criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Darth Maul Community Quests

Maul block footage.

Replies

• Looks like they already added in an animation for blocking Obi-Wan's defensive rush, even though he can't block yet. I wouldn't expect the block until the big April update later in the month though, I will be surprised if it's in the hotpatch.
  • Omg i swear if maul gets no block soon...

This looks so sweet
    Make Maul great again.
  • RyanK388
    1705 posts Member
    I bet it’s a late April frools joke
  • RyanK388 wrote: »
    I bet it’s a late April frools joke

I’d be the saddest man on earth
    Make Maul great again.
  • Looks like they already added in an animation for blocking Obi-Wan's defensive rush, even though he can't block yet. I wouldn't expect the block until the big April update later in the month though, I will be surprised if it's in the hotpatch.

Yeah this is apparently the case. I am surprised I haven't noticed it before, but then again I haven't played Maul since the Anakin update.

Either way, I expect the animation for his block to look similar so this may be seen as a glimpse into the future, hopefully.
    hnytpwosbe30.png
  • timidobserver
    806 posts Member
    edited March 31
    This will get me back into this game, assuming that it also applies to Yoda. About time that my favorite Jedi becomes authentic rather than just a D&D cleric with a Yoda skin.
  • To me it looks like less of a block and more like they added a melee attack that can function as a block against lightsaber strikes or melee strikes. The animation looks like the move he used on Qui-Gon in TPM so maybe it'll be introduced and be effective against sabers and melee but not against blasters. Still, any kind of block for Maul would be good at this point but I still can't believe he's the only saber hero without a proper block. The potential animation wouldn't even be that hard; just have one blade retract and have him block like the other saber-users do with the other end and let the retracted side reignite when the block is released.

• Ok so Maul's block will look cool,
    but how will Yoda's block work?
  • brienj
    679 posts Member
    I don't know why people are clamoring for a block, he already has one, using his spin attack. If his speed or other great attributes get nerfed, because they add a block, I will be highly upset. I hate to say it, but in this case it really does apply, if you need a block for Darth Maul, git gud.
  • Lee1981
    1953 posts Member
    brienj wrote: »
    if you need a block for Darth Maul, git gud.
    Yoir posting needs to “git gud”

Maul needs a block you are in the minority that thinks he doesn’t

He is trash in GA
  • Lee1981
    1953 posts Member
    Lee1981 wrote: »

He is trash in GA

No, he's great in GA. Maybe everyone asking for a block should practice more in Arcade mode or something.
    The amount of lols in this post says all I need to say
  • brienj
    679 posts Member

He is trash in GA

No, he's great in GA. Maybe everyone asking for a block should practice more in Arcade mode or something.
    The amount of lols in this post says all I need to say

Sure, people that aren't very good with him, would think my statement is funny. All of those LOLs just tells me there are a lot of people that don't know how to use him, and aren't as good as they think.