criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar
Double XP Event

Would you want Padme Amidala and Jango Fett in Battlefront II as heroes?

Prev13
I was thinking about this, and i was wondering, should Padme and Jango be new blaster heroes for the prequel trilogy. And that's why i'm asking the community if they would want Padme Amidala and Jango Fett in battlefront ii, and want they want for abilities, skins, emotes, etc. Would you want these two to be in Battlefront II?

Replies

• RyanK388
    1860 posts Member
    Jango Fett And Captain Rex
    The Clones could also use the line from the OG battlefront about Jango being a traitor

“Jango Fett has been sighted in the area attack the traitor”
  • RyanK388 wrote: »
    The Clones could also use the line from the OG battlefront about Jango being a traitor

Yeah, would love to see Rex maybe, but Padme would be a cool rival for Jango though.
  • Yesss
  • CC_1010
    2532 posts Member
    RyanK388 wrote: »

Not another jetpacker in hvv. Although pre viszla would be cool. With a saber and Blaster pistols he would make for an interesting hero.
  • RyanK388
    1860 posts Member
    Padmé has experience with war alright
    She liberated her planet and people
    All that’s down to do is get rid of Chewie in GA maps cause he worse than standard WW it’s frankly pathetic
  • 0Skywalker
    688 posts Member
    edited March 31
    Like I said in my thread before. Mace and Jango would be the 'logical' pair according to movies.

But if it HAS to be blaster v blaster hero, I think they should add Rex(or one of the other cool clone commanders)

If they add one of the clone commanders, they could easily have him use a Jetpack (thus fulfilling everyones wants for a light side Jetpack user)

So yea, as much as I like Padme (and her actress lol) I would rather see other heroes added
  • CC_1010
    2532 posts Member
    edited March 31
    0Skywalker wrote: »
    Like I said in my thread before. Mace and Jango would be the 'logical' pair according to movies.

But if it HAS to be blaster v blaster hero, I think they should add Rex(or one of the other cool clone commanders) or maybe even Poe (ik new era ew, but he could be a cool blaster hero)

If they add one of the clone commanders, they could easily have him use a Jetpack (thus fulfilling everyones wants for a light side Jetpack user)

So yea, as much as I like Padme (and her actress lol) I would rather see other heroes added
    Cody has a jetpack in episode 3.
    Post edited by CC_1010 on
  • Padme is likely to be in the game, but I don't think Jango Fett should be paired with her. Like others have said, he's a better fit with Mace Windu. They would need to rework HvV before they add Jango. It can't be the same format if they want to keep adding jetpack heroes. It will just be them flying off like Boba Fett does.

Aurra Sing should be paired with Padme. As a sniper, she brings a different blaster style. She had a cameo in Phantom Menace, was mentioned in Solo, and actually directly attempted to assassinate Padme in Clone Wars.
  • Padme is likely to be in the game, but I don't think Jango Fett should be paired with her. Like others have said, he's a better fit with Mace Windu. They would need to rework HvV before they add Jango. It can't be the same format if they want to keep adding jetpack heroes. It will just be them flying off like Boba Fett does.

Aurra Sing should be paired with Padme. As a sniper, she brings a different blaster style. She had a cameo in Phantom Menace, was mentioned in Solo, and actually directly attempted to assassinate Padme in Clone Wars.

Jango with Mace, that wouldn't be a fair pairing for heroes and villains. If that had to happen, the lightside would have more lightsaber heroes than the darkside.
  • I've wanted Jango ever since this game was announced. Instead of Jango, I only got disappointment.
  • masontcarr wrote: »
    Padme is likely to be in the game, but I don't think Jango Fett should be paired with her. Like others have said, he's a better fit with Mace Windu. They would need to rework HvV before they add Jango. It can't be the same format if they want to keep adding jetpack heroes. It will just be them flying off like Boba Fett does.

Jango with Mace, that wouldn't be a fair pairing for heroes and villains. If that had to happen, the lightside would have more lightsaber heroes than the darkside.

