute...
    bdt456jcwgwn.png
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
    The ST has been awful.

And they eliminate interesting characters like snoke for simple shock value. Snoke could’ve been a really interesting character and JJ probably had cool plans for him before Rian has the bright idea to write him off the script just to shock the audience. We didn’t get a backstory or anything before he was taken out.

Kylo has also been treated horribly this trilogy. He’s lost every duel to Rey and constantly gets made to look underpowered. He even had to have assistance from Rey to defeat Snoke’s guards. They never gave him his definitive villain moment (which should’ve happened in one of the first two films) that showcased his power. Despite this, I still really like kylo’s character. I’ve always kinda been a sucker for the characters that struggle.
    The ST has been awful.

And they eliminate interesting characters like snoke for simple shock value. Snoke could’ve been a really interesting character and JJ probably had cool plans for him before Rian has the bright idea to write him off the script just to shock the audience. We didn’t get a backstory or anything before he was taken out.

Kylo has also been treated horribly this trilogy. He’s lost every duel to Rey and constantly gets made to look underpowered. He even had to have assistance from Rey to defeat Snoke’s guards. They never gave him his definitive villain moment (which should’ve happened in one of the first two films) that showcased his power. Despite this, I still really like kylo’s character. I’ve always kinda been a sucker for the characters that struggle.

I found snoke to be the worst character besides hux in tfa. They were just copycats of emperor and tarkin imo. I thought tlj made them more interesting.
  • bfloo
    15009 posts Member
    The ST has been awful.

I found snoke to be the worst character besides hux in tfa. They were just copycats of emperor and tarkin imo. I thought tlj made them more interesting.

They made Hux a meme

h846398gb27k.png

The ST has been awful.

They made Hux a meme

I love tlj hux. He works better for me as a comedic character. I actually enjoy it when he shows up in tlj because i know he is going to be up to something.
  • Has anyone seen the new trailer for the clone wars season 6? it looks incredible..... I can't wait to see my favorite togruta girl come back along with captain rex, can't wait.
  • Has anyone seen the new trailer for the clone wars season 6? it looks incredible..... I can't wait to see my favorite togruta girl come back along with captain rex, can't wait.

Of course i have and it looks awesome
  • VaderFist501st
    414 posts Member
    edited April 20
    The ST has been awful.

One reason I found snoke to be interesting is because I loved the theory that snoke is plagueis. But I agree Hux is a bad character. I feel like someone way older should be playing the role of a general.
    The ST has been awful.

One reason I found snoke to be interesting is because I liked the Snoke is Darth plagueis theory. I truly believe, based on evidence, that snoke was at one point supposed to be plagueis.

But regarding hux, I agree. I really don’t like his character and I feel as if a commander should be played by someone much older. I can’t take someone who could easily pass as a college student seriously as a commander of a ruthless order
    The ST has been awful.

One reason I found snoke to be interesting is because I liked the Snoke is Darth plagueis theory. I truly believe, based on evidence, that snoke was at one point supposed to be plagueis.

But regarding hux, I agree. I really don’t like his character and I feel as if a commander should be played by someone much older. I can’t take someone who could easily pass as a college student seriously as a commander of a ruthless order

I do find what we do know of snoke interesting. And snoke being plageus was one of the more interesting theories out there. I think kylo should be the main villain and now he is and not only that he has become something different as vader seeing as how he is now the supreme leader rather than the champion of the first order.
    The ST has been awful.

I do find what we do know of snoke interesting. And snoke being plageus was one of the more interesting theories out there. I think kylo should be the main villain and now he is and not only that he has become something different as vader seeing as how he is now the supreme leader rather than the champion of the first order.

The reactions in this video regarding plagueis is very interesting. Especially Daisy’s ‘is that-’ before being quickly interrupted. Lol
    The ST has been awful.

The reactions in this video regarding plagueis is very interesting. Especially Daisy’s ‘is that-’ before being quickly interrupted. Lol

Indeed. I wish he was Plagueis. I mean he's practically Plagueis in my mind.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • They are a lot better than the prequels, even if they have some remarkably bad scenes. I never understood anything about the Episode One and Two until i read about them on wookieepedia.

They would have been better as books instead of films.

At least the sequels try to explain and widen the Star Wars characters and Saga. And Luke was right - the Jedi sucks at everything.

I don't think Rey will turn to the dark side even if she's a Palpatine, but we could get some interesting moral questions (and answers) in the last one.
  • Have to be honest, I stopped paying attention after you said that you despised a movie that hasn't even come out yet.
  • Not me
  • mastery0ta
    6089 posts Member
    The optimist in me feels like 9 could be the one we're waiting for. But man oh man have I tried to like 8 and still nothing. Rogue one still my fav Disney wars
  • mastery0ta wrote: »
    The optimist in me feels like 9 could be the one we're waiting for. But man oh man have I tried to like 8 and still nothing. Rogue one still my fav Disney wars

i really liked rogue one.... im a person who grew up with the original trilogy and i just hate what they've done to the star wars trilogy,
  • Hate it, as a matter of fact I am not fond of anything Disney made with this franchise.
    I am (apparently) the only person in the world who didn't like rogue one.
    Rebels was not so great, but enjoyable.
    Solo I can only say lol.
    Went to see TFA hyped as everyone else, got pretty disappointed.
    Never cared to watch the last jedi ( and it seems I did myself a favor)
    IX trailer is just showy, full of "cool" like back flipping over a fighter flying grazing the sand, but uninteresting content, and ofc the palpatine laugh there to try and hook fans, but delivering another easy story choice.
  • DarthJ
    6454 posts Member
    Wouldn't say I hate it, more not keen on it
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • Hate it, as a matter of fact I am not fond of anything Disney made with this franchise.
    I am (apparently) the only person in the world who didn't like rogue one.
    Rebels was not so great, but enjoyable.
    Solo I can only say lol.
    Went to see TFA hyped as everyone else, got pretty disappointed.
    Never cared to watch the last jedi ( and it seems I did myself a favor)
    IX trailer is just showy, full of "cool" like back flipping over a fighter flying grazing the sand, but uninteresting content, and ofc the palpatine laugh there to try and hook fans, but delivering another easy story choice.

bravo,,, i agree with most of what your saying......its just, i liked solo, rogue one , and rebels but thats me.... i love the original trilogy and the prequals, im also a big fan of the clone wars..... it is sad what disney has done to the star wars franchise
  • bfloo
    15009 posts Member
    Rogue One was well done, the use of old footage from ANH, plus cgi Tarking helped with the nostalgia.

Solo was a fun flick, would have been better with out Han and Lando.

TFA was basically the typical low effort Hollywood remake we get these days. JJ can't develop characters, so I was pretty apathetic about the entire thing.

TLJ was just poorly paced and I lost interest, which I also felt with AotC. When they got interesting at the end, I just don't care anymore.

Going into Ep 9, I just don't care what happens to the characters.

h846398gb27k.png

• Relikk
    229 posts Member
    edited June 5
    It started off promising with The Force Awakens. Even though it was a clone of A New Hope, it was executed pretty well and had humour, contiguous with all other Star Wars movies that came before it and all in the right places. The Last Jedi just [Removed] on all of that. Nonsensical character decisions, utterly pointless side stories, infantile humour and numerous plot and continuity errors. A great looking film, but executed extremely poorly because of a rubbish screenplay.

Rogue One was superb and easily the best Star Wars movie that Disney has made. Solo was decent. It felt more like a Star Wars movie to me than The Last Jedi ever will.

Edited to remove swearing ~Rtas
    Post edited by EA_Rtas on
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    du2UASv.gif