Lightside kinda needs more sabers (Dont forget grievous and Maul have 2 sabers!!!! xD)
    So tbh id be 100% fine seeing Mace Windu and Jango Fett added.

Also like a great solo once said "hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster ;)"
  • RyanK388
    1860 posts Member
    Rex is more of a pistolero and Cody a Rifleman
    So what balance of pistol ratio to riflemen are heroes for the lightside? Like 2-3 riflemen and 4-5 pistol users?
    Padme is likely to be in the game, but I don't think Jango Fett should be paired with her. Like others have said, he's a better fit with Mace Windu. They would need to rework HvV before they add Jango. It can't be the same format if they want to keep adding jetpack heroes. It will just be them flying off like Boba Fett does.

I see no problem with there being more lightsaber users on the LS. There can only be 4 users at any given time anyways so it doesn't matter. If they don't add Mace I would be slightly dissappointed because he is the one hero I want the most at the moment.

But to answer your question, yes I'd love to see Jango and Padmé! More than Ventress and Ahsoka actually. Jangos armor and weapons are too cool to be left out, most awesome possible blaster villain. Padmé on the other hand is just a character I like and altough I wouldn't be as thrilled to see her as my boy Jango, she's definately the blaster hero I'd want to see the most in BF.

Jango should play differently than Boba though, maybe he should be more agile, similar to the jetpack trooper instead of being able to fly around for hours like Boba. He should also be focused on being a deadly 1v1 villain rather than a support or AoE oriented character.

I see no problem with there being more lightsaber users on the LS. There can only be 4 users at any given time anyways so it doesn't matter. If they don't add Mace I would be slightly dissappointed because he is the one hero I want the most at the moment.

But to answer your question, yes I'd love to see Jango and Padmé! More than Ventress and Ahsoka actually. Jangos armor and weapons are too cool to be left out, most awesome possible blaster villain. Padmé on the other hand is just a character I like and altough I wouldn't be as thrilled to see her as my boy Jango, she's definately the blaster hero I'd want to see the most in BF.

Jango should play differently than Boba though, maybe he should be more agile, similar to the jetpack trooper instead of being able to fly around for hours like Boba. He should also be focused on being a deadly 1v1 villain rather than a support or AoE oriented character.

Hey man you nailed my thoughts exactly imo.

I think if they added Jango they could easily make him miles different than Boba (by giving him a jetpack ability similar to jump troopers, so he still have maneuverability but cant fly endlessly like Boba, which is wat ppl are scared of)
    Also since Boba has 2 blasters in the movies(and Bounty Hunter video game if u OG's remember) they can easily use the dual wield functionality of the ARC troopers.
    Jango with dual wield and a jetpack ability would have so much 1v1 potential, thus living up to Jangos bounty hunter name.

I think Jango could also have an ability that utilizes the missile on his JETPACK (which they didnt use for boba...)
    Review_JangoFettTVC_stillB.JPG
    As you can see in that image he would charge up his missile (lean over) thus make his a little vulnerable, but then have the missile do damage in a large AOE maybe, or something else, but I was thinking an AOE like the enforcers thermal imploder or whatever that huge grenade is.

Idk, either way tho I've wanted Jango in this game for so long I have had time to think of what he should do lol
  • 0Skywalker wrote: »
    masontcarr wrote: »

I think if they added Jango they could easily make him miles different than Boba (by giving him a jetpack ability similar to jump troopers, so he still have maneuverability but cant fly endlessly like Boba, which is wat ppl are scared of)
    Also since Boba has 2 blasters in the movies(and Bounty Hunter video game if u OG's remember) they can easily use the dual wield functionality of the ARC troopers.
    Jango with dual wield and a jetpack ability would have so much 1v1 potential, thus living up to Jangos bounty hunter name.

I think Jango could also have an ability that utilizes the missile on his JETPACK (which they didnt use for boba...)
    As you can see in that image he would charge up his missile (lean over) thus make his a little vulnerable, but then have the missile do damage in a large AOE maybe, or something else, but I was thinking an AOE like the enforcers thermal imploder or whatever that huge grenade is.

Idk, either way tho I've wanted Jango in this game for so long I have had time to think of what he should do lol

I really like the missile idea, I actually thought of the same thing but decided not to mention it because I wasn't sure if it's possible since it could be tricky to animate such a move. Could also be hard to aim but I don't know.

Good idea anyways, sounds great to me. Do you remember those orbital strikes in the first Battlefront from DICE, where you "marked" an area with binoculars that got then attacked? Maybe his missile could have a similar aim mechanic where you place a marking upon pressing the button and Jango then shoots the missile to that location.
    i8y9ojdbmir3.jpg
    Just worried it could be too clunky.

I really like the missile idea, I actually thought of the same thing but decided not to mention it because I wasn't sure if it's possible since it could be tricky to animate such a move. Could also be hard to aim but I don't know.

Good idea anyways, sounds great to me. Do you remember those orbital strikes in the first Battlefront from DICE, where you "marked" an area with binoculars that got then attacked? Maybe his missile could have a similar aim mechanic where you place a marking upon pressing the button and Jango then shoots the missile to that location.
    i8y9ojdbmir3.jpg
    Just worried it could be too clunky.

Yea true, I see your point. I like that idea maybe he could just mark an area he wanted the missile fired and it does some simple animation to fire the missile from his jetpack, and it lands in the aoe you selected. Not a bad idea

an ability that would be cool is his flamethrower.
  • OcDoc
    1992 posts Member
    Mace before Padme
  • Padme and aurra sing
    Luminara and ventress (Ahsoka would take 10X longer to make than ventress)

Later Ahsoka and the seventh sister
  • Maliainu
    1107 posts Member
    I wouldn’t want Padme in the game. She wasn’t a prominent fighting force and her role overall was pretty lame in Ep. 1-2-3. Sure she’s the mother of two famous Skywalker’s, and the wife of an even more famous villain, but who cares if she’s in it? Leia is already good enough and was way more interesting as a character in the original trilogy.

Why not have Ahsoka Tona as a playable character since they’re wanting to add clone wars elements? She’s more relevant to the clone wars plot and would be more fun to play as in terms of combat.
  • Paraply wrote: »
    I'd prefer Padmé over Rex any day in the week now when we have ARCs. Rex would basically just be a reskin with a little more hp.

You realize Padme is a Leia reskin at best, right? Jango is one too for Boba. They're just too similar to play that differently. Kinda like how there's 3 Millennium Falcons that all play the same. Would be similar for those particular Heroes/Villains imo. Unless they did something drastic, uncalled for, and non-canon with their abilities.
    Would you want Padme Amidala and Jango Fett in Battlefront II as heroes?

No, there are MUCH more important issues (like new MAPS, weapons).

• DarthLando
    1546 posts Member
    As they’d essentially be Leia / Boba clones (literally with Jango ) ... not really, no.

Give us more game modes, more weapons, then more heroes. Plus, as much as I would like Mace Windu or Qui Gon, we got 4 new saber heroes, we should get 2 new blaster heroes next.
    PSN: DarthLando-
  • DarthLando wrote: »
    As they’d essentially be Leia / Boba clones (literally with Jango ) ... not really, no.

Give us more game modes, more weapons, then more heroes. Plus, as much as I would like Mace Windu or Qui Gon, we got 4 new saber heroes, we should get 2 new blaster heroes next.

I’m with this.
  • DarthLando wrote: »

True.
  • 1483196041394459.png
    After looking at the roadmap were no longer get Padmé Amidala since I really want her to be a playable character since 2005.
    DICE
    giphy.gif
    pija5nbcgaah.jpg
    "This is a mission of peace. I put my faith in diplomacy. We can't solve all of our problems by throwing troops at them."
    -Padmé Amidala
  • Phyxsius
    372 posts Member
    edited April 2
    Preggy Padme.

Ability: Belly Smash.

Mandatory as few clothes as possible.

When logic doesn't meet fanboyism and they cannot see that she, of all "heroes", has nothing special, especially since Leia seems to be the closest Padme would be, without Hail Marys and extreme *****.

Jango Fett, on a terrestrial variant, with the backpack acting like a glorified longer side step and slightly higher jumps, could work.
  • Phyxsius wrote: »
    Preggy Padme.

When logic doesn't meet fanboyism and they cannot see that she, of all "heroes", has nothing special, especially since Leia seems to be the closest Padme would be, without Hail Marys and extreme ****.

Jango Fett, on a terrestrial variant, with the backpack acting like a glorified longer side step and slightly higher jumps, could work.

I would't want a preggy padme. i wonder if @F8RGE would like padme & jango in the game?
  • Ya i want more prequel era hero shooters

I would love a jango
    Unpopular opinion but i dont want another jetpack hero, just a skin for boba

But zam wessel would be nice

And padme no matter what

But i would still be very happy with a new hero jango
  • Yes!, and anyone who thinks Hero A and Hero B will be like these hero’s because they have similar features/gender/Weapons etc are sadly mistaken.
    Honestly the hero’s all feel and play differently maybe the best work DICE has actually done is making each hero feel unique regardless of opinion of any particular hero... unlike Bf2005 which all did almost entirely the same animations and powers.
  • Yes. They're both good heros to play as. and they could add add Jango's Slave 1 in to balance out Obi-Wan's Delta 7, Grievous's starship, and Anakin's Actis class which also need to be added.
  • I'd rather have Aurra Sing or Ashoka
  • Hell yeah, but also Ahsoka and ventress, with those two first of we can only get 2 more heroes
    Top favorite heroes and villains missing:
    Ahsoka, Rex, Padme, Cody, Mace
    Bane, Thrawn, Ventress, Jango, Savage
    0np8u7zs8tne.gif
  • 1483196041394459.png
    After looking at the roadmap were no longer get Padmé Amidala since I really want her to be a playable character since 2005.
    DICE
    giphy.gif

How do you know? The roadmap only goes to June. For all we know Padme, Ahsoka, Ventress, and Jango are coming this fall with Clone Wars Season 7. Personally, I'd rather see Aurra Sing than Jango. Save him for if they bring Mace Windu to the game.
  • Phyxsius
    372 posts Member
    edited April 3
    Phyxsius wrote: »
    Preggy Padme.

When logic doesn't meet fanboyism and they cannot see that she, of all "heroes", has nothing special, especially since Leia seems to be the closest Padme would be, without Hail Marys and extreme ****.

I would't want a preggy padme. i wonder if @F8RGE would like padme & jango in the game?

You obviously missed the point. Her special power is only "Get Pregnant", otherwise she is just flesh and bones, with questionable royal firepower training and not even that tall.

You already have a more memorable, almost identical approach and, most importantly, already present hero, namely Leia.

Realistically, Padme can be implemented only with blaster pistol and secondary blaster rifle. And, in terms of abilities, she is just a shorter, less skilled trooper. Nothing will change the fact that she is absolutely no addition to the game.

Jango Fett not aiborne, sure. One flying hero is quite enough. Jetpack used as slightly longer side step and a bit higher and longer jump, sure, but never airborne.
  • Versatti
    2198 posts Member
    If they come with their own maps. Yes.
  • 1483196041394459.png
    DICE
    giphy.gif

How do you know? The roadmap only goes to June. For all we know Padme, Ahsoka, Ventress, and Jango are coming this fall with Clone Wars Season 7. Personally, I'd rather see Aurra Sing than Jango. Save him for if they bring Mace Windu to the game.

Just a feeling.
    pija5nbcgaah.jpg
    "This is a mission of peace. I put my faith in diplomacy. We can't solve all of our problems by throwing troops at them."
    -Padmé Amidala
  • Paraply
    78 posts Member
    I'd rather not have Ventress and Ahsoka, we have enough lightsaber heroes, I think Jango and Padmé would be good blaster heroes to add before moving onto other content than CW.

And I don't think Jangos jetpack would be an issue. Give him fast-firing guns with a lot of damage, but high drop-off and ***** aim so he has to get close to do damage.
  • Paraply wrote: »
    I'd rather not have Ventress and Ahsoka, we have enough lightsaber heroes, I think Jango and Padmé would be good blaster heroes to add before moving onto other content than CW.

And I don't think Jangos jetpack would be an issue. Give him fast-firing guns with a lot of damage, but high drop-off and **** aim so he has to get close to do damage.

yeah. i think Ahsoka & Ventress should be the last lightsaber heroes we get for the game. after that, blaster heroes only maybe.
  • XAnakin93
    531 posts Member
    Padme Yes.
    Jango no.

Jango would be the same as Boba, so it's pointless.
    I would choose Cad Bane over Jango everytime.

• lowell
    1652 posts Member
    edited July 5
    Just thinking of Season 7 coming out, since Padme's not widely featured in it, I don't know if there's a chance for her to come in the game in the near future, even though I really want to play as her eventually. In the show so far, Padme's work to end the war is highlighted several times and it's interesting that she keeps continuing the process despite Republic & Separatist intervention ruining it most of the time.

Technically, if they didn't finish the animation for the Bad Batch arc, Padme had one final arc in the show that could've taken Bad Batch's place for Disney+: She and Anakin return to Mon Cala (first one was Season 4 and is referenced in the Darth Vader (2017) and recent Star Wars comics), and they come back to talk with King Lee-Char and Senator Tikkes to remove Palpatine from office but somehow became unsuccessful (Possibly the Separatists told Tikkes to refuse any offer). She basically knew he would likely abuse the emergency powers and she had to check and balance it.

And Jango's just Jango. Lucasfilm barely has any focus to flesh out Jango's story currently because there's not really much to add to it, he was just the genetic template for the clone army and besides that, a bounty hunter.

Let's just hope if TCW Season 7's 12 episodes (Bad Batch, Ahsoka in the Underworld, Siege of Mandalore) are successful on Disney+, Disney could finally fund Lucasfilm to finish the rest of the remaining unfinished arcs of the show and then we'll likely get Padme if the Mon Cala sequel arc ends up getting completed.

Here are the arcs that have yet to be finished:

Crystal Crisis on Utapau (unfinished story reels are available online like the Bad Batch but only the latter is getting finished animation)

Boba Fett & Cad Bane

Bad Batch sequel arc with Yoda on Kashyyyk

Rex and R2 team-up arc (inspired by Top Gun)

Yuuzhan Vong

Ahsoka's return to the Jedi Order (She investigates a Sith temple under the Jedi Temple and fights Sheev's lightning through a wall)

Return to Mon Cala

Extra: Dark Disciple and Son of Dathomir have had their scripts adapted into a novel and a comic so they don't need their episodes to be fully made, but if they were to get them, it would be a bonus.

I was thinking about this, and i was wondering, should Padme and Jango be new blaster heroes for the prequel trilogy. And that's why i'm asking the community if they would want Padme Amidala and Jango Fett in battlefront ii, and want they want for abilities, skins, emotes, etc. Would you want these two to be in Battlefront II?

no i'm prefer first order, or galactic civil war, not forever content of clone wars, buy game of clone wars heavy, tired.
  • hsf_
    1912 posts Member

Didn't the darkside used to have more saber villains than the lightside saber heroes? Also giving the darkside 2 jetpack troopers would just be ridiculous. Two mosquitos buzzing around the whole time.
  • XAnakin93 wrote: »
    Padme Yes.
    Jango no.

Jango would be the same as Boba, so it's pointless.
    I would choose Cad Bane over Jango everytime.

i kinda agree with you. it wouldn't be far for the lightside with 2 jetpack heroes on the dark side, and none on the lightside.
  • PlayersPurity
    629 posts Member
    edited August 13
    I would LOVE to see them both in the game, but not sure if we want another "jetpack" villain. But Padmé is a must! :heart:

Ps. She's not a Leia clone you guys!
    Current Topics:
    Leia Improvements
    Heroes vs Villains Improvements
    Staff Strikes Improvement

m3s3leriptmd.png
    PSN / Twitter: PlayersPurity

I will not stop complaining until DICE update Leia's Hoth skin's sideburns and add some for Rey!